Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 277 Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajchesak View Post

I received my TV Friday.  I am definitely not as savvy as most of you.  Any help on calibrating?  I have a macbook pro with retina display and available calibration software seems scarce.

Have you had a chance to watch content with a light backround to see if you have the line issues?

-Hawkmoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 277 Old 10-27-2013, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yeah. I've watched during the day in a bright living room and at night. No lines were seen. A great tv so far but the included manuals suck.
post #93 of 277 Old 10-27-2013, 07:58 PM

Liked: 12
I've watched many many different tv shows and gaming. No lines at all
tlwiz1 likes this.
post #94 of 277 Old 10-27-2013, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I was at BB/Magnolia earlier today and brought along a USB stick with lots of content (4k, pictures etc). Played with the Panasonic a little bit. Hawkmoon, I see the lines you are talking about...I'm really starting to think they are actually support bars that run down the back and where the stand attaches, and when a bright image is shown perhaps they are showing through the LCD panel? That's just a hunch, but I do clearly see the lines. They had another 65" Panasonic (non-4K) right above it with the same football feed and clearly no lines on that set. I would have to think Panasonic is listening and will get this right with later versions of the set. Otherwise as you said, this is a great TV.
post #95 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 06:20 AM

Liked: 14
Hi, in my observations I definatley saw the Lines/bars as well. I tried to catch them in a Foto. See attached.
There are 4 white bars, in my picture you can see two oft them (arrows).

Emes

post #96 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 AM

Liked: 10

Hawkmoon, have you tried the Samsung 4K TV the UN9000? I saw the Panny 4K and the Samsung at BB and they both looked good.  And from what I have heard the samsung one connect box will be upgrade-able with hdmi 2.0 in 2014.  I am on the fence between these two TV's.  The lines on the Panny is completely unacceptable for that price.

post #97 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emes View Post

Hi, in my observations I definatley saw the Lines/bars as well. I tried to catch them in a Foto. See attached.
There are 4 white bars, in my picture you can see two oft them (arrows).

Emes

are these lines showing on all sources, BR, OTA, and STB?

post #98 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 10:06 AM

Liked: 13
Oh this line issue stinks! I was really looking forward to purchasing this set as a computer display for gaming.

Does anyone have thoughts on gaming such as input lag and motion clarity? Is there a "game mode" that bypasses all electronics? If so, does the 2000 Hz strobing backlight still work? I am only interested in native 4K content from a PC, not upscaled 1080P.
post #99 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 02:21 PM

TallCoolOne Can you tell me which BB/Magnolia you saw the WT600 lines in?  My uncle lives out your way and was interested in the model.  Wanted to see the lines for himself. 

post #100 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 02:48 PM

Might be a good idea. All owner of this set, please let us know, whether the bars/lines are equal to the ones you can see on my picture above.

Greetings,
Emes
post #101 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller23464 View Post

TallCoolOne Can you tell me which BB/Magnolia you saw the WT600 lines in?  My uncle lives out your way and was interested in the model.  Wanted to see the lines for himself. 

Yea no problem, it's the San Francisco store on Harrison St.
post #102 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden1005 View Post

Hawkmoon, have you tried the Samsung 4K TV the UN9000? I saw the Panny 4K and the Samsung at BB and they both looked good.  And from what I have heard the samsung one connect box will be upgrade-able with hdmi 2.0 in 2014.  I am on the fence between these two TV's.  The lines on the Panny is completely unacceptable for that price.

The Samsung has poor input lag, so if you are going to game on it at all, stay away from it. Right now, in my honest opinion, the Panasonic has the best picture and good input lag. However, with lines, this is a mute point as no one will find these line acceptable because it ruins the picture. The Sony has really good input lag and it has a great image, right behind the Panasonic, but due to a good screen and no screen issues the Sony wins out. If Panasonic can figure out what they hell they did wrong and fix the lines issue, then hands down they have the best set, especially if you are a PC game and have powerful computer to run 4k at 60fps.

-Hawkmoon
post #103 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Might be a good idea. All owner of this set, please let us know, whether the bars/lines are equal to the ones you can see on my picture above.

Greetings,
Emes

Yes, they are in the same location on the 2 sets I had. A total of 4 bars, 2 on the left/ 2 on the right. The 2 most center ones are lined up almost exactly with the legs of the stand. It is hard to capture on a camera, but here is a pic of the 4 lines that I took while in a grey screen. The 4 vertical lines are clearly visible in this photo and at times they look worse depending on what content you are looking at.

-Hawkmoon
post #104 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega View Post

Oh this line issue stinks! I was really looking forward to purchasing this set as a computer display for gaming.

Does anyone have thoughts on gaming such as input lag and motion clarity? Is there a "game mode" that bypasses all electronics? If so, does the 2000 Hz strobing backlight still work? I am only interested in native 4K content from a PC, not upscaled 1080P.

Yes, there is a Game Mode and it works well and gaming has good input lag. I also post over at Overclock as well and have seen your post. I have a 2 Titan SLI system and it was GREAT on this set, but the lines, kill it and in the end is not worth it at all because of this. If they ever work out the issues, then it is great!

-Hawkmoon
post #105 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

Yes, there is a Game Mode and it works well and gaming has good input lag. I also post over at Overclock as well and have seen your post. I have a 2 Titan SLI system and it was GREAT on this set, but the lines, kill it and in the end is not worth it at all because of this. If they ever work out the issues, then it is great!

Titan SLI? Wow....... What kind of power supply do you use for those?
post #106 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 06:39 PM

The WT600 has some interesting settings including a "4k PureDirect mode" to support a 444 source.

I checked it out at the the other BB is SF, the unit there also had the bars, too bad.
post #107 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTonik View Post

I have 2 titans too.

I played Far Cry 3, COD, Metro last light, on the SONY today.

The graphics were sublime....the lag made it IMPOSSIBLE to play a first person shooter...

I'm a competitive first person shooter, and I normally play with a 19" screen @1ms refresh rate.

end of story...the 4k tv's are amazing...but not for gaming!!!

post #108 of 277 Old 10-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTonik View Post

1000 watts and up.

I have a 1350 watt power supply.

post #109 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:

Yes, they are in the same location on the 2 sets I had. A total of 4 bars, 2 on the left/ 2 on the right. The 2 most center ones are lined up almost exactly with the legs of the stand. It is hard to capture on a camera, but here is a pic of the 4 lines that I took while in a grey screen. The 4 vertical lines are clearly visible in this photo and at times they look worse depending on what content you are looking at.

Ok, these are exactly the same lines/bars I observed, too. So it seems, Panasonic has a serious problem. Many different sets in different countries (USA, Uk, and me here in germany) showing the same issue. In fact of this I have to turn to Samsung and buy the F9090.

Emes
post #110 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 06:23 AM

Yep, that's how my lines look too. I still have the TV because my primary use for it is gaming, and even with the lines this is still the best gaming display available at the moment. I've played through most of Arkham Origins and Battlefield 4 at 4K and it looks so good that it's going to be very difficult to go back to lower resolutions (as I will unfortunately have to with the "next-gen" consoles!). Due to the nature of games where the camera moves around almost constantly, I've never noticed the lines at all while playing.

Of course if Panasonic do correct the problem and people start receiving the same model of set without the lines then I might get more upset about it...
post #111 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 07:44 AM

You know what, I wonder if this issue is vertical structural members that support and rest on the back of the LCD panel putting a little too much pressure. That could cause this issue, especially on such a large screen. Are there any "warranty void if removed stickers" on the set? If I had the set, I would pop off the back cover and take a look.

Really, this is still the only 4K set that can do 60 Hz and would be perfect for a computer gaming display. There are no other options with Displayport. mad.gif

Hopefully Panasonic will have a repair answer. If they don't and will still sell them as is, hopefully we see a drastic price decrease. I'd maybe put up with the faint lines if the set was $3k instead of $5.5k USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilka View Post

Yep, that's how my lines look too. I still have the TV because my primary use for it is gaming, and even with the lines this is still the best gaming display available at the moment. I've played through most of Arkham Origins and Battlefield 4 at 4K and it looks so good that it's going to be very difficult to go back to lower resolutions (as I will unfortunately have to with the "next-gen" consoles!). Due to the nature of games where the camera moves around almost constantly, I've never noticed the lines at all while playing.

Of course if Panasonic do correct the problem and people start receiving the same model of set without the lines then I might get more upset about it...

Could you comment on the input lag and motion clarity of the set? I know without a proper test setup we cannot get any hard numbers. But since you play BF4 like myself, I thought maybe you could provide some subjective input. Do you feel completely no input lag, a little, a lot etc? As for motion clarity, when you turn really fast is it super blurry or is it fairly decent? Are you running it in regular or game mode, and have you noticed a difference between the two using native 4K input?
post #112 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post

I have 2 titans too.
I played Far Cry 3, COD, Metro last light, on the SONY today.

The graphics were sublime....the lag made it IMPOSSIBLE to play a first person shooter...

I'm a competitive first person shooter, and I normally play with a 19" screen @1ms refresh rate.

end of story...the 4k tv's are amazing...but not for gaming!!!

Im a gamer too (90% gaming, 10% film) but Ive never been bothered by supposed poor lag panels. Im susceptible to many visual flaws, but input latency is not one of them. Most important to me: how was the frame rate? Im planning on SLI 780's (assuming someone comes out with HDMI 2.0 versions), which should be pretty close in performance to two Titans.
post #113 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Before you know it the nvidia 8 series gpus will be out with hdmi 2.0.

I think sonys 4k sets will be upgraded to 4k 60hz via an update because they will lower the color from 10bit to 8bit to accommodate the increase frame rate to 60hz.

TV: SONY 65" 4K X900 - AVR: DENON AVR x4000 - AMP: ROTEL RMB 1585 5Ch 200w - OPPO 103D BD PLAYER
CENTRE: KEF Q600c - FRONT L/R: KEF Q900 - WIDE FRONT L/R: KEF Q300
SURROUND L/R: KEF Q800DS's - SURROUND BACK L/R: MINX 21's
SUB: SVS PC13-ULTRA
post #114 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

What an absolute joke!!!! What is Panasonic thinking letting this kind of product go out to the consumer without proper quality control.
Shameful really, it seems like this is the set to beat, hopefully the 2nd gen will have it solved.

Paul
post #115 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 10:51 AM

What I can´t unterstand, why no review reports about this stripes/bars?

Greetings,
Emes
post #116 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 AM

Liked: 23
Quote:

What I can´t unterstand, why no review reports about this stripes/bars?

Greetings,
Emes

You better believe they have a little Oompa Loompa at the Panasonic factory that triple checks sets that go out to official reviewers.
post #117 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 11:43 AM

There has been real reviews of the set? I can't find any actual reviews, just kinda short "overviews".
post #118 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 12:27 PM

Liked: 22
Hopefully the price go 2000 dollars down before the holidays.
post #119 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega View Post

There has been real reviews of the set? I can't find any actual reviews, just kinda short "overviews".

Here is a good german review.

http://www.areadvd.de/tests/xxl-test-panasonic-uhd-tv-tx-l65wt600-top-bildmaschine-fur-5999-eur/

Emes
post #120 of 277 Old 10-29-2013, 01:18 PM

http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/199423/panasonic-tx-l65wt600

Here the Panasonic only earned a silver award. In Comparison to the Samsung F9000-Series not a good result.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page