TV for PS4 gaming - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 70 Old 12-25-2013, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'd go with the samsung f5500plasma...it's got pretty much the best input lag out of all plasmas right now and it's got great pq it's smart and 3d and an amazing price for all of that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 Old 01-24-2014, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post

5. Currently, the only brand of LCD tvs good for gaming comes from Sony. These include the w650, w802, w850, w900, and the s990. If you are really going to be at all competitive in gaming, you want 20ms or less of input lag. If you are just a casual gamer, then anything under 40ms seems to be just fine. I would not even consider anything over 40ms for gaming, regardless of the type of game being played.

From what's being said, the new Vizio E series has less lag than some of those Sony screens. I would've liked the w650 if it weren't for the fact I can get a Vizio 8 inches bigger for $200 less with less lag. Am I the only one annoyed that the giant Sony screens are hitting under 20ms, but the 32 inch still had 30ms? I was hoping this year's models would be better. However, I'm itching for a new screen to replace a dead one, and Vizio is first to get their **** together and actually release new models
post #63 of 70 Old 01-24-2014, 05:54 PM

Liked: 10
There are some good price tv with 600 Hz .. http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/PN60F5500AFXZA
post #64 of 70 Old 01-24-2014, 09:23 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhatter View Post

There are some good price tv with 600 Hz .. http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/PN60F5500AFXZA

That's the tv I use with my ps4...amazing!!! I love this tv...it's a great all around set...3d, smart, good on input lag and amazing for blu rays and everyday viewing
post #65 of 70 Old 01-25-2014, 07:16 AM

Liked: 10
I was going to buy it with my Mitsubishi laservue money but since they gave me $2100 I'm trying to find a way to fix the dlp chip .. No one will help .

biggrin.gif
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0094/0094_01.asp Is this the last generation we are seeing ?
post #66 of 70 Old 02-26-2014, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeskie View Post

Picked up a 65w850, absolutely amazing for gaming, 19ms, colors are great, zero glare. If you can afford it it's my recommendation.

This TV follows many others over the last 5 years - 58S10 panny, which was great in it's day but image retention bothered me to no end, I was just too obsessive. Combined with the buzzing It ruined my gaming.
Then came the Sony 55HX820 (terrific) followed by a 65LE60 Panny (horrible colors, pretty good for just gaming though).

Oh and my last advice would be, once you buy a TV - If you're happy with it, stop reading up on it.. someone will always find a problem. smile.gif

Anyone else here gaming on the W850A either with a PS4 or XB1?  I would like to hear from other gamers how they are enjoying the set and maybe what picture settings they are using while doing so.  I know the W900A is a nice TV for gaming but the W850A has a low input lag rating as well.  Thanks.

post #67 of 70 Old 02-26-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayloe View Post

Anyone else here gaming on the W850A either with a PS4 or XB1?  I would like to hear from other gamers how they are enjoying the set and maybe what picture settings they are using while doing so.  I know the W900A is a nice TV for gaming but the W850A has a low input lag rating as well.  Thanks.

I believe there's a gamer or two posting in the set's AVS thread, you might want to pop in there. There's some good setting suggestions too - check for WhiteSands' recommendation.

The 850a should be one of the better sets for gaming.
post #68 of 70 Old 02-26-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

I believe there's a gamer or two posting in the set's AVS thread, you might want to pop in there. There's some good setting suggestions too - check for WhiteSands' recommendation.

The 850a should be one of the better sets for gaming.

Thanks for the reply...I have been there and have heard from a couple of gamers regarding the set.  I thought I would try this thread though for any suggestions/recommendations.

post #69 of 70 Old 02-26-2014, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayloe View Post

Thanks for the reply...I have been there and have heard from a couple of gamers regarding the set.  I thought I would try this thread though for any suggestions/recommendations.

I personally would stay away from the w850a. Every set I have seen has terrible vertical banding. This seems to be a trend with the large LCD panels (65"+). The banding would be very distracting in a FPS. With the current price of the w900a, it's a steal. Not only do you get low input lag, but you get incredible picture quality, and one of the best, if not the best, 55" lcd panles ever produced.
post #70 of 70 Old 02-26-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post

I personally would stay away from the w850a. Every set I have seen has terrible vertical banding. This seems to be a trend with the large LCD panels (65"+). The banding would be very distracting in a FPS. With the current price of the w900a, it's a steal. Not only do you get low input lag, but you get incredible picture quality, and one of the best, if not the best, 55" lcd panles ever produced.

That is what I have been reading within that thread.  But then there are those that love the W850A.  I have a LCD 52" now and wanted to move up in size.  I have visited the W900A thread as well and have read where owners have had banding issues as well.  65" is where I want to be at this time around and it seems all major brands have some sort of banding issues.  The W950B set to come out soon seems to correct some of those issues found with the W850A but will most likely be over $3k.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Playstation 4 Console