Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkirzner View Post

Darkness in the corners, spots across the screen, audio lip sync issues...

And the poster that suggested to set your computer resolution to below 1920 x 1080 to "fix" the dark corners... that is not a workaround, but an unacceptable compromise. There is a NATIVE RESOLUTION for LCDs and that's where it should be set.

People on this board that think the picture quality is great need to compare it to other panels. I have three other tvs, 2 LGs and 1 Philips, none of them particularly high-end. They are all superior to this Sharp.

Anyway, my solution to fix all these issues: I'm returning this set to Best Buy. Problems Solved! Not worth the headache hoping for firmware updates from Sharp.

Maybe you should of got the 42", I'm not having any of those problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 08:00 AM

Mine is also having lip sync issues. For a $400 50" set I can deal with the spots in the corners, that are hardly noticeable, but not sure if I can live with the audio sync issue.

The other thing I don't like about this set is that you only have one user setting for each input. You can modify the presets, but that just creates a user setting, which you only have one. If you have already created a user setting it will be erased with the new. So you are pretty much stuck with the presets

post #183 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkirzner View Post

Darkness in the corners, spots across the screen, audio lip sync issues...

And the poster that suggested to set your computer resolution to below 1920 x 1080 to "fix" the dark corners... that is not a workaround, but an unacceptable compromise. There is a NATIVE RESOLUTION for LCDs and that's where it should be set.

People on this board that think the picture quality is great need to compare it to other panels. I have three other tvs, 2 LGs and 1 Philips, none of them particularly high-end. They are all superior to this Sharp.

Anyway, my solution to fix all these issues: I'm returning this set to Best Buy. Problems Solved! Not worth the headache hoping for firmware updates from Sharp.

I think that it all boils down to personal preference really. Some people are happy with their sets, others are not. The silver lining is that those who aren't happy have the ability to return their tv, and those who are happy are content with their purchase.
post #184 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezusXR8 View Post

Mine is also having lip sync issues. For a $400 50" set I can deal with the spots in the corners, that are hardly noticeable, but not sure if I can live with the audio sync issue.

same here.  my neighbor asked me to recommend a good, inexpensive first hd tv, i helped her pick this set, and i hooked it up yesterday.

no picture issues, not even dark corners, and 1080p picture with blu-ray is incredible.  but the audio sync issue is a deal breaker.  it only happens when running hdmi from the box to the tv, then fiber optic from the tv to the avr.  when the fiber optic is connected from the source directly, no issues.  if this doesn't get resolved, i'm now looking at helping her return the tv - not good.

post #185 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 09:28 AM

I got this tv on black friday and have been playing ps4 on it and bluray movie's from my pc with dts surround and it looks amazing, equally as good as tv's twice what I paid for it.. get one. I have not experienced any sync issue's. Oh and I have pc connected hdmi to my receiver then hdmi from receiver to hdmi (dvi) 3  on tv.

post #186 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 10:13 AM

I ordered the 42" model like Louis has. Main uses will be mostly console gaming, some PC gaming, and over the air HD broadcasts. Perhaps not so much the PC gaming depending on whether my vid card and a dvi to hdmi adapter will still hit that 120 refresh rate on the set (yes, I realize I am expecting a lot more bang for my buck than I should).
After reading about the hypothetical Isignia rebadging, I had pretty much convinced myself to return it back to Best Buy as soon as it arrived (which should be via UPS today) without giving it a chance. Now I'm considering at least taking a look at it rather than return and wait to see what sales the Super Bowl brings. If the audio pass through problem that Northalabama described is present, it's probably going back since the Xbox 360 E model that I'll be hooking up to it has no optical out like the older models do.

If I do open it, I'll try and share some thoughts here. Just don't expect a thesis paper on it. ;-P

egw
post #187 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 10:49 AM

Why use optical anyway it cannot pass  (DTS-MA and Dolby Digital Plus) myself never use optical it has never been necessary in any set up I have used. HDMI is alway's the way to go imo.

post #188 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 12:57 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Lentes View Post

I went to three bestbuy today around my house and my working place. I find a lc32lb150u and lc42lb150u. It turns out they all have little bit dark in the four corners. Even in their high end product, I still see it, but not too obvious. I believe it is caused by the direct-lit back lit design. Some people are just not too sensitive to this while someone else does. However, just like you, I don't see any spots in my screen or lip-sync problem, no matter how hard my girl friend and I try to find it out. 

vendo232 likes this.
post #189 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:

So the 42" has no audio sync issue? Does anyone else have a 42" to confirm their set also has no audio delay?

Each TV in the same batch can be randomly different, but usually in panel/backlight quality, not the electronics that would cause audio delay.

It would be good to know if its a problem across the whole line or if its just some sets behaving badly. Only a small percent of owners post reviews.

If the 42" uses the same electronics as the 50" then maybe the 42"s firmware has fixed the audio issue and the 50" just needs the same fix.
post #190 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 01:55 PM

So I bought the 50 and was expecting to be disappointed. In all actuality, I am pretty happy. Here are some notes

* I have only tested it with ROKU xs over HDMI
* I originally had a strong soap opera effect(Which I hate), but that went away once I switched one of the settings(something like original movie) seemed to be a motion setting
* Picture is fantastic now
* Blacks are very black with little or no back light bleed
* Colors are vibrant
* I have not experienced and lip sync issues that I've noticed
* I can't really see any darkening of corners or spotting

All in all I am very happy for $400.

BTW my point of reference is an older 50 1080p Plasma panny
post #191 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 02:00 PM

So you would recommend, this tv over the Plasma?
post #192 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFunk001 View Post

So I bought the 50 and was expecting to be disappointed. In all actuality, I am pretty happy. Here are some notes

* I have only tested it with ROKU xs over HDMI
* I originally had a strong soap opera effect(Which I hate), but that went away once I switched one of the settings(something like original movie) seemed to be a motion setting
* Picture is fantastic now
* Blacks are very black with little or no back light bleed
* Colors are vibrant
* I have not experienced and lip sync issues that I've noticed
* I can't really see any darkening of corners or spotting

All in all I am very happy for $400.

BTW my point of reference is an older 50 1080p Plasma panny

Could you send a pic of your TV? Thank you.

post #193 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Parga View Post

Why use optical anyway it cannot pass  (DTS-MA and Dolby Digital Plus) myself never use optical it has never been necessary in any set up I have used. HDMI is alway's the way to go imo.

My Sherwood receiver is probably going on 7 years old now and only has optical and coax SPDIF input jacks. It was a cheapy even back then. I'm not as picky about audio (as long as dialogue sounds clear) as I am visual quality. I'll still be using that with my living room projector setup anyways. The Turtle Beach wireless surround headphones I will use do not have an HDMI passthrough.
post #194 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 04:11 PM

Hey guys just set up my 42 inch version and was wondering if anybody knew some settings (contract, sharpness, tint) to use.:)

post #195 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 05:35 PM

Here are some pictures. In looking at them, there may be some darkness in the corners, but it really is not that noticeable in practice. I am clinically OCD and it does not really bother me.

post #196 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 06:38 PM

I got the 42" tv, but I figure picture settings for the 50" should work fine. Could you guys put up your picture settings? I haven't been able to get them right.

post #197 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 08:02 PM

image.jpg 256k .jpg file

Try these settings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (256.1 KB, 104 views)
post #198 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 10:37 PM

I have the 42" sharp. Been messing with it since Black Friday and everything seems to work great and looks great for 299 price. But once I start gaming I notice some pretty bad input lag in campaign and online. Note I am gaming on a PS4. Tested it on call of duty ghosts and knack. Any input on this?

I read on this post that the best port to use is HDMI 3. I will have to test that and see if anything changes.
post #199 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamikey View Post

I have the 42" sharp. Been messing with it since Black Friday and everything seems to work great and looks great for 299 price. But once I start gaming I notice some pretty bad input lag in campaign and online. Note I am gaming on a PS4. Tested it on call of duty ghosts and knack. Any input on this?

I read on this post that the best port to use is HDMI 3. I will have to test that and see if anything changes.

Turn motion enhancement off
post #200 of 300 Old 12-04-2013, 10:49 PM

Yeah all those extra enhancements are off in advanced settings.
post #201 of 300 Old 12-05-2013, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamikey View Post

Yeah all those extra enhancements are off in advanced settings.

Try game mode.
post #202 of 300 Old 12-05-2013, 05:36 AM

Re: audio syncing issues

I have a MythTV connected to HDMI1. This is where I noticed the audio being out-of-sync, even before people started discussing the issue in this thread. Luckily, my MythTV has a setting to compensate for this, so I'm OK there.

I have a Roku on HDMI2. I use it to watch Netflix a good bit. I have no audio issues there.

I connected a DVD player to HDMI3, and it also has no audio syncing issues.

I'm wondering if we can track down what's causing the audio issue:
  • Try connecting your device to HDMI2 (and HDMI3) and see if you still notice an issue, and report here.
  • My MythTV outputs 1080p, while my old Roku only outputs 720p and my DVD player outputs 480p. Has anybody noticed audio sync issues with a device outputting 720p or less?
  • Is there anything else people can think to check?
post #203 of 300 Old 12-05-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:

Try game mode.

Yeah done tried that already with no luck. I'll have to test it later on HDMI3 later today and see if that helps
post #204 of 300 Old 12-05-2013, 09:28 AM

Liked: 13

Ok, slightly noob-ish question. lol Can an optical audio cable be plugged in directly from a PS3/360 to the tv and work? Don't have a home theater system unfortunately, so I can't test it. I'm wondering if connecting an optical cable to the tv could allow us to adjust the audio delay in the Sound menu. If so, I'd have no problem buying a cable for $2 just to solve the issue. If anyone can test this out, it would be greatly appreciated!

post #205 of 300 Old 12-05-2013, 10:04 AM

If those people having the audio delay could share how they ran the audio runs (direct to TV, passthru to receiver, etc.), may help pinpoint where the system actually breaks down.
Got my 42" model yesterday but may not have time to set it up until Friday night or Saturday.
post #206 of 300 Old 12-05-2013, 10:09 AM

Liked: 14
Mine has lip sync issues on both the 1st and 2nd HDMI input, have not tried the 3rd one yet..

I am tried PCM setting and putting in game mode but still no luck..

I get the same issue weather I am using digital optical or not...
post #207 of 300 Old 12-05-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp0887 View Post

Mine has lip sync issues on both the 1st and 2nd HDMI input, have not tried the 3rd one yet..

I am tried PCM setting and putting in game mode but still no luck..

I get the same issue weather I am using digital optical or not...

So you're getting the delay whether you're using the TV speakers or using the optical out to a receiver over the ARC and MHL HDMI ports. Well that blows my thinking it might just be when someone uses the optical out to a receiver then.

Is anyone here using the RCA phono jacks or the PC/DVI 3.5mm audio jack any audio? If so, is the delay present over these analog jacks as well?
post #208 of 300 Old 12-05-2013, 10:34 AM

Liked: 14
Yes mine is happening through both the internal speakers and my surround system
post #209 of 300 Old 12-05-2013, 10:53 AM

Also: Is anyone who is running their audio via HDMI to their receiver first then back to the TV having the delay issue?
post #210 of 300 Old 12-05-2013, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have no audio sync problems and I don't notice anything wrong in the corners, but with the frame smoothing enabled (low or high), my video gets a little choppy.

I stream all my videos off a PC upstairs through my LAN via another HTPC with XBMC. I admit I do enjoy the effect of the frame smoothing, but every second or two, it jitters slightly (very noticeable on slow pan shots), and in a few cases I've actually seen artifacts flash on the screen. This happens with large blu ray files as well as smaller dvd rips, so I don't think network streaming is the issue. The whole setup is wired with cat6 --- gigabit throughout.
Film mode (24p mode) actually looks pretty good so that's what I'm leaving it on, but I don't get any of the 120hz effects (soap opera effect) with it.

Anyone else experience anything like this with video while using Smoothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGWilliams View Post

Also: Is anyone who is running their audio via HDMI to their receiver first then back to the TV having the delay issue?

That's my setup and I don't notice any sync issues.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Lc50le650e Tv Led 50f Hd 3d 200hz Dvbt Usb Pvr Smart Cl A
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page