How long until we see a 32/39/40" Ultra HD 4K 21:9 screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-27-2013, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Anyone care to speculate? Are 21:9 screens going to become more commonplace to begin with, or will it be difficult to find something like this for a long time? I'm kind of debating whether I really need to go Ultra HD right away, since I'm itching to get a 21:9 display this size within the next 6 months or so. I'm also curious as to why there's a 7 inch gap in TV sizes. Nobody wants a 36" anymore? frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-27-2013, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 137
To answer your question simply is No. Not many people want a 36" TV anymore unless it's going in the bedroom. Everybody wants bigger and better all the time. Also having a 4K panel in smaller sizes is kind of waste in my opinion. You wouldn't benefit from it as mush a a 55" and up. As for a 21:9 TV catching on or finding one, there is one already but it is not 4k it's 1080p. Unfortunately it hasn't really cached on. I guess it's good for watching black bar blue ray movies, as it would fit the whole screen but for TV cable it doesn't work , it only fits part of the screen unless you zoom it and you wouldn't have a clear good picture.

Vizio XVT 3D CINEMAWIDE® RAZOR LED® SMART TV

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #3 of 6 Old 10-27-2013, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

I've been told a 4K panel in smaller sizes would make an awesome PC monitor. Also, I don't watch cable. I have ~500 blu-rays and 1200 DVDs. The stuff that's too wide for normal HD screens will always irritate me.
post #4 of 6 Old 10-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Probably by the time 4K becomes common place and saturated.

Well be tricked into or forced to make the Big leap to 8K 21:9 screens, just like the justification for forcing us into Plasma and LCD screens in 720p they are both inferior technology compared to CRT no reason why they could not make 720p or 1080p CRT screen better color/motion blacks etc. It was just a big coordinated trick so Electronics companies could save a ton because shipping all these TV's is based on Cargo Freight kilograms or Weight, the lighter the less expensive it is for Samsung/Sony/Panasonic etc.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-27-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post

I've been told a 4K panel in smaller sizes would make an awesome PC monitor. Also, I don't watch cable. I have ~500 blu-rays and 1200 DVDs. The stuff that's too wide for normal HD screens will always irritate me.

For gaming , that's a different story. Watching in a small 36" is not your ideal Home Theater experience. It's more of a (student in college dorm)type of experience. biggrin.gif

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #6 of 6 Old 10-29-2013, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

For gaming , that's a different story. Watching in a small 36" is not your ideal Home Theater experience. It's more of a (student in college dorm)type of experience. biggrin.gif

Well, I'm sitting at a desk with 3 screens all day (2x28", 24"), and I'm rather comfortable watching anything in this chair. The DVD cabinets are all on the wall in front of me, so anything big is out. Most I might do is set something in front of the desk to set a slightly larger screen on. I intend to pick up a couple of those Ergotron arms for the side screens after I'm done xmas shopping. I also have surround sound in here. I miss my Denon receiver though.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page