Sound bar for VIZIO M801d-a3 80inch TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-27-2013, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Looking for a recommendation for a sound bar for the 80 inch VIZIO I am buying soon. The TV will not be wall mounted. The sound bar will sit in front of the TV. So I need a sound bar that is low profile enough not to block the TV remote receiver, or one with an RF repeater on the back. I also want an HDMI connection. I am looking to spend no more than $350 for the sound bar. The longer the better for this TV.
Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-27-2013, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
You should probably post this question in the sound bar section.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Get the Vizio 5.1 sound bar surround sound system. But with a TV this big you should go with a full surround sound speaker system, it will rock your house like a movie theater!

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 SpectraCal-CalMAN 5
Onkyo TX-NR818 w/ Polk Monitor 50 (Fronts), Onkyo SK-520 (Surronds), SKW-770 (Sub)
Win 8.1 PC i7 3930k, 2 Crossfire 280X's, 32GB RAM | Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3Ghz, 16 GB RAM w/ PLEX
Roku 3
Oppo BDP-103D
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 S, PS3 Slim
Harmony 700
post #4 of 6 Old 06-13-2014, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Does the Vizio 5.1 sound bar block the Vizio 80" TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
Get the Vizio 5.1 sound bar surround sound system. But with a TV this big you should go with a full surround sound speaker system, it will rock your house like a movie theater!
Resurrecting an old post here, but I am curious if anyone who does not wall mount their M801 has used the Vizio 5.1 sound bar on a entertainment center in front of the TV. You'd think they would design them to work together but on paper they don't seem to. The spec for the 80" suggests the stand only adds about 2.3" to the height. The bezel appears quite minimal. Yet the Vizio 5.1 sound bar measures almost 4" tall. Seems like it should end up blocking about 1.5" of the TV image. And that would suck.

Has anyone tried this setup? Can anyone please measure the real-world height between the surface of a entertainment center and the beginning of the viewable image on the 80"?

Thank you.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-14-2014, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
i want to know,Has anyone tried this setup? Can anyone please measure the real-world height between the surface of a entertainment center and the beginning of the viewable image on the 80"? who tell me,thanks
post #6 of 6 Old 06-14-2014, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewindwells View Post
i want to know,Has anyone tried this setup? Can anyone please measure the real-world height between the surface of a entertainment center and the beginning of the viewable image on the 80"? who tell me,thanks
I set this up today. Yes, technically the speaker is a tad (somewhere in the half to one inch range) taller than the bottom start of the viewable screen. That said, it's not as bad as I thought because you have to place the speaker at least 6 inches in from of the screen anyway to accommodate the stand and, at least in my case, my eye level is about center of the screen so that gap in front compensates and allows me to see the whole screen. If I am viewing while lying on the ground -- which kids might do -- the sound bar is slightly in the way of the bottom of the screen but it's not a big deal.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - M801d by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page