Best 70" Led that is not Smart and not 3d? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-29-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a 70" led that is not a smart tv and not 3D. What would you guys recommend? I would consider a 65" (Samsung) but nothing smaller. My living room is 20'x20', and there is seating in various places close and far. Are the Sharp 70" tvs pretty decent?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Is being "not a smart tv and not 3D" a requirement or are you just saying you don't really need or care about those features?

You can probably find a "not a smart tv and not 3D" tv but since most of the consumer sets have those features it may very well be cheaper to get a set that has those features and then just ignore them. Most people want those things so the cheaper consumer sets have them... the commercial/professional stuff may not... but you will pay a premium for those.

What's your budget?
Are you set on a TV or are you considering projectors as well?
What features do you need/want?

post #3 of 4 Old 10-29-2013, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I have a 80" Sharp (LC-80LE632) in our Boardroom at work. It is a Smart TV, but only minimally so...it doesn't have a full suite of apps or a web browser, and the picture quality is excellent. I would assume that the more recent models such as the LC-70LE550U would have similar if not better performance.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-29-2013, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
"Not smart and not 3D" isn't a requirement, I just don't care about those things. I understand what you're saying about most sets having them and most people wanting them. I haven't eliminated them from my search. I am only considering sets (no projectors). I would like to stay under 2K (I know, that isn't much of a budget).

Also, Rudy1, that is the exact model that I am considering ( LC-70LE550U) and in fact, I may go pick one up tonight after work. I am really wanting a good picture to watch Hd Dish, blu rays, and play xbox360 for the living room. But I want the biggest tv that I can afford without breaking the bank. I really like the way the Samsung's look, but they all seem to be smart/3d and more pricey because of those features.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page