Smart TV?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-30-2013, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Ok first looks like a great site with allot of good information so forgive me if this has been discussed. So I always been a big Sony fan but looking at getting my first Smart TV. Sony models don't look like they offer allot so I'm looking at LG or Samsung Smart TV's for the first time. Also I will probably upgrade my Blu-Ray player as well with which ever manufacture I go with. Right now I'm looking at these 2 models so let me know what everyone thinks about them. My only concerns with LG and Samsung seems like some have had screen issues with them.. 

LG

LG 55LA8600

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-55LA8600-led-tv

Samsung 

UN55F8000BF

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN55F8000BFXZA

Looks like Samsung might have some more options on the Smart TV side of things and one thing that I do like about the Samsung is that you can tell it what your TV Provider is and it will pull up its own guide. Right now I have Dish with the Hopper but if I'm not mistaken the LG Smart TV does not have that capability.  Anyway any feedback would be much appreciated.. :) 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-31-2013, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Kind of leanging more towards the Samsung.. What's everyone else thoughts?? 

post #3 of 6 Old 10-31-2013, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Hmm looks like this LG 55LM9600 might be a good model. 

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-55LM9600-led-tv

post #4 of 6 Old 10-31-2013, 10:26 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post

Ok first looks like a great site with allot of good information so forgive me if this has been discussed. So I always been a big Sony fan but looking at getting my first Smart TV. Sony models don't look like they offer allot so I'm looking at LG or Samsung Smart TV's for the first time. Also I will probably upgrade my Blu-Ray player as well with which ever manufacture I go with. Right now I'm looking at these 2 models so let me know what everyone thinks about them. My only concerns with LG and Samsung seems like some have had screen issues with them.. 

LG

LG 55LA8600
http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-55LA8600-led-tv

Samsung 

UN55F8000BF
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN55F8000BFXZA

Looks like Samsung might have some more options on the Smart TV side of things and one thing that I do like about the Samsung is that you can tell it what your TV Provider is and it will pull up its own guide. Right now I have Dish with the Hopper but if I'm not mistaken the LG Smart TV does not have that capability.  Anyway any feedback would be much appreciated.. smile.gif 

I have the Samsung and I love the TV, but don't count on using the guide. Half the time it does not have the programming info and whenever you open it, it starts at the beginning of the channels, channel 2 for example instead of the channel you are on. I have a Cox Cable DVR, so it might work better with your cable box, but I stick to the guide on my cable box. The apps and everything else I use. I actually have a great number of devices that can access Netflix and VUDU and I prefer to use the app on the TV, so you will probably use a lot of the Smart TV functions, just don't get too excited about the on board guide. I would go to the owner's thread and ask if anyone else uses the guide there.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-31-2013, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Hmm yeah right now I'm leanig towards the Samsung due to seems like the LG's have more issues.. But thanks for the feedback. :) 

post #6 of 6 Old 10-31-2013, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Ok so I really like the Samsung UN55F8000BF LED but what is everyone thougths on the Samsung Plasma 

• PN51F8500AF?? 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm8600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000 , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm9600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 55lm8600 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page