Choosing a new HDTV - Sony, Samsung and Panasonic - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-31-2013, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey y'all, I have a few questions regarding three tv's I'm looking at.

Currently I'm between these three:

Sony KDL55W802A (or is KDL55W900A a HUGE step up?)

Samsung UN55F7100AFXZA

Panasonic TC-P55VT60

I am a stickler for picture quality and I'm fairly confident to say that the Panasonic would handily beat out all the others. However, I play video games fairly often and maybe 3-4 hours on the weekend at any given time. I've read a lot about break in with the plasma and burning but other's claim that being in today's new age and whatnot that it's not such a big deal to worry about. However, people recommend for games LED when I've searched but what are your thoughts? Is the Panny VT a big difference in PQ compared to Sammy's 7100 series? Or if you have any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Edit: Also would be interested in what people think of the larger tv's in these series - 60, 65, 70 inch or else at that point, does Sharp become a better choice with large panels and whatnot eh?

Edit: I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks and going with the Sony, but like I said, I really like a nice picture - is the Sony KDL55W802A comparable to the Sammy's 7100 with colors and black levels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-31-2013, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In considering the options you have here, you are big on PQ so what you would want to consider is the W900A over the W802A. The black levels and PQ handling would be a lot better on the W900A. If you don't care about burn-in or taking breaks, or you can manage to take care of this problem, then I would recommend the Panny in this situation for overall PQ levels then the W900A at a strong second.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Kdl 55w802a 55 Inch Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55f7100 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page