Color and picture adjustments and thoughts about audio out - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-05-2013, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi All :

Just bought a 65900A and am playing with it, Having problems with audio interfacing with my audio gear. I found that you can not have any other active input into TV while trying to set up audio out of HDMI 2 on media receiver. On the receiver end you cannot have any other inputs other than the input from the media player. In fact I had to disconnect all inputs to receiver just to gat sound out of player. Once that was done I got 5.1 PCM out ( At least I could hear some separation of sound from front and rear, During playback of 4K movie )

After this I connected non active inputs into the receiver one at a time and still had sound out. I was able to then connect the output of receiver into HDMI arc or HDMI 3 on TV. When I switched from HDMI 4 to the other input on TV I was able to listen and watch cable and DVD etc, with normal Dolby Digital or DTS or any other HD Master format out of my receiver. Then I could shut off active inputs to receiver and switch to HDMI 4 and watch and get PCM out of receiver during playback of 4K movies.

The important issue is not to have any other source in the TV/media player loop during initial setup of audio out of media player. If you do your receiver will not output sound or output intermittent sound.

After all this I am not able to get sound from the short 2 channel clips in 4K( free or My 4K ) but can have 5,1 PCM on movies At least not yet.

If I am able to fix this I will let you know. I spent about 5 or so hours to be able to listen to 5.1 sound during a 4K movie. This was not a pleasant experience. Most of this was with little or begrudgingly help from Sony. They did not want to admit there were any issues at all. I think they concentrated on the video end of 4K and not on the audio end which is a big part of the movie experience. Too bad.

The other thing would be helpful from you all would be picture and color settings or recommendations. Has anyone had there set calibrated. I probably will after a few months burn in. Anyway, input from you about picture adjustments would be appreciated.

Thx,

Norm L
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page