Looking to purchase a new TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-08-2013, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HI Everyone: I have owned a Toshiba 62" DLP TV since 2005 1081i and looking to purchase a new TV in a very near future. Since 2005 I have been through three lamps and replaced the color wheel once, the new lamps don't usually last very long at the most a year (they cost $275.00 a piece), . I do watch some sports and movies and some TV programs. but mostly watch DVD/BD concerts/movies. I know technology changes on yearly basis it is difficult to keep up. looking at TV technology now that I might be interested in is OLED , 4K is so far down the road that I am not willing to wait. I am 66 time is in essence lol. Although I was very impressed with the 4K TV picture, the actual presentation was playing from a USB provide by Samsun. I am looking in for a 70 - 80 inch in size. is OLED technology worth buying? should I be just as happy to purchase a LCD or LED? is there a considerable difference in technology between the three?

My Stuff is

TV: Toshiba DLP 62"
Receiver: Denon 4311CI
BD: Oppo BD83
DVD: Denon 955
Speakers Front: B & W DM 604S3s
Center: B & W LCR 600S3
Surround: DS6S3
Surround Back: SVS SBS-02
Subs: SVS PB12 plus (new this year)
SVS PB 13 Ultra (2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-08-2013, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 135
There is definitely a difference between them. LED is the same as LCD by the way. 4K TV's look awesome with 4K content but since they are LCD, some still have LCD issues. OLED is superior overall but are very pricey at this time. But since you are looking for a 70-80" TV you won't find any 4K or OLEDs that size. I believe the biggest 4K is 65". If you must have that size you are only stuck with SHARP or Vizio which can't compete with the 4K/OLED/Plasma sets. I think it's time for you to upgrade for sure, good luck.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page