Samsung FH6200 55 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 82 Old 12-04-2013, 10:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 875
I agree to some extent. But what you dont seem to understand is that misinformation should be corrected. This is not for the benefit of the children in the sandbox but the benefit of everyone who reads these threads. Thats what keeps AVS a solid site for good product info and feedback. Some people get offended when they are corrected. That is often a personal issue and cant be helped.
And I have to say that out of your 8 posts in the last 6 years that has got to be the most helpful. In fact, I was almost tempted to give you a thumbs up since you have none.
johnner1999 likes this.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 82 Old 12-07-2013, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bond 007...I'm not offended...I have read other posts in this site where some folks really do go after each other though. Yes, we all need correct product and advice info for the maze of electronics out there..I enjoy turning to AVS for help. Heck, I had to call Samsung tech for some help yesterday and this kid just was not helpful...in fact he messed up my tv when I gave him electronic control of my tv from his end to check something I actually had to cut him off in mid diagnosis cause he was getting carried away and making my set worse then trying to blame my cable co..ha,ha. I remedied the issue on my own after a while. By the way did you purchase this Samsung FH 6200 TV? I did and so far so good, but I'm thinking maybe I should have went with VIZIO M551d-A2R 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Smart LED HDTV with plenty of apps functionality....$300 more too. Contains the glossy screen which I do prefer, the color seems more enhanced on a glossy screen to me... It does not have a full web browser like the Samsung but does have 3D. So its.... do I want a full web browser with built in key board or the 3D functionality. Does viewing 3d become not such a big deal after a while?...is it kind of a gimmick?
post #63 of 82 Old 12-08-2013, 05:03 PM

Luckily I got FH6200 TV from Walmart after staying for 2-3 hours in queue. I actually, needed Vizio 70 but Walmart out of stock.

Next day, I saw costco sold regular F6300 for $868 plus second year warranty. I like costco tv for three reasons.

1. it is edge lit

2. Ultra thin 1.9 plus has spider legs

3. not built for BF.

Folks, what should I do?

post #64 of 82 Old 12-08-2013, 06:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 875
What size 6300? None of your 3 reasons are good reasons. Why are you considering not keeping the 6200?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #65 of 82 Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 AM

Regarding warranties......don't forget that if you purchase with a visa, master card or amx you receive an extra year of warranty to the mfg's warranty. Many people are totally unaware of this. I use my amx gold card for larger electronics purchases and I get even more warranty benefits. Also some cc's will offer price guarantees...if you purchase an item and then see it cheaper some where else the cc will refund the diff usually up to $250!... so it pays to read cc member benefits more closely.
Let me know how you like the FH6200 55. I got one too and I am pleased....for $727 + tax it was a steal I say. The box said nothing about included full web browser with nice keyboard. I just plug in my mouse dongle and zip along...going to buy a wireless keyboard too. When I use the Dynamic Contrast feature in pic settings the pic just pops. I don't need a $1,500 tv there is not that much diff to warrant spending a lot more money...I am not a tv engineer to notice a big diff and neither is any one else on this site- maybe a few pretenders. You could buy two of these 6200's at that price. I saved the diff and will update other electronics around the house.
post #66 of 82 Old 12-09-2013, 02:42 PM

Costo F6300 was 55 inch Sansung smart ultra thin TV.

comparison.

Walmart FH6200                                             vs                                     Costo F6300

1. Back lit                                                                                                   Edge Lit

2. Thin                                                                                                        Ultra thin

3. Single processor                                                                                         Dual processor

4. Special built with left over parts                                                                 Regular model can found on Samsung site too

$727 + tax                                                                                               $868 + tax + second year warranty included.

Diff $140 and have to compromise on 1, 2, 3, 4 items

Did not open the box yet if I have to return.

post #67 of 82 Old 01-01-2014, 03:22 AM

Hi, I've been looking for a LED Smart TV  either vizio or samsung and most of them don't come with DVI or VGA to hook up to my computer. Now my question is if I was to use the HDMI to DVI will the picture quality be the same? I bought this Samsung TV and I had to get the HDMI to DVI adapter and the picture quality sucks and my nephew can't even play his PS3 on this TV and I return it and now I'm looking to buy another TV.

post #68 of 82 Old 01-27-2014, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 257
The 60-inch FH6200 also has a 3.5mm analog audio output jack to connect directly to any amplifier or receiver. Most of the other models do not have this at the lower price levels. That is one thing I definitely want.

As far as I can see from the specs and manual, there is NO digital audio out of any kind on the 60-inch FH6200, optical or otherwise. The 6300 and several other models have an optical audio output.

It has wi-fi, but I am not sure how "smart" it is. My main concern is that it will be able to replace my ROKU as far as allowing me to connect to Netflix with my wireless router.

The energy label on this one indicates (the 60" model) that it uses 151 KWH per year (based on the standard 5 hours per day usage) , compared to the 600 KWH my Mitsubishi 60" DLP now uses based on that usage and my actual wattage measurements, so at SC Edison rates I should save at least $100 per year on electricity. One thing that is a killer is that the Mitsubishi uses 30 watts when OFF.

I ordered it today ($1099 direct from Samsung) , so we will see how it works out. It seems like a good deal at that price. I looked at the Vizio 60", but all of the chat about audio sync problems scared me away from it.

You can see the complete listing of the specs on the Samsung website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

Best Buy carries the 60" FH6200. It's relatively new and I'd assume it's made for the holidays specifically. I have not seen one hooked up, but the pictures on the box reveal the same chassis that the FH6003 uses. Luckily the rear panel is pictured and unlike the 6003 the 6200 includes an optical audio output. It is smart, but the pictures on the box would indicate that it uses Samsung's older, 2012 version of Smart Hub, and there is no mention of a dual core processor anywhere on the box like you'll find on any 2013 model. So it's safe to assume that it's using last year's hardware and software. Better than nothing I guess.
post #69 of 82 Old 01-27-2014, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 257
The 60" FH6200 has no optical audio output.

It has only a 3.5mm analog stereo output to go to analog audio inputs on an amplifier or receiver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Use an optical cable.
post #70 of 82 Old 01-31-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreidt2002 View Post

Regarding warranties......don't forget that if you purchase with a visa, master card or amx you receive an extra year of warranty to the mfg's warranty. Many people are totally unaware of this. I use my amx gold card for larger electronics purchases and I get even more warranty benefits. Also some cc's will offer price guarantees...if you purchase an item and then see it cheaper some where else the cc will refund the diff usually up to $250!... so it pays to read cc member benefits more closely.
Let me know how you like the FH6200 55. I got one too and I am pleased....for $727 + tax it was a steal I say. The box said nothing about included full web browser with nice keyboard. I just plug in my mouse dongle and zip along...going to buy a wireless keyboard too. When I use the Dynamic Contrast feature in pic settings the pic just pops. I don't need a $1,500 tv there is not that much diff to warrant spending a lot more money...I am not a tv engineer to notice a big diff and neither is any one else on this site- maybe a few pretenders. You could buy two of these 6200's at that price. I saved the diff and will update other electronics around the house.

I recently just had my 3 1/2 year old Samsung plasma replaced through BestBuy's service plan. Keep in mind than the double warranty on the credit cards only applies to MFS limited warranty specs. Anyway.. thanks to that I got $1000 plus tax to put towards a new TV. It is only a second TV so I went with the 55" 6200 and a 4 year service plan for $1080 including tax and eco fees.

I agree with you.. this TV is great.. Netflix runs flawlessly, and with the Logitech mini keyboard/mouse combo it works great!!! I only need one HDMI as I am running through a HT receiver... I also prefer back lit, I sit right in front of the TV so viewing angles mean nothing. Also... I HATE edge lit, and have returned such TV's because you always see the light shining up from the corners during dark scenes... it is sooo annoying!
post #71 of 82 Old 03-11-2014, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Does this TV have a direct YouTube app?

While playing around with it I could not find an app to load from the Samsung apps tab.

Any info would be appreciated.

-Suntan
post #72 of 82 Old 04-23-2014, 06:07 PM

Not sure if this is the same TV that was being discussed here, but could someone tell me if this is a decent one. Also, I don't understand why not having processor is a big deal, so some help on that would be great too....Thanks!

http://www.costco.com/Samsung-55%22-Class-1080p-120Hz-Smart-LED-HDTV-UN55FH6200F.product.100104010.html
post #73 of 82 Old 04-30-2014, 06:46 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer View Post

Not sure if this is the same TV that was being discussed here, but could someone tell me if this is a decent one. Also, I don't understand why not having processor is a big deal, so some help on that would be great too....Thanks!

http://www.costco.com/Samsung-55%22-Class-1080p-120Hz-Smart-LED-HDTV-UN55FH6200F.product.100104010.html

I believe the Costco Samsung UN55FH6200F comes with a processor (single or dual core), just not the quad core processor that comes in the newer Samsung 55" 6300 that costs $370 more.
I'm also thinking of getting the UN55FH6200F model, just nor sure if it' worth the extra $120 & $150 more it costs over the JVC 55" & Vizio 55".

Yamaha RX-V671 receiver
Infinity Beta 5.1
Samsung UN55FH6200F (Costco) LCD TV
post #74 of 82 Old 05-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

I just picked this set up last night from Best Buy for $799. All the HDMI ports on my 3 year old 47" LG 3D died due to a lightning storm. My bad on that one as I forgot to install a surge protector on my wall...won't make that mistake again.

I really love the size as I've never owned a set this big before. I like the Smart Hub interface, but not Youtube app. All you can get is a "link to youtube" app which is basically a shortcut to Youtube through the web browser. It has all the other necessities though (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Vudu). I've been playing around with the picture settings which I'll post once I get it to my liking.
post #75 of 82 Old 05-02-2014, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer View Post

It's a decent set all in all you could do much worse . All digital TV's sets have one or more processors in them and or a central CPU .
that one likely has 2 or more processors in it and a small amount of ram or flash memory like all sets .
Some of the latest sets have multi core cpu (makes for faster channel browsing,boot times , more local cache and multi threading ) but likely in itself does nothing much for picture quality at least at 1080p .

OTOH Some of the 2014 W800 Sony's with AUO MVA panels and the pricier W850B sets are getting good reviews also.
The 850B is said has the best picture quality of anything remotely near it's price range that isn't plasma ☺

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #76 of 82 Old 05-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

I've been playing around with the picture settings for the past couple of days and there's not much to play around with in the way of contrast. I find the "Natural" setting to be the best in the way of inky blacks. Can someone post some good calibration settings for this set? My previous LG had a great picture and I do miss it, but hopefully I just haven't found the sweet spot with this set yet.
post #77 of 82 Old 05-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

The settings below make this tv sing! Thanks to SoapOperaEffect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapOperaEffect View Post

Don't use those settings! They are flawed in certain respects or under certain viewing conditions.  Try these, slightly different:

Mode: Movie

Backlight 19

Contrast 100

Brightness 55

Sharpness 55

Color 69

Tint R45

Dynamic Contrast Off

Black Tone Off

Flesh Tone 0

Color Space Native

White Balance

R-Offset 10

G-Offset 10

B-Offset 10

- The rest at default 25

Gamma -2.

Picture Options: Color Tone Standard, Auto Motion Plus - Custom (4 for Blur Reduction 5 Judder)

I've had the tv for over a month now and I don't play around with the settings anymore, and in fact when I go to any place, even wating rooms with a Samsung TV, I change the settings to the above with great results. 

I love my Samsung TV. And I like the Auto Motion Plus to how I like it. At 4, 5, the AMP closely mimiicks eyeball tracking and the way consciousness stabilizes images  so the viewing experience is quite life-like. Try it.
post #78 of 82 Old 05-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

I popped in The Dark Knight yesterday and for the first time I see what everyone is talking about with the DNR in the non-IMAX scenes. Because of this, I couldn't get good flesh tone settings. This is my first 55" inch and PQ defects are much more apparent. My other 2 sets are a 47" LG and an old 42" Panasonic plasma EDTV.
post #79 of 82 Old 05-15-2014, 12:33 PM

Been thinking of getting the 55" UN55FH6200F from Costco.
It looks like Costco will no longer carry the UN55FH6200F and there are only a few units left in stock.
Not sure if it has any worthwhile advantages over the cheaper JVC 55" and Vizio 55" monitors?

Yamaha RX-V671 receiver
Infinity Beta 5.1
post #80 of 82 Old 05-16-2014, 09:32 AM

Pickup the Samsung UN55FH6200F 55 TV yesterday at Costco, the picture quality is so freaking nice.

Yamaha RX-V671 receiver
Infinity Beta 5.1
post #81 of 82 Old 05-23-2014, 01:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Picked up this TV from walmart recently. Calibration settings recommended by SoapOperaEffect made the picture even better. Thanks!
post #82 of 82 Old 09-20-2014, 06:38 PM

keyboard & mice for LCD TV

Will most keyboards and mice work with the USB port or Bluetooth, with my Samsung UN55FH6200F LCD TV.
I'm checking out Logitech, but would look at other brands, depending what is more reliable.

Yamaha RX-V671 receiver
Infinity Beta 5.1
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60fh6200fxza 60 Inch Led Smart Hdtv
Gear in this thread