LG 55LN5100 Closest Comparison? BB Black Friday Deal $499 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 11-13-2013, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Best Buy is offering a special make LG 55" LED HDTV for Black Friday only. It is going to be available for $499 and "retails" for $999. The specs can be found here.

I am intrigued if only for the price of $499. We just moved into a new home and are in need of a TV in the 50" to 60" range so I am strongly considering getting this TV if it is as good of a deal as it appears to be. My major concern with any TV I get is how well it performs in bright room conditions. The room this TV will be in has 20' floor to ceiling windows to the left and a couple of 8' windows across from the TV.

What is the closest comparison for this model? Would it be the LG 55LN5400?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-15-2013, 06:50 AM

No response? This is a pretty big deal and is being hyped up on a bunch of sites.

I'm interested in this as well, as I need a good sized TV for my home gym, around 50", 1080p, around $500 or less, smart features, etc. 3D is irrelevant.

Also, are these guaranteed to be in stock, or are there going to be like 10 per store? I can't be arsed to mess around with that stuff.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-15-2013, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
More than likely this is a Bestbuy exclusive, a stripped down model made with who knows what.The regular prices are jacked up as usual with any Black Friday deal. They will have a very limited quantity maybe not even 10 per store. In my opinion these doorbuster deals are usually junk products priced about where they should be. They always have items made exclusively for Black Friday.

In this case good luck with the madness with everyone else wanting the same TV.
post #4 of 11 Old 11-15-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

In this case good luck with the madness with everyone else wanting the same TV.

It's not worth the hassle for the "doorbusters."
post #5 of 11 Old 11-20-2013, 06:49 AM

I would like to know if its a good buy as well..  BUT I do know that you don't have to go out to the stores to get it... Bestbuy's doorbusters (especially tvs) are always available online. I would start checking midnight Thanksgiving day .. you have to be swift... You can try putting it in you cart ahead of time so that you are able to skip a couple of steps during checkout.

post #6 of 11 Old 11-20-2013, 07:06 AM

I'm thinking I'm going to pass on this one. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles for this set, but I would like something with at least the basic smart features (Netflix, Amazon/Hulu).
post #7 of 11 Old 11-25-2013, 09:15 PM

If you are a best buy elite member you can get it for $499 with free home delivery now. I just ordered mine today. I plan on hooking up the ps4 in the game room with it. The ps4 is a blue ray player and also has apps like netflix. I have been shopping online for days looking at the deals for the week and I believe this is the best one going.
LED 120htz 1080p- can't find a tv this big with these stats for this price anywhere else.
Based on my best buy experience in years past I believe this tv will be available online at 6pm thanksgiving for non elite members. It will probably also include free home delivery. Of course this is only a guess.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-26-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post

Best Buy is offering a special make LG 55" LED HDTV for Black Friday only. It is going to be available for $499 and "retails" for $999. The specs can be found here.

I am intrigued if only for the price of $499. We just moved into a new home and are in need of a TV in the 50" to 60" range so I am strongly considering getting this TV if it is as good of a deal as it appears to be. My major concern with any TV I get is how well it performs in bright room conditions. The room this TV will be in has 20' floor to ceiling windows to the left and a couple of 8' windows across from the TV.

What is the closest comparison for this model? Would it be the LG 55LN5400?

I was at Best Buy last night picking up some items and I stopped to talk to one of the guys in home theater. He said that from what he knew of the TV that it was basically a stripped down 55LN5400. I at first thought it may be closer to the 55LN5200 model but as he pointed out that one is only 60hz. I grabbed one regardless. I can always return it.

Current Setup:
TV: Samsung PN51D550 | Receiver: Denon AVR-1613 | Fronts: Polk Monitor 65T | Rears: Polk Monitor 35B | Center: Polk Monitor 15c | Sub: Polk PSW-505

Using a hacked Expedit bookshelf from IKEA as my console.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-28-2013, 04:19 AM

This deal is live now online..
post #10 of 11 Old 12-01-2013, 08:31 AM

Just bought this TV as well. Will be eagerly awaiting some pro settings.
post #11 of 11 Old 12-02-2013, 02:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 376
I ordered one of these as well, albeit to slap on a wall in front of my treadmill. It's probably too big for that purpose, but it was cheap and I found no especially good deals on 46s (yes, yes, I know there were a couple of Samsungs, the deals didn't seem that special given what you were getting, though).

I won't take delivery for 9 days because I have a short trip somewhere in between and it seemed pointless to wind up with it only to not be able to get it mounted and such.

I'm hoping one of you will get it before me; I'm not sure I'm keeping it primarily because it just may be too stupidly large.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 55ln5400 55 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Share
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page