$4000. budget for led lcd- can I get a good full array 50 to 60 set - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-13-2013, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The title pretty much says it all. Budget $4000.
Can I get a good full array in the 50 to 60 range from sony, sharp, Panasonic or Samsung.
The reason for these names is I only have one store to pick from. I live in northern BC.
I do not need 3d but if its all in the package so be it.
If the full array is not important for an outstanding pic I would consider an edge unit.

We live on a remote ranch and the tv is used by many family members at different times. It is usually on for 14 hours a day. Our last tv a sony xbr lasted 5 years. I am going to make the 3 hour drive to talk over options with the store owner tomorrow.
Thanks for any insights. Henry

Henry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-13-2013, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ferris View Post

The title pretty much says it all. Budget $4000.
Can I get a good full array in the 50 to 60 range from sony, sharp, Panasonic or Samsung.
The reason for these names is I only have one store to pick from. I live in northern BC.
I do not need 3d but if its all in the package so be it.
If the full array is not important for an outstanding pic I would consider an edge unit.

We live on a remote ranch and the tv is used by many family members at different times. It is usually on for 14 hours a day. Our last tv a sony xbr lasted 5 years. I am going to make the 3 hour drive to talk over options with the store owner tomorrow.
Thanks for any insights. Henry

The last full array LCD Sony made was the XBRHX950, if you can find one. 2013 models are not full array. Panasonic, Sharp and samsung don't have any unless you go 80" or 90" Sharp Aquos or you get lucky and find a Sharp Elite. Full array will give you better picture quality. If you can't find one I would look into the new Sony KDL-55W900a it is Sony's 2nd top of the line. The top of the line Sony, is the 4K but it's over your budget.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 THX, Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's, Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52, Sub-Klipsch Sub 12, Surround - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360, HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,7 TB, Video Processor -Darbee

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2236715
post #3 of 5 Old 11-13-2013, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I agree with what the other posters mentioned; Try your best to get the Sony XBRHX950 either in 55" or 65" and you'll be getting essentially state-of-the-art performance as far as LCD screens are concerned according to the test report done by Home Theater Magazine in December 2012.
The reviewer gave the Sony XBRHX950 55" model a stellar review and even mentioned that side by side with a Panasonic plasma display in a darkened room the Sony exhibited better black level and low-level detail in dark grey scenes which became even more noticeable in bright, well lit room settings, a feat that is very/very unusual.
The review is available online.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-14-2013, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If you're interested we can get the XBR55HX950 for you
post #5 of 5 Old 11-16-2013, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The sony w900a is a good bet i have one. Great pic quality just be wary of uniformity. Some have dark edges on white back ground.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page