How does the Sharp Elite PRO-60X5FD compare versus todays TVs? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 19 Old 11-13-2013, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16

My local BB has an open box Elite for $1750, only missing a stand, notice this TV used to be $6k. It still has the 4 year warranty if I was to purchase it. I was planning on getting a Samsung 7100 in 65 inch on black friday but this Elite has me tempted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 135
I would buy it, if it comes with warranty for sure! It has one of the best blacks any LCD had ever produced and still is a reference panel compared to any LCD.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #3 of 19 Old 11-13-2013, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

even though it is a 2 year old model versus the Samsung which will probably come out to just a little more for 5 more inches and a new model?

post #4 of 19 Old 11-13-2013, 06:38 PM

Liked: 37
Yes the elite hands down smashes that Samsung one of the best LCD/led ever made just wall hang it dude lol
post #5 of 19 Old 11-13-2013, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Just saw the thread, anyone know how to check hours on this thing? Would like to use that to maybe get them down in price

post #6 of 19 Old 11-14-2013, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I have an Elite in the back of my Jeep right now :)

post #7 of 19 Old 11-15-2013, 04:28 AM

Good deal keep it
post #8 of 19 Old 11-15-2013, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

They gave me random brand new Sharp 3D glasses but I believe they have to be specific ones so I have to go back. I am also going to try and see if I can get them to come down on price a little bit.

post #9 of 19 Old 11-15-2013, 03:18 PM

Good luck with that they might seeing as how it was sold to you and yes on certain numbers work with the various sharp sets
post #10 of 19 Old 11-15-2013, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

I'd just threaten to return it, the receipt says it should only be missing a base so that is why they gave me a new remote and glasses,they just gave me the wrong ones, they were new off the shelf.
post #11 of 19 Old 11-16-2013, 05:29 AM

And the verdict?
post #12 of 19 Old 11-16-2013, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Haven't stopped by the best buy yet, will do that tomorrow, as far as the TV, right now it is sitting in the spare bedroom waiting for my place to be complete. I did hook up Chromecast to it to and played netflix but that obviously does not show the TVs true potential.

post #13 of 19 Old 11-18-2013, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Honestly I am still going back and forth in my head between the Elite and the 65 inch Samsung F7100. I realize the picture isn't going to be as great on the Samsung but an extra 5 inches plus still a really good picture on a brand new TV for the same price has me confused. I guess this isn't something anyone can really help me with but just gotta figure if I rather have a top of the line 2011 model that is still awesome compared to today's TVs or a pretty good 2013 model but bigger in size and brand new.

post #14 of 19 Old 11-18-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishDude View Post

Honestly I am still going back and forth in my head between the Elite and the 65 inch Samsung F7100. I realize the picture isn't going to be as great on the Samsung but an extra 5 inches plus still a really good picture on a brand new TV for the same price has me confused. I guess this isn't something anyone can really help me with but just gotta figure if I rather have a top of the line 2011 model that is still awesome compared to today's TVs or a pretty good 2013 model but bigger in size and brand new.

Sorry dude get the 70" version then lol if not that elite will kill that Samsung sorry it's a way better tv 5" can't cover it up a lot of people are looking for elites you walked into one so call yourself fortunate and keep it or get the 70" Version
post #15 of 19 Old 11-18-2013, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

I didn't get close to the deal you got on my new Elite (I payed a good amount more than you on a close out brand new one) and I can tell you there is nothing better out right now LED tv wise. No top of the line led tv looks better than the Elite. I think the Sony XBR 950 is close but not as good as the Elite (in my opinion). If my BB open box had been good I got awhile back, I would have kept it. No tv will be perfect but seriously the Elite is way ahead of the Samsung in my opinion. Even if the Samsung was a 70" set, I still would keep the Elite.

As the previous poster said, the only other option is to track down a 70" Elite but those are super rare smile.gif.
post #16 of 19 Old 11-18-2013, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I highly doubt I will find a 70 inch elite, let alone at anywhere close to the price I found this one. I am going to hook up a blueray player to it tonight to really see the picture tonight. I was set on the samsung this morning but now the more I think about it, I am now leaning towards keeping the Elite as I am sitting so close to the TV that I probably need the best picture available. Plus my second seating position of 24 feet away is pointless whether the TV is 60 or 65

post #17 of 19 Old 11-18-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Yeah I highly doubt I will find a 70 inch elite, let alone at anywhere close to the price I found this one. I am going to hook up a blueray player to it tonight to really see the picture tonight. I was set on the samsung this morning but now the more I think about it, I am now leaning towards keeping the Elite as I am sitting so close to the TV that I probably need the best picture available. Plus my second seating position of 24 feet away is pointless whether the TV is 60 or 65

That's where the godlike 90" and above are your friend
post #18 of 19 Old 11-18-2013, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

I feel I am almost trying to find a better TV however I just looked at the Samsung F8000 thread as you can pick one of those up for about $2k in 60 inch if you go unauthorized retailer but the pics of light bleeding out of the corners and blacks dont seem to compare to the elite. I have absolutely zero light bleeding, black is just plain ol black all around. Hopefully Best Buy replaces my glasses for me or gives me credit and I will just keep the Elite

post #19 of 19 Old 01-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I feel I am almost trying to find a better TV however I just looked at the Samsung F8000 thread as you can pick one of those up for about $2k in 60 inch if you go unauthorized retailer but the pics of light bleeding out of the corners and blacks dont seem to compare to the elite. I have absolutely zero light bleeding, black is just plain ol black all around. Hopefully Best Buy replaces my glasses for me or gives me credit and I will just keep the Elite

I went through a number of Samsung TVs. And was not satisfied with the picture quality. I finally ended up with a 60 inch Sharp elite and I never went back. This has the best picture hands down of any Samsung or other LCD's I have seen. The only one that comes close is the Samsung 8500 plasma.

Sharp Elite Pro 60

Pioneer Elite VSX-52 Receiver

Pioneer Elite  BDP-62FD BluRay

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Elite Pro 60x5fd 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page