**Official** Samsung 4K UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 1934 Old 12-31-2013, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have had my 659000 for a couple of weeks now. Suddenly when I turn on the set it goes into a "boot loop", get the SmartTV logo and then the 5 icons then it cycles power and does the same routine over and over. Have 3 tickets in with Samsung with no responses other than automated emails. Trying to get into Service menu, Mute 1 8 2 Power ( I assume these are hit in succession or simultaneously??) to no avail. Any ideas that might help from all you folks in the know? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1934 Old 12-31-2013, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Watched The Hobbit 3D last night and I have to say the F9000 handles 3D like kids play. I was very impressed at the PQ and ability to handle fast action sequences. Definitely no issues watching 3D for the straight 3 hours of the extended edition.

Edit: forgot to mention I used cnet settings while in 3D mode with backlight turned up to 10.

Bit by the upgrade bug, limited by the WAF
post #273 of 1934 Old 12-31-2013, 06:54 AM

yes.purchased a Monster Black Platinum series cable to the HDMI out port and the ARC port on the TV thinking that my cheap HDMI cable didn't have the bandwidth for 4K but still only getting 1080p for the highest resolution.thank you

uh5Q

post #274 of 1934 Old 12-31-2013, 06:58 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCChris View Post

I have had my 659000 for a couple of weeks now. Suddenly when I turn on the set it goes into a "boot loop", get the SmartTV logo and then the 5 icons then it cycles power and does the same routine over and over. Have 3 tickets in with Samsung with no responses other than automated emails. Trying to get into Service menu, Mute 1 8 2 Power ( I assume these are hit in succession or simultaneously??) to no avail. Any ideas that might help from all you folks in the know? Thanks in advance

If it will let you into menu, I would try "shutting off" the boot logo under system/general. May not help; but easy to try.
post #275 of 1934 Old 12-31-2013, 07:06 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjs2000 View Post

Just got my 65F9000 last night and had a couple questions for those that have been using it. This tv is replacing a 52" Samsung that was Samsung's best set....6-7 years ago! After setup, and basic connections to DirectTV and a blu-ray player I loaded the latest sw/firmware, and changed to the published cnet settings.

I have an Oppo 103D and was blown away by the level of detail and color in Avatar as well as any of the Disney/Pixar movies. Even 3D movies looked great and I've never been a fan of 3D in the theaters.

The bad news - I'm afraid that I may just have unrealistic expectations. The problem is that input sources other than blu-rays are a noticeable step BACK in image quality vs. the tv it's replacing. We switched to DirectTV from Comcast ahead of this and were pleased with the improvement in PQ on the old set. HD channels are mediocre on the new set and nothing is really crisp or sharp. It's definitely HD but it almost seems like the tv struggles with the up conversion. Sharpness is somewhat uneven across the image and there almost seems to be a subtle shift in what's in focus at any given moment.

Q's -
1. Has anyone made any changes to STB settings either on cable or satellite? Forcing resolution?

2. Are there any settings that effect up-conversion on the tv itself? I have picture size set to 16:9 to avoid any stretching to fill the screen - didn't see much else to change.

The interesting thing is when I stream video from my Synology through the Smartv video function it looks pretty good - definitely better than satellite. It really shouldn't since I use Handbrake to rip at no better than 1280x720 since that's what my Apple TV V2 seemed to work best with and it keeps the file sizes reasonable. This gives me some hope at least.

I might try swapping HDMI cables tonight, and I can run the DirectTV through the Oppo and see if it provides a better signal but I'm not sure it will make much difference. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

I would definitely try different cables. You definitely don't want dual upconversions if that is what you are thinking of with the Oppo.

I have a DirectTV HR24 and my 65 F9000 looks almost like blu ray on most of the DirectTV programming. No changes made to the HR24. I also use 16:9 on the F9000. My HR24 programming on the F9000 definitely looks better than it did through my Panasonic vt25 plasma after running it through a DVDO video processor to convert to 1080P (and I thought it was an outstanding picture).
post #276 of 1934 Old 12-31-2013, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post

I would definitely try different cables. You definitely don't want dual upconversions if that is what you are thinking of with the Oppo.

I have a DirectTV HR24 and my 65 F9000 looks almost like blu ray on most of the DirectTV programming. No changes made to the HR24. I also use 16:9 on the F9000. My HR24 programming on the F9000 definitely looks better than it did through my Panasonic vt25 plasma after running it through a DVDO video processor to convert to 1080P (and I thought it was an outstanding picture).

Thanks for the input. I have the DTV HR24 as well so I am hopeful I can mirror your results.
post #277 of 1934 Old 12-31-2013, 05:21 PM

Liked: 24
Hey guys. ..update...getting a 3rd 65f9000 On Saturday. ..i registered both of the 2 that have been delivered and returned ..mad flashlighting going on....so I will register that new one...see if I Get all the hard drives...so i may have a few to sell....Hopefully I will get them...When I do get them...i will let you know...hit me up with pm if interested..
post #278 of 1934 Old 12-31-2013, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnchopz34 View Post

Hey guys. ..update...getting a 3rd 65f9000 On Saturday. ..i registered both of the 2 that have been delivered and returned so I will register that new one...see if I Get all the hard drives...so i may have a few to sell....Hopefully I will get them...

Goes by serial number so you should. Then you can sell one to me!!! If you do then I can copy and sell the copies to other users

Samsung UHD 4K UN65F9000, Sharp LC46D64U,
Shaw HD PVR Gateway and Portals,
PS4 500gb launch edition,
Samsung BD-P3600, Sony BDP-S470,
Pioneer VSX-1026, Monster Power HDP 2550
Polk Audio 7.1- CS1, Monitor 70s, Monitor 60s, Monitor 40s, PSW505,
Blu-Ray collection- 572 and counting. See them here

post #279 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 AM

Anyone have an issue with the 1 connect going into a boot loop....cannot get into menu, service menu....nothing. just keeps flashing SmartTV followed by the 5 icons repeatedly. Is there a hard physical reset available?
post #280 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 11:22 AM

Hello, Happy New Year

Maybe someone can help me on this. I just purchased and installed the new Samsung UHD TV 65 inches. Model UN65F9000AF.
As you probably know Samsung now use a One Connect box external to the TV.

I am using a new AV Receiver Pioneer VSX 1123 K who does 4K pass-through and upscaling. My cable box and Apple TV are connected to the AV Receiver and only the AV Receiver is connected to the Samsung One Connect box.

Is it the optimal setup or shall I better connect my cable box and Apple TV directly to the OneConnect and use the AV Receiver as the sound system only.  Doing so would allow me to use the Samsung Universal Remote which seamlessly integrate all devices.  My only doubt is that I am not sure that the TV would upscale to 4K the HD content coming from the Apple TV or Cable box when the AV Receiver actually does a noticeable upscaling.

The TV is supposed to upscale HD signal to 4K as I can read online but Samsung customer service tells me no.

Appreciate any advise on the optimal setup.

Thank you
Michael
post #281 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpmikee View Post

Hello, Happy New Year

Maybe someone can help me on this. I just purchased and installed the new Samsung UHD TV 65 inches. Model UN65F9000AF.
As you probably know Samsung now use a One Connect box external to the TV.

I am using a new AV Receiver Pioneer VSX 1123 K who does 4K pass-through and upscaling. My cable box and Apple TV are connected to the AV Receiver and only the AV Receiver is connected to the Samsung One Connect box.

Is it the optimal setup or shall I better connect my cable box and Apple TV directly to the OneConnect and use the AV Receiver as the sound system only.  Doing so would allow me to use the Samsung Universal Remote which seamlessly integrate all devices.  My only doubt is that I am not sure that the TV would upscale to 4K the HD content coming from the Apple TV or Cable box when the AV Receiver actually does a noticeable upscaling.

The TV is supposed to upscale HD signal to 4K as I can read online but Samsung customer service tells me no.

Appreciate any advise on the optimal setup.

Thank you
Michael

You will just want to make sure you dont "double dip" on upscalers being applied I believe. The TV has its own upscaling, so I guess its your preference.

Bit by the upgrade bug, limited by the WAF
post #282 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 03:32 PM

Thank you but before I unplug and connect my cable box and Apple TV directly to the TV, how can I be sure it performs upscaling? No one seems to be able to know.

post #283 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 05:33 PM

Liked: 27
For all of you so eager to get your hands on the UHD drive, not so fast...

I finally got around to plugging mine in and was blown away for, 3/4 of the first video when the TV crashed. I had a black screen and the TV was on but wouldn't respond to remote commands. I had to unplug the TV to reset it.

After a power cycle, things were back to normal. I tried once again to watch the 4K content and ... BAMB ... tv crashed again.

So much for a 4K TV that can't play 4K content! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

The TV was functioning normally before I plugged in the UHD HDD USB and attempted to play the 4K content.

Anyone else have this problem?

post #284 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCChris View Post

Anyone have an issue with the 1 connect going into a boot loop....cannot get into menu, service menu....nothing. just keeps flashing SmartTV followed by the 5 icons repeatedly. Is there a hard physical reset available?

Have you tried leaving the set unplugged overnight?
post #285 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyjake View Post

I finally got around to plugging mine in and was blown away for, 3/4 of the first video when the TV crashed. I had a black screen and the TV was on but wouldn't respond to remote commands. I had to unplug the TV to reset it.

After a power cycle, things were back to normal. I tried once again to watch the 4K content and ... BAMB ... tv crashed again.

The TV was functioning normally before I plugged in the UHD HDD USB and attempted to play the 4K content.

Just out of curiosity, which USB did you plug into? I see one is a higher voltage on the one connect.

post #286 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post

Just out of curiosity, which USB did you plug into? I see one is a higher voltage on the one connect.

The USB port on the left marked HDD5V. The user manual specifies this USB port for use with a HDD.

post #287 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:

The USB port on the left marked HDD5V. The user manual specifies this USB port for use with a HDD.

Yep that's correct so that's not the cause then. I wish I had to drive to confirm the issue. Perhaps it's the drive itself that is bad

post #288 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 08:35 PM

Hi

That is interesting as I have had the same thing happen a couple of times with a cable set top box not a HDD being plugged in. Mine is the UN55F9000( bought on 23rd December). Every once in a while the TV simply freezes, any attempts to switch it off or do anything else with the remote control simply fails. You then have to unplug the tv completely and then its fine.

This does not happen when I am playing blu rays etc. What seems to happen is every once in a while the TV scaler seems to have difficulty with the signal being received from the cable set up box which is connected via HDMI. It is either the electrical signal being received via HDMI that is causing an issue or there are handshake issues. My STB box is connected on HDMI1.

If this continues I will have to call Samsung in as it is very frustrating getting a black screen and then no response from the TV at all.

Is yours a 55 inch or 65 inch ?

Thanks
post #289 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapota View Post

Hi

That is interesting as I have had the same thing happen a couple of times with a cable set top box not a HDD being plugged in. Mine is the UN55F9000( bought on 23rd December). Every once in a while the TV simply freezes, any attempts to switch it off or do anything else with the remote control simply fails. You then have to unplug the tv completely and then its fine.

This does not happen when I am playing blu rays etc. What seems to happen is every once in a while the TV scaler seems to have difficulty with the signal being received from the cable set up box which is connected via HDMI. It is either the electrical signal being received via HDMI that is causing an issue or there are handshake issues. My STB box is connected on HDMI1.

If this continues I will have to call Samsung in as it is very frustrating getting a black screen and then no response from the TV at all.

Is yours a 55 inch or 65 inch ?

Thanks

Man I have not knock on some wood. I have had ZERO issues with mine since I've owned it. Zero freezes, zero crashes, no issues with PQ or bad picture and no firmware update issues. To boot mines even on about 10 hours a day over the last 2 weeks, as I'm off for Xmas break.

post #290 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

I have had this problem but with using 4K content on a USB. After a while it was like the One Connect could not process the content correctly and got hung up. The TV was unresponsive for a bit but it came back on. I left it alone as when I tried to play the 4k content again I got sound but no picture. After a few days I tried again and it was fine. It seems the One Connect has issues with stitched together files to give us 4k. That is what the content on the HDD is as the One Connect cannot read native 4K through USB. It has to be broken up into 4 quadrants Of 1920x1080p to read it and has to be stitched together by the processor. There is another F9000 thread that explains this. What gets me is the USB that is supplied with the store demos' are playing all day with no issue. Maybe due to the fact that it is a special file or format they are using. I know I start having issues when I stop and start the content multiple times. I think the processor has a hard time keeping up when it is stitching those files together.
post #291 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 10:20 PM

I have a 65". Hopefully with the 2014 one connect upgrade, they will fix this issue. This is the only problem I've experienced so far with this tv.

post #292 of 1934 Old 01-01-2014, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Hi Mate it states in the manual that if the one connect usb port dosen't recoginise the contents on the stick try using the usb port directly located on the tv l think its behind the cover where the connect cable goes in
or somewhere around there.
post #293 of 1934 Old 01-02-2014, 05:52 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpmikee View Post

Thank you but before I unplug and connect my cable box and Apple TV directly to the TV, how can I be sure it performs upscaling? No one seems to be able to know.

Natural resolution of the TV is 4k (if I remember correctly that is 3840x2160 pixels). It is has a fixed number of pixels and is incapable of showing anything else. Bottom line: If you've fed it a lesser resolution and you have a picture; it has upconverted!
post #294 of 1934 Old 01-02-2014, 08:31 AM

i have a problem after update 205 on my un55f9000 or that s what i think. ok the problem is when i power on the red light on the bottonn  of the panel flashes 5 times but it start normally and i can use my tv normal . reading in other sites talk about dont tuening on but in my case it flashes and power on normally. i wnat to know if one of you happend the same think or the red light sensor doesnt flashes on yours tv.

thanks you all.

post #295 of 1934 Old 01-02-2014, 11:39 AM

Thu
Quote:

Natural resolution of the TV is 4k (if I remember correctly that is 3840x2160 pixels). It is has a fixed number of pixels and is incapable of showing anything else. Bottom line: If you've fed it a lesser resolution and you have a picture; it has upconverted!

This is correct. The pixel density is different than a 1080p tv.

post #296 of 1934 Old 01-02-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo2627 View Post

i have a problem after update 205 on my un55f9000 or that s what i think. ok the problem is when i power on the red light on the bottonn  of the panel flashes 5 times but it start normally and i can use my tv normal . reading in other sites talk about dont tuening on but in my case it flashes and power on normally. i wnat to know if one of you happend the same think or the red light sensor doesnt flashes on yours tv.

thanks you all.

Mine does not flash

post #297 of 1934 Old 01-02-2014, 12:34 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:

thanks you all.

Mine definitely doesn't flash. Personally, if it did, I would call Samsung support and ask them "what's going on". It's not a good sign.
post #298 of 1934 Old 01-02-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:

Mine definitely doesn't flash. Personally, if it did, I would call Samsung support and ask them "what's going on". It's not a good sign.

i call samsung and they say to me thats normal do you update your fimrware ?

post #299 of 1934 Old 01-02-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:

Mine does not flash

do you update to fimware 205 via wifi?

post #300 of 1934 Old 01-02-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:

do you update to fimware 205 via wifi?

Yep sure did

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55f9000 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65f9000 65 Inch 4k Ultra Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page