**Official** Samsung 4K UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Thread - Page 37 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1081 of 1971 Old 03-31-2014, 07:50 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV View Post

I suggest you learn to read more... tongue.gif

From Sony's March 17, 2014 press release:

The Facts about Sony® 4K Ultra HD televisions and 4K streaming content:

Since all 2013 Sony 4K Ultra HD TVs are already equipped with HDMI® 2.0 and the latest copy protection (HDCP 2.2), Sony will be offering a solution this summer to support the latest high efficiency video coding (HEVC) video compression format that will be used in the upcoming Netflix® 4K streaming service and other sources. More details will be available soon.

Samsung, and many experts, have said that processing the h.265 stream requires significantly more processing power. The Samsung 2014 sets and the new upgraded one connect box have processors with double the power that was available on the F9000. That isn't going to be resolved for Sony with a firmware upgrade. Only way would be to send a tech out to the home with a new replacement module (and I believe I've read rumors that this is Sony's solution). I'm glad I won't be paying for that evolution.

I hope I'm wrong and that all Sony UHD owners have an easy upgrade. But, there must be a reason that basically every reviewer said Samsung had the only sure upgrade path.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1971 Old 03-31-2014, 08:03 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just checked...

LG's new 4K TVs have 240 Hz...

Which seems odd - why would LG have 240 Hz and the two big guys, Samsung and Sony, only have 120 Hz for their new 4K TVs...

confused.gif

Samsung advertises a Clear Motion Rate instead of refresh rate. It sort of muddies the water. However, see the below chart contained in the CNET review of the F9000:

Key TV features
Display technology LCD LED backlight Edge-lit with local dimming
Screen finish Glossy Remotes Touch pad and standard
Smart TV Yes Internet connection Built-in Wi-Fi
3D technology Active 3D glasses included 4 pair
Refresh rate(s) 240Hz Dejudder (smooth) processing Yes
DLNA-compliant Photo/Music/Video USB Photo/music/video

Bottom line: The Samsung F9000 is 240Hz. Many other reviewers say the same thing. "Google" Samsung F9000 refresh rate and find numerous examples (including Crutchfield).
post #1083 of 1971 Old 03-31-2014, 08:08 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NazPattison View Post

Is anyone else finding the F9000 Netflix app not working? Whenever I boot the app it just dumps me back to the TV's last selected source. Won't even try to load Netflix.

I've got the latest Samsung 2007 firmware but my Netflix says it hasn't been updated since Oct 2013. Also when I go into the Samsung app marketplace and select the Netflix page the option to uninstall it isn't selectable.

It's not a big problem now because I have several other devices plugged into the TV with Netflix but it'll be a massive pain if the issue persists when I get the one connect box to use 4k Netflix.

The new one connect box will include new applications (it includes a new processor and new memory) including the Netflix app for 4K; or it will be downloaded later. No way will the current Netflix app on our F9000's handle 4k, with or without a new one connect box.

I had problems back in January signing into Netflix but I got a problem message (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1500304/official-samsung-4k-un55f9000-un65f9000-and-un85s9-thread/390#post_24180533). Doesn't sound like you have the same problem. Mine was resolved by Netflix fixing the interface.
post #1084 of 1971 Old 03-31-2014, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Does anyone know the part number for the longer one connect cable or have a link? I think it's about 30 feet long. I can't find it on Samsung's site or through Google.
post #1085 of 1971 Old 03-31-2014, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post

The new one connect box will include new applications (it includes a new processor and new memory) including the Netflix app for 4K; or it will be downloaded later. No way will the current Netflix app on our F9000's handle 4k, with or without a new one connect box.

I had problems back in January signing into Netflix but I got a problem message (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1500304/official-samsung-4k-un55f9000-un65f9000-and-un85s9-thread/390#post_24180533). Doesn't sound like you have the same problem. Mine was resolved by Netflix fixing the interface.

Why do you say that the F9000 can't handle the new 4k Netflix app? It's an app! The F9000 is more than capable of running apps and displaying 4k video... what gives?

post #1086 of 1971 Old 03-31-2014, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:

Samsung advertises a Clear Motion Rate instead of refresh rate. It sort of muddies the water. However, see the below chart contained in the CNET review of the F9000:

Key TV features
Display technology LCD LED backlight Edge-lit with local dimming
Screen finish Glossy Remotes Touch pad and standard
Smart TV Yes Internet connection Built-in Wi-Fi
3D technology Active 3D glasses included 4 pair
Refresh rate(s) 240Hz Dejudder (smooth) processing Yes
DLNA-compliant Photo/Music/Video USB Photo/music/video

Bottom line: The Samsung F9000 is 240Hz. Many other reviewers say the same thing. "Google" Samsung F9000 refresh rate and find numerous examples (including Crutchfield).

LOL, just because someone other than Samsung states it is 240Hz - does not make it 240Hz...

Best Buy Magnolia and Amazon state it is 120Hz...

And if the F9000 is 240Hz and it is worse at dealing with motion than the Sony at 120Hz - then the F9000 really has a problem...

I, however, would like to get a definitive answer...

post #1087 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 05:31 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyjake View Post

Why do you say that the F9000 can't handle the new 4k Netflix app? It's an app! The F9000 is more than capable of running apps and displaying 4k video... what gives?

The future Netflix 4K video will require h.265 decoding (new encryption scheme that is twice as efficient as what is currently used) and HDCP 2.2 (copy protection required by the studios for UHD). The current F9000 has neither. Both will be provided by the new one connect box.
post #1088 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

The future Netflix 4K video will require h.265 decoding (new encryption scheme that is twice as efficient as what is currently used) and HDCP 2.2 (copy protection required by the studios for UHD). The current F9000 has neither. Both will be provided by the new one connect box.
yes and stats released for the new one connect box for the f9000 will be about 100% more powerful cpu.
post #1089 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 06:21 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LOL, just because someone other than Samsung states it is 240Hz - does not make it 240Hz...

Best Buy Magnolia and Amazon state it is 120Hz...

And if the F9000 is 240Hz and it is worse at dealing with motion than the Sony at 120Hz - then the F9000 really has a problem...

I, however, would like to get a definitive answer...

Best Buy Magnolia (or at least some guy selling TV's who was selling furniture last month) and Amazon (which sells 50 zillion different products including baby rattles) say it is 120Hz. CNET's Editor ("David Katzmaier has reviewed TVs at CNET since 2002. He is an ISF certified, NIST trained calibrator and developed CNET's TV test procedure himself. Previously David wrote reviews and features for Sound & Vision magazine and eTown.com") says it's 240hz. Who do you believe? Who has the test equipment to verify the actual refresh rate?

Samsung won't provide refresh rates. They use Clear Motion Rate. For the F9000 they say "1200 is the ultimate level of motion-clarity for Samsung LED TVs. LED TVs with this CMR can display action-packed movement with superior sharpness, clarity and contrast. Clear Motion Rate was developed to accurately measure how well an LCD or LED TV can depict fast-moving images. Previously, motion-clarity was calculated by the frame refresh rate alone. But CMR offers a more complete measure by calculating 3 factors: frame refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology".

You say "And if the F9000 is 240Hz and it is worse at dealing with motion than the Sony at 120Hz - then the F9000 really has a problem..." I say "and if the F9000 blows up when we turn it on-then the F9000 has a problem". Katzmaier in his CNET review says the following: "The F9000 is capable of delivering true 1080p24 film cadence , as expected from any TV at this level. Unlike most other such LED LCD TVs, however, it can also deliver full motion resolution -- 1,200 lines according to our test -- at the same time. In other words, you don't have to engage the oversmooth Soap Opera Effect (SOE) to get optimum motion resolution . On the other TVs, no mode offers true film cadence with zero smoothing and full-motion resolution. The Sony's Cinema Smooth: Clear mode comes closest, with the same excellent motion resolution score, but it has a touch of smoothing. The same goes for Motion smoother: weak on the WT600, although at 900 lines, its motion resolution score is a bit worse than on the other two. Granted the differences are slight, and both of those competitors come close to the F9000's ideal, but neither quite matches it."

There is no doubt any LED TV can have more motion issues than a CRT or Plasma due to the technology. However, if properly setup, the Samsung F9000 does an excellent job. I watch lots of sports and never notice any issues. With double the processing power in the upgraded one connect box, the F9000 will have an even higher "Clear Motion Rate".

Do you own a F9000 and have actual experience with the set? Or are you reading the thread to get info? If you are just looking for info, I'm surprised that you seem to be concentrating on "bad mouthing the set". Suggest you leave that function to those with actual substantial "hands on" experience.
wase4711 and Joneszilla like this.
post #1090 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

Is anyone else finding the F9000 Netflix app not working? Whenever I boot the app it just dumps me back to the TV's last selected source. Won't even try to load Netflix.

I've got the latest Samsung 2007 firmware but my Netflix says it hasn't been updated since Oct 2013. Also when I go into the Samsung app marketplace and select the Netflix page the option to uninstall it isn't selectable.

It's not a big problem now because I have several other devices plugged into the TV with Netflix but it'll be a massive pain if the issue persists when I get the one connect box to use 4k Netflix.
I have exactly the same problem, but I thought it was because I had a European TV. You are in US? I have seen forum posts that the issue was resolved by Samsung Remote Management, but this is not available where I live. It would be great if you could contact Samsung and ask them to fix it. You should be able to see on your TV screen what exactly they change in service menu to fix this issue.

Netflix update date is wrong. You should have the new v4.005, at least that's the version I started having this problem.

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-2500U/ZG (European firmware v1141.6)
post #1091 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Best Buy Magnolia (or at least some guy selling TV's who was selling furniture last month) and Amazon (which sells 50 zillion different products including baby rattles) say it is 120Hz. CNET's Editor ("David Katzmaier has reviewed TVs at CNET since 2002. He is an ISF certified, NIST trained calibrator and developed CNET's TV test procedure himself. Previously David wrote reviews and features for Sound & Vision magazine and eTown.com") says it's 240hz. Who do you believe? Who has the test equipment to verify the actual refresh rate?

Samsung won't provide refresh rates. They use Clear Motion Rate. For the F9000 they say "1200 is the ultimate level of motion-clarity for Samsung LED TVs. LED TVs with this CMR can display action-packed movement with superior sharpness, clarity and contrast. Clear Motion Rate was developed to accurately measure how well an LCD or LED TV can depict fast-moving images. Previously, motion-clarity was calculated by the frame refresh rate alone. But CMR offers a more complete measure by calculating 3 factors: frame refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology".

You say "And if the F9000 is 240Hz and it is worse at dealing with motion than the Sony at 120Hz - then the F9000 really has a problem..." I say "and if the F9000 blows up when we turn it on-then the F9000 has a problem". Katzmaier in his CNET review says the following: "The F9000 is capable of delivering true 1080p24 film cadence , as expected from any TV at this level. Unlike most other such LED LCD TVs, however, it can also deliver full motion resolution -- 1,200 lines according to our test -- at the same time. In other words, you don't have to engage the oversmooth Soap Opera Effect (SOE) to get optimum motion resolution . On the other TVs, no mode offers true film cadence with zero smoothing and full-motion resolution. The Sony's Cinema Smooth: Clear mode comes closest, with the same excellent motion resolution score, but it has a touch of smoothing. The same goes for Motion smoother: weak on the WT600, although at 900 lines, its motion resolution score is a bit worse than on the other two. Granted the differences are slight, and both of those competitors come close to the F9000's ideal, but neither quite matches it."

There is no doubt any LED TV can have more motion issues than a CRT or Plasma due to the technology. However, if properly setup, the Samsung F9000 does an excellent job. I watch lots of sports and never notice any issues. With double the processing power in the upgraded one connect box, the F9000 will have an even higher "Clear Motion Rate".

Do you own a F9000 and have actual experience with the set? Or are you reading the thread to get info? If you are just looking for info, I'm surprised that you seem to be concentrating on "bad mouthing the set". Suggest you leave that function to those with actual substantial "hands on" experience.

You can always tell when someone is losing an argument - they call facts - "badmouthing"...

Like I have stated in this thread when I started posting in it - I am trying to decide between the F9000/HU9000 and the Sony X900A/B.

I love the way the Sony physically looks and sounds - but I love the idea of the Samsung Evolution Kit and bar charges.

So, all other things being equal - it comes down to picture and performance.

I would love the F9000 to be 240Hz - but from what I have been told, and according to other reputable sources - it is only 120Hz - who do you believe?

And I am of the thinking that if the F9000 was 240Hz - Samsung would be touting it as a selling point - it is not - Samsung won't even tell you what it is - for some "odd" reason.

post #1092 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 08:16 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would love the F9000 to be 240Hz - but from what I have been told, and according to other reputable sources - it is only 120Hz - who do you believe?

And I am of the thinking that if the F9000 was 240Hz - Samsung would be touting it as a selling point - it is not - Samsung won't even tell you what it is - for some "odd" reason.

So far, the only "reputable source" you've mentioned who "told" you something was one or more salesmen. If you consider them reputable sources, good luck. Oh by the way, I have this bridge in Brooklyn .......

Samsung no longer provides refresh rates because they have what they consider a better measurement. They say refresh rates are only a part of what provides good motion resolution. Refresh rate by itself is not a valid measurement. I don't know if that is correct but it seems reasonable that processing power is also a part of motion resolution. I merely know that my F9000 has excellent motion resolution (whatever the refresh rate). What's you extensive "hands on"?

Believe what you want to believe. Buy what you want to buy. By now, everyone knows that you think the Samsung is 120hz; so I guess we can close this subject.
wase4711 likes this.
post #1093 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So far, the only "reputable source" you've mentioned who "told" you something was one or more salesmen. If you consider them reputable sources, good luck. Oh by the way, I have this bridge in Brooklyn .......

Samsung no longer provides refresh rates because they have what they consider a better measurement. They say refresh rates are only a part of what provides good motion resolution. Refresh rate by itself is not a valid measurement. I don't know if that is correct but it seems reasonable that processing power is also a part of motion resolution. I merely know that my F9000 has excellent motion resolution (whatever the refresh rate). What's you extensive "hands on"?

Believe what you want to believe. Buy what you want to buy. By now, everyone knows that you think the Samsung is 120hz; so I guess we can close this subject.

It has nothing to do with any salesman - yes the "salesman" told me the F9000 was 120Hz...

It is also on Best Buy and Magnolia's website - listed at 120Hz...

It is also on Amazon's website - listed at 120Hz...

I have a support email into Samsung with this exact question - I will let you know what they have to say when/if I get a response.

post #1094 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 09:11 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It has nothing to do with any salesman - yes the "salesman" told me the F9000 was 120Hz...

I have a support email into Samsung with this exact question - I will let you know what they have to say when/if I get a response.

Best Buy, Amazon, and Magnolia sell TVs. CNET has an electronics lab and gets paid to test them.

Following discusses various TVs and how they measure motion resolution and/or fake refresh rates, including Samsung's CMR. It ends with saying that CNET will provide the actual refresh rate for all TVs that it tests. Their test of the Samsung F9000 says it's 240hz.
http://www.cnet.com/news/fake-refresh-rates-is-your-tv-really-120hz/

That's good enough for me until a more authoritative/unbiased source provides other info.
post #1095 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

HDTVAV,

From what I know from when I bought my F9000 6 months ago, Samsung stated that 1080P viewing was 240Hz, and 4K viewing was 120HZ. Don't get these confused with FPS as that is a different beast. Although the box says it has a CMR of 1200, the actual is the 240HZ and 120HZ.
post #1096 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

This was posted on pg. 19, post #556. Before you make the changes I would write down your IP settings should the changes not work you can go back and re-enter the original settings.

"Update to my earlier post about firmware ver. 2006 including a new Netflix app that doesn't work correctly.

I did a "chat" with Samsung and their following input fixed the problem:
"Go the Menu (Press Menu botton the the TV remove control)---network---network status---IP settings---Manual; change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 and see if the issue persists. The DNS change will by pass the IP settings on the TV."

Unfortunately, I forgot to write down the original IP settings. If anyone could check theirs and post it, I would like to have the original for reference. Of course, someone may know more than me and say they are all different. If so, that's good too!"

Also I remember seeing a banner going across the top of my screen about 2 weeks ago, something to do with the app store or apps not being available or something like that towards the end of March (don't really use apps so I didn't pay too much attention to it), maybe this has something to do with it? Others may know more information about it and chime in.
post #1097 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteel View Post

HDTVAV,

From what I know from when I bought my F9000 6 months ago, Samsung stated that 1080P viewing was 240Hz, and 4K viewing was 120HZ. Don't get these confused with FPS as that is a different beast. Although the box says it has a CMR of 1200, the actual is the 240HZ and 120HZ.

I guess I am confused - everything on a 4K TV is shown in 4K...

A 4K TV won't display a 1080P image - it has to upscale it to 4K...

And I don't think there are two different processors in this TV...

:confused:

post #1098 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 10:42 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee2cu View Post

This was posted on pg. 19, post #556. Before you make the changes I would write down your IP settings should the changes not work you can go back and re-enter the original settings.

"Update to my earlier post about firmware ver. 2006 including a new Netflix app that doesn't work correctly.

"Go the Menu (Press Menu botton the the TV remove control)---network---network status---IP settings---Manual; change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 and see if the issue persists. The DNS change will by pass the IP settings on the TV."

Unfortunately, I forgot to write down the original IP settings. If anyone could check theirs and post it, I would like to have the original for reference. Of course, someone may know more than me and say they are all different. If so, that's good too!"

Also I remember seeing a banner going across the top of my screen about 2 weeks ago, something to do with the app store or apps not being available or something like that towards the end of March (don't really use apps so I didn't pay too much attention to it), maybe this has something to do with it? Others may know more information about it and chime in.

I went through the above DNS change after talking to Samsung sometime in January. I also forgot to write down my original DNS. I went to the same Samsung menu screen where I input the new DNS, and there's a button on the bottom that's labeled "IP settings". If you select this button it has an option to automatically reset your connection (like when the TV was new) and will use your original DNS. If I remember correctly (always a challenge since I'm 70) the original DNS then worked. Anyway, I would try it. You should at least get the original back and can try it again. If it doesn't work, go back to one of the new ones provided by Samsung.

Hope this helps. The Store app issue is something else. Probably getting ready for apps for the new models.
post #1099 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 11:02 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess I am confused - everything on a 4K TV is shown in 4K...

A 4K TV won't display a 1080P image - it has to upscale it to 4K...

And I don't think there are two different processors in this TV...

confused.gif

We're together on this one. Definitely only one processor. When discussing 1080p vs 4K viewing, he may be referring to the input. However, even that doesn't make a lot of sense since we can also input 480 i/p, 720p, or 1080i. Don't doubt that someone at Samsung told JSteel his info; although I can't help but be leery of "Samsung told me". I've had customer service people tell me all kinds of "crap". By the way, at that time they were officially releasing nothing but CMR numbers.

Adding to my prior remarks on CNET actual testing showing 240hz. Crutchfield sells but also has an electronics lab that tests/reviews products. They label the F9000 as "•Clear Motion Rate 1200 blur reduction (240Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning)". If you remember the CNET article on false refresh rates, the Samsung 120hz had a CMR of 240. The huge CMR jump for the F9000 comes from the increased refresh rate, much larger processor, and control of lighting)

So I have two actual testing labs saying 240hz. From what I've seen, the others saying 120hz just write ads, they don't test.
post #1100 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee2cu View Post

There is no need to write down the original DNS IP. If you want the original IP, then this is provided by your router if you change the DNS Settings from Enter manually to Get automatically.

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are Google DNS servers and i have tried these, but this does not resolve the Netflix v4.005 not loading problem for me.

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-2500U/ZG (European firmware v1141.6)
post #1101 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

We're together on this one. Definitely only one processor. When discussing 1080p vs 4K viewing, he may be referring to the input. However, even that doesn't make a lot of sense since we can also input 480 i/p, 720p, or 1080i. Don't doubt that someone at Samsung told JSteel his info; although I can't help but be leery of "Samsung told me". I've had customer service people tell me all kinds of "crap". By the way, at that time they were officially releasing nothing but CMR numbers.

Adding to my prior remarks on CNET actual testing showing 240hz. Crutchfield sells but also has an electronics lab that tests/reviews products. They label the F9000 as "•Clear Motion Rate 1200 blur reduction (240Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning)". If you remember the CNET article on false refresh rates, the Samsung 120hz had a CMR of 240. The huge CMR jump for the F9000 comes from the increased refresh rate, much larger processor, and control of lighting)

So I have two actual testing labs saying 240hz. From what I've seen, the others saying 120hz just write ads, they don't test.

And that is exactly what I saw. The TV states it is a 120HZ 4K TV with a Clear Motion Rate of 1200(240HZ refresh with Backlighting). So this is what I understood but I always believed the TV only operated at the 120 HZ posted as this TV's motion is not as smooth as a 240hz TV. I have had the F8000 and motion was way better.
post #1102 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 01:18 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteel View Post

And that is exactly what I saw. The TV states it is a 120HZ 4K TV with a Clear Motion Rate of 1200(240HZ refresh with Backlighting). So this is what I understood but I always believed the TV only operated at the 120 HZ posted as this TV's motion is not as smooth as a 240hz TV. I have had the F8000 and motion was way better.

http://www.samsung.com/us/download/2013_LED_Comparison_Grid_v7.pdf shows both F8000 and F9000 CMR as 1200. Have you setup the F9000 with cnet's recommendations for Auto Motion Plus (blur reduction:10, Judder reduction:0, and LED Clear Motion:Off)? I'm using their recommended settings and see no motion issues.

Oh, where/how does the "TV states it is a 120HZ 4K TV"?
post #1103 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

http://www.samsung.com/us/download/2013_LED_Comparison_Grid_v7.pdf shows both F8000 and F9000 CMR as 1200. Have you setup the F9000 with cnet's recommendations for Auto Motion Plus (blur reduction:10, Judder reduction:0, and LED Clear Motion:Off)? I'm using their recommended settings and see no motion issues.

Alright, we yield, lol...

You are like a rabid dog! :eek:

Like you pointed out previously, there are more things that go into motion-flow these days than just the amount of Hz...

So, everyone enjoy your TV!

post #1104 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 04:31 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Alright, we yield, lol...

You are like a rabid dog! eek.gif

Like you pointed out previously, there are more things that go into motion-flow these days than just the amount of Hz...

So, everyone enjoy your TV!

Thanks for the "magnanimous" yield. :-) Sorry if I was a "pain in the ass".

However, like your insinuated, we've been discussing the wrong thing. We've been concerned about the process (120hz vs 240hz) when the real issue is what's the result (i.e., does it resolve motion issues).

As CNET said, and I posted earlier:
The F9000 is capable of delivering true 1080p24 film cadence , as expected from any TV at this level. Unlike most other such LED LCD TVs, however, it can also deliver full motion resolution -- 1,200 lines according to our test -- at the same time. In other words, you don't have to engage the oversmooth Soap Opera Effect (SOE) to get optimum motion resolution .

On the other TVs, no mode offers true film cadence with zero smoothing and full-motion resolution. The Sony's Cinema Smooth: Clear mode comes closest, with the same excellent motion resolution score, but it has a touch of smoothing. The same goes for Motion smoother: weak on the WT600, although at 900 lines, its motion resolution score is a bit worse than on the other two. Granted the differences are slight, and both of those competitors come close to the F9000's ideal, but neither quite matches it.
post #1105 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Re Netflix not working. Thanks for the help Rlb and Wookie will try those DNS settings.

I suspect I'll be in the same boat as Poisike since I'm in Australia using a DNS supplied by Getflix to access Netflix.

Netflix works fine on all of the other devices I have though so the Samsung app quirk is odd.
post #1106 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I have used CNET's setting since I have had the TV. I still have some judder on certain scenes that pan a certain way or objects move a certain way. It is best seen when watching "Let Me Explain" by Kevin Hart when the plane is being shown coming in for a landing. I tried multiple settings and it did not help. I am use to using the Clear setting in AMP on Samsung TV's as I have had all from the B8000 up to the F9000. I sold my D8000 to my fiancé's dad and it still is an amazing TV. I cannot use Clear on this TV with some serious motion issues. It sucks, but I hope the increased processing power of the new One Connect helps this.

As for where the TV says "120hz", it does not. It is displayed at Best Buy and other Authorized Dealers. I would not thing Samsung would allow them to post false information since they help set them up in these stores now would they ????confused.gif It is all in what they want to tell us. I just enjoy the TV for what it is and leave it as it is. Since the One Connect is changeable, those numbers could always possibly change. Who knows at this point!
post #1107 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Let me get this straight.... UN65F9000 TV that is advertised by samsung as 4K---is NOT HDCP 2.2, or HDMI 2.0???? Really??? But i MAY be when and if their new connect box comes out????

BTW, wrote samsung about this a few weeks ago, wrote back saying basically their 8000 series is 240, and their 9000 in 120. I dont get it.
post #1108 of 1971 Old 04-01-2014, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pemarsh View Post

Let me get this straight.... UN65F9000 TV that is advertised by samsung as 4K---is NOT HDCP 2.2, or HDMI 2.0???? Really??? But i MAY be when and if their new connect box comes out????

BTW, wrote samsung about this a few weeks ago, wrote back saying basically their 8000 series is 240, and their 9000 in 120. I dont get it.

Really...?

post #1109 of 1971 Old 04-02-2014, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32
When I get the new 2014 one connect box for my F9000 do I have to redo all my settings or are the settings stored in the TV, and not the one connect box?
post #1110 of 1971 Old 04-02-2014, 06:32 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atodzia View Post

When I get the new 2014 one connect box for my F9000 do I have to redo all my settings or are the settings stored in the TV, and not the one connect box?

Everything I've read says memory is in the one connect box. I'm 99% sure that you will therefore have to reenter your settings. Plus, you will probably have to go through the entire setup process as if it were a new display just coming out of the box.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55f9000 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65f9000 65 Inch 4k Ultra Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un55f9000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page