**Official** Samsung 4K UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Thread - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1621 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 02:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Here is the hard drive information for the movies from Samsung.

It appears to be just a 500GB USB 3.0 drive.

Just incase anyone is interested.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung HDD.png
Views:	27
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	110305  

Last edited by almagueram; 06-12-2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Fixed img link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by almagueram View Post
Just incase anyone is interested.
Cheers for sharing, can you also check what file types and CODEC used for the files, do they look, wow-fantastic?
post #1623 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Anyone have issues with their F9000 tv randomly restarting?

I've had my tv shutoff/restart at least once a day now.
post #1624 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I started having issues while accessing the main settings menu. It would freeze and would cause the TV to suddenly to shut off. It is also flickering off and on quickly while changing sources and intermittently throughout use. Anything like this happen to current owners?
post #1625 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 06:53 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangnas View Post
Anyone have issues with their F9000 tv randomly restarting?

I've had my tv shutoff/restart at least once a day now.

Around a month ago, mine did it 2-3 times in a couple days period. None since.

If mine starts up again, definitely if as frequently as yours, I would call Samsung for warranty issue. Believe I've read where the tech can access a "trouble log" to identify the issue. Definitely want the issue resolved now; not after the warranty expires.
post #1626 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
Around a month ago, mine did it 2-3 times in a couple days period. None since.

If mine starts up again, definitely if as frequently as yours, I would call Samsung for warranty issue. Believe I've read where the tech can access a "trouble log" to identify the issue. Definitely want the issue resolved now; not after the warranty expires.
Did you do anything, or did it just fix itself on its own?

I am planning on calling Samsung, just gotta wait till i get home and dig up the proof of purchase.
post #1627 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 08:24 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangnas View Post
Did you do anything, or did it just fix itself on its own?

It just stopped. Hopefully for good!
post #1628 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRWRX View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by sikclown

Nope, no 3D yet, if ever. It's hardware is more than capable for it but Sony seem to be less than interested in making the PS4 much more than a game system. They may add it along with DLNA and some other useful missing features from the PS3 but I am not holding my breathe and waiting. I have a PS4 and it is a good Bluray player, no remote yet though.

edit: I take that back, you can control the PS4 through the PS App on Play Store and iTunes

Thanks for that tip! I just downloaded the app - I will try it out tonight when I get home!
I tried the PS app with the PS4 last night. It was a dissappointment. I got everything connected easily, but the only thing you can do with the app is navigate the home screen and start a movie. Once the movie starts there is no control for play/pause or FF/RW. Basically you only have the D-pad, the PS and Options buttons. There is no X,O,Square, Triangle or top bumpers. So it will not work to control a movie. I'm not really sure what the point of the app is. So back to the DS4 controller...
post #1629 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My experience is similar to rlb...mine would occassionaly shut off when adjusting the volume on the TV. It happened a couple times about a month ago, but then it hasn't done it since. I'm not sure if an update fixed it (mine updates automatically so I don't check it), or if it fixed itself. Hopefully it won't happen again!
post #1630 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisoftus View Post
Cheers for sharing, can you also check what file types and CODEC used for the files, do they look, wow-fantastic?
Denisoftus,

I will have to check and get back to you. The couple clips I have seen from the selection have been amazing.
denisoftus likes this.
post #1631 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Denisoftus,

I will have to check and get back to you. The couple clips I have seen from the selection have been amazing.
Here is a list of the files for UHD...

01_The Last Reef.S4UD - 22.7GB - S4UD

02_Grand Canyon Adventure.S4UD - 24.7GB - S4UD

03_Cappadocia.S4UD - 3.18GB - S4UD

04_Nature.S4UD - 1.78GB - S4UD

05_City.S4UD - 1.71GB - S4UD

06_Safari.S4UD - 1.53GB - S4UD

07_Taste of UHD.S4UD - 1.2GB - S4UD

08_Timeless Gallery Story.S4UD - 959MB - S4UD
denisoftus likes this.
post #1632 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

I have had the 9000 for over a week and love this thing more everyday. I picked up a Monster Platinum series HDMI 8' for like $23 dollars clearance at BB and have nothing but trouble. It was causing all my weird performance issues with the flickering screen and such. I switch over to my $14 Belkin and it is perfect.
post #1633 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Works good - need advice on settings

Is there anyone besides me who has a fully functional 2014 upgrade box? If so what video settings are you using? I would be surprised if the cnet settings apply after the upgrade.

I admit that blacks seem compromised. Experimenting, I can change backlighting, etc to make them good, but at night I have to reduce backlighting to nearly zero.

Except for blacks being dark grey, the new one connect is working fine. I've had it about a week and Netflix is still there. The Netflix dedicated button on the original remote with all the buttons doesn't work. I have to push the smart TV button to bring up a menu along the bottom of the screen that has Netflix on the left end. It works and the best 4k stuff is/are the nature videos. House of cards isn't much better than 1080p.
post #1634 of 2025 Old 06-12-2014, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutfieldDan View Post
Is there anyone besides me who has a fully functional 2014 upgrade box? If so what video settings are you using? I would be surprised if the cnet settings apply after the upgrade.

I admit that blacks seem compromised. Experimenting, I can change backlighting, etc to make them good, but at night I have to reduce backlighting to nearly zero.

Except for blacks being dark grey, the new one connect is working fine. I've had it about a week and Netflix is still there. The Netflix dedicated button on the original remote with all the buttons doesn't work. I have to push the smart TV button to bring up a menu along the bottom of the screen that has Netflix on the left end. It works and the best 4k stuff is/are the nature videos. House of cards isn't much better than 1080p.
For those with bad blacks did anyone try menu-picture options-HDMI black level-low?
post #1635 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Here is a list of the files for UHD...
Thanks, looking at the file extensions and sizes I assume they just a short movies/demos. So there are no movies?

I converted m4v to s4ud, and 300Mb m4v became 2Gb s4ud, so likely 16Gb m4v movie will be around 100Gb s4ud file, I wonder if movies ever be released in S4UD?
post #1636 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 05:04 AM

Quote:
House of cards isn't much better than 1080p.
Wow, this is shocking. Why then upgrade to 2014 kit if not for Netfilx 4k movies, I'm not talking only about House of Cards but more to come. There is no other content yet released in HEVC 4K. Could it be your internet connection?
post #1637 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 05:15 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisoftus View Post
Wow, this is shocking. Why then upgrade to 2014 kit if not for Netfilx 4k movies, I'm not talking only about House of Cards but more to come. There is no other content yet released in HEVC 4K. Could it be your internet connection?
There are currently four 2160 films on Netflix in addition to House of Cards 2nd season. They're titled: Forests. Desserts, flowers and Oceans. They're absolutely stunning and match the quality of the demo stuff that I have from Samsung. House of cards is better, but doesn't have a "wow" factor. I think the camera was tuned to soften most of the scenes.
denisoftus likes this.
post #1638 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 05:46 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteJ View Post
For those with bad blacks did anyone try menu-picture options-HDMI black level-low?

That setting is only applicable to RGB input.
post #1639 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 05:53 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:

In my opinion, if blacks are that compromised, the new one connect doesn't function properly. In fact, I would revert back to the original so quick it would make your head spin.

Who wants a several thousand dollar display that only works correctly on a few nature videos?
post #1640 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all! PLEASE can someone tell me if when properly installed, proper firmware (everything working normally) will the 2014 one connect box improve picture quality!??? Upscalling, less artifacts, better color? I'm just trying to justify getting this TV when I could get a new model without the hassle of the upgrade problems. Please help me. Sorry if its been covered already
post #1641 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
That setting is only applicable to RGB input.
My TV is all HDMI and it makes a significant difference between normal and low setting FWIW.
post #1642 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 08:41 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteJ View Post
My TV is all HDMI and it makes a significant difference between normal and low setting FWIW.

HDMI transmits YCbCr color space (normal for almost all components) or RGB (can be selected on some (e.g., PS3) or is always used by a few (e.g., DirecTV HR24 or any PC input)).

The setting on the F9000 is "grayed out" unless you are using RGB input. In my case it's only available when I'm using my HR24. In the case of the HR24, the setting must be set to low (video level RGB) or blacks will be gray. If you have PC level RGB, it must be set to normal or you will lose shadow detail.

If you use the F9000 on one of the Smart Hub apps and look at the setting, you will see it's "grayed out" because the apps use YCbCr color space. Probably the same thing with your Blu Ray player. I'm guessing you have seen the difference when using a HR24; although any other component using RGB would be the same.
post #1643 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by what-now View Post
Hi all! PLEASE can someone tell me if when properly installed, proper firmware (everything working normally) will the 2014 one connect box improve picture quality!??? Upscalling, less artifacts, better color? I'm just trying to justify getting this TV when I could get a new model without the hassle of the upgrade problems. Please help me. Sorry if its been covered already

The new One Connect box (SEK2500U) has a major firmware problem and on non-4K sources blacks are washed out (probably the whole picture is) and it looks like a $500 TV from 8 years ago. I would wait until Samsung fixes it, if they ever do.
post #1644 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by atodzia View Post
The new One Connect box (SEK2500U) has a major firmware problem and on non-4K sources blacks are washed out (probably the whole picture is) and it looks like a $500 TV from 8 years ago. I would wait until Samsung fixes it, if they ever do.
Just installed the new One connect ordered from Amazon.de. Live in Norway.
I agree. The blacks look all washed out and greyish. Hope a new calibration will fix this. See there are some new options under picture settings.
Anyone got new settings to try out. CNET settings do not look good at all.
post #1645 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKS64 View Post
I agree. The blacks look all washed out and greyish. Hope a new calibration will fix this. See there are some new options under picture settings.

I wouldn't get it calibrated until the washed out black problem is fixed. You would be throwing money away. I don't think it is possible to get a good picture with the edge and back lighting so messed up. I am waiting until a new firmware is released.
post #1646 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKS64 View Post
Latest firmware (v1130.9) for the sek-2500u is messed up badly, check this thread > http://www.avsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1530642

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-2500U/ZG (European firmware v1141.6)
post #1647 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't get it calibrated until the washed out black problem is fixed. You would be throwing money away. I don't think it is possible to get a good picture with the edge and back lighting so messed up. I am waiting until a new firmware is released.
If you call tech support about the one connect problem here is some advice to avoid frustration. I am still waiting for a call back but hopefully it will be from a person that knows what is going on.

Ask to speak to a Tech Support Manager. If they ask if you called before about this problem say 3 times or numerous times and they didn't know what was going on and didn't have an answer. (I did and that is what happened) I had to say this to two or three people until I reached the dept. that was the main support for the 4K TV's and the One Connect box. The support person took detailed notes on the problem and then asked me a few questions so I knew she was familiar with the product (did I use the new cable, etc.). She then looked for a Tech Support Manager and said she couldn't find one but one would call back within 24 hours and I got a case number. So in the future I can call with the case number and ask for an update without having to explain everything again. They can just read the notes.
post #1648 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 01:15 PM

I was wondering if it will be cheaper then buying 2014 evo kit or close to build your own HTPC with software HEVC codec and something like XBMC and play whatever content you have? I must say the way f9000 plays media files are pretty bad, you can't fast forward, you can't skip to %, you can only pause and play, which is very irritating. I'm sure sooner or later Netflix will have their WebBrowser app updated to offer 4k.
post #1649 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think what he is asking is, if the new box offers considerable PQ improvement over the 2014 One connect? If I were lucky enough to get one with the older firmware I would simply stay offline until firmware was fixed. I am not concerned with 4k streaming,but performance improvements are welcome.
post #1650 of 2025 Old 06-13-2014, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post
I think what he is asking is, if the new box offers considerable PQ improvement over the 2014 One connect? If I were lucky enough to get one with the older firmware I would simply stay offline until firmware was fixed. I am not concerned with 4k streaming,but performance improvements are welcome.
Indeed! Will the new 2014 box (after the bugs are fixed)improve the upscaling-PQ of non 4k? Also if it does,or does not have quad core "plus"? Crutchfield says yes ... hearing mixed answers on both. Oh well. At least people here are kind enough to offer help. Unlike with Samsung and BB Etc.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55f9000 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65f9000 65 Inch 4k Ultra Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page