**Official** Samsung 4K UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Thread - Page 64 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1891 of 1910 Old 07-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello to all:
just joined the forum and I have a question regarding the new evolution one connect for my UN55F9000. I had heard tht the new evolution kit would be SEK-2500V but all I see everywhere is the SEK-2500U. What is the correct evolution box then, or will there be more than one this year, is the 2500U the correct version for televisions in the US? the Samsung site is not very helpful. Hope to get some info ; can't wait to be able to stream 4k from netflix!
thanks
josenboston is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1892 of 1910 Old 07-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2612 View Post
Hello,
I did the update. Result in 4K/50p the motionplus is blocked on standart, impossible to change the setting. Also I do not have the resolution that appears when I change source. I have One Connect 2.

Thank you very much and have a good day
Hello, I'm new here. I just purchased 65f9000 and the old version one connect. After reading these post I ordered the newer one connect sek2500. would it be wise to wait to hook up TV to new 2500 when delivered and not even bother hook up to old one connect once my tv is delivered? Thank you
Bryscott is offline  
post #1893 of 1910 Old 07-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by josenboston View Post
Hello to all:
just joined the forum and I have a question regarding the new evolution one connect for my UN55F9000. I had heard tht the new evolution kit would be SEK-2500V but all I see everywhere is the SEK-2500U. What is the correct evolution box then, or will there be more than one this year, is the 2500U the correct version for televisions in the US? the Samsung site is not very helpful. Hope to get some info ; can't wait to be able to stream 4k from netflix!
thanks
All versions of the Evolution One Connect are SEK-2500U with the US kit being SEK-2500U/ZA. It is well worth the upgrade.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1150.5
Denon AVR-2313ci, Denon AVR-S900w, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200
Cox Cisco 6 tuner Contour Box , PS4, Xbox One, HD Antenna
(2) Klipsch F-30s, (2) Klipsch F-20s, (2) Klipsch S-20s, (1) Klipsch C-20
(2) Klipsch S-10s, (2) Klipsch B-20s, (1) Klipsch Sub-12HG
UN55HU8550, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S590, Motorola Cox Contour Receiver, PC

Last edited by sikclown; 07-24-2014 at 10:43 AM.
sikclown is online now  
post #1894 of 1910 Old 07-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryscott View Post
Hello, I'm new here. I just purchased 65f9000 and the old version one connect. After reading these post I ordered the newer one connect sek2500. would it be wise to wait to hook up TV to new 2500 when delivered and not even bother hook up to old one connect once my tv is delivered? Thank you
I am curious, I saw you post in the SEK-2500U thread too, did they charge you extra for the One Connect? It comes with the TV and you have to set it up with that one first, otherwise your TV won't work. Set it up, upgrade the firmware to 2101 through the TV menu, and then it adds the ability to backup your tv for the Evolution Kit installation. Again your SEK-2500U will not work on your F9000 until you back it up using the Original One Connect which comes with your TV.
Bryscott likes this.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1150.5
Denon AVR-2313ci, Denon AVR-S900w, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200
Cox Cisco 6 tuner Contour Box , PS4, Xbox One, HD Antenna
(2) Klipsch F-30s, (2) Klipsch F-20s, (2) Klipsch S-20s, (1) Klipsch C-20
(2) Klipsch S-10s, (2) Klipsch B-20s, (1) Klipsch Sub-12HG
UN55HU8550, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S590, Motorola Cox Contour Receiver, PC
sikclown is online now  
post #1895 of 1910 Old 07-24-2014, 06:21 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
All versions of the Evolution One Connect are SEK-2500U with the US kit being SEK-2500U/ZA. It is well worth the upgrade.
thanks
josenboston is offline  
post #1896 of 1910 Old 07-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Newbie
 
bjbjordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK Abes of Main has the Samsung UN55F9000 for $1,449 with free shipping an no tax. I had been looking at some 55" Samsung LED LCD Smart TVs for around $1,000.

Does this seem like a good price?

Is this as good as I am going to get at this price for an UHD 4K TV?

Will I have to also buy the latest One Connect to get the best from this TV for HD Cable, Netflix, Blu-ray, and Xbox One gaming?

Thanks in advance.
Bob
bjbjordan is offline  
post #1897 of 1910 Old 07-25-2014, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbjordan View Post
OK Abes of Main has the Samsung UN55F9000 for $1,449 with free shipping an no tax. I had been looking at some 55" Samsung LED LCD Smart TVs for around $1,000.

Does this seem like a good price?

Is this as good as I am going to get at this price for an UHD 4K TV?

Will I have to also buy the latest One Connect to get the best from this TV for HD Cable, Netflix, Blu-ray, and Xbox One gaming?

Thanks in advance.
Bob
That is a great price. I actually just got an email this morning from eBay about the same TV for 1799.00. I think that is as good as you are going to get currently but as with everything if you hunt and are patient you may find a better deal a month or two from now. The rub on that is ,though, if these TVs become more scarce the price on them climbs. Currently everyone seems to be trying to get rid of the last of their inventory, once they do the few left out there jump up in price (This happened with the UN65F9000).

In so far as the 2014 UHD Evolution Kit (One Connect), you will want that if you want Netflix 4K and basically any future 4K from say Amazon, MGO, etc or a 4K player if one ever materializes. That brings the cost back up to the 1700 range depending on where you get your kit. PC Nation has the best price on them at 100.00 cheaper than anyone else but their returns and exchanges process is nonexistent so any problems have to be dealt with directly through Samsung.
carbonwhiskey likes this.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1150.5
Denon AVR-2313ci, Denon AVR-S900w, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200
Cox Cisco 6 tuner Contour Box , PS4, Xbox One, HD Antenna
(2) Klipsch F-30s, (2) Klipsch F-20s, (2) Klipsch S-20s, (1) Klipsch C-20
(2) Klipsch S-10s, (2) Klipsch B-20s, (1) Klipsch Sub-12HG
UN55HU8550, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S590, Motorola Cox Contour Receiver, PC
sikclown is online now  
post #1898 of 1910 Old 07-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Newbie
 
bjbjordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks sikclown. I thought it may have been a good price. If I am not doing Netflix am I OK without the new One Connect and sticking with the original till prices drop some on the device?
bjbjordan is offline  
post #1899 of 1910 Old 07-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Member
 
carbonwhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbjordan View Post
OK Abes of Main has the Samsung UN55F9000 for $1,449 with free shipping an no tax. I had been looking at some 55" Samsung LED LCD Smart TVs for around $1,000.

Does this seem like a good price?

Is this as good as I am going to get at this price for an UHD 4K TV?

Will I have to also buy the latest One Connect to get the best from this TV for HD Cable, Netflix, Blu-ray, and Xbox One gaming?

Thanks in advance.
Bob
Abes is a scam site. You put in an order, they charge your card, and then either they don't ship it and you call in, or they call you telling you that you need to pay $2-300 more for shipping "insurance."

I read all the rumors, but found precisely the same for myself when I called in. Go ahead and try yourself. Just call first (don't order online), and ask them how much.

I've read some anecdotes (even on this site) that people got their orders after pushing, but I wouldn't risk it. Even if you do get your TV, I doubt these guys would help you out if something goes wrong. They sound incredibly shady over the phone.

Other sites like Abes running the same scam: Niceelectronics, Buysquad, EastCoastTVs

They all run out of NY/NJ

There is only one good site coming out of that area with insane prices. Not as low as them, but they are even better than Amazon when it comes to shipping and customer service. BuyDig is legit.
carbonwhiskey is offline  
post #1900 of 1910 Old 07-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonwhiskey View Post
Abes is a scam site. You put in an order, they charge your card, and then either they don't ship it and you call in, or they call you telling you that you need to pay $2-300 more for shipping "insurance."

I read all the rumors, but found precisely the same for myself when I called in. Go ahead and try yourself. Just call first (don't order online), and ask them how much.

I've read some anecdotes (even on this site) that people got their orders after pushing, but I wouldn't risk it. Even if you do get your TV, I doubt these guys would help you out if something goes wrong. They sound incredibly shady over the phone.

Other sites like Abes running the same scam: Niceelectronics, Buysquad, EastCoastTVs

They all run out of NY/NJ

There is only one good site coming out of that area with insane prices. Not as low as them, but they are even better than Amazon when it comes to shipping and customer service. BuyDig is legit.
Actually that is a great point. Stick to one of the Authorized Dealers on this list http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmin...resellers.html

Or stick with sellers on here that users have had good experiences with. Cleveland Plasma comes to mind.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1150.5
Denon AVR-2313ci, Denon AVR-S900w, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200
Cox Cisco 6 tuner Contour Box , PS4, Xbox One, HD Antenna
(2) Klipsch F-30s, (2) Klipsch F-20s, (2) Klipsch S-20s, (1) Klipsch C-20
(2) Klipsch S-10s, (2) Klipsch B-20s, (1) Klipsch Sub-12HG
UN55HU8550, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S590, Motorola Cox Contour Receiver, PC
sikclown is online now  
post #1901 of 1910 Old 07-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonwhiskey View Post
Abes is a scam site. You put in an order, they charge your card, and then either they don't ship it and you call in, or they call you telling you that you need to pay $2-300 more for shipping "insurance."

I read all the rumors, but found precisely the same for myself when I called in. Go ahead and try yourself. Just call first (don't order online), and ask them how much.

I've read some anecdotes (even on this site) that people got their orders after pushing, but I wouldn't risk it. Even if you do get your TV, I doubt these guys would help you out if something goes wrong. They sound incredibly shady over the phone.

Other sites like Abes running the same scam: Niceelectronics, Buysquad, EastCoastTVs

They all run out of NY/NJ

There is only one good site coming out of that area with insane prices. Not as low as them, but they are even better than Amazon when it comes to shipping and customer service. BuyDig is legit.

Yes,I bought from niceelectronics and they dooooped me into having to pay extra for the original 2013 one connect box and an original samsung panel but they were kind enough to give me upgraded shipping, which I bought 7-18-14 and have yet to see my new UN65F9000
Bryscott is offline  
post #1902 of 1910 Old 07-26-2014, 06:25 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
I am curious, I saw you post in the SEK-2500U thread too, did they charge you extra for the One Connect? It comes with the TV and you have to set it up with that one first, otherwise your TV won't work. Set it up, upgrade the firmware to 2101 through the TV menu, and then it adds the ability to backup your tv for the Evolution Kit installation. Again your SEK-2500U will not work on your F9000 until you back it up using the Original One Connect which comes with your TV.
Yes,they did charge me extra for the 2013 one connect which is suppose to come with as standard accessory. They sound like car salesmen when they get you to call in after you do an online purchase.
Bryscott is offline  
post #1903 of 1910 Old 07-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Newbie
 
BrianTisky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Talking

I'd like to add some input and opinion.

I freaking love this TV. I've considered a number of TVs but this one won me over with the ability to upgrade to the new HDMI 2 when I have the chance. At first, when I was reading about it, I didn't fully understand the purpose of the connection box. I got the idea that it was for cable management and that was it. Nice but I could run cables through the wall if I needed to.

When I read the review (here http://pocinc.net/blog/product-revie...ed-ultra-hd-tv), it pointed out the fact that the input box can be swapped out to support the new connection and went into some details.. I was excited and jumped on it. I have many demo rooms we use for displaying art and a good dose of 4K is just what this room needed.

Now, I just haven't had the time to ask them when a new connector box will become available, but the store did agree and said it will be offered by Samsung. I just hope it isn't too pricey...the TV costs enough as it is

Opinion shared! Now it's off to bed as tomorrow we will be installing new lights in the same demo room.
BrianTisky is offline  
post #1904 of 1910 Old 07-27-2014, 06:31 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member
 
rlb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Royalton, OH
Posts: 3,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTisky View Post
I'd like to add some input and opinion.

I freaking love this TV. I've considered a number of TVs but this one won me over with the ability to upgrade to the new HDMI 2 when I have the chance. At first, when I was reading about it, I didn't fully understand the purpose of the connection box. I got the idea that it was for cable management and that was it. Nice but I could run cables through the wall if I needed to.

When I read the review (here http://pocinc.net/blog/product-revie...ed-ultra-hd-tv), it pointed out the fact that the input box can be swapped out to support the new connection and went into some details.. I was excited and jumped on it. I have many demo rooms we use for displaying art and a good dose of 4K is just what this room needed.

Now, I just haven't had the time to ask them when a new connector box will become available, but the store did agree and said it will be offered by Samsung. I just hope it isn't too pricey...the TV costs enough as it is

Opinion shared! Now it's off to bed as tomorrow we will be installing new lights in the same demo room.

New box (SEK 2500U) has been available for several months. It's available lots of places (Samsung, Amazon, Best Buy, etc.). Carefully follow the instructions when installing the new one connect!!


Following thread, bigger than this one, is dedicated to the SED 2500U: 2014 Samsung SEK-2500U/ZA Evolution Kit and CY-SUC10SH/ZA UHD Video Pack
rlb is offline  
post #1905 of 1910 Old 07-27-2014, 11:18 AM
Newbie
 
BrianTisky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
New box (SEK 2500U) has been available for several months. It's available lots of places (Samsung, Amazon, Best Buy, etc.). Carefully follow the instructions when installing the new one connect!!


Following thread, bigger than this one, is dedicated to the SED 2500U: 2014 Samsung SEK-2500U/ZA Evolution Kit and CY-SUC10SH/ZA UHD Video Pack


Very cool. A little pricey on the upgrade as I was hoping for more around $99, but it would at least be a write-off in the end since we are using it in one of the demo rooms/galleries.

I just sent them an email too letting them know, maybe they should update their review with the given information If they do it or not, it's in their court. I'll be stopping by Best Buy later today)
BrianTisky is offline  
post #1906 of 1910 Old 07-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Member
 
carbonwhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTisky View Post
Very cool. A little pricey on the upgrade as I was hoping for more around $99, but it would at least be a write-off in the end since we are using it in one of the demo rooms/galleries.

Are you saying that retailers buy all the TVs they use for displays? I always thought the OEM supplied them with samples.

Is this true for all retailers, including Best Buy, etc.? Or is it just small/large?
carbonwhiskey is offline  
post #1907 of 1910 Old 07-27-2014, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonwhiskey View Post
Are you saying that retailers buy all the TVs they use for displays? I always thought the OEM supplied them with samples.

Is this true for all retailers, including Best Buy, etc.? Or is it just small/large?
I think he uses TVs in a gallery to show off artist's work. But to answer your question, as far as I know retailers still have to buy the showroom model but they may get a "Demo Room" pricing. Eventually they sell it as "Floor Model" heavily discounted. It is the cost of doing business.
carbonwhiskey likes this.
sikclown is online now  
post #1908 of 1910 Old 07-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbjordan View Post
OK Abes of Main has the Samsung UN55F9000 for $1,449 with free shipping an no tax. I had been looking at some 55" Samsung LED LCD Smart TVs for around $1,000.

Does this seem like a good price?

Is this as good as I am going to get at this price for an UHD 4K TV?

Will I have to also buy the latest One Connect to get the best from this TV for HD Cable, Netflix, Blu-ray, and Xbox One gaming?

Thanks in advance.
Bob
Hi, make sure that price of $1.449.oo includes the original One connect box. I got dooped from niceelectronics.com on a low price for the un65f9000 and then when I called in they chumped me to purchase 2013 one connect for $300.oo.(they must have pulled it from the tv box to sell it to me as an extra) Then I bought one connect 2014 sek2500u from best buy for $400.oo. I ended up paying a total of $3.000.oo for tv and 2 one connect boxes.
sikclown likes this.
Bryscott is offline  
post #1909 of 1910 Old 07-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Member
 
carbonwhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryscott View Post
Hi, make sure that price of $1.449.oo includes the original One connect box. I got dooped from niceelectronics.com on a low price for the un65f9000 and then when I called in they chumped me to purchase 2013 one connect for $300.oo.(they must have pulled it from the tv box to sell it to me as an extra) Then I bought one connect 2014 sek2500u from best buy for $400.oo. I ended up paying a total of $3.000.oo for tv and 2 one connect boxes.
Wow. What scumbags. Can't believe they tried that. That is even worse than the shipping "insurance" scam that Abes tries to pull off.

Don't deal with any of them, and spread the word so these pricks go out of business.

Hopefully they will scam the wrong guy and the Federal Trade Commission will get involved.
sikclown likes this.
carbonwhiskey is offline  
post #1910 of 1910 Old 07-29-2014, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonwhiskey View Post
Wow. What scumbags. Can't believe they tried that. That is even worse than the shipping "insurance" scam that Abes tries to pull off.

Don't deal with any of them, and spread the word so these pricks go out of business.

Hopefully they will scam the wrong guy and the Federal Trade Commission will get involved.
"sales" techniques like that boil my blood, man. It makes it so difficult for the honest companies and people selling great products.
carbonwhiskey and Bryscott like this.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1150.5
Denon AVR-2313ci, Denon AVR-S900w, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200
Cox Cisco 6 tuner Contour Box , PS4, Xbox One, HD Antenna
(2) Klipsch F-30s, (2) Klipsch F-20s, (2) Klipsch S-20s, (1) Klipsch C-20
(2) Klipsch S-10s, (2) Klipsch B-20s, (1) Klipsch Sub-12HG
UN55HU8550, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S590, Motorola Cox Contour Receiver, PC
sikclown is online now  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55f9000 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65f9000 65 Inch 4k Ultra Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off