**Official** Samsung 4K UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Thread - Page 69 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #2041 of 2049 Old 12-11-2014, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone tried to view Amazon prime 4K movies on the F9000 series? I have the UN65F9000 with latest software but, after launching the Amazon app, I dont even see the UHD movies there at all. Any ideas? Would the SEK2000U definitely fix that problem? I know that it gives Netflix 4K streaming but is it required for Amazon too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2049 Old 12-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by candycorn123 View Post
Anyone tried to view Amazon prime 4K movies on the F9000 series? I have the UN65F9000 with latest software but, after launching the Amazon app, I dont even see the UHD movies there at all. Any ideas? Would the SEK2000U definitely fix that problem? I know that it gives Netflix 4K streaming but is it required for Amazon too?
I don't see 4k either, updated the tv after being told by the app I needed the newest firmware. Stream shows 1080p on start..... I don't even see on the website to buy one of the ones supposedly available in 4k. Confused.....
post #2043 of 2049 Old 12-12-2014, 04:34 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Amazon uses same HEVC/h.265 so you DO need SEK2500U
post #2044 of 2049 Old 12-14-2014, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Amazon 4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post
I don't see 4k either, updated the tv after being told by the app I needed the newest firmware. Stream shows 1080p on start..... I don't even see on the website to buy one of the ones supposedly available in 4k. Confused.....
You have to upgrade the Amazon app individually. Go to the Smart Hub display of all the apps with the icons all distributed on the screen from top to bottom, select the Amazon App and hold down the select button on your remote. A blue arrow appears on the app and provides for the upgrade.

The picture appears identical to Netflix 2160. I watched Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon on both Netflix and Amazon and I see no difference in resolution. Most of the Amazon content is expensive - $30 for recent movies. Some Amazon original content and a few movies (including Crouching Tiger) are free to Amazon Prime subscribers.

However, there is one annoyance. When in the Amazon app watching 4K content, I cannot change the brightness, etc. in the Samsung TV menu. The "Picture" option is greyed out in the menu. I'm not sure where the picture settings come from. They show up, but cannot be changed and seem to be the same ones that I use for my Directv (HDMI 1 port). The picture is a little too bright for me and blacks aren't black enough.
post #2045 of 2049 Old 12-14-2014, 10:57 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
Hey! I don't know if you still have it, but I'm interested.
I bought an F9000, but held off on the Evo Kit thinking maybe I should wait first.

If you are anxious to stream 4k video from Netflix or Amazon, you could go ahead. Additionally, I believe the 2500U significantly improves upconversion. However, in another 5 months or so the 2015 kits will come out and should have HDMI 2.0 inputs that handle UHD and HDCP 2.2 at the same time. These will be required for the 4k players scheduled for release around the end of 2015.
post #2046 of 2049 Old 12-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutfieldDan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post
You have to upgrade the Amazon app individually. Go to the Smart Hub display of all the apps with the icons all distributed on the screen from top to bottom, select the Amazon App and hold down the select button on your remote. A blue arrow appears on the app and provides for the upgrade.

The picture appears identical to Netflix 2160. I watched Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon on both Netflix and Amazon and I see no difference in resolution. Most of the Amazon content is expensive - $30 for recent movies. Some Amazon original content and a few movies (including Crouching Tiger) are free to Amazon Prime subscribers.

However, there is one annoyance. When in the Amazon app watching 4K content, I cannot change the brightness, etc. in the Samsung TV menu. The "Picture" option is greyed out in the menu. I'm not sure where the picture settings come from. They show up, but cannot be changed and seem to be the same ones that I use for my Directv (HDMI 1 port). The picture is a little too bright for me and blacks aren't black enough.
Thanks, I couldnt remember about holding the button.

Hm, odd about the settings. Did you try adjusting that input before going to amazon?
post #2047 of 2049 Old 12-15-2014, 12:10 PM

Liked: 10
I just ordered my 55F9000 and waiting for it to be delivered. I've got a few connection setup questions before it arrives. Right now I have my Bluray player, DVR, and PS3 connected to my Yamaha RX-A1000 receiver and then to my Sony 55HX850 LCD. I've also got an optical cable from the tv going to a soundbar. I'm also hard-wired to my router. Can I just take all my existing hdmi cables and plug directly into the One Connect box? Should I run the firmware update before connecting anything up? I'm assuming I should also connect the optical from the tv to the One Connect. TIA
post #2048 of 2049 Old 12-17-2014, 02:34 AM

Liked: 11
1. Yes.
2. Hardly matters.
3. No. The optical connection is available on one connect box. You may connect port provided in One connect box to soundbar.
post #2049 of 2049 Unread Today, 05:33 PM

Liked: 0
Hello, I recently received a Bose Lifestyle 535 system as a gift, as I understand it does not support 4kUHD pass through only 1080p. My question when connecting my Samsung F9000 (with the SEK2500U Evolution kit) to the Bose Receiver, would using the Digital Optical Out be the best option? I also understand that Bose does not support HDMI ARC either. I would like to stream netflix in 4k with hopefully DD 5.1 surround sound. Right now the best I can do is get Linear PCM 2.0 from the tv to the Bose receiver. I am pretty much a total newbie to 5.1 surround sound and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55f9000 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65f9000 65 Inch 4k Ultra Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un55f9000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page