**Official** Samsung 4K UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Thread - Page 74 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2191 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
I think it is up under the un65hu9000 but if your TV already updated to the current one then you are pretty much out of luck. No way to install the previous version over the newer version that I know of.
more to update it when they come and switch up the board on Monday. Not going to auto update anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangnas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
I think it is up under the un65hu9000 but if your TV already updated to the current one then you are pretty much out of luck. No way to install the previous version over the newer version that I know of.
more to update it when they come and switch up the board on Monday. Not going to auto update anymore.
Gotcha. Good call!
post #2193 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have an un55f900 did the update this morning. I'm having the same issue as everyone else. I called Samsung they said the were aware of the problem. They said they would email me but I haven't received it yet. Does anyone know what their plan of action is? This is the perfect time seeing as how the maypac fight is this weekend and the nba playoffs. What a joke.
post #2194 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I found a temp fix using my original box Evolution Kit that came with my UN55F9000, I think i had done one update on it before switching over to the SEK2500U Kit. So that might be the reason my tv works fine on the old box. It did ask to update & I did not accept this time. Now just waiting for Samsung support to get back to me.

others with same problem on this thread.. 2014-samsung-sek-2500u-za-evolution-kit-cy-suc10sh-za-uhd-video-pack-119
post #2195 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2G4 View Post
I found a temp fix using my original box Evolution Kit that came with my UN55F9000, I think i had done one update on it before switching over to the SEK2500U Kit. So that might be the reason my tv works fine on the old box. It did ask to update & I did not accept this time. Now just waiting for Samsung support to get back to me.

others with same problem on this thread.. 2014-samsung-sek-2500u-za-evolution-kit-cy-suc10sh-za-uhd-video-pack-119
That doesn't work for most of us unfortunately.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
post #2196 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:

I'll give it a shot thanks for the idea.
post #2197 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

This didn't work for me unfortunately. No TV for at least a week. Samsung should compensate people for the hassle of having to be home, take the TV off the wall, being without a TV, etc.
post #2198 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Ok, so just finally got Samsung to provide me with a repair outside of my warranty since they f'd this whole thing up.

My local tech called, he said that the current fix may be a new Evolution box (one made more recently due to how the chip emulation works between the One Connect and the TV vs how the original was done). He told me to call back and instruct them of these instructions to get me a new One Connect. If that doesn't work he will pick my set up and take it apart to replace the main board + another component (I can't remember the name), so it looks like the main board may not be the only part affected.

Bit by the upgrade bug, limited by the WAF
post #2199 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 02:51 PM

Liked: 10
I cannot believe this. I'm in the same boat. Updated last now, now power cycles. Two calls to samsung. 1st one, "it's a know issue, we'll get back to you in 48 hrs." Ha ha. 2nd one, tech had no idea. Up through 2 levels to another tech who still didn't know what I was talking about but shuttled it over to "executive support". Waiting. I have the 2500 One Connect box (Thanks Samsung). Has this happened to anyone with the ORIGINAL box? I am praying they make good on this. Hoping a new One Connect will get it done. Unbelievable.
post #2200 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

Thought I'd try the old OCB, no luck... Ugh. One thing that concerned me when they arranged my replacement was it sounded like they were ignoring my info that I had the SEK2500. I'm gunna be pissed if I get a new 2013 box.
post #2201 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 07:14 PM

Same thing happened to me Wednesday morning! I've been waiting since then for "Advanced Technical Support" to call. They said 24 to 48 hours. Nothing yet! I'm calling again tomorrow to raise hell.
post #2202 of 2219 Old 05-01-2015, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Sorry about the dbl post but in case ppl here didnt see the other thread on...hope this helps u guy's.

So guy's I have some good news & hopefully this will work for some of you. My tv seems to be back to normal. If you read my previous post I was able to use my tv with the original evolution kit that came with my tv after the dam update while using the sek-2500u. The tv worked good all day with the original box, so a few hour's ago I desided to give my sek-2500u a shoot again & it no longer cycles on & off. It shows software version 1240 now with no other update available. Here's what I did...1st unplugged the original box and turned the tv on with only power connected...it showed the please plugg in evolution kit on the screen..so I left it on for atleast 3 minutes. 2nd... I connected the 2500u kit with no Ethernet and only the stb hdmi nothing else & crossed my fingers. It turned on like normal & it stayed on... While it was still on I went into the menus and the first thing I did turned of the auto update & then checked the software version which now shows 1240. Its been on for at least two hrs with no issues. Ive also turned it on and off a few times just to make sure it's not my imagination.. I hope this works for some of you. Maybe having the sek-2500u unplugged for close to 24hrs did something.
post #2203 of 2219 Old 05-02-2015, 05:47 AM

Same Problem Here

How do they not test the firmware to where this happens? Incredible. Also, how do they leave the update up hours after they've had multiple reports of the issue.

I called them last night after trying to figure it out, power cycle, etc. and the person had me try my old box, which didn't work and then they told me that I received a "bad firmware" and that they were working to resolve the problem. It was around 10:30 when I spoke with them and the only thing that they told me was to try turning on the tv later to check for and get the new update. After reading all of the posts here I emailed them back in the middle of the night, pissed off and questioned how the tv would stay on long enough to know if there was a new update, download and then install it before the tv powers off again.

Glad I didn't order the fight but I did have a pay per view movie that I paid for and didn't get to watch. Just $6 but it just adds to the fire.

Grrrr!!!!

I look forward and appreciate any updates that I'll get on here - surely quicker than anything that I get from Samsung.
post #2204 of 2219 Old 05-02-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylj View Post
Same thing happened to me Wednesday morning! I've been waiting since then for "Advanced Technical Support" to call. They said 24 to 48 hours. Nothing yet! I'm calling again tomorrow to raise hell.
Now they are telling me since I called Thursday at 10am, the 48hrs is up Monday at 10am, since they are closed on the weekend, so
I should hear back Monday. This really sucks! Also, my original One Connect Box did not fix it.
post #2205 of 2219 Old 05-02-2015, 10:34 PM

Liked: 11
I have a UN65F9000 with the new 2014 OneConnect box. Same thing happened to me. Updated the firmware and then it power cycled endlessly every 15 seconds.

I tried this an it worked to fix mine, hope it works for you. Very simple:
  1. Have TV plugged in, it should be power cycling
  2. unplug the OnConnect Cable from the OneConnect box
  3. You should now see an image on the TV that shows you to plug the cable back in
  4. This should be where the power cycling stops and it just stays on, but with the image of needing to plug the cable back in. If yours is still cycling...this probably isn't your fix.
  5. Leave everything in this state for about 3-5 minutes. TV on, OneConnect cable unplugged, and the image on the screen indicating to plug the cable back in.
  6. Now, plug the OneConnect Cable back into the back of the OneConnect box.
  7. This fixed mine, and has been working flawlessly since it happened Thursday (4/30/15) night.
Good luck and I hope this helps a few people out there.
post #2206 of 2219 Old Yesterday, 12:17 AM

After 6 calls, exec support to Tier 2 ( did you unplug the surge protecter...plug into wall?] Back to exec support who schedules a service call. I have to pay labor, they'll cover parts! Really? Anyone else getting this? I will sue in small claims for my time and service call. ...IF they fix. Good catch on the 2500 box. Didn't bring that up but will Monday. More for court.
post #2207 of 2219 Old Yesterday, 12:23 AM

Wow...mt phone (S4!) Just updated to load the previous posts. I will try these procedures and post back Sun.
post #2208 of 2219 Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Btw...don't wait for call back. Just keep calling back over and over to advance through their little BS method. There is no need to wait for a call. Doubt you'll get one.
post #2209 of 2219 Old Yesterday, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Thumbs down Newest Firmware

I am very sorry to read all of this and I, too, can't believe Samsung would put out a firmware revision that basically "bricks" our TV's. I do appreciate the "heads-up" though and went into Menu and turned off auto-update so I'm still on Version 1230.2. I saw the software update message a few days ago but did not do it; I am SO GLAD I didn't!

Please let all of us know what Samsung does (or doesn't do) to rectify this situation. Hope everyone is up and running soon.

Samsung UN65F9000AF UHD TV
Samsung SEK-2500u 2014 UHD Evolution Kit (1230.2)
Samsung BD-F7500 Blu-Ray
Pioneer VSX-44 AV Receiver 2.0 HDMI
Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 System
Direct TV HR-44 Genie
post #2210 of 2219 Old Yesterday, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by atodzia View Post
Warning - do not let Samsung update the software to the latest version. It will break your TV and cause it to power off after being on for 60 seconds. This is a USA software bug. Not sure about other countries. I have the F9000 TV with the SEK-2500U One Connect box.
THANK YOU! I already replied further down on this thread. It was a close call because I got the update message but didn't do it. I turned off Auto Update as well.

Samsung UN65F9000AF UHD TV
Samsung SEK-2500u 2014 UHD Evolution Kit (1230.2)
Samsung BD-F7500 Blu-Ray
Pioneer VSX-44 AV Receiver 2.0 HDMI
Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 System
Direct TV HR-44 Genie
post #2211 of 2219 Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post
Ok, so just finally got Samsung to provide me with a repair outside of my warranty since they f'd this whole thing up.

My local tech called, he said that the current fix may be a new Evolution box (one made more recently due to how the chip emulation works between the One Connect and the TV vs how the original was done). He told me to call back and instruct them of these instructions to get me a new One Connect. If that doesn't work he will pick my set up and take it apart to replace the main board + another component (I can't remember the name), so it looks like the main board may not be the only part affected.
The service tech that is coming to my house Wed. or Thurs. says it needs a new mainboard to fix this problem. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think it definitely needs a new mainboard, but I am also wondering about the SEK-2500U box.
post #2212 of 2219 Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member

It will be interesting about the SEK-2500 OCB, Samsung could try to pull a fast one here and try to replace us with the original OCB for the F9000 since that's the one that came with the TV. I am nervous for my SEK-2500 which is being shipped back to them, I couldn't get a straight answer from the support tech that my replacement will be this box as I bought it last year when it came out. If they give me the wrong one it'll just add to my woes, I think at that point I will speak to my local tech and see if he can get the thing working again and buy a JS8500 or jump ship and go to Sony.

Bit by the upgrade bug, limited by the WAF
post #2213 of 2219 Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Sorry about the dbl post but in case ppl here didnt see the other thread on...hope this helps u guy's.

So guy's I have some good news & hopefully this will work for some of you. My tv seems to be back to normal. If you read my previous post I was able to use my tv with the original evolution kit that came with my tv after the dam update while using the sek-2500u. The tv worked good all day with the original box, so a few hour's ago I desided to give my sek-2500u a shoot again & it no longer cycles on & off. It shows software version 1240 now with no other update available. Here's what I did...1st unplugged the original box and turned the tv on with only power connected...it showed the please plugg in evolution kit on the screen..so I left it on for atleast 3 minutes. 2nd... I connected the 2500u kit with no Ethernet and only the stb hdmi nothing else & crossed my fingers. It turned on like normal & it stayed on... While it was still on I went into the menus and the first thing I did turned of the auto update & then checked the software version which now shows 1240. Its been on for at least two hrs with no issues. Ive also turned it on and off a few times just to make sure it's not my imagination.. I hope this works for some of you. Maybe having the sek-2500u unplugged for close to 24hrs did something.
This worked for me. Thanks.
post #2214 of 2219 Old Today, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Call from repair company 'We didn't get the part...'

Off to a great start it seems like!
post #2215 of 2219 Old Today, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

SEK-3500U is available for pre-order with shipping in 10-14 days direct from Samsung now:

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs-...s/SEK-3500U/ZA

Also available on handful of other sites (Amazon, Sparco, MacMall, etc) but they don't have anything as definitive as 10-14 days on shipping.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
post #2216 of 2219 Old Today, 07:58 AM
DIY Grand Dad (w/help)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Is all this horrendous crap I'm reading peculiar to the 65"er? Is this something that plagues only a specific model year (2014) or a specific Connect One box?

I have the 2013 55" UNf9000 w/a Evolution Connect One and have had several updates and have experienced no issues whatsoever. My set Auto Updates and it says I'm on v2108

Well actually, about a year ago I did have a few sporadic Off-On cycles, but the ensuing Software update fixed those.

I read about how many seem to have desired to replace the Connect One Box that originally came with the TV, but it's hard to find any definitive comments as to why. My set performs wonderfully, 3D is stupendous. UHD is crazy good.

What am I missing here....? (...just all the issues everyone else is having... )

Somebody enlighten me...or at least set me straight.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
post #2217 of 2219 Old Today, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
Is all this horrendous crap I'm reading peculiar to the 65"er? Is this something that plagues only a specific model year (2014) or a specific Connect One box?

I have the 2013 55" UNf9000 w/a Evolution Connect One and have had several updates and have experienced no issues whatsoever. My set Auto Updates and it says I'm on v2108

Well actually, about a year ago I did have a few sporadic Off-On cycles, but the ensuing Software update fixed those.

I read about how many seem to have desired to replace the Connect One Box that originally came with the TV, but it's hard to find any definitive comments as to why. My set performs wonderfully, 3D is stupendous. UHD is crazy good.

What am I missing here....? (...just all the issues everyone else is having... )

Somebody enlighten me...or at least set me straight.
It's a great TV, no doubt. If you have version 2108, you are still running the 2013 one connect box, not the 2014 one connect, that allows UHD netflix, HDMI 2.0, etc. Although at this point, the 2015 one connect is a few weeks away with even more goodies.

As far as the problems you've been reading about, ironically, it only hit those that upgraded to the 2014 one connect box to firmware version 1240.3. Before that, it was a blast! For me, the 2015 will finally give 4k 60p/444 chroma, which matters for gaming, plus the new interface, etc.

On a practical level, if you use this just as a TV, a 2014/2015 one connect box will give you streaming 4K support (and the codecs they need) which is needed for Netflix and other services (I would think the 2015 would support more and certainly be able to handle the processor load better going from a quad core to an oct-core). The 2015 will also be able to handle HDR signals (which nothing really uses yet) for HDMI 2.0a. I'm sure there will be other things that will come out as people start to use it for real.

As far as gaming goes, 4k 30p/444 is good enough for me via the 2014 one connect. I remember playing in the days when 15-20 fps was considered good, so I'm not that much of a diva when it comes to frame rate. 24p is painful though, but 30 is quite fine...But 60p would be nicer. (And yes, doing 420 vs 444 does make a difference to me)

I hope that helps!
post #2218 of 2219 Old Today, 08:51 AM
DIY Grand Dad (w/help)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 355
I does...I feel a bit better aware.

One thing though....I have always felt the 4K up conversion on my set is spectacular. I also have a 4K BD7500 Samsung BluRay DVD.

I watch a lot of NetFlix though...and while I was aware that some 4K content was coming / is available, I never really saw much of the need.

But'cha know, I also have never tried the NetFlix app through the Samsung BD7500 DVD.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
post #2219 of 2219 Unread Today, 01:39 PM

Any solution? i live in Argentina so.. samsung dont come here to help me? someone can fix the problem?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55f9000 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65f9000 65 Inch 4k Ultra Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page