**Official** Samsung 4K UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Thread - Page 83 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 94Likes

post #2461 of 2471 Old 10-17-2016, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I can confirm at this point that it does NOT happen with 2160p content that's running at 24fps. Provided that I have the correct options set on the Xbox One S to maintain 24fps, watching UHD Blu-rays is fine - full control over the AMP, and everything looks awesome - even handles the HDR like a champ.

2160p at 60fps seems to be the problem, and I'm curious if it would happen at 30fps as well, but I don't have anything that runs on the XBox One S at 2160p30, so I'm not sure. I wish that the Xbox One S had global settings that would allow me to individually allow 24, 30, and 60 fps so that I could just disable 60 and see what happened - I suspect that 30 would be fine and that it's only 60fps that causes the issue on our sets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2462 of 2471 Old 10-17-2016, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Thanks for the information! I suspect you're probably right that it would be limited to 60+fps... the TV must be using the AMP to help display the higher frame rate content.

Is it possible to go back to the SEK-2500 from the SEK-3500 once you've gone through the upgrade?
post #2463 of 2471 Old 10-22-2016, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Somewhat unrelated, but like most people in this thread, I too have an F9000 and was having the same issue with Auto Motion Plus being engaged while using my Xbox One S. I just tried out my first ever 4K Blu-Ray in the form of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. While I was ecstatic to see that AMP was no longer engaged at 4K, the picture seemed slightly off. By this I mean it lacked punch and felt soft. I last calibrated my set while still on the SEK 1500. When I upgraded to the SEK3500U, I never changed my original calibration settings. Everything stilled looked great. The same isn't true while viewing 4K on the Xbox One. I was hoping perhaps someone can share their settings with me. Thanks in advance.
post #2464 of 2471 Old 11-18-2016, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's been a while since I've been on here...you all were great help when I was researching purchasing my UN65F9000 a few years ago and I have been very happy with the TV. But now I have a few questions I'm hoping you guys can help with...

I am still on the original one connect box - I really only want to upgrade once when the final one connect box is released for our sets. Is now that time? I've read a few places that they didn't release a box in 2016 and they likely won't release any more for the F9000. Does anyone have a feeling on whether this is true and the SEK3500 will be the final upgrade for us?

After reading through the last few pages of this thread it seems there is a pretty significant difference between the capabilities of the 8 bit and 10 bit panels in these sets. How can I find out which one I have? I purchased mine in January 2014. How do I find out the build date and/or what panel I have. If I call Samsung will they be able to tell me, or is there a way to do it on my own?

Have the power-cycling issues associated with upgrading been resolved? I remember a while back reading horror stories of peoples sets being bricked by the upgrade box and I certainly don't want to risk that considering I am well out of my warranty period.

The TV works perfectly and looks great. I'm somewhat afraid to mess with it. But I am missing the latest features and capabilities from the new box. The reason this has come up now is I'm considering upgrading my PS4 to the PS4 Pro to get the 4k and HDR output but I don't think my TV with the current original one connect box will be able to handle it. Is that true?

Thanks in advance for any help.
post #2465 of 2471 Old 11-23-2016, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Hey guys got a firmware update today super fast one. Anyone have a changelog?
post #2466 of 2471 Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Guys, how bad is input lag while playing in 4K on PS4 Pro? Is it good, bad or no difference from 1080p?
post #2467 of 2471 Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Running my new PS4 Pro in 4K mode on my F9000 (with an SEK-3500 connected) caused the same issue that I saw with my Xbox One S - Auto Motion Plus enabled itself and could not be turned off unless I just ran the PS4 Pro in 1080p mode (not surprising I suppose, since it's running at 60Hz just like my Xbox One S - just very disappointing). As a result, I've ended up having to just run it in 1080p all of the time.

But to answer your question specifically, even if you don't mind the Soap Opera Effect that AMP introduces, that kind of post-processing does introduce additional (noticeable) input lag. That being said, running it in 1080p mode still gives you super-sampling options in some games - they look better than on a standard PS4 and didn't add any input lag whatsoever for me - so it's still better than running an original model or a slim - if only by a little bit!

Hope that helps!
post #2468 of 2471 Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM

Have you tried on default set? Not the SEK 3500, because I don't have one and I'm not even sure if this TV will run in 4K, because I have movies in 4k on hdd and TV won't run them, it says it don't recognize the codec...
post #2469 of 2471 Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, first post here, enjoy all info. A few questions -

1. I have the UN55F9000 (bought it 9/2014) with the SEK-2500 OCB and Xbox One S. I know the 2500 does not support HDR, so how I can tell if my tv model has the 8-bit or 10-bit panel? That way I will know if it's worth it to upgrade to the 3500.

2. I cannot seem to play a 4k movie (I've tried two). The XOS is plugged into the HDMI 1 port on the OCB, and UHD color is on. I have set the XOS to output to 4k, and the 4K TV Details in the XOS tell me my tv can do everything but HDR. When I put a movie in, it basically tells me my TV is not 4k and prompts me to exit or proceed with 1080p. Anyone else get a message like this? I didn't find anything from Microsoft.

Totally unrelated- I've also attached some pics from Destiny with the XOS output to 4k and then 1080p (same HDMI 1 port). It's a 1080p game (or worse) already being upscaled to 4k by the tv, and then further by the XOS, so it makes sense it won't look as good as far as pixel clarity due to double-dipping. Just wanted to share.

Also, the color seems a bit more vibrant when XOS is set to 4K, I assume that is because the UHD color is on.

Thanks!
JP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1815289   Click image for larger version

Name:	d.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	1815297   Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1815305   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	1815313   Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	1815321  

post #2470 of 2471 Old Today, 03:41 AM

This is so weird, it is a SUHD TV and it cant run 4K signal? What's up with that? I have default set, and I think that buying PS4 Pro is not a good idea if it won't run in 4k. I know it's older TV, but it clearly states that it's 4k.

I would be really glad if someone with default set (not SEK 3500) would try the PS4 Pro and tell us how is working.
post #2471 of 2471 Old Today, 04:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPatricko View Post
This is so weird, it is a SUHD TV and it cant run 4K signal? What's up with that? I have default set, and I think that buying PS4 Pro is not a good idea if it won't run in 4k. I know it's older TV, but it clearly states that it's 4k.

I would be really glad if someone with default set (not SEK 3500) would try the PS4 Pro and tell us how is working.
The original F9000 does not support the 4k HDMI 2.0 bandwidth requirements for the PS4 Pro. If the PS4 Pro sometime in the future adds support for HDMI 1.4 UHD at YUV 4:2:0, it might handle 4k, but until then you need the SEK-3500 upgrade to the TV to take advantage of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55f9000 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65f9000 65 Inch 4k Ultra Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread