need advice going crazy - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-22-2013, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i just bought a sharp 80 tv and i have version fios setup and when i watch a hd movie the picture is so horrible the scaling is bad and pixalated i dont know if its the sharp tv that suck or the verison hd is not all that .i have a sony bravia xbr5 form 7 years ago at my other house with crappy charter hd service and the picture on that is like blue ray glass image what can be the cause .i tried he dynamic mode and played with setting and still nothing im using best hdmi cables and all still same
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-23-2013, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

no advice no one had a sharp 80
post #3 of 5 Old 11-23-2013, 03:20 AM

My 80 is perfect, try streaming some netflix or a DVD.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-23-2013, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

yeah those are nice but as far as hd and tv top box its sucks .i think direct tv has better hd then verison cause at my clients house its glass pic on her tv and i play same movie starz hd and its liek watching sd and i used best thx monster cables which in my opinion dosnt really make a diff .
post #5 of 5 Old 11-23-2013, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by s281er238 View Post

yeah those are nice but as far as hd and tv top box its sucks .i think direct tv has better hd then verison cause at my clients house its glass pic on her tv and i play same movie starz hd and its liek watching sd and i used best thx monster cables which in my opinion dosnt really make a diff .

First of all Monster cables are nothing but marketing garbage, a $5 HDMI cable will have the same performance. Second, didn't you view that giant tv at the store with HD cable? If Bluray movies look good and DVD's than it's your cable box or tv. Make sure you have enabled 1080i on your set top box cable and are using HDMI. If everything is setup correctly try using calibrated settings for your tv, if that doesn't look better than it's your crappy cable box HD feed.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Xbr Series Kdl 52xbr5 52 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 52xbr5 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page