Samsung UN65FH6001FXZA?? I can't find anything! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 484 Old 11-25-2013, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I was going to camp out for the 70" Vizio at <$1k, but Best Buy is literally a five minute walk from my apartment and with free delivery, I think the 65" Samsung at $999 seems like a smarter deal, but I can't find anything on this.

This is obviously Samsung's lower end model, but I don't need web apps and 3d, so this is perfect for me. BUT, I can't find any info on this!

Can somebody help?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-64-1-2-diag--led-1080p-120hz-hdtv/2289002.p?id=1219071080523&skuId=2289002
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 484 Old 11-26-2013, 05:51 AM

Liked: 10
I'm taking a chance on this myself and have one being delivered to the house Saturday to replace my 5 year old MITS 60" DLP. The model number seems to be an exclusive to BestBuy, and that is why there are no reviews to be found. I too have no need for SMART TV functionality as I use my Oppo and HTPC for all the networked services one could ever want. Everything runs through my AVR so the limited number of HDMI inputs (2) is not a problem. I am fairly certain that this must be close to the Samsung UN65EH6000 being sold for 1097 on Amazon, so at 999 it looks like a deal.
post #3 of 484 Old 11-26-2013, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply- I noticed te amazon set as well. So from what I understand, the E means 2012 and te F at BB is 2013. I also notice that the pictures online if the E show the back as being much thicker. I'm heading over to BB today to see if the F is slimmer. Where did you order from and did you already get the BF price?
post #4 of 484 Old 11-26-2013, 07:28 AM

Liked: 12
Wow - wish I had seen this earlier! Just ordered the sharp 60" le650 to be delivered Friday...thought THAT was a good deal! While I like the Sharp better as a TV, spending $100 more for 5" more screen is a no brainer. DAMN!
post #5 of 484 Old 11-26-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselClown View Post

Thanks for the reply- I noticed te amazon set as well. So from what I understand, the E means 2012 and te F at BB is 2013. I also notice that the pictures online if the E show the back as being much thicker. I'm heading over to BB today to see if the F is slimmer. Where did you order from and did you already get the BF price?
I ordered it straight from BestBuy as an elite plus member they let me have at it with the BF price on Monday morning. Your interpretation of E and F sounds reasonable, but this is essentially a 2010 model, no?
post #6 of 484 Old 11-26-2013, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

thanks! just curious, if the PQ is good (it's all that really matters to me), and I don't need anything else, does the thickness of the set really matter? I'm not wall mounting this so it's moot for me how thick it is.
post #7 of 484 Old 11-27-2013, 10:45 AM

I stopped in at the local BB to ask about the UN65FH6001FXZA (mainly I wanted to see what I was getting). As expected, this is a Black Friday special, and there was none on display in the store. The sales rep explained the FH this way: F is the model year (in this case 2013) and the H mean's it is edge-lit (and hence the slightly thicker panel frame than their slimline models). I tried to see yesterday if the display was listed in Logitech Harmony Hub database and it was not (no surprise); Logitech suggested in its place a UN65F8000BF. I'll know more after this BF special is delivered.
post #8 of 484 Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiener View Post

I stopped in at the local BB to ask about the UN65FH6001FXZA (mainly I wanted to see what I was getting). As expected, this is a Black Friday special, and there was none on display in the store. The sales rep explained the FH this way: F is the model year (in this case 2013) and the H mean's it is edge-lit (and hence the slightly thicker panel frame than their slimline models). I tried to see yesterday if the display was listed in Logitech Harmony Hub database and it was not (no surprise); Logitech suggested in its place a UN65F8000BF. I'll know more after this BF special is delivered.

Assuming you meant back-lit? The edge-lit models are slimmer, and the similar EH model from 2012 is thick and backlit...
post #9 of 484 Old 11-27-2013, 12:00 PM

Right, back lit. Oops
post #10 of 484 Old 11-28-2013, 08:37 AM

I bought the UN40EH5000, last year, which was the 40" equivalent of the base 6000 model. It has an excellent picture and low lag for games. I just ordered this version from Best Buy on sale today for Black Friday. Since it's a 6001 model and the inputs on the rear are different according to the pictures, from the 6000 version, I hope I didn't make a mistake. I also noticed the yearly power usage rating is slightly different. If the picture quality is the same I will be pleased. I wonder what else is different from the 6000 version.

Was going to go with the 6300 version but I've read numerous complaints with clouding, which maybe a problem with edge lit models. I don't mind the thicker back lit LED since the picture quality is excellent on my 40". I also don't need a smart tv. I have Netflix available from some many other sources all I really need is a huge monitor with decent picture quality.

This 65" will be replacing a Samsung led DLP from I believe 2009. It looked great when I bought it, but it doesn't compare to the picture quality on the 40". I'm afraid to look at the Panasonic Plasmas because I'm sure I would end up spending more money than I want to spend. I would rather spend more a few years from now and get a good 4k. However this DLP needs to go.
nxsfan likes this.
post #11 of 484 Old 11-28-2013, 10:41 AM

The samsung is available online btw...before the doorbusters start
post #12 of 484 Old 11-28-2013, 10:05 PM

Any reviews on this yet from people getting it yet? Best Buy .com now has one 5 star rating review. Will this TV be sold out from doorbusters or should it be in stock Friday also?

Samsung UN65FH6001FXZA 65" 1080p LED
Onkyo TX-SR606
Polk Audio TSi300, CSi A4, PSW 125, OWM3
Sony PS3, PS4
post #13 of 484 Old 11-28-2013, 10:11 PM

I also notice that the pictures online if the E show the back as being much thicker.ttHh8k

post #14 of 484 Old 11-28-2013, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to keep it since I found a way to run my receiver without the digital out. However, if I'm able to score a 70" vizio for under $1k this weekend, then I'm going to just return it.
post #15 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 02:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Anyone have this tv yet? This could be a very good buy. From the looks of it it, this is a very "bare bones" set, with nice back lightning instead of edge lighting. This is refreshing to see. I would assume the input lag should be rather low, considering it has hardly any inputs and no added gimmicks. If thats the case, and the PQ is decent, this will replace my tiny w900a.
post #16 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 03:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Upon further research, this appears to be a refresh of the EH6000 series. It has the same exact weight and dimensions as the EH6000 as well as the number and type of inputs. The only difference is that the EH6000 has side mounted HDMI inputs while the FH6100 has rear facing inputs. The EH6000 has a measured input lag of around 35ms, which in my opinion is decent enough for online FPS gaming. Hopefully the FH6100 has the same, or less input lag. If so, it could be a real winner.
post #17 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I bought this TV at local Best Buy Thanksgiving Day. I was going to buy a budget 60" Samsung plasma, but they had this 65" LED one as doorbuster for just couple hundred more. It's not smart TV or 3D (I don't need these) so I went for it. It may be a budget LED, but the picture is very bright and sharp. The color out of the box was not great, but there are lots of controls (including advanced controls for the color space and white temperature, etc.) I was able to do a quick fix with the general controls brightness, color and tint and already in half and hour of tweaking have what I consider very watcheable picture for TV and sports. I did watch a few minutes of Sherlock Holmes movie recorded from Dish and there is significant soap opera effect, so I need to go into the menus and see if I can change the settings to fix that (for movie viewing). Overall, so far I'm very happy. comparable prices are 50% more than I paid on Black Thursday deal.
post #18 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Someone here has to post a quick review of this thing ASAP. I was set to try either a Sharp 70" 650 series or a Panny TC65P60 plasma..... Im gonna wait though. $500 bucks is $500 bucks! wink.gif
post #19 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
One conundrum I have is that this TV is advertised as 120hz model, but the box clearly says "240 Clear Motion Rate" in big print and under that it says "measures the image in a moving scene" . So is this not true 240 hz , but some kind of processing that makes it appear like 240 hz? Nowhere in the paperwork does it list "display frequency". There does not seem to be any motion blurring watching football and there a lots of settings to change as far as digital picture processing Oddly enough this function is not listed in the user manual, but if you go into "Picture Menu/ Picture Options/Auto Motion Plus" you can select OFF/CLEAR/STANDARD/SMOOTH or CUSTOM. in custom you can select the amount of blurr processing and judder processing. Bottom line is this is a lot of functionality in budget LED TV. With a little work it shoudl be no problem to optimise one setting for sports/TV and another for movie viewing. There are only 3 settings you can tweak, but that one more than I need. Any thoughts or questions?
post #20 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomcreek View Post

One conundrum I have is that this TV is advertised as 120hz model, but the box clearly says "240 Clear Motion Rate" in big print and under that it says "measures the image in a moving scene" . So is this not true 240 hz , but some kind of processing that makes it appear like 240 hz? Nowhere in the paperwork does it list "display frequency". There does not seem to be any motion blurring watching football and there a lots of settings to change as far as digital picture processing Oddly enough this function is not listed in the user manual, but if you go into "Picture Menu/ Picture Options/Auto Motion Plus" you can select OFF/CLEAR/STANDARD/SMOOTH or CUSTOM. in custom you can select the amount of blurr processing and judder processing. Bottom line is this is a lot of functionality in budget LED TV. With a little work it shoudl be no problem to optimise one setting for sports/TV and another for movie viewing. There are only 3 settings you can tweak, but that one more than I need. Any thoughts or questions?

Interesting - almst like they used the wrong box/manual/something. Changeover model. Either way.... $1000 bucks for 65 inches from a name brand you'd heard of. And I LIKE that is has no 3D or smart crap. Dont need any of that. Id like to hear about its performance though. Thats obviously the big question here. smile.gif
post #21 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 12:17 PM

The "Clear Motion Rate" rating is a marketing term. The 240hz models say they have a Clear Motion Rate of 720!

I am on my way to Best Buy for this Samsung model right now.
post #22 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

The review for the EH6000 states it has poor black levels. How would you rate the black level on this set? Does it have a game mode? Anyone want to take some pictures? biggrin.gif
post #23 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 12:50 PM

Man, so tempting. I've been going back and forth about this set since it's gone live. To buy, or not to buy.... I currently have a Samsung LN-t5271f LCD. It still does the job real well, but this set has really caught my eye. We need more posts from people who've taken the plunge, and picked one up.

If you just bought a Samsung LN-T5271f like me, then read the FAQ. It's very, very helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real World View Post

Man, so tempting. I've been going back and forth about this set since it's gone live. To buy, or not to buy.... I currently have a Samsung LN-t5271f LCD. It still does the job real well, but this set has really caught my eye. We need more posts from people who've taken the plunge, and picked one up.

The 71f is still a top notch set. The picture quality on the 71f will destroy this set. The only advantage this set will have is size.
post #25 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post

The 71f is still a top notch set. The picture quality on the 71f will destroy this set. The only advantage this set will have is size.

Well, that certainly makes me feel better. Yeah, I love my 71f. I paid a pretty penny for it when I bought it back in the day (close to $2600). It was actually the members and posts on this site that lead me to choose that set, over a number of others. Glad I spent the coin for that puppy. You truly do tend to get what you pay for. I guess I'm just looking for more real estate (65" vs 52"), but sometimes bigger isn't always better. I'll wait to see what some of the owners in here think of this set before I consider it.

If you just bought a Samsung LN-T5271f like me, then read the FAQ. It's very, very helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 03:48 PM

Just ordered one of these from BestBuy.com for a store pickup, waiting for the email that is ready so I can go get it...Discover card has a 5% cash back on on-line purchases, this mean an extra $50 off, making a good deal even better... This will replace a very old Sony Plasma that is very dark already, so I really do not have anything good to compare it to, but definitely looking forward for a better picture quality and larger picture.
post #27 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shft22 View Post

Just ordered one of these from BestBuy.com for a store pickup, waiting for the email that is ready so I can go get it...Discover card has a 5% cash back on on-line purchases, this mean an extra $50 off, making a good deal even better... This will replace a very old Sony Plasma that is very dark already, so I really do not have anything good to compare it to, but definitely looking forward for a better picture quality and larger picture.

Hey man, if you're using a Discover card, make sure you go to ShopDiscover.com and link to Best Buy from there. That will get you an additional 5% in savings. Shopdiscover has retailer linked cashback from retailers like BestBuy, Walmart, Target, Nike, Sears, Gamestop, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. You go to the shopdiscover.com website, log in (easy set up), and simply link through that site. It's super easy. That's another $50 if you do. Cancel ur current order, and do it over again.

post #28 of 484 Old 11-29-2013, 11:47 PM

I picked this set up. It clearly needs tuning but I think for the price, compared to no-name brands, it is holding up well and has the menu options I would expect for further adjustment.

Soap opera mode bugs me so my first job was turning off all of the motion enhancement features. Once the family settles in (and away from the TV) for the night I'll run it through a calibration disc.

First impression is good. I don't need thirty inputs (all switching done externally) or any outputs (other than the screen) so life is fine so far. Can't wait to dig in.
post #29 of 484 Old 11-30-2013, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.andom View Post

I picked this set up. It clearly needs tuning but I think for the price, compared to no-name brands, it is holding up well and has the menu options I would expect for further adjustment.

Soap opera mode bugs me so my first job was turning off all of the motion enhancement features. Once the family settles in (and away from the TV) for the night I'll run it through a calibration disc.

First impression is good. I don't need thirty inputs (all switching done externally) or any outputs (other than the screen) so life is fine so far. Can't wait to dig in.
Post those settings here when you get it dialed in. Just picked up this set yesterday, I'm pretty happy except for a little blotchiness in the near-blacks. Cannot beat this set under $1K.
post #30 of 484 Old 11-30-2013, 08:48 AM

OK got the TV home last night, but the kids have taken possession and have not let me touch it. If any of you experts can post some setting configuration for movies and games that would be great, I really do not have the expertise to dial in a TV.
So far is a very big improvement from what I had and for under $1000 I cant complain, also BB is allowing returns till January 15, so if something better shows up before then, (cyber Monday) the option to return this one is available.

"Real World" thanks for the ShopDiscover link I had forgotten about it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Series 65 Inch Class Led Hdtv Un65eh6000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page