Toshiba 50" L7335 DG - 3D from PC thru HDMI is not working well - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-28-2013, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

Hey everyone, my first post here but i have been a long time follower of AVS (just never wrote anything :P). So lets get to the point:

I have recently bought the Toshiba L7 50in TV, the exact model name is L7355DG (DG is regional thingy i think so more like L7355). It's one of the Toshiba's newest TV, shutter glassess included.

I have tried the 3D mode from the built in medihub by plugging in a USB drive with 3dmovie files on it. started the video, pressed 3D on remote and it works fine and dandy.

So i connected my TV to my PC (i mainly use it to watch stuff from my PC, play games from PC) and tried to start the same 3D file as before, pressed the 3D button on remot and..it's not working. The two pictures start to blend somewhat but the 3D is not perfect, the picutre looks like a BIG issue of crosstalk (ghosting) from one side.

I have tried using BESTplayer, Media Player Classic and Stereoscopic Player (but im not sure i use it correctly, havnt had time to check all the settings so any info what and how to set in it would be nice too)

I hope somebody can help me with any info, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by pap-corp View Post

Hey everyone, my first post here but i have been a long time follower of AVS (just never wrote anything :P). So lets get to the point:

I have recently bought the Toshiba L7 50in TV, the exact model name is L7355DG (DG is regional thingy i think so more like L7355). It's one of the Toshiba's newest TV, shutter glassess included.
I have tried the 3D mode from the built in medihub by plugging in a USB drive with 3dmovie files on it. started the video, pressed 3D on remote and it works fine and dandy.

So i connected my TV to my PC (i mainly use it to watch stuff from my PC, play games from PC) and tried to start the same 3D file as before, pressed the 3D button on remot and..it's not working. The two pictures start to blend somewhat but the 3D is not perfect, the picutre looks like a BIG issue of crosstalk (ghosting) from one side.

I have tried using BESTplayer, Media Player Classic and Stereoscopic Player (but im not sure i use it correctly, havnt had time to check all the settings so any info what and how to set in it would be nice too)

I hope somebody can help me with any info, thanks!

It's likely that your video card is not set up for 3D. You'll have to dig into your settings. You'll also have to make sure you are viewing either 1080/24p or 720/60p, if you want to get 3D out of your PC.

Of the three players you tried, Stereoscopic player is the only one i have tried. You'll need to dig into the Toshiba's manual and find out what sort of 3D encoding it supports.
pap-corp likes this.

Find out more about Mark Henninger at www.imagicdigital.com
post #3 of 4 Old 12-01-2013, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

Hey exactly! there was some weird scalling turned on in my AMD drivers and other stuff which affected the aspect ratio slightly on my tv (so slightly that i dint even saw it but the 3d was just this slightly broken because of it):) thanks for the suggestion man!

imagic likes this.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by pap-corp View Post

Hey exactly! there was some weird scalling turned on in my AMD drivers and other stuff which affected the aspect ratio slightly on my tv (so slightly that i dint even saw it but the 3d was just this slightly broken because of it)smile.gif thanks for the suggestion man!

Glad to help, glad it worked!

Find out more about Mark Henninger at www.imagicdigital.com
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page