Good No Frills Low Input Lag TV for Gaming? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a good TV for playing games on my Xbox One. I would like a TV between 40" and 50". I do not care to have 3D or even Smart functionality. I just want a good picture with low input lag and motion bulr.

I have been looking at the Samsung UN46F5000/F5500 and UN46EH5000. From what I understand the EH5000 is last years model and is very similar to the F5000. The only thing that keeps me from the older model is that I have heard it has a decent amount of motion blur whereas the F5000 does not. They both have pretty low input lag.

So what are your recommendations? I would like to stay around the $500 price range but could go up to $600 if the performance increase justifies it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 2888 Post(s)
Liked: 4550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Brown View Post

I am looking for a good TV for playing games on my Xbox One. I would like a TV between 40" and 50". I do not care to have 3D or even Smart functionality. I just want a good picture with low input lag and motion bulr.

I have been looking at the Samsung UN46F5000/F5500 and UN46EH5000. From what I understand the EH5000 is last years model and is very similar to the F5000. The only thing that keeps me from the older model is that I have heard it has a decent amount of motion blur whereas the F5000 does not. They both have pretty low input lag.

So what are your recommendations? I would like to stay around the $500 price range but could go up to $600 if the performance increase justifies it.

Around $600 is what you'll want to spend, if you want a TV that cracks the top-five in this respect. David Katzmaier from CNET published a list you should take a look at: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57589240-221/best-low-lag-hdtvs-for-serious-gamers/

Mark Henninger
Old 11-30-2013, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

Around $600 is what you'll want to spend, if you want a TV that cracks the top-five in this respect. David Katzmaier from CNET published a list you should take a look at: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57589240-221/best-low-lag-hdtvs-for-serious-gamers/

I actually came across that list in my research and it seems that the Vizio one is the only one that fits my budget and size requirements. According to DisplayLag.com the Samsung F500 gets 24ms input lag in game mode, which actually beats the Vizio Cnet reccomends. Picture quality seems to be better on the Samsung as well and on top all that it is lower priced on Amazon right now.

Is there any reason you would go with the Vizio over the Samsung? I don't really care about the 120hz since I won't be able to take advantage of that with Video Game consoles anyway.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 2888 Post(s)
Liked: 4550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Brown View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

I actually came across that list in my research and it seems that the Vizio one is the only one that fits my budget and size requirements. According to DisplayLag.com the Samsung F500 gets 24ms input lag in game mode, which actually beats the Vizio Cnet reccomends. Picture quality seems to be better on the Samsung as well and on top all that it is lower priced on Amazon right now.

Is there any reason you would go with the Vizio over the Samsung? I don't really care about the 120hz since I won't be able to take advantage of that with Video Game consoles anyway.

I suppose not. if the slight increase in screen size you get from the Vizio doesn't matter to you, then go with the Samsung. CNET says the Vizio has slightly better image quality and I'd tend to agree with that assessment... but the difference is trivial.

Mark Henninger

Tags
Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv