Toshiba L9300U (4K) Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 90 Old 01-20-2014, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Toshiba still holding strong that L9300 will receive the free HDMI 2.0 firmware soon. Who knows...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/01/toshiba-debuts-cloud-portal-smart-tv-platform-on-new-flagship-tvs/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 90 Old 01-22-2014, 12:22 PM

I bought the L9300U from Costco for $3000. Here are my thoughts, experiences, etc thus far:
Positives
- The price is right. It's about $500 - $1000 more expensive than a 65 or 70 inch HDTV with 3d support.
- The picture quality is excellent. I'm impressed by the black levels (especially compared to my current 1080p LCD sets). Everything just looks better - Blu-Ray, Dish HD receiver, etc. I'm assuming this is due to the built-in 4K upscaling the TV is doing.
- The 3d is simply outstanding! Passive 3d is better than the active I have seen on friends' sets. The convenience of using RealD glasses can't be understated. And including 4 pair of glasses was a positive.

Negatives
- The remote is of limited value controlling other devices if they aren't HDMI CEC compliant.
- The keyboard is of limited value because it does not work in apps like Netflix or Youtube. The arrow keys will work, but not the letters or numbers
- I found the native Youtube and Netflix apps in the PS3 to be better than the native TV apps. They seem to produce higher quality output.
- I cannot view or stream 4K content from Youtube or view downloaded 4K mp4 videos via MediaShare (DLNA) server. This is a huge disappointment since I can't find a way to view 4K content otherwise and I was expecting streaming to be the way the majority of UltraHD content to be delivered anyway. I'll have to try HDMI out from a laptop and see if it will play the 4K youtube clips for display on the tv. I wonder if it will output 4K video via HDMI this way if the laptop itself is not 4K? (that is, does not have a video chipset with 4K output capability).

I am REALLY hoping the firmware update for the HDMI 2.0 support is released soon and it also adds support for 4K streaming. If not, I believe the best course of action is to return the set (Costco gives you 90 days) and wait for the L9400 series to come out this summer. In the CES press release, Toshiba stated these TV's will support HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 and H.265 HEVC for 4k streaming out-of-the-box.

BTW, I called Toshiba technical support and their people knew nothing of an HDMI 2.0 firmware update. They said there is no indication of it in any of their systems. I'm hoping Scott Ramirez, the Toshiba marketing and development VP that made this commitment actually confirmed with engineering it was possible and they were going to release it soon. Unfortunately, they didn't say anything about the addition of 4K streaming or downloaded video support via MediaShare (DLNA).
post #63 of 90 Old 01-22-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvegas View Post

I bought the L9300U from Costco for $3000. Here are my thoughts, experiences, etc thus far:
Positives
- The price is right. It's about $500 - $1000 more expensive than a 65 or 70 inch HDTV with 3d support.
- The picture quality is excellent. I'm impressed by the black levels (especially compared to my current 1080p LCD sets). Everything just looks better - Blu-Ray, Dish HD receiver, etc. I'm assuming this is due to the built-in 4K upscaling the TV is doing.
- The 3d is simply outstanding! Passive 3d is better than the active I have seen on friends' sets. The convenience of using RealD glasses can't be understated. And including 4 pair of glasses was a positive.

Negatives
- The remote is of limited value controlling other devices if they aren't HDMI CEC compliant.
- The keyboard is of limited value because it does not work in apps like Netflix or Youtube. The arrow keys will work, but not the letters or numbers
- I found the native Youtube and Netflix apps in the PS3 to be better than the native TV apps. They seem to produce higher quality output.
- I cannot view or stream 4K content from Youtube or view downloaded 4K mp4 videos via MediaShare (DLNA) server. This is a huge disappointment since I can't find a way to view 4K content otherwise and I was expecting streaming to be the way the majority of UltraHD content to be delivered anyway. I'll have to try HDMI out from a laptop and see if it will play the 4K youtube clips for display on the tv. I wonder if it will output 4K video via HDMI this way if the laptop itself is not 4K? (that is, does not have a video chipset with 4K output capability).

I am REALLY hoping the firmware update for the HDMI 2.0 support is released soon and it also adds support for 4K streaming. If not, I believe the best course of action is to return the set (Costco gives you 90 days) and wait for the L9400 series to come out this summer. In the CES press release, Toshiba stated these TV's will support HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 and H.265 HEVC for 4k streaming out-of-the-box.

BTW, I called Toshiba technical support and their people knew nothing of an HDMI 2.0 firmware update. They said there is no indication of it in any of their systems. I'm hoping Scott Ramirez, the Toshiba marketing and development VP that made this commitment actually confirmed with engineering it was possible and they were going to release it soon. Unfortunately, they didn't say anything about the addition of 4K streaming or downloaded video support via MediaShare (DLNA).

vvegas,

what size did you get?

This is a full array local dimming 4K panel, correct?

How do you find the local dimming performance? Any visible halo/blooming? Have you viewed any dark content in a dark viewing environment? If so, how were the black levels and shadow detail?

I'm not so concerned about viewing 4K and HDMI 2.0, but I am looking for a 65" FALD panel that is as good or better than a Sharp Elite (at a fraction of the cost biggrin.gif ) - any observations on how your panel performs when viewing 1080p appreciated (especially dark in dark).

-fafrd
post #64 of 90 Old 01-22-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post

vvegas,

what size did you get?

This is a full array local dimming 4K panel, correct?

How do you find the local dimming performance? Any visible halo/blooming? Have you viewed any dark content in a dark viewing environment? If so, how were the black levels and shadow detail?

I'm not so concerned about viewing 4K and HDMI 2.0, but I am looking for a 65" FALD panel that is as good or better than a Sharp Elite (at a fraction of the cost biggrin.gif ) - any observations on how your panel performs when viewing 1080p appreciated (especially dark in dark).

-fafrd

Just found this on CNET: "Perhaps more important from a picture quality perspective is the inclusion of local dimming on the TVs' edge-lit LED backlight. Dimming is usually a boon but in the case of the Toshiba L7200 I reviewed last year, it was underwhelming. Maybe the company can do better on these premium 4K sets."

Please ignore my questions - if this panel is edge lit I am not interested in it...

-fafrd
post #65 of 90 Old 01-22-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post

Just found this on CNET: "Perhaps more important from a picture quality perspective is the inclusion of local dimming on the TVs' edge-lit LED backlight. Dimming is usually a boon but in the case of the Toshiba L7200 I reviewed last year, it was underwhelming. Maybe the company can do better on these premium 4K sets."

Please ignore my questions - if this panel is edge lit I am not interested in it...

-fafrd

Hi fafrd,

I have not had any problems with dimming on this TV. Their auto-dimming is called DynaLight and right now I have the TV set to auto-everything and I have not noticed any problems with this feature (it can be annoying, I know, as I keep it turned off on my Sony 1080p). This technology is smooth and unnoticeable in it's implementation. And the black levels are fantastic. I only watch in my room with lights out so its as dark as possible. I watched Star Trek into Darkness 3d, which has a number of darker scenes, and I thought they looked beautiful (keep in mind, I had the 3d glasses on, too, which effectively dim light, too). But in other content (netflix streaming, regular HD TV viewing via Dish DVR, etc), I have never noticed issues with this. I haven't spent a lot of time looking at shadow detail, however. Personally, I think it's the best panel I've seen for HD content and I think that is likely due to the 4K upscaler CEVO CQ engine chipset. However, I did not do a direct comparison with the units you recommended.
post #66 of 90 Old 01-22-2014, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi fafrd,

I have not had any problems with dimming on this TV. Their auto-dimming is called DynaLight and right now I have the TV set to auto-everything and I have not noticed any problems with this feature (it can be annoying, I know, as I keep it turned off on my Sony 1080p). This technology is smooth and unnoticeable in it's implementation. And the black levels are fantastic. I only watch in my room with lights out so its as dark as possible. I watched Star Trek into Darkness 3d, which has a number of darker scenes, and I thought they looked beautiful (keep in mind, I had the 3d glasses on, too, which effectively dim light, too). But in other content (netflix streaming, regular HD TV viewing via Dish DVR, etc), I have never noticed issues with this. I haven't spent a lot of time looking at shadow detail, however. Personally, I think it's the best panel I've seen for HD content and I think that is likely due to the 4K upscaler CEVO CQ engine chipset. However, I did not do a direct comparison with the units you recommended.

Well, you being happy with the black levels may cause me to reconsider. Another couple of questions:

Have you ever owned or seen (in the dark) a top-end plasma like the Kuro or the Panasonic VT/Zt60?

When you watched Star Trek into Darkness (in the dark), were you able to discern the screen from the bezel surrounding it?

Have you viewed the set with Dimming set to 'OFF' and compared the image to when dimming is set to 'ON' (or 'MEDIUM' or 'AUTO' depending on the options you are given)?

thanks,

-fafrd
post #67 of 90 Old 01-22-2014, 03:58 PM

I don't believe I have seen either of those top-end plasmas and I'm sure nothing will ever match those black levels. Regarding the bezel, no, it was not discernible. One of the things I liked about this TV was just how far to the edge it went and how the bezel was not noticeable when watching content. There is one small green round power light at the bottom right and that is the only real indication of any bezel. I have not played around with any of the advanced picture settings yet...still just using auto and messing with the streaming and 3d features.

My advice is if you have a Costco nearby, buy the set from them so you have plenty of time (90 days) to test and evaluate it. I don't think you'll be be disappointed with the picture quality. I know the Panasonic plasmas will be sorely missed by HDTV fans, but I'm personally satisfied with the performance of this unit in regards to black levels.
post #68 of 90 Old 01-22-2014, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't believe I have seen either of those top-end plasmas and I'm sure nothing will ever match those black levels. Regarding the bezel, no, it was not discernible. One of the things I liked about this TV was just how far to the edge it went and how the bezel was not noticeable when watching content. There is one small green round power light at the bottom right and that is the only real indication of any bezel. I have not played around with any of the advanced picture settings yet...still just using auto and messing with the streaming and 3d features.

My advice is if you have a Costco nearby, buy the set from them so you have plenty of time (90 days) to test and evaluate it. I don't think you'll be be disappointed with the picture quality. I know the Panasonic plasmas will be sorely missed by HDTV fans, but I'm personally satisfied with the performance of this unit in regards to black levels.

When watching dark content in a dark room, the screen is so black that it blends into the surrounding black bezel so that you cannot make out the edges of the screen, that is as good as blacks get (including plasma). On my LCD, the screen is always a very, very faint shade of dark grey brighter than the true black f the surrounding bezel, so when the screen is showing a black screen, I can make out the boundaries of the screen.

Sounds like you are enjoying your new toy so I will not pester you further, but if you ever DO notice that the screen is tiny bit brighter and you can make out the boundaries during a dark black scene, please let us know...

-fafrd

p.s. we have a Costco nearby so I will have a look at this panel next time I am there...
post #69 of 90 Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I own the 65L9300 and the Samsung 8500 plasma and I can tell you that the black levels of the Toshiba are not in the league with the top-end plasmas-but none of the current 4k led tvs from samsung or sony are either.I purchased the Toshiba for the 3D as it is the best 3D that I have seen anywhere.I watched up-converted 4k with the Riddick blu-ray from an Oppo and it was very, very good.Some of the new 2014 sets will be a full-back-lit led panals but these will be extremely expensive.The Toshiba is a great tv but I purchased it knowing that it would probably be obsolete as a true 4k compatible tv. Ron
post #70 of 90 Old 01-22-2014, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnyder005 View Post

I own the 65L9300 and the Samsung 8500 plasma and I can tell you that the black levels of the Toshiba are not in the league with the top-end plasmas-but none of the current 4k led tvs from samsung or sony are either.I purchased the Toshiba for the 3D as it is the best 3D that I have seen anywhere.I watched up-converted 4k with the Riddick blu-ray from an Oppo and it was very, very good.Some of the new 2014 sets will be a full-back-lit led panals but these will be extremely expensive.The Toshiba is a great tv but I purchased it knowing that it would probably be obsolete as a true 4k compatible tv. Ron

Thanks Ron. The Samsung 8500 is my fall back if the new Vizio's fail to deliver (P & R) or are priced out of my range (just the R, since price on the P is great). The other 2014 FALD which looks interesting is the Toshiba Luminance (both the 4K and the 1080p), but until they get priced I am concerned they may be out of my range as well...

Appreciate your feedback on the black levels of this Toshiba edge-lit panel. Let's hope the Vizio P Series has some magic up its sleeves with only 64 dimming zones but only $1500 for 65" 4K full-array local dimming...

-fafrd
post #71 of 90 Old 01-29-2014, 03:20 PM

The Toshiba support page says the new firmware is out, but I am not sure where to download it. TV update program says no new updates available yet.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200004384
post #72 of 90 Old 01-29-2014, 04:40 PM

This is geat news. The set is now future proof. It will not be too long till we get graphics cards output HDMI 2.0 to verify.
post #73 of 90 Old 01-30-2014, 11:06 AM

Hi I have already downloaded the new update for 2.0 hdmi. You go to the Toshiba website drivers for your set. Click on the firmware update. It shows the old date but when you click on it is the new one and says for hdmi 2.0. You must download it to a flash drive and the un compress it. Then put it in the usb slot on the side and follow directions on screen using Toshiba remote. I hope this helps. Make sure there is nothing on the usb drive. Toshiba also has directions on how to do it.
post #74 of 90 Old 01-31-2014, 10:40 AM

I was also able to download and apply the update. The instructions on the website don't quite match the TV screens. Here's what I did.

1. Download the file from the website. It's a self-extracting zip exe file.
2. Double-click and extract the files to your USB stick. That should be formatted FAT with no other files on it.
3. Turn on the TV. The instructions mention a Toshiba logo coming up after 2 minutes, but that never happened for me.
4. I stuck the USB stick in the USB1 slot and then the tv detected it and said an update was available and asked if I wanted to update. Choose yes, ofcourse.
5. It starts downloading and in a minute or so will tell you you can't use your TV's features and ask Yes to continue.
6. The TV screen eventually goes blank and then the blue screen appears showing the progress of the update.
7. Once finished, it will tell you it will reboot and does so.
8. In another minute or two the TV screen appears again with whatever input you were on to begin with. That's it, take the USB stick out.

During the update, the green power light flashes on and off. I hit the setup button right after the update was done and it said something about waiting while it updated. I pushed it again a few minutes later and it came up fine. I didn't notice any changes. I did check the system information screen and confirm the version. It is dated December 2013.

If anyone has any information on the HDMI 2.0 specs it supports, please share. It's likely going to be level B like the Sony's I'm guessing, but it would be nice to get an official word.

Now, I still have the hard part of actually viewing any 4k content. AFAIK, the only way is still to use a laptop with HDMI output that can push out 4K. I don't have one of those. I wish they would add support for viewing 4K content from the web like Youtube, or 4K photos via USB/SD/DLNA. But I'm afraid this will be it for this TV and only the newer ones will get things like H.265 streaming support or other means of watching 4K.
post #75 of 90 Old 02-05-2014, 04:17 PM

post #76 of 90 Old 02-18-2014, 10:40 PM

I'm still liking the 58" set I have. I just hope I get to watch 4K soon.
post #77 of 90 Old 02-28-2014, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Trying to decide between the 58L9300U or the LG 55LA9650, anybody else did the same comparison?

Emmat2011
post #78 of 90 Old 02-28-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmat2011 View Post

Trying to decide between the 58L9300U or the LG 55LA9650, anybody else did the same comparison?

I was debating for a long time between the L9300U and LA9700. I finally decided to go with LA9700 but was a hard decision mainly because the 4K LGs do not have HDMI 2.0 support yet, which renders them half-useless for 4k for the time being. On the other hand we do not know how the HDMI.2.0 support works for the Toshiba since there are no sources yet therefore they are also 4K half-useless for the time being. The main reason for my decision was the 9700 PQ and full LED local dimming and also the promise from LG that they will do something to support 60Hz 4K for early adopter. I assume this includes both models. From what I read when it comes to PQ the 9700 compared to 9650 is day and night. So in your case the decision is even tougher but I would be leaning more towards to Toshiba in this case.
post #79 of 90 Old 02-28-2014, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmat2011 View Post

I compared them, I was mostly focused on the 9700 LG series but the 9650 was the only one I could find locally for a while...the Toshiba looked very tempting at the cheap prices I found it...definitely the cheapest 65" you can get (excluding Seiki and some other cheap models that I never even considered). The biggest differences I saw had to do with black levels, even though both are edge lit local dimmers, the Toshiba seemed to suffer a lot more. Also, the picture on the Toshiba looked a bit softer to me, it could be the upscaler settings needed to be tweaked. The other reason for me was esthetics, the Toshiba is thicker and bulkier/heavier, I preferred the cleaner look of the LG. There is a review that touches on comparisons to other brands here:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/toshiba-l9300u-review/

For the price I think the Toshiba is a great set, and has HDMI 2.0 now (even though you can't do anything with it yet, it's good to know you have it for when it is relevant). You also get a slightly larger screen with the 58".

Of course if you have a current TV that works I would wait at this point, the next gen sets from Toshiba, LG, etc are all going to be shipping within the next couple of months...good luck!
post #80 of 90 Old 03-02-2014, 06:51 AM

Thanks for your replies guys, I want a 3d led tv with good color rendition and good black levels. I actually prefer passive 3d, that's the only reason why i don't want the toshiba. The Lg might not have great black levels as the Toshiba but it is brighter and colors look amazing as i read that in one of the reviews. The LG looks more stylish than the Toshiba, my next set will be my main entertainment tv so i need to make the right choice. Im actually second thoughts now,I was at my local best store and saw the Lg 55LA9700 and was blown by the picture quality. A friend of mine owns a furniture store, gets his electronics from the biggest distributor in the Midwest he'll be going tomorrow to the wearhouse and i got until today to decide which one to get. Did you guys notice any light bleeding on the LA9700 or the L9300U?

Emmat2011
post #81 of 90 Old 03-22-2014, 04:58 PM

Hi Emmat2011,

I don't understand what you mean by LG is passive and Toshiba is Active.....  read the info on the Toshiba.  It is passive and 1080p per eye.

At $2500+ free shipping on Ebay, it's a bargain at 65" compared to what you'd pay for the LG 55"

post #82 of 90 Old 03-22-2014, 05:06 PM

By the way, I saw the 58" at Costco and it looked phenomenal with 4K images. (far better than any 1080p LED at Costco in any size)

I did not see video. So, I could not tell how well it performed in terms of motion.

However, I own a Toshiba Regza Fully backlit Cinema 240hz and have never seen any problems with motion.

The Toshiba is supposedly 240hz and LG is 120hz.  Probably not much of a difference.

The Toshiba supposedly has a quad processor and dual processor for different functions (6 CPUs).

The Toshiba is already HDMI 2.0 and ready for 4k content.  Others, you have to wait for a software (firmware) upgrade.

The L9300U has local dimming with multiple zones. There is some tweaking to get this to work correctly.

I did not see the Costco price. So, can't tell you that.

post #83 of 90 Old 03-24-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormosaSavage View Post

Hi Emmat2011,

I don't understand what you mean by LG is passive and Toshiba is Active.....  read the info on the Toshiba.  It is passive and 1080p per eye.
At $2500+ free shipping on Ebay, it's a bargain at 65" compared to what you'd pay for the LG 55"

He's probably looking at the 58" Toshiba, which is Active.
post #84 of 90 Old 03-24-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

He's probably looking at the 58" Toshiba, which is Active.
That's correct, my first choice was the 58L9300U but was disappointed when I read that it was Active 3d and the 65 inch model was too big for my space. I bought the 55LA9700 and have no regrets.

Emmat2011
post #85 of 90 Old 04-05-2014, 11:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 70
This is the weirdest UHD TV of 2013. It gets some horrible reviews that look credible:

http://televisions.reviewed.com/content/toshiba-65l9300u-uhd-tv-review

Then it gets an essentially glowing review just a few days ago that has got to be one of the most detailed TV reviews I have seen, although from an unlikely site (the author normally does computer monitor reviews):

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/toshiba-65l9300u-4k-hdtv-review,3768.html

Then Toshiba drops it (no info anywhere on Toshiba.com except under support) even though the replacement L9400 is not expected until July. It's being blown out on eBay and some approved vendors.
post #86 of 90 Old 04-07-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ball View Post

This is the weirdest UHD TV of 2013. It gets some horrible reviews that look credible:

http://televisions.reviewed.com/content/toshiba-65l9300u-uhd-tv-review

Then it gets an essentially glowing review just a few days ago that has got to be one of the most detailed TV reviews I have seen, although from an unlikely site (the author normally does computer monitor reviews):

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/toshiba-65l9300u-4k-hdtv-review,3768.html

Then Toshiba drops it (no info anywhere on Toshiba.com except under support) even though the replacement L9400 is not expected until July. It's being blown out on eBay and some approved vendors.

Yeah this set is definitely the weirdest of the bunch, but you could find some great bargains on it way before the other manufacturers starting doing major price drops. That first review sounds like it's from a hardcore plasma fan, he's just hating on the usual LCD panel shortcomings and on lack of 4k content -- which I've heard enough of from reviewers, I know there is a lack of content just tell me how the TV performs..I don't need help with the decision of whether the lack of content makes it worth the price or not and a low score because of that...CNET has been hating on 4k over this and wont shut up about it, wish they would just measure the TV performance and nothing more..

I looked at the Toshiba and considered it, it isn't bad at all by any means...the black levels were the biggest reason I went with the LG over it, and I thought it looked bulkier and not as stylish...but for the price this is probably the better value.
post #87 of 90 Old 04-07-2014, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 70
One eBay "vendor" and Buydig.com (approved vendor) have the Toshiba 65" for $2999 with free shipping and maybe no tax depending on your state. You can bet I have studied this one very hard.

If anyone wants to go Buydig, the $1000 discount does not appear until just before you confirm your order. So, you have to go through MOST of the checkout before the price appears.

One thing I like about the LG LA9700 and LA9650 is that they will play ALL 4K files, even 60Hz, via USB [Edit: actually they were not 60Hz files]. So, I was able to run a pile of test files at the store. Fry's had the 65" 9650 for $2798 (in-store price, not advertised), so I "bought" one, but I have 3 days before they deliver during which I plan to go back and study my choice a bit more. I know it's edge lit unlike the 9700 and the one review shows pretty awful black levels, but the same report found the 9700 about the same.

To tell the truth, as attractive as 4K looks, it is so early in the development cycle I may just settle for a "decent" 1080P set for a couple of years and save my money for later.

Toshiba owners, study that Tom's Hardware review linked in my earlier message. He has the settings down. A little hard to understand, but he figured them out. Movie mode with just gray scale tweaks, no CMS tweaks (see bottom page 3). Later on he goes over dynamic lighting and contrast settings.
post #88 of 90 Old 04-12-2014, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34

has anyone verified this set will play the 4k streams from Netfix? They began last Sunday, see here

http://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-begins-4k-streams/

post #89 of 90 Old 04-15-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega509 View Post

has anyone verified this set will play the 4k streams from Netfix? They began last Sunday, see here

http://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-begins-4k-streams/

I wish it did.
post #90 of 90 Old 05-11-2014, 01:33 AM

So anyone else have any feed back on the unit since it's been quite a while now?
I found an openbox unit at costco for 2300$, I don't think i can pass it up for that price... I returned the plasma I bought there, and had bought a UN65EH6000F from fry's which was a display model with 404 hours on it for 930$ (stellar price). But after seeing the deal at costco, and the fact that there is now HDMI 2.0, I think it makes the buy a no brainer. The only thing that concerned me when I was watching the TV at costco was the fact that scrolling text on this unit didn not look as clear as the text on the 240HZ samsung. The stream was only 1080P, but still, does anyone have issues with blurring on action movies and what not?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Toshiba 84l9300u 84 Inch 4k Ultrahd 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Toshiba 65l9300u 65 Inch 4k Ultrahd 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Toshiba 58l9300u 58 Inch 4k Ultrahd 240hz 3d Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page