Samsung 40" SMART TV vs SONY 40"(NON_SMART) + BDP S5100 (wifi) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a 40" sony TV and BDPs 5100 from costco. I am trying to use this combo as a smart tv. How do i use the webbrowser functionality? I was looking to buy the samsung smart TV but the Sony salesman at costco mentioned that i could get this combo and use it as a smart tv. What would you guys recommend? I dont have a use for a blu ray player, but please let me know which one would be better for a smart tv? (like i could go to google and search for some old movies etc and watch?? Please advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1731 Post(s)
Liked: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by IONIZED View Post

I just got a 40" sony TV and BDPs 5100 from costco. I am trying to use this combo as a smart tv. How do i use the webbrowser functionality? I was looking to buy the samsung smart TV but the Sony salesman at costco mentioned that i could get this combo and use it as a smart tv. What would you guys recommend? I dont have a use for a blu ray player, but please let me know which one would be better for a smart tv? (like i could go to google and search for some old movies etc and watch?? Please advise.

I have the BDP-S5100 and it is a great device overall. I use it as my primary "smart" interface, even though my Vizio M-series TV has similar functions. The Sony Blu-ray player has a browser and it has a ton of channels. If you feel like splurging a bit, the PS3 is a great choice. I don't consider it important to have smart features built into a TV, and even if they are there, sometimes it's better to use a separate device, depending on your viewing habits.

Find out more about Mark Henninger at www.imagicdigital.com

Tags
Samsung Un40f6400 40 Inch 3d Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia S Series Kdl 40s5100 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv