Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE857U vs. Samsung UN60F7100AFXZA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-02-2013, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi everyone,

I bought the Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE857U last friday and got it delivered yesterday, since I was in the store I couldn't decide between the Samsung UN60F7100AFXZA or the Sharp, both 60" and great picture. I have the opportunity to send the Sharp back and get the Samsung but I don't know if that's a good decision. The only significant difference I found so far is that Samsung offers micro dimming while Sharp doesn't. I picked the Sharp because I heard really bad things about Samsung's reliability over time and Sharp being part of the Magnolia offering in Bestbuy made me think it would be a better deal. I'm concerned about the input lag for video games, so far in standard AV, Sharp's about 100ms and 30ms when in game mode. I don't know the Samsung's input lag, does anybody knows? So which one do you think is a better choice for cable TV, gaming and movies, Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE857U or Samsung UN60F7100AFXZA? 

Thanks

Mike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-03-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenautilius View Post

Hi everyone,

I bought the Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE857U last friday and got it delivered yesterday, since I was in the store I couldn't decide between the Samsung UN60F7100AFXZA or the Sharp, both 60" and great picture. I have the opportunity to send the Sharp back and get the Samsung but I don't know if that's a good decision. The only significant difference I found so far is that Samsung offers micro dimming while Sharp doesn't. I picked the Sharp because I heard really bad things about Samsung's reliability over time and Sharp being part of the Magnolia offering in Bestbuy made me think it would be a better deal. I'm concerned about the input lag for video games, so far in standard AV, Sharp's about 100ms and 30ms when in game mode. I don't know the Samsung's input lag, does anybody knows? So which one do you think is a better choice for cable TV, gaming and movies, Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE857U or Samsung UN60F7100AFXZA? 

Thanks
Mike.

Was kind of in the same situation as you, except that I bought and had delivered a 80lc850, but after a failed install, I decided to pony up an additional 1k and go with the 75F7100. We'll see...

endlessly (and mindlessly) in pursuit of clarity and precision
post #3 of 3 Old 12-03-2013, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBringer View Post

Was kind of in the same situation as you, except that I bought and had delivered a 80lc850, but after a failed install, I decided to pony up an additional 1k and go with the 75F7100. We'll see...

Wow, I was only considering doing it because the price of both were close but 1k more is definitely out of my budget. Do you consider the Samsung to be a better TV than the Sharp?

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un60f7100 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page