Which 65" 1080p HDTV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-07-2013, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to buy a 65" HDTV. Which set would the forum recommend? Please take into account PQ, build quality, tech service,
performance etc. Not interested in a 4K unit and price will not be the dominant factor. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1801 Post(s)
Liked: 3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaltros View Post

Looking to buy a 65" HDTV. Which set would the forum recommend? Please take into account PQ, build quality, tech service,
performance etc. Not interested in a 4K unit and price will not be the dominant factor. Thanks in advance.

This top 9 list of LED-lit LCD HDTVs was compiled with the help/input of AVS members.

Mark Henninger
post #3 of 3 Old 12-09-2013, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was also looking for the best 65" HDTV and bought the Sony KDL-65W850A. I'm a big gamer and a gaming website recommended this TV so that was the key reason I picked this model, 18 ms response time. Prior to buying it I didn't care if it came with 3D or not but now that I've tried the 3D movies and gaming it's amazing.

I'm not hard core enough about TVs to be able to describe the TV to you using the correct nomenclature but I did have to play with the picture settings to get the color to what I thought looked the best and most realistic. Out of the box it seems like the TV was set on some wimpy energy savings settings or something giving a dull picture and after getting to the picture menu I just adjusted the settings one at a time looking at the image on the TV until the image came alive and looks fabulous now.

I'm looking around the web for reviews of this TV and proper settings by people in the know so I can compare to my settings. This TV came with 2 remotes which seems stupid and it also comes with one year free to both netflix and huluplus. It also came with four pairs of 3D glasses which I'm sure my kids will ruin or lose quickly so I should look at buying some more from Amazon or other. I paid $2500 so I'm sure you can find a better deal because every time I buy something a better deal comes along right afterwards.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Kdl65w850a 65 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page