Help Spend My Money (Wisely) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-12-2013, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

So folks, here's my predicament.

I am in the market for a new TV and have narrowed it down to a brand, Samsung. I am looking for a 48-55" LCD TV and sit about 5-10' away. So far so good, right?

What I really need help on is which model to get. I was looking at the F8000, F7500. & F7000 but for the life of me I dont really know the difference between them except better processors and a fancy remote. Do these things really make a difference? All I really do is watch HD Sports on TV, HD TV Shows, and PS3 Gaming. I dont really watch too many movies. At the same time I want something that is really going to wow me. I want to be able to watch the Super Bowl & World Cup next year and feel like Im there.

Which brings me to another question. Should I wait till the new models come out? Wait for the Super Bowl deals or just get one now?

Ideally I would like to spend up to $2000. The lesser the better. Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks,

Metro

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-13-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro812 View Post

So folks, here's my predicament.

I am in the market for a new TV and have narrowed it down to a brand, Samsung. I am looking for a 48-55" LCD TV and sit about 5-10' away. So far so good, right?

What I really need help on is which model to get. I was looking at the F8000, F7500. & F7000 but for the life of me I dont really know the difference between them except better processors and a fancy remote. Do these things really make a difference? All I really do is watch HD Sports on TV, HD TV Shows, and PS3 Gaming. I dont really watch too many movies. At the same time I want something that is really going to wow me. I want to be able to watch the Super Bowl & World Cup next year and feel like Im there.

Which brings me to another question. Should I wait till the new models come out? Wait for the Super Bowl deals or just get one now?

Ideally I would like to spend up to $2000. The lesser the better. Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks,
Metro
I know this is the LED section and I had my fair share of LED TVs, the latest was a Samsung 60es7500.

If you want the best picture possible and want to keep it under $2,000 I would look at the Panasonioc 60ST60. $1,499 from Amazon.

The video game lag is not the greatest on that TV but for the average gamer they say it is fine.

For better gaming lag and a step up look at the 55VT60 and 60VT60. One of the best TVs ever made. Both sizes are under $2,000 right now from Amazon.

Just wanted to throw that out there. If you are set on the LED, just know the 7500 and 8000 offer the evolution kit option to upgrade the smart features in the future. As far as differences. I believe they all offer a different level of dimming with the 8000 offering the best option. Also, I think the 7500 and 8000 offer an option for true black bars in widescreen. Not sure if the 7000 or 7100 offer that. It might. As you move up what you should be getting is better blacks and also better motion.

The plasma's I suggested are better then any of these LEDs quite honestly though. If you want to feel like you are at the game and have an LED, just make sure you don't have a seat on the side of the TV as the picture gets washed out when you sit off axis.

At 10ft away I would not look at anything smaller then a 55".
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Ue40f8000 , Samsung Electronics Bd F7500 Blu Ray Disc Player , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page