AVS Forum banner
4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  6athome 
#1 ·
It is my fathers 60th in Feb and I want to buy him a 4k tv in either 70 or 75 inch size.

Any advice please? If there is more than one which is the best?

Thanks

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farris  /t/1505535/is-there-a-75-inch-4k-lcd-television#post_24073474

It is my fathers 60th in Feb and I want to buy him a 4k tv in either 70 or 75 inch size.

Any advice please? If there is more than one which is the best?

Thanks

Hi Farris. Sharp has the only 70" 4k set that is out right now. There is a thread on AVS but last time I looked no owners. Chad did a calibration and basically said it was a good set. Vizio is supposed to release a 70" 4k in the first quarter of 2014. The Sharp uses active glasses and the Vizio passive which is my choice. I'm waiting for a set in the 70" range myself and will wait to see what is announced at the 2014 CES.

#3 ·
Just saw the Sharp 70UD1U 4K set with some 4k demo material, detail was stunning as you'd expect, size was awesome! Screen wise it's a lot less reflective than a Sony 65X900A, that being said the screen was slightly reflective. I doubt it would be an issue in a normal room unless you live in the South West and have large windows.

#4 ·
Thanks Guys

The large borders on the Sharp, make it far less aesthetically pleasing compared to the Samsung 9000 Series.

If his birthday is on the 28th of Feb, will more models likely be revealed by then? I am hoping for a 4k 75inch Samsung.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farris  /t/1505535/is-there-a-75-inch-4k-lcd-television#post_24074910

Thanks Guys

The large borders on the Sharp, make it far less aesthetically pleasing compared to the Samsung 9000 Series.

If his birthday is on the 28th of Feb, will more models likely be revealed by then? I am hoping for a 4k 75inch Samsung.

I'll be keeping an eye on your post to see what you get for your father. You must be a great son (smile).

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farris  /t/1505535/is-there-a-75-inch-4k-lcd-television#post_24228081

After CES can anyone advise when a 4k 75 or 78 inch will be available for purchase?

It's about time you posted again (lol). Sony has Spring listed for their 79" set. I'm not sure about the 75" Samsung. Is your father interested in 3D? If so, passive or active?

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farris  /t/1505535/is-there-a-75-inch-4k-lcd-television#post_24366004

Any update on when the 75" samsung U8850 models will be available to buy?

Samsung is in talks with Innolux for a 75 inch 4K panel.

Innolux to produce 75-inch Ultra HD TV panels

Julian Ho, Taipei; Adam Hwang, DIGITIMES [Wednesday 11 December 2013]

Innolux is poised to produce 75-inch Ultra HD LCD TV panels in 2014 and has been in talks with Sony and Samsung Electronics over orders for the new products, according to sources with Taiwan's supply chain.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20131211PD206.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.