2014 Vizio Thread All models - Page 140 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4171 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Newbie
 
light200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by light200 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by Stoopalini 

M-Series reviews are up on CNET. Here is the M602i-B3: http://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-m602i-b3/

I have to say I expected the M series to shine a little brighter than the E series, but overall still a glowing review. I know one particular person on here will be upset with the 42ms game mode lag. It looks like sony is in trouble being bested by a much cheaper tv

I got my 602i-B3 yesterday, and made the custom setting like the cnet article set them on his calibration page....and the picture looked horrible. it was dark, blurry, colors were not good, blah blah blah....it just sucked. are these settings cnet posted supposed to be the instrument calibrated settings that are supposed to knock my socks off? they just didnt look nearly as good as some of the manufacturer presets? am i missing something here?
Sorry if this question belongs somewhere else in the forum, please direct me as I am new...

But I am wondering if there are settings that would in anyway shorten the life of my new M series, like make the backlight 100 and I get less life out of it? Or any color setting, brightness, contrast, etc etc....having them set a certain way will diminish the useable life of my TV? I obviously want a great picture, and I want it to pop with color and brightness, thats just the style I like watching....so I found some settings with backlight 100, color way up, etc etc....but just want to make sure this will not hurt the TV in any way?

Last edited by light200; 06-16-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: new info
light200 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4172 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
primetimeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 3,876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by light200 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by light200 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by Stoopalini 

M-Series reviews are up on CNET. Here is the M602i-B3: http://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-m602i-b3/

I have to say I expected the M series to shine a little brighter than the E series, but overall still a glowing review. I know one particular person on here will be upset with the 42ms game mode lag. It looks like sony is in trouble being bested by a much cheaper tv

I got my 602i-B3 yesterday, and made the custom setting like the cnet article set them on his calibration page....and the picture looked horrible. it was dark, blurry, colors were not good, blah blah blah....it just sucked. are these settings cnet posted supposed to be the instrument calibrated settings that are supposed to knock my socks off? they just didnt look nearly as good as some of the manufacturer presets? am i missing something here?
Sorry if this question belongs somewhere else in the forum, please direct me as I am new...

But I am wondering if there are settings that would in anyway shorten the life of my new M series, like make the backlight 100 and I get less life out of it? Or any color setting, brightness, contrast, etc etc....having them set a certain way will diminish the useable life of my TV? I obviously want a great picture, and I want it to pop with color and brightness, thats just the style I like watching....so I found some settings with backlight 100, color way up, etc etc....but just want to make sure this will not hurt the TV in any way?
Probably hurt your eyes more than anything. :-)
primetimeguy is online now  
post #4173 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Member
 
Blaque Flag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 38
With CCFL TV's and the like you might have to worry, but LED has much less of that worry with it.
Blaque Flag is offline  
post #4174 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 02:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,782
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 975 Post(s)
Liked: 775
The Samsung H6350s are direct-lit? Which 2014 models from all manufacturers are FALD or direct-lit?

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #4175 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Drlink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickl712 View Post
I'm curious if the people that bought the m602i-b3 are glad they did or if they wished they waited for the P-series? And how many people are holding off on buying a set until the P comes out to compare? I don't really care about the 4Ktv but there are reasons to suspect PQ may be better with the additional zones (and perhaps better dimming) so I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on the M.
Count me as one waiting for the P Series to come out...if for no other reason than the extremely low latency gaming mode Vizio was proclaiming at CES.

PSN ID: Kranin
Drlink is online now  
post #4176 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,844
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
The Samsung H6350s are direct-lit? Which 2014 models from all manufacturers are FALD or direct-lit?

I believe the high end Sony and H9000 for Samsung are the only ones outside of Vizio for FALD sets. I could be wrong though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ph8te is online now  
post #4177 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 02:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 10,128
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I believe the high end Sony and H9000 for Samsung are the only ones outside of Vizio for FALD sets. I could be wrong though.
The H9000 is FALD? The only Samsung I know of that is FALD is the 80+" S9.
Stereodude is offline  
post #4178 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blackssr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,623
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
I like the availability of full array local dimming, the reference series having 384 zones and the lower end having 96 zones. This is the kind of improvement and smart R&D I like to see vs. wasted resources spent on 3D. It's over, the 3D fad is done.
I agree. 3D is dying. I hate those annoying glasses but fun anyway

Last edited by blackssr; 07-01-2014 at 03:03 PM.
blackssr is offline  
post #4179 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,844
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

I believe the high end Sony and H9000 for Samsung are the only ones outside of Vizio for FALD sets. I could be wrong though.
The H9000 is FALD? The only Samsung I know of that is FALD is the 80+" S9.

No you are correct it was the S9 my apologies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ph8te is online now  
post #4180 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
The Samsung H6350s are direct-lit? Which 2014 models from all manufacturers are FALD or direct-lit?

The Samsung H6400 is also direct lit. And of course you're aware of the Toshiba 55L7400U.


I'm thinking the high end UHD Panasonic also has a FALD design in addition to the Sony, but in terms of relative affordability I'm thinking Vizio and the Toshiba are it for FALD.

Samsung UN48H6350
Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
venus933 is online now  
post #4181 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Member
 
Nukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbryner View Post
Forgive me. I've been following this thread for the past couple if weeks and I still can't figure out what advantage the M series has over the E. Seems that PQ is on par, if not better on the E. Black levels are the same story. I haven't read of real complaints about viewing angles on the E. So what advantage does the M series give?

I've been following this thread for a long time too and I'm not getting the same impressions. The M-Series has superior build quality, twice the "effective refresh rate", twice the dimming zones and something called "Active Pixel Tuning", an advanced dimming feature.
Yes, but what real world advantages do those things result in? According to the C-Net review, the picture quality is almost the same.
Nukem is online now  
post #4182 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 05:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,782
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 975 Post(s)
Liked: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukem View Post
Yes, but what real world advantages do those things result in? According to the C-Net review, the picture quality is almost the same.
By all means, buy an E-Series. There are many people in this thread who are perfectly happy with theirs.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #4183 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
Maltby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Seattle
Posts: 727
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbryner View Post
Forgive me. I've been following this thread for the past couple if weeks and I still can't figure out what advantage the M series has over the E. Seems that PQ is on par, if not better on the E. Black levels are the same story. I haven't read of real complaints about viewing angles on the E. So what advantage does the M series give?

I've been following this thread for a long time too and I'm not getting the same impressions. The M-Series has superior build quality, twice the "effective refresh rate", twice the dimming zones and something called "Active Pixel Tuning", an advanced dimming feature.
Yes, but what real world advantages do those things result in? According to the C-Net review, the picture quality is almost the same.

I have been wondering about this as well, especially that doubling the number of zones seemed to make no difference. Hopefully quadrupling the zones will make a difference.

The films of De Sica, of Welles, of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger made little money and endure as spiritual delights.
--David Mamet
Maltby is offline  
post #4184 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
archer75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,719
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbryner View Post
Forgive me. I've been following this thread for the past couple if weeks and I still can't figure out what advantage the M series has over the E. Seems that PQ is on par, if not better on the E. Black levels are the same story. I haven't read of real complaints about viewing angles on the E. So what advantage does the M series give?

I've been following this thread for a long time too and I'm not getting the same impressions. The M-Series has superior build quality, twice the "effective refresh rate", twice the dimming zones and something called "Active Pixel Tuning", an advanced dimming feature.
Yes, but what real world advantages do those things result in? According to the C-Net review, the picture quality is almost the same.
The active dimming on the E series doesn’t work. It creates weird video ribbing and such depending on the scene. On the M series it works. You also get better shadow detail on the M.

It's $220 more than the E at Costco(60" model) and IMO worth it.

HTPC: Intel e6300 2.8ghz, Intel DG45ID, 2gb DDR2, Radeon 5570, MCE IR receiver, Yamaha RX-V663 receiver via HDMI, panasonic ax100u, 145" S-I-L-V-E-R painted screen, 2x Roku 3's, chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Vizio M602i-B3
archer75 is offline  
post #4185 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,782
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 975 Post(s)
Liked: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post
The active dimming on the E series doesn’t work. It creates weird video ribbing and such depending on the scene.
That was not observed in the review at CNET (by an "ISF certified, NIST trained" calibrator who developed CNET's TV testing procedure).

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #4186 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
archer75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,719
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post
The active dimming on the E series doesn’t work. It creates weird video ribbing and such depending on the scene.
That was not observed in the review at CNET (by an "ISF certified, NIST trained" calibrator who developed CNET's TV testing procedure).
No, it wasn't. But it has been reported by many owners here. Including myself.

The issue isn't present all the time. It depends on the scene. Turning active dimming off got rid of it and didn't diminish the picture quality at all.

I wondered if it was just me but so many other people had the issue too.

HTPC: Intel e6300 2.8ghz, Intel DG45ID, 2gb DDR2, Radeon 5570, MCE IR receiver, Yamaha RX-V663 receiver via HDMI, panasonic ax100u, 145" S-I-L-V-E-R painted screen, 2x Roku 3's, chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Vizio M602i-B3

Last edited by archer75; 06-16-2014 at 05:34 PM.
archer75 is offline  
post #4187 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Member
 
rsteagal100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
The H9000 is FALD? The only Samsung I know of that is FALD is the 80+" S9.
No the HU9000 is edge lit.
rsteagal100 is offline  
post #4188 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 05:57 PM
Senior Member
 
vid33nyc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleigh,NC
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post
No, it wasn't. But it has been reported by many owners here. Including myself.

The issue isn't present all the time. It depends on the scene. Turning active dimming off got rid of it and didn't diminish the picture quality at all.

I wondered if it was just me but so many other people had the issue too.
I also have the weird video ribbing effect on the 60in.I leave the Active Led zones option on because of the better blacks.But yeah you do see it depending on the scene.It is still a great LED TV overall though.Nice gaming set too.

vid33nyc1 is offline  
post #4189 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Senior Member
 
superkyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 113
So I have seen a few people post that they ordered the m652i-b2 from vizio directly I assume. (Mainly bc I believe that is the only place that has them in stock minus maybe amazon) I am curious to know how it compares to the 60". I am awaiting the P series for my video room, however I'm considering buying the 65" for the loving room, however from what I hear the cream of the crop is the 60". Does anyone have any insight to this?
superkyle is offline  
post #4190 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
That was not observed in the review at CNET (by an "ISF certified, NIST trained" calibrator who developed CNET's TV testing procedure).
Perhaps somewhere between Katzmaier's judgement and what archer and some others have noted lies the truth for a typical set. Katzmaier is my number guy but I'm looking forward to other reviews sans Greenwald at PC Mag. Well I guess I'm hoping the active pixel tuning and the additional zones make more of a difference than he gives credit.

Samsung UN48H6350
Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
venus933 is online now  
post #4191 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 07:02 PM
Member
 
Cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: JAX
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle View Post
So I have seen a few people post that they ordered the m652i-b2 from vizio directly I assume. (Mainly bc I believe that is the only place that has them in stock minus maybe amazon) I am curious to know how it compares to the 60". I am awaiting the P series for my video room, however I'm considering buying the 65" for the loving room, however from what I hear the cream of the crop is the 60". Does anyone have any insight to this?
If I had a loving room I may not care what kind of TV I had in there!
Cabby is offline  
post #4192 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post
No, it wasn't. But it has been reported by many owners here. Including myself.

The issue isn't present all the time. It depends on the scene. Turning active dimming off got rid of it and didn't diminish the picture quality at all.

I wondered if it was just me but so many other people had the issue too.
Archer, do you notice any of the flashing that azcompany (he has a 42" E series with 6 dimming zones) has reported when watching movies with subtitles on Netflix. If you haven't watched a movie with subtitles could you when have a chance? It would be greatly appreciated (same goes to other M series owners). I would really like to know if this still happens on a M series with 32 zones.

As much as I have praise the M series this would probably be a deal breaker for me. Though I plan on getting the P series I figure if this isn't an issue on the M series then it'll likely not be an issue on its bigger brother.

Samsung UN48H6350
Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
venus933 is online now  
post #4193 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Member
 
Nukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
By all means, buy an E-Series. There are many people in this thread who are perfectly happy with theirs.
I have the 60" but was kind of kicking myself for not waiting on the M until I read the Cnet review.
Nukem is online now  
post #4194 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Member
 
Nukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post
The active dimming on the E series doesn’t work. It creates weird video ribbing and such depending on the scene. On the M series it works. You also get better shadow detail on the M.

It's $220 more than the E at Costco(60" model) and IMO worth it.
I don't get that on my 60" E. The only problem I have is a small bit of darkening at the corners, that isn't visible on anything but a white screen. I understand that the M has this also.
Nukem is online now  
post #4195 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Member
 
falkor1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I purchased the 55" E and took it back because even after calibrating there seemed to be a red hue on everyone.
I was waiting for the 60" M and after reading the cnet review I don't know if it's worth the extra $300 or whatever it is.
I am trying to decide if it's worth waiting out for the P series or just go ahead and get the 60" E and try to get the red hue out again.
falkor1104 is offline  
post #4196 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
archer75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,719
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukem View Post
I don't get that on my 60" E. The only problem I have is a small bit of darkening at the corners, that isn't visible on anything but a white screen. I understand that the M has this also.
It can also look like a flashing. Sometimes like the active zones are slow to respond to scenes.

HTPC: Intel e6300 2.8ghz, Intel DG45ID, 2gb DDR2, Radeon 5570, MCE IR receiver, Yamaha RX-V663 receiver via HDMI, panasonic ax100u, 145" S-I-L-V-E-R painted screen, 2x Roku 3's, chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Vizio M602i-B3
archer75 is offline  
post #4197 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
archer75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,719
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post
Archer, do you notice any of the flashing that azcompany (he has a 42" E series with 6 dimming zones) has reported when watching movies with subtitles on Netflix. If you haven't watched a movie with subtitles could you when have a chance? It would be greatly appreciated (same goes to other M series owners). I would really like to know if this still happens on a M series with 32 zones.

As much as I have praise the M series this would probably be a deal breaker for me. Though I plan on getting the P series I figure if this isn't an issue on the M series then it'll likely not be an issue on its bigger brother.
I returned my E series. But there's no issues with subs in Netflix on the M series.
venus933 likes this.

HTPC: Intel e6300 2.8ghz, Intel DG45ID, 2gb DDR2, Radeon 5570, MCE IR receiver, Yamaha RX-V663 receiver via HDMI, panasonic ax100u, 145" S-I-L-V-E-R painted screen, 2x Roku 3's, chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Vizio M602i-B3
archer75 is offline  
post #4198 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Senior Member
 
vid33nyc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleigh,NC
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukem View Post
I don't get that on my 60" E. The only problem I have is a small bit of darkening at the corners, that isn't visible on anything but a white screen. I understand that the M has this also.
Oh its there.Maybe you just haven't payed much attention to it.I even went back to costco this weekend and exchanged it for another(defect in audio out) and it does the same thing.Its not all that distracting really.If you don't know what to look for most people wont even notice it.

vid33nyc1 is offline  
post #4199 of 5921 Old 06-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
superkyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
If I had a loving room I may not care what kind of TV I had in there!
Haha touché. I believe the room you are referring to is what we laymen call the bed room 😎
superkyle is offline  
post #4200 of 5921 Old 06-17-2014, 08:46 AM
Member
 
kenatug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by light200 View Post
I got my 602i-B3 yesterday, and made the custom setting like the cnet article set them on his calibration page....and the picture looked horrible. it was dark, blurry, colors were not good, blah blah blah....it just sucked. are these settings cnet posted supposed to be the instrument calibrated settings that are supposed to knock my socks off? they just didnt look nearly as good as some of the manufacturer presets? am i missing something here?
I, too, was not happy using the CNET's calibration settings, and I have tried them on two of the 602i-B3 sets. To my eye they gave people a very oversaturated sunburned look. It would be impossible to adjust all of those color tuner settings without equipment, so for now I have left their 11-point white balance settings but eliminated all of the color tuner settings. All I have on that screen now is -15 for the Green offset and -25 for the Green gain, and my Tint setting is -10. That eliminated the greenish tint I was getting on the skin tones. With those adjustments I am now getting skin tones that look good to me, and are pretty consistent channel to channel; definitely better than what I got with the CNET settings. I'm really not sure why. I'm hoping that there will be more professional calibrations posted that I can try to get it even better.
kenatug is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Panasonic Th 58px60u 58 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Vizio
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off