2014 Vizio Thread All models - Page 142 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > LCD Flat Panel Displays > 2014 Vizio Thread All models

LCD Flat Panel Displays

Rf13's Avatar Rf13
11:32 AM Liked: 75
post #4231 of 5936
06-19-2014 | Posts: 618
Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post
Where is the 2014 E and M series 70 inch models? Ive looked at amazon but seems all are 2013 models?
not available yet it seems, but i believe they should be showing up soon hopefully along with the p series
Andy_H's Avatar Andy_H
11:33 AM Liked: 14
post #4232 of 5936
06-19-2014 | Posts: 119
Joined: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post
Where is the 2014 E and M series 70 inch models? Ive looked at amazon but seems all are 2013 models?
They have been announced, but are not released yet. I would look first at the Vizio store on their website. Sets have first appeared in their online store before being seen in the wild at Costco/Sam's/Walmart/Best Buy or on Amazon.

I am waiting for the M series 70". Based on info a few posts up, I want to confirm the light output in nits from the manual to see that the M series is brighter than the E series in this size.
nezff's Avatar nezff
11:48 AM Liked: 30
post #4233 of 5936
06-19-2014 | Posts: 4,304
Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_H View Post
They have been announced, but are not released yet. I would look first at the Vizio store on their website. Sets have first appeared in their online store before being seen in the wild at Costco/Sam's/Walmart/Best Buy or on Amazon.

I am waiting for the M series 70". Based on info a few posts up, I want to confirm the light output in nits from the manual to see that the M series is brighter than the E series in this size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf13 View Post
not available yet it seems, but i believe they should be showing up soon hopefully along with the p series
I know Cnet rated them as having great blacks for the price.
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te
11:50 AM Liked: 616
post #4234 of 5936
06-19-2014 | Posts: 10,047
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post
Where is the 2014 E and M series 70 inch models? Ive looked at amazon but seems all are 2013 models?

The manual for the 70 E has been posted, I believe the last time we saw this the release of the set was a week or two away.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
primetimeguy's Avatar primetimeguy
12:27 PM Liked: 157
post #4235 of 5936
06-19-2014 | Posts: 3,929
Joined: Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post
Where is the 2014 E and M series 70 inch models? Ive looked at amazon but seems all are 2013 models?
Not out yet. Either waiting for existing inventory to clear or trying to fix the white spot issue.
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott
01:42 PM Liked: 808
post #4236 of 5936
06-19-2014 | Posts: 18,020
Joined: Aug 2001
I'd been checking Amazon's listings from time to time and over the past two days the number of 2014 Vizio's has changed from 17 to 19 (see this). They're listing the same 4 M-Series so it must be E-Series models. It's possible that they just duplicated a couple.
superkyle's Avatar superkyle
04:43 PM Liked: 123
post #4237 of 5936
06-19-2014 | Posts: 417
Joined: Jun 2014
Can anyone explain to me what happened to the 2014 65" M series? I have been waiting for it to reach SAMs Costco or Walmart since it has been on vizios site for two weeks now. I checked the site just a second ago to see if the 70" has been released yet and the 65" was taken off?
lucky1976's Avatar lucky1976
04:53 PM Liked: 11
post #4238 of 5936
06-19-2014 | Posts: 27
Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle View Post
Can anyone explain to me what happened to the 2014 65" M series? I have been waiting for it to reach SAMs Costco or Walmart since it has been on vizios site for two weeks now. I checked the site just a second ago to see if the 70" has been released yet and the 65" was taken off?
Ya I just noticed that the 65in is gone from Vizios site also.
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott
05:25 PM Liked: 808
post #4239 of 5936
06-19-2014 | Posts: 18,020
Joined: Aug 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1976 View Post
Ya I just noticed that the 65in is gone from Vizios site also.
I checked earlier today (looking to see if the 70" or 50" had appeared) and the 65" was there, so it just disappeared in the past few hours.
Eternitay's Avatar Eternitay
06:35 PM Liked: 18
post #4240 of 5936
06-19-2014 | Posts: 60
Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
I checked earlier today (looking to see if the 70" or 50" had appeared) and the 65" was there, so it just disappeared in the past few hours.
Does anyone here have this set on order?
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te
06:41 PM Liked: 616
post #4241 of 5936
06-19-2014 | Posts: 10,047
Joined: Oct 2005
Yes a few people do (the 65)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nightanole's Avatar Nightanole
07:02 AM Liked: 11
post #4242 of 5936
06-20-2014 | Posts: 414
Joined: Aug 2001
Hmm the M602i is on amazon for $1150, or sam's for $1100. Both have free shipping, and i can get an extra year of warranty if i buy with my amex. I cant use my amex in store at sam's, but can online. I wonder how painful it is to return either one, do you have to pay for return shipping and i assume sched a pickup?
holdencain's Avatar holdencain
07:08 AM Liked: 12
post #4243 of 5936
06-20-2014 | Posts: 34
Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightanole View Post
Hmm the M602i is on amazon for $1150, or sam's for $1100. Both have free shipping, and i can get an extra year of warranty if i buy with my amex. I cant use my amex in store at sam's, but can online. I wonder how painful it is to return either one, do you have to pay for return shipping and i assume sched a pickup?
Costco
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te
08:16 AM Liked: 616
post #4244 of 5936
06-20-2014 | Posts: 10,047
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdencain View Post
Costco

I would think if Costco was an option they would have said it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
superkyle's Avatar superkyle
08:36 AM Liked: 123
post #4245 of 5936
06-20-2014 | Posts: 417
Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightanole View Post
Hmm the M602i is on amazon for $1150, or sam's for $1100. Both have free shipping, and i can get an extra year of warranty if i buy with my amex. I cant use my amex in store at sam's, but can online. I wonder how painful it is to return either one, do you have to pay for return shipping and i assume sched a pickup?
Go with SAMs. They make it really easy. Basically you have the 90 days to return it. If you are not happy either return in store or they will send someone to pick it up at no cost to you. They will even ask you for a 4 hour window pickup that is easiest for you. Once you ship the tv off you can call them that day. They will verify that the tv is not in your possession and process the refund early. Still takes around 3 days to hit your account but speeds the process up.
Citivas's Avatar Citivas
08:55 AM Liked: 177
post #4246 of 5936
06-20-2014 | Posts: 2,509
Joined: Oct 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle View Post
Go with SAMs. They make it really easy. Basically you have the 90 days to return it. If you are not happy either return in store or they will send someone to pick it up at no cost to you. They will even ask you for a 4 hour window pickup that is easiest for you. Once you ship the tv off you can call them that day. They will verify that the tv is not in your possession and process the refund early. Still takes around 3 days to hit your account but speeds the process up.
I have bought from both. They actually use the same delivery company for these much of the time so the process is pretty similar. Both will send someone to pick it up with a 4 hour windows. Both give a full refund including shipping costs. And Amazon will price match Sam's -- they have a special "large object:" customer service team that handles these items.

With Sam's you get a 90 day return window as opposed to Amazon's 30 day window. With Amazon, depending on your state, you may or may not have to pay sales tax. I was completely happy with my Amazon TV purchase process, but I got nothing against Sam's either and I do like the longer windows to return.
MoInSTL's Avatar MoInSTL
05:48 PM Liked: 12
post #4247 of 5936
06-20-2014 | Posts: 867
Joined: Nov 2001
FWIW, Coscto has a 90 day return and includes a 2 year warranty. Called the number on their brochure and the tech support person was friendly and assisted me with what I needed to complete the brochure they give you. http://www.costco.com/concierge.html No pick-up though.
baniels's Avatar baniels
05:53 AM Liked: 66
post #4248 of 5936
06-21-2014 | Posts: 1,062
Joined: Oct 2006
The manual for the M702iB3 is available to download.

http://store.vizio.com/documents/dow...UM_M702iB3.pdf

This manual is for both the M602-B3 and the M702i-B3, and it shows 240 nits for both. The manual linked on the 602 page is ONLY for the 602 and it shows 350 nits. This manual could very well be a placeholder with incomplete/inaccurate data, since it isn't officially published.
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te
08:32 AM Liked: 616
post #4249 of 5936
06-21-2014 | Posts: 10,047
Joined: Oct 2005
Think that was posted earlier in the week. But thank you for posting again. Not sure if that's an early version as it's showing what looks like the wrong brightness (nits).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
baniels's Avatar baniels
08:57 AM Liked: 66
post #4250 of 5936
06-21-2014 | Posts: 1,062
Joined: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Think that was posted earlier in the week. But thank you for posting again. Not sure if that's an early version as it's showing what looks like the wrong brightness (nits).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think it was posted before. I've been spamming the url for it daily for weeks.
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te
09:17 AM Liked: 616
post #4251 of 5936
06-21-2014 | Posts: 10,047
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by baniels View Post
I don't think it was posted before. I've been spamming the url for it daily for weeks.
I apologize it was the 70E that was posted not the M.
fafrd's Avatar fafrd
07:42 PM Liked: 764
post #4252 of 5936
06-21-2014 | Posts: 4,245
Joined: Jun 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I apologize it was the 70E that was posted not the M.

Something strange is going on with the larger panel sizes of the E and the M:


M602i-B3 32 LDZ 350 Nit TBD lbs weight ('official' manual from website)
M602i-B3 ?? LDZ 240 Nit 46.36 lbs weight (new 'dual' 60" & 70" manual)
M702i-B3 ?? LDZ 240 Nit 60.56 lbs weight (new 'dual' 60" & 70" manual)
M652i-B2 ?? LDZ 400 Nit 59.97 lbs weight (official 'triple' 49" 55" & 65" manual)


E600i-B3 16 LDZ 210 Nit 46.30 lbs weight (official 'dual' 60" & 70" manual)
E700i-B3 ?? LDZ 210 Nit 57.54 lbs weight (official 'dual' 60" & 70" manual)
E650i-B2 6 LDZ 340 Nit 59.52 lbs weight (official 65" manual)


Would be interesting if someone owning the M602i-B3 could tell us what the actual peak brightness output is - my bet is on 240 Nits.


If these brightness specs for the 60" & 70" E & M Series are correct (210 and 240 Nits), that should translate into an image that is too dim for bright-room viewing when impulse mode (scanning backlight) is activated.


The 65" E appears to be all screwed up due to the small number of local dimming zones. If the M652i-B2 has the full number of 32 (or maybe even 36) LDZs, it looks to be the best panel out of these 6.


It is also probably no coincidence that the 400 Nits of the M652i-B2 is exactly half of the brightness of the 65" Reference Series (half of the LEDs)


p.s. it is really boneheaded that these manuals do not include the specification for the number of LDZs (which appears both on the website as well as the box).
baniels's Avatar baniels
07:51 PM Liked: 66
post #4253 of 5936
06-21-2014 | Posts: 1,062
Joined: Oct 2006
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
p.s. it is really boneheaded that these manuals do not include the specification for the number of LDZs (which appears both on the website as well as the box).

Mysteriouskk's Avatar Mysteriouskk
09:20 PM Liked: 16
post #4254 of 5936
06-21-2014 | Posts: 247
Joined: Nov 2005
Will the P series be out by September?
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott
09:33 PM Liked: 808
post #4255 of 5936
06-21-2014 | Posts: 18,020
Joined: Aug 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteriouskk View Post
Will the P series be out by September?

No one can know for sure, but all but a couple of the announced E- and M-Series models are available and there's a week of June left. Personally, I think that they could start appearing as soon as next month.

Of course, if they're like the E- and M-Series, Vizio will wait until nearly all of the P-Series models are available before "launching" the P-Series with a product showing and press release.
dandiego's Avatar dandiego
10:20 PM Liked: 23
post #4256 of 5936
06-21-2014 | Posts: 94
Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteriouskk View Post
Will the P series be out by September?
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
No one can know for sure, but all but a couple of the announced E- and M-Series models are available and there's a week of June left. Personally, I think that they could start appearing as soon as next month.

Of course, if they're like the E- and M-Series, Vizio will wait until nearly all of the P-Series models are available before "launching" the P-Series with a product showing and press release.
According to Ty Pendlebury at CNET, the P series is due in September: http://www.cnet.com/products/jvc-dm65usr/

"The new Diamond series will come in 55-inch ($999), 65-inch ($1,999), and 85-inch ($7,999) variations, and could rival the Vizio P-series (also due in September) for features if not even picture quality."
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott
12:13 AM Liked: 808
post #4257 of 5936
06-22-2014 | Posts: 18,020
Joined: Aug 2001
Even if he's right, what exactly does "due" mean? On their Facebook page, a Vizio rep stated that the full range of M-Series models would be available this summer (the solstice was today). The first M-Series models shipped a couple of months back and Vizio had a coming out party for it on the 10th. Perhaps they plan for most of them to have shipped by then, but I think that, like the E- and M-Series, they'll roll out gradually, with the final ones hitting the streets in September.
Stereodude's Avatar Stereodude
05:55 AM Liked: 633
post #4258 of 5936
06-22-2014 | Posts: 10,136
Joined: Jan 2002
I'm just excited to see that FALD is spreading!
Edved03
07:56 AM Liked: 1
post #4259 of 5936
06-22-2014 | Posts: 14
Joined: Jun 2014
So how is everyone expecting the jvc diamond series to hold up to the vizio p series. Especially at the 65 inch screen size. Both are made by Amtran? Or am I imagining that? The specs are almost identical as far as I can tell. Mind you I am far from a tv aficionado.
baniels's Avatar baniels
08:17 AM Liked: 66
post #4260 of 5936
06-22-2014 | Posts: 1,062
Joined: Oct 2006
I think the P series has a mix of b1, b2, and b3 like the rest, which indicates a mix of assembly houses like the E and M series.

Disclaimer: I don't think the full product numbers have been officially published. I pulled those from a ghost page on Vizio's Mexico website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edved03 View Post
So how is everyone expecting the jvc diamond series to hold up to the vizio p series. Especially at the 65 inch screen size. Both are made by Amtran? Or am I imagining that? The specs are almost identical as far as I can tell. Mind you I am far from a tv aficionado.

Tags: Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Panasonic Th 58px60u 58 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Vizio

Gear in this thread
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3