Forum Jump: 

post #4261 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by baniels View Post
I think the P series has a mix of b1, b2, and b3 like the rest, which indicates a mix of assembly houses like the E and M series.

Disclaimer: I don't think the full product numbers have been officially published. I pulled those from a ghost page on Vizio's Mexico website.
It looks like it. By the way, the P series model numbers come up in the search results when you start entering a given model number on Vizio's download page: http://store.vizio.com/support/?tab=b#downloads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
With the P-series not launching with the Press until September that means we might have till October/November until we hear any details on the References series. Basic info like, if its coming out or not. I wish they would just say something on the matter, so if it is going to be scrapped, I can go ahead and make plans accordingly. I hate waiting and having an empty spot on the wall. Man talk about first world problems

So far Vizio has had a strong line-up so it wouldn't surprise me if the P-series really helps push 4K at an affordable price.

Theater Room: 65ZT60, Denon 2313CI, Oppo 103D, Apple TV, Logitech Harmony Ultimate
Bedroom: 65VT50, Sony S790, Harmony Smart Control
Game Room: Upcoming Purchases - 4K TV (Sony 65X950B or Reference Series Vizio, Sony FMP-X10) Already Have - OPPO 103D, Harmony Ultimate, Apple TV, 24 gaming systems ready to be hooked up.
post #4263 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandiego View Post
It looks like it. By the way, the P series model numbers come up in the search results when you start entering a given model number on Vizio's download page: http://store.vizio.com/support/?tab=b#downloads

Yeah--there are auto-completion values of P502ui-B1, P552ui-B2, P602ui-B3, P652ui-B2 and P702ui-B3. Those are exactly the same B-numbers by size as for the M-Series and the E-Series. I am not convinced that we know what those numbers mean; do we have that information as disclosed by Vizio? I guess that assembly plants make sense, since specific plants may be outfitted to produce specific size panels.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #4264 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
With all the articles stating that 4K is nothing but a gimmick as you need to be closer than 5 ft to notice any visual difference vs 1080p... and most people sit 6ft or greater... are you guys still sold in this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
post #4265 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducpiloti View Post
With all the articles stating that 4K is nothing but a gimmick as you need to be closer than 5 ft to notice any visual difference vs 1080p... and most people sit 6ft or greater... are you guys still sold in this?

I was sold on 4K until I actually did some additional research and used the 4K calculator. I then did a test at Best Buy and stood 13 feet back (my seating distance) rather than 3-5 feet back, and compared looking at a 1080P screen, and 4K screen.

The 4K screen looked a bit better, but absolutely not $1500+ better. The calculator showed that at my seating distance, I would only tell a noticeable difference if my TV was greater than 120". After doing a self-test at Best Buy, I can definitely tell you there is some truth to that.

If you sit about 5 feet or less from your TV, you'll benefit. If not, you may strongly want to reconsider getting 4K, at least until prices come to a better price point like the Vizio P Series.
post #4266 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

Some people are waiting for the P series because it packs more tech (Double the Dimming Zones, Better Motion Handling, newest Wi-Fi standard, faster processor, etc..) for a better overall experience and better picture quality--not just 4K.
Drlink, cobolisdead and venus933 like this.
post #4267 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Bestbuy's website has the 49"-65" 2014 M's posted with coming soon! hopefully they will start getting them next week.
jasenj1 likes this.
post #4268 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

I strongly urge you to check out the uhd sets yourself and be sure to compare the Sonys to the Samsungs. I've always been a Sony fan, but not now with the uhd sets currently on the market. I'm one of those (few?) who disagree with most reviewers who claim you can't tell the difference unless you're just a few feet away. If that's true, why can my 75 year old eyes see a clear, significant difference at about 12 feet on a 65" set? Doesn't matter if anyone agrees with me OR you. It just matters what YOU think.
post #4269 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtn5000 View Post
Some people are waiting for the P series because it packs more tech (Double the Dimming Zones, Better Motion Handling, newest Wi-Fi standard, faster processor, etc..) for a better overall experience and better picture quality--not just 4K.

Exactly--I don't care about 4K res as long as conversion of 1080p and 720p to 4K is good. I want the 2-CPU/4-GPU core processor and HEVC decoding. Of course, being Vizio, the difference in prices isn't as large as with other brands. The 55" M-Series is $500 cheaper than the 55" P-Series; certainly significant, but not a couple of thousand more.

I use this TV as a computer monitor, sitting with a wireless keyboard and mouse on a laptop cart in front of me, so I'm usually about 4 feet away from the screen.
Keenan likes this.

post #4270 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calilife17 View Post
With the P-series not launching with the Press until September that means we might have till October/November until we hear any details on the References series. Basic info like, if its coming out or not. I wish they would just say something on the matter, so if it is going to be scrapped, I can go ahead and make plans accordingly. I hate waiting and having an empty spot on the wall. Man talk about first world problems
Well, they've consistently said "fall", not September for the P-series. They got quite a few M series sets out the door before 6/21 and they said "summer" for those. So who know when we'll really see the P's.

BTW, I share your frustrations that Vizio is being so coy about the R-series. The high end market seems to be shifting in a way I didn't really see coming. Big UHD sets are getting relatively inexpensive pretty quickly. I'm talking about the 75-85" variety. Unlike some other posters I'm not at all convinced that Vizio will price the 65" Reference Series under or at their 65" edge-lit competitors. Those price points may not work for a TV like what they're promising. That means Vizio may very well make the ultimate 65" UHD LCD TV and find themselves competing against much larger edge-lit sets from Samsung, LG, and other players at the same price point. I'm not sure where that will leave them. We already know that generally speaking US consumers won't pay for image quality. If the market continues to move in the direction it seems headed in, I can't help but wonder if the thing gets nixed.

Quote:
So far Vizio has had a strong line-up so it wouldn't surprise me if the P-series really helps push 4K at an affordable price.
At the rate UHD TV prices are dropping from the established brands combined with how long Vizio is taking to get them out the door, They might not even be the low price leader by the time they start shipping. Wouldn't that just be some irony.
post #4271 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 02:11 PM

Liked: 14
A D-Series Vizio TV set?!?!?!!?

http://store.vizio.com/led-lcd-hdtvs/d650ib2.html

When did they come out with this series???
post #4272 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenex View Post
A D-Series Vizio TV set?!?!?!!?

http://store.vizio.com/led-lcd-hdtvs/d650ib2.html

When did they come out with this series???
Yeah, I noticed that a couple of days ago. The only differences I can find between that and the page for the E650i-B2 is no video and it says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone View Post
D-Series signature design.

The all-new 2014 D-Series design introduces a side profile that’s up to 30% thinner*, an ultra-narrow 10mm frame, and a new space-saving slimmer base*. The new design puts the focus right where it should be—on the screen—and is the perfect upgrade to any room.

instead of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone View Post
E-Series signature design.

An ultra-narrow frame, a thinner profile, and slimmer new base makes the new E-Series a perfect upgrade to any room.

and under "More Connectivity" it says that the D-Series has 3 HDMI, 2 USB connections instead of the E-Series' 4 HDMI, 2 USB. It says that the D-Series is Energy Star 6.1 compliant versus the E-Series' Energy Star 6.0 compliance :

post #4273 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 03:58 PM
RTK
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Put me in the category of people awaiting the release of the 65" M 2014 now wondering why it has disappeared from Vizio website. Costco online doesn't appear to have the 2013 model in stock so does it seem more likely the delay relates to production/importing 2014 models? I've been telling everyone in the house "next week" for a couple of months now and can't bluff much longer.

Rick
post #4274 of 5074 Old 06-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Since the P series is so slow getting to market, I wouldn't be surprised to see them available in September (as previously stated), which is still Summer BTW. They will trickle to the market and be in full supply by the holiday shopping season.

Given the pent-up demand, I wouldn't expect much discounting of the P Series until January unless the holiday shopping season is very slow. Actually, this is prolly good marketing by Vizio, even if it is frustrating to anxious buyers.
post #4275 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post
I know Cnet rated them as having great blacks for the price.
I hate that they do that. Stale bread that's free is great to a homeless person "for the price". Doesn't mean I'll enjoy it. I want comparisons. Not this "for the price" statement.
post #4276 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I don't know what is involved with measuring nits, but there is at least one person with the M652i in their home. It would be nice to know if the spec of 400 is accurate. It would be very strange if they reduced the number of LED's between the 65 and 70 M, would it not? Even if they maintained the same number of LED's between the two, spreading them out on over the larger area wouldn't account for such a dramatic drop. I really don't know much about this stuff, but simply looking at the numbers - 70" is only a 16% larger area than 65" - seems like they'd have to reduce the number of LED's to make that happen.

Or maybe all of the B3's will have lower brightness than the B2's for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Would be interesting if someone owning the M602i-B3 could tell us what the actual peak brightness output is - my bet is on 240 Nits.
[snip]
It is also probably no coincidence that the 400 Nits of the M652i-B2 is exactly half of the brightness of the 65" Reference Series (half of the LEDs)
post #4277 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
I don't know what is involved with measuring nits, but there is at least one person with the M652i in their home. It would be nice to know if the spec of 400 is accurate. It would be very strange if they reduced the number of LED's between the 65 and 70 M, would it not? Even if they maintained the same number of LED's between the two, spreading them out on over the larger area wouldn't account for such a dramatic drop. I really don't know much about this stuff, but simply looking at the numbers - 70" is only a 16% larger area than 65" - seems like they'd have to reduce the number of LED's to make that happen.
The panel could be less transmissive due to the color filter or the pixel structure. It could have different enhancement films on the backlight. There are all sorts of explanations that doesn't require less LEDs while getting less light out the front of the panel.
post #4278 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternitay View Post
Does anyone here have this set on order?
Mine arrives tomorrow. (M652i-B2)

Now I'm a little worried about the fact that it's disappeared from their site. Hope there's not a recall or something about to happen.
post #4279 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Thanks, dude. I knew I knew nothing.

Maybe this pattern will be present comparing all of the B2's to B3's. 210 nits for the E6/700i-B3 and 300 nits for the E48/550i-B3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
The panel could be less transmissive due to the color filter or the pixel structure. It could have different enhancement films on the backlight. There are all sorts of explanations that doesn't require less LEDs while getting less light out the front of the panel.
post #4280 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 07:48 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
cobolisdead likes this.
post #4281 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv View Post
Mine arrives tomorrow. (M652i-B2)

Now I'm a little worried about the fact that it's disappeared from their site. Hope there's not a recall or something about to happen.
They may have just run out and don't know when the next shipment will come in.

Quote:

Maybe this pattern will be present comparing all of the B2's to B3's. 210 nits for the E6/700i-B3 and 300 nits for the E48/550i-B3.

I think it's more likely that there was an error made with the 70". We've seen the manual for the 60 which shows higher nit value. Once they get officially released it may be easier to get the actual information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4282 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
They may have just run out and don't know when the next shipment will come in.

I think it's more likely that there was an error made with the 70". We've seen the manual for the 60 which shows higher nit value. Once they get officially released it may be easier to get the actual information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M652i-B2 is back on Vizio's site and now BestBuy is going to sell them too.
baniels likes this.
post #4283 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 05:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivpar View Post

Amazon now says that it's "In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process". It's also Prime shipping eligible, though it says that the first available delivery is next Tuesday. I guess that it means that the shipping is at no additional charge to Prime members.
baniels likes this.

post #4284 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibrucia View Post
I hate that they do that. Stale bread that's free is great to a homeless person "for the price". Doesn't mean I'll enjoy it. I want comparisons. Not this "for the price" statement.
It annoys me too (I think for a different reason as the cnet reviews do make comparisons), cnet is comparing the M series to the flagship LCD 1080p displays from last year and yet they feel the need to slap that qualifier with their praise. cnet gave the M series a "8" for PQ which is top marks for LCD panels that is only bettered by high-end plasmas (almost extinct) and OLEDs (in their infancy).

Samsung PN60E7000
Samsung PN51F5300
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
post #4285 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 06:57 PM

Liked: 3
I also see that BestBuy has a picture that says "P-Series Coming Soon"
post #4286 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:

Or maybe all of the B3's will have lower brightness than the B2's for some reason.
Maybe Sharp is using their IGZO back plane on the new 60" and 70" panels. I think IGZO is thinner, more translucent and requires less back lighting and power. They had it in their 32" 4K LCD monitor, but I didn't think it had progressed to the larger sizes already.

Here is some info on Sharp's IGZO tech:
http://vimeopro.com/wsjcs/samples/video/85974237

Last edited by sytech; 06-23-2014 at 07:16 PM.
post #4287 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 07:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by protopip3 View Post
I also see that BestBuy has a picture that says "P-Series Coming Soon"
Where? Online, in-store...?
post #4288 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Where? Online, in-store...?

Best Buy Vizio splash page

Vizio Best Buy Page

Theater Room: 65ZT60, Denon 2313CI, Oppo 103D, Apple TV, Logitech Harmony Ultimate
Bedroom: 65VT50, Sony S790, Harmony Smart Control
Game Room: Upcoming Purchases - 4K TV (Sony 65X950B or Reference Series Vizio, Sony FMP-X10) Already Have - OPPO 103D, Harmony Ultimate, Apple TV, 24 gaming systems ready to be hooked up.
post #4289 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 08:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Best Buy Vizio splash page

Vizio Best Buy Page

None of the M-Series models that they're listing are from the 2014 line; 3 of 13 E-Series models that they're listing are from 2013, the rest are 2014.

post #4290 of 5074 Old 06-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivpar View Post
Best Buy also has the 49", 55" and 60" as coming soon. They may be only placeholders but it's progress!

Samsung PN60E7000
Samsung PN51F5300
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Panasonic Th 58px60u 58 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Vizio
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page