2014 Vizio Thread All models - Page 159 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 157  158  159 160  161  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > 2014 Vizio Thread All models
John.'s Avatar John. 01:50 PM 07-28-2014
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know if there are any Vizio retailers in Toronto, Canada?

I can't seem to find any. Costco and Walmart sites do not list
Vizio tv's

Thanks

Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 02:17 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know if there are any Vizio retailers in Toronto, Canada?

I can't seem to find any. Costco and Walmart sites do not list
Vizio tv's

Thanks

I believe there is import only. As of now I think Vizio only sells in the US.
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 02:19 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by antman006 View Post

This seems to be the same so series site that has been around since CES at the beginning of the year. The actual product page is only available via google cache atm.
John.'s Avatar John. 02:25 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I believe there is import only. As of now I think Vizio only sells in the US.
Ok , thanks Ph8te
rjbu's Avatar rjbu 02:26 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdyson View Post
What makes this worse is "panel lottery" or models where panel manufacturers differ.
In the Samsung Panel Version Thread they have listed the known panels versions that are available per model and screen size.
And since the version is printed on the label on the box, you can "win" the lottery if you can check the box before you buy.

Is the "panel lottery" an issue with Vizio 2014 M series sets?
Is there a list of known panel versions that are used per series and screen size?
And is that version info available on the outside of the box so we can "win the lottery".

I'm specifically interested in the M602i-B3. In Vizio Demo: M Series vs. Samsung H7150
talking about the M602i it has
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtn5000 View Post
The 60" is a B3 (10-bit Sharp) and the 55" is a B2 (8-bit AUO)
Do I need to worry that I'll get a 60" with some other panel?
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 02:49 PM 07-28-2014
As far as "panel lottery" goes no one knows really if there are different panels within the sizes. Not sure we have enough of a sample as of yet. From what we have seen so far the only differences are between the sizes.
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 03:48 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
This seems to be the same so series site that has been around since CES at the beginning of the year. The actual product page is only available via google cache atm.

Which is here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&client=safari .
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 04:00 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Yes both P and the R series were posted (last week?)
fafrd's Avatar fafrd 04:24 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Yes both P and the R series were posted (last week?)

Where were those posted? I can't find anything on Vizio's website and the ces.vizio website remains unchanged.


From the cached site, you can see the backlight with 8-across X 9-down = 72 dimming zones total, so it appears that rumors of the 70"P having 96 LDZs were incorrect.


70" E has 18 LDZs (instead of 16 for smaller large panels)


70" M has 36 LDZs (instead of 32 for smaller large panels)


70" P has 72 LDZs (instead of 64 for smaller panels)
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 05:01 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Where were those posted? I can't find anything on Vizio's website and the ces.vizio website remains unchanged.


From the cached site, you can see the backlight with 8-across X 9-down = 72 dimming zones total, so it appears that rumors of the 70"P having 96 LDZs were incorrect.


70" E has 18 LDZs (instead of 16 for smaller large panels)


70" M has 36 LDZs (instead of 32 for smaller large panels)


70" P has 72 LDZs (instead of 64 for smaller panels)
Both posted on the 21st
fafrd's Avatar fafrd 05:09 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Both posted on the 21st

Where, on Vizio's website? And now they have been yanked?
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 05:28 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Where, on Vizio's website? And now they have been yanked?

Did you take a look at my post? My quote of your post included the post I made of the google cache of the R series. Both P and R series are 404 now although the google cache is still available to view.
fafrd's Avatar fafrd 05:42 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Did you take a look at my post? My quote of your post included the post I made of the google cache of the R series. Both P and R series are 404 now although the google cache is still available to view.

Yeah, I've reviewed both cached pages (P and R) - what I was asking about was the history.


Were these pages posted on Vizio's website on July 21st?


And then they were yanked soon after? When?


Had not heard anything about this last week and just trying to understand what happened and what we think it means...
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 05:48 PM 07-28-2014
The P series was found by another member during the maintenance the site was going through. Once the P series cache was posted, I used that to find the R series cache. Nothing is know beyond that. They could go live shortly before the sets go on sale, but no one knows anything really beyond their existence.
fafrd's Avatar fafrd 05:53 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
The P series was found by another member during the maintenance the site was going through. Once the P series cache was posted, I used that to find the R series cache. Nothing is know beyond that. They could go live shortly before the sets go on sale, but no one knows anything really beyond their existence.

Gotcha - thanks for the additional detail.


In any case, tough to see this as a negative indicator regarding the release of the R Series.


The P Series cache says 'Coming Fall 2014'


The R Series cache says 'Coming Soon'


Who knows what it all means, but I'd have to say the odds of the R Series materializing just went up a notch (but still low until there is an official pricing announcement, hopefully by the time of the VE Shootout in a few weeks).


p.s. and the fact that the R Series is now Clear Acton Rate 1200 compared to the ces/Vizio information which indicated the R would be Clear Action Rate 1800 suggests that some sort of engineering seems to have been going on since CES...
Heinz68's Avatar Heinz68 03:42 AM 07-29-2014
Vizio home page today at 5:30 AM (EDT), maybe the P series listing is on the way (I hope).
http://www.vizio.com/


falkor1104's Avatar falkor1104 05:36 AM 07-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
Vizio home page today at 5:30 AM (EDT), maybe the P series listing is on the way (I hope).
http://www.vizio.com/

I hope we finally get more information today!!!
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 06:21 AM 07-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkor1104 View Post
I hope we finally get more information today!!!
The site is UP and includes both the P & R series. Still says coming soon however....

Edit: P says coming Fall 2014
falkor1104's Avatar falkor1104 06:26 AM 07-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post
The site is UP and includes both the P & R series. Still says coming soon however....

Edit: P says coming Fall 2014
Still no price on the R series.
Does anyone want to guess what the 65" will be listed at?
AhhYes 06:27 AM 07-29-2014
Edit: Beaten
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 06:33 AM 07-29-2014
"Active Pixel Tuning" sounds an awful lot like Darbee technology - and that's a good thing IF it is adjustable like the Darblets.


Quote:

Active Pixel Tuning.
VIZIO's algorithm automatically adapts to the smallest on-screen detail through pixel-level brightness adjustments for pinpoint accuracy.
Den9696's Avatar Den9696 06:58 AM 07-29-2014
www.vizio.com site is updated now. (Coming Soon) for the P-Series.
bluewhale1's Avatar bluewhale1 07:42 AM 07-29-2014
Im at work so it's hard for me to check. Does anyone remember how long after the E and M series were posted on the website as coming soon they were available to order?
modenaf1123's Avatar modenaf1123 10:07 AM 07-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhale1 View Post
Im at work so it's hard for me to check. Does anyone remember how long after the E and M series were posted on the website as coming soon they were available to order?
Both 2014 E and M were in stores and available to order from the Vizio site before the product pages were up.
Rf13's Avatar Rf13 10:12 AM 07-29-2014
We should probably start to see them show up next month or at least by the end the r is a different story
fafrd's Avatar fafrd 10:44 AM 07-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den9696 View Post
www.vizio.com site is updated now. (Coming Soon) for the P-Series.

It's a complete make-over of the website.


P Series says 'Coming Fall 2014' at the top and then 'Coming Soon' at the bottom.


R Series says 'Coming Soon' at both the top and the bottom.


It's disappointing that pricing for the R Series has not been announced yet, but in my view this new website significantly increases the likelihood that the R Series will actually materialize (assuming the website stays up and doesn't disappear again :-) - too much egg on Vizio's face if they never deliver on the R Series now.
AhhYes 10:46 AM 07-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by modenaf1123 View Post
Both 2014 E and M were in stores and available to order from the Vizio site before the product pages were up.
Along these lines, will following this thread be the best way to know when they become available for purchase? Seems like they'll just appear randomly one day. Is that right?
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 10:49 AM 07-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhhYes View Post
Along these lines, will following this thread be the best way to know when they become available for purchase? Seems like they'll just appear randomly one day. Is that right?

Yes to both questions
AhhYes 11:01 AM 07-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Yes to both questions
Thanks! I know this is a speculative question, but since the website says "Fall 2014" is there any hope at all that these will arrive before late September? The equinox is technically September 23rd, so I guess August is probably not going to happen right?

Sick of waiting. Want to give them my money. Hahaha.
fafrd's Avatar fafrd 11:08 AM 07-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhhYes View Post
Thanks! I know this is a speculative question, but since the website says "Fall 2014" is there any hope at all that these will arrive before late September? The equinox is technically September 23rd, so I guess August is probably not going to happen right?

Sick of waiting. Want to give them my money. Hahaha.

The expectation is that the first of the P-Series panels will come out before mid-September (and possibly by late August). All sizes of the P will probably not be out until later in the Fall but they should all be in the channels well before Black Friday.


R Series is anyone's guess but the chance it is actually coming have just increased.
Tags: Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Panasonic Th 58px60u 58 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Vizio
First ... 157  158  159 160  161  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop