2014 Vizio Thread All models - Page 164 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #4891 of 5975 Old 08-10-2014, 04:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,472
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 680
60 is just about the same as the other in the 60+ range. The smaller than 50/55 seem to have more issues from reports seen here. It's probably going to be about a month or so before we even get a hint of what the P series can offer. The dilemma is that if you wait too long you may miss out on the F8500.

If you have the opportunity I would load up a USB and take it to one of your local stores. While it won't be a great test, you should be able to see if anything really sands out and annoys you. I would recommend programming a harmony remote and taking that with you as well this way you can adjust settings. I did find in the store mode it keeps resetting back to store defaults every time the "demo"engages.
Ph8te is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4892 of 5975 Old 08-10-2014, 04:31 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
60 is just about the same as the other in the 60+ range. The smaller than 50/55 seem to have more issues from reports seen here. It's probably going to be about a month or so before we even get a hint of what the P series can offer. The dilemma is that if you wait too long you may miss out on the F8500.

If you have the opportunity I would load up a USB and take it to one of your local stores. While it won't be a great test, you should be able to see if anything really sands out and annoys you. I would recommend programming a harmony remote and taking that with you as well this way you can adjust settings. I did find in the store mode it keeps resetting back to store defaults every time the "demo"engages.
That remote idea is a nice trick!

I have a very good connection to making sure I'll get an F8500 before they all disappear, but it looks like it's going to be cutting it very close, at least to be able to audition the P, I have serious doubts about the R making it to street in time though.
Keenan is offline  
post #4893 of 5975 Old 08-10-2014, 05:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,472
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
That remote idea is a nice trick!

I have a very good connection to making sure I'll get an F8500 before they all disappear, but it looks like it's going to be cutting it very close, at least to be able to audition the P, I have serious doubts about the R making it to street in time though.

I started doing the remote thing awhile ago, that way I can just do what I want it's surprising the difference between what they show and the material you bring (especially if it's direct blu-ray clips). Also you can see the mode the store has the set in, which is often vivid :/ I was happy to see one sales person trying to edge someone to the f8500 and they had Gravity playing which really showed off how good that set is. They were stuck on the LCD side though and walked out to the showroom floor.
Ph8te is online now  
post #4894 of 5975 Old 08-10-2014, 05:32 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I started doing the remote thing awhile ago, that way I can just do what I want it's surprising the difference between what they show and the material you bring (especially if it's direct blu-ray clips). Also you can see the mode the store has the set in, which is often vivid :/ I was happy to see one sales person trying to edge someone to the f8500 and they had Gravity playing which really showed off how good that set is. They were stuck on the LCD side though and walked out to the showroom floor.
Yes, the F8500 is an excellent display, they should have made it bigger though!
Ph8te and venus933 like this.
Keenan is offline  
post #4895 of 5975 Old 08-11-2014, 08:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 18,424
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1351 Post(s)
Liked: 879
First P-Series sighted! Amazon has an entry up for P702ui-B3. Of course, it's marked "Temporarily out of stock" without any date when it's expected to be in stock . I can't find any other e-tailer who's listing it yet.

Too big for my needs, but hopefully the entry won't be there without available stock for as long as the M652i-B2 .
Ph8te, D-Rock and thatguyyoulove like this.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #4896 of 5975 Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Member
 
SuperMiguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 10
P702ui-B3 vs M702i-B3
SuperMiguel is offline  
post #4897 of 5975 Old 08-11-2014, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
First P-Series sighted! Amazon has an entry up for P702ui-B3. Of course, it's marked "Temporarily out of stock" without any date when it's expected to be in stock . I can't find any other e-tailer who's listing it yet.

Too big for my needs, but hopefully the entry won't be there without available stock for as long as the M652i-B2 .

Good find! And possibly an indication that the 70" may be one of the first P panels out rather than one of the last like for the E Series.


It's also $100 less than Vizio's announced price ($2500 instead of $2600 :-)


Let's hope this means 'Fall' is coming soon!
fafrd is online now  
post #4898 of 5975 Old 08-11-2014, 08:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,472
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
First P-Series sighted! Amazon has an entry up for P702ui-B3. Of course, it's marked "Temporarily out of stock" without any date when it's expected to be in stock . I can't find any other e-tailer who's listing it yet.

Too big for my needs, but hopefully the entry won't be there without available stock for as long as the M652i-B2 .

It was a little while before it was actually in stock via Amazon, but this may have been the "slip" we have been looking for. Good find!
Ph8te is online now  
post #4899 of 5975 Old 08-11-2014, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
First P-Series sighted! Amazon has an entry up for P702ui-B3. Of course, it's marked "Temporarily out of stock" without any date when it's expected to be in stock . I can't find any other e-tailer who's listing it yet.

Too big for my needs, but hopefully the entry won't be there without available stock for as long as the M652i-B2 .
60 and 70 P most likely using Sharp's panel from the new UD20 line that has been out for the last month in Japan. So early September seems right. The other sizes are new line from different supplier. May take a little longer.
sytech is online now  
post #4900 of 5975 Old 08-11-2014, 10:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 18,424
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1351 Post(s)
Liked: 879
I've always thought we'd see one of the larger sizes first as they maybe try to sneak into Value Electronics' Shootout. Their list of sets that they plan to test has continuously changed. When they started out they were going to test a bunch of 65" 4K panels; now all of the 4K models are 80"+.

In any case, the aforementioned M652i-B2 had an entry in Amazon's catalog before any other model, at least 2 months before there was any stock, with estimated delivery dates changing all the time (appropriately, Amazon lists its first available date as April Fool's Day ). I think that 3 other M-Series models beat it to market.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #4901 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 04:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 15,573
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 178
At least the frame is black unlike the "M" series. I though the Chinsey Sony Silver look died 8 or so years ago.
Even the David from CNet made a comment about it. Looking at the video of that set, that frame is very distraction along with the base.

It draws your eye away from the screen.

.
.
Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
videobruce is offline  
post #4902 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 05:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,472
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 680
The silver frame isn't that bad in person. While I will always prefer a darker color for it, it was far from distracting IMO
Ph8te is online now  
post #4903 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 07:38 AM
Member
 
jpdyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 51
^Agreed; while it's not my preference, the M series actually manages to look tasteful in black and silver. Still, the P series' graphite trim looks to be a bit nicer.
jpdyson is offline  
post #4904 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 08:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,472
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdyson View Post
^Agreed; while it's not my preference, the M series actually manages to look tasteful in black and silver. Still, the P series' graphite trim looks to be a bit nicer.

"A bit" agreed
Ph8te is online now  
post #4905 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 79
so i noticed that it looks like all of the ports are hdmi 1.4 except one. which im guessing the only 2.0 port is hdcp 2.2/4k@60hz port
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pseries.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	208945   Click image for larger version

Name:	pserie1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	208953  
Ph8te likes this.
Rf13 is offline  
post #4906 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 08:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,472
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 680
2014 Vizio Thread All models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf13 View Post
so i noticed that it looks like all of the ports are hdmi 1.4 except one. which im guessing the only 2.0 port is hdcp 2.2/4k@60hz port

Yeah the 2.2 has been known for some time. Good eyes though I don't mind the 1 input as that's all most who would get this set need. It may have been a better design decision to put that input on the bottom however.
dandiego likes this.

Last edited by Ph8te; 08-12-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Ph8te is online now  
post #4907 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 8
It appears the input configuration has been changed since Vizio updated their website. The picture of the inputs on the P-Series webpage shows 2-USB ports, a composite, and one HDMI port on the side, while the Amazon pictures show 2 HDMIs, the composite, and one USB.

Which is to be trusted do you think?
AhhYes is offline  
post #4908 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I wish the P series would come out before my return date expires on the samsung tv I purchased!
metzy25 is offline  
post #4909 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 18,424
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1351 Post(s)
Liked: 879
Anybody else see an Amazon ad for the P702ui-B3 at the bottom of this page? Probably created by the mention of it.
michaeltscott is online now  
post #4910 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Member
 
masteraleph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking at 2 tvs, currently priced the same at Costco (both $479):

M422i-b1
E480i-b2

Is the difference in picture quality and the remote worth the smaller screen size of the M-series?
masteraleph is offline  
post #4911 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 09:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,472
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Anybody else see an Amazon ad for the P702ui-B3 at the bottom of this page? Probably created by the mention of it.

I don't see ads, usually only visit via mobile.
Ph8te is online now  
post #4912 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,472
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteraleph View Post
Looking at 2 tvs, currently priced the same at Costco (both $479):

M422i-b1
E480i-b2

Is the difference in picture quality and the remote worth the smaller screen size of the M-series?

It depends on what is more important to you. Those that have upgraded from the E to the M have not been disappointed for the most part.
Ph8te is online now  
post #4913 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by metzy25 View Post
I wish the P series would come out before my return date expires on the samsung tv I purchased!
If the E series in anything to go by, the P will blow the sammy away.
mo949 is offline  
post #4914 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 09:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 18,424
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1351 Post(s)
Liked: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I don't see ads, usually only visit via mobile.

I'm viewing this in Chrome on my tablet; there's a single square ad at the bottom.
michaeltscott is online now  
post #4915 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
If the E series in anything to go by, the P will blow the sammy away.
The samsungs nice when wanting to watch Blu-rays and movies on cable but while watching sports it's terrible. I had a 2013 M series and upgraded to the 2014 m series 55 inch but the picture wasn't as nice as my 2013 M series and that's when I went with the Samsung.
metzy25 is offline  
post #4916 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 661
That sucks

Did you notice the motion handling difference between the Samsung and the Vizio by chance?
mo949 is offline  
post #4917 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,472
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
I'm viewing this in Chrome on my tablet; there's a single square ad at the bottom.

Time to get tapatalk if possible
Ph8te is online now  
post #4918 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Member
 
xkalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteraleph View Post
Looking at 2 tvs, currently priced the same at Costco (both $479):

M422i-b1
E480i-b2

Is the difference in picture quality and the remote worth the smaller screen size of the M-series?
I don't know those specific sizes (I own an M60), but I would say the difference in picture quality on the M is not worth a reduction in 6" of screen size. Largely based on reviews I've read. I would say the difference in picture quality on the M is worth the price premium, at the same screen size. I believe the motion handling is the only major upgrade, and only then matters if you want to use frame interpolation for video or sports.
fafrd and mo949 like this.
xkalibur is online now  
post #4919 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
I guess I have the itch to purchase something with my fallback being the F8500, I just really, really want a larger screen size than 64" and would compromise(to a slight degree) to get that larger screen. Going from 73" to 70" is about 8% less screen area already, to go from 73" to 64" is over 22% less so it comes down to size versus performance and I'm hoping the P/R series can close that gap significantly.

That's my hesitation with the F8500 (and even the 65" R series to some extent ) also, I want my 70"!

Samsung PN51F8500
Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
venus933 is offline  
post #4920 of 5975 Old 08-12-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Of course the 77inch OLED is what dreams are made of in that area
mo949 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Panasonic Th 58px60u 58 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Vizio
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off