post #5191 of 5196 Unread Today, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post
I think you are being far too optimistic on the availability and pricing of the R series. The holiday shopping/black friday season is for the E-series, maybe the M-series. The person who is buying the R-series is not waiting for a sale or a deal, it is not the market.

The big question is whether Vizio is offer the 65" Reference Series only through new premium channels like Magnolia/Best Buy or also through their mainstream channels like Costco.

The 80M Series cost $4000 and is offered through Costco, so Costco also offering the 65" Series is not out of the question.

If the 65" R Series is offered through Costco, the importance of Black Friday and the Holiday Shopping Season is clear.

In addition, Vizio product launch strategy this year has been well-conceived and well-executed. The fact that they have been using Product Series release events to update attendees as to the status of the R Series under embargo points to a surprise they have in store for us before the year is out. imagic's quiet confidence that the R Series will actually materialize this year says it all...

On pricing, I'm quite confident the 65" Reference will end up being priced somewhere between $3000 and $3500 - Vizio is very unlikely to confuse themselves with Sony or Panasonic this first time around the flagship/reference track. Samsung is the only competitor Vizio is worried about (other than the up-ad-coming Chinese brands they see in their rearview mirror :-), and Samsung's 65" Flagship, the UN65HU9000 is currently $4300 on Amazon and $2900 at ECTV.

Following the 'head-stuck-in-the-2013-sand' Sony 65X950B, the closest FALD competitor to the 65" Vizio R Series is the Toshiba 65L9400U which currently has a pre-release price of $3500 on Amazon and $3300 at ABT.

The 120" Reference is probably just for show and bragging rights only, but I suspect Vizio is introducing the 65" Reference Series to sell more TVs (read: take significant market share from the Samsung UN65HU9000).

Only a few more months now :-)
Rf13 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5192 of 5196 Unread Today, 07:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblast View Post
Not sure why people are worried about powering up their main system to watch tv. I have a large home theater system, and it only runs 45watts, which is nothing. I thought myself that it would draw a great deal more power, but doesn't take much at all.

I suppose if you have a rack full of boutique brand separates. I have a modest 5.1 system and I use it for everything. I can't get sound from anything without it, since I have everything switched through it, 8 devices, including this PC.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill

Last edited by michaeltscott; Today at 07:10 PM.
post #5193 of 5196 Unread Today, 07:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Not sure why people are worried about powering up their main system to watch tv. I have a large home theater system, and it only runs 45watts, which is nothing. I thought myself that it would draw a great deal more power, but doesn't take much at all.

I suppose if you have a rack full of boutique brand separates. I have a modest 5.1 system and I use it for everything. I can't get sound from anything without it, since I have everything switched through it, 8 devices, including this PC.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #5194 of 5196 Unread Today, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:

Who's worrying? One member just said they'd use a soundbar in conjunction with their SS system for when they don't want to power up the SS. I totally understand this, sometimes you want more than TV sound but not "the full Monty". Not always about power draw either

Sent from my Flip Phone using DOS
post #5195 of 5196 Unread Today, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Who's worrying? One member just said they'd use a soundbar in conjunction with their SS system for when they don't want to power up the SS. I totally understand this, sometimes you want more than TV sound but not "the full Monty". Not always about power draw either

Well, I guess I'm different then. There is no point to having a nice system, if you don't give it a chance to improve what your watching. There are plenty of tv shows, that have good sound effects, and great music. Sometimes I'm amazed at just how good the sound is, and you would miss out on it, if all you ran was tv speakers.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
post #5196 of 5196 Unread Today, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Well, I guess I'm different then. There is no point to having a nice system, if you don't give it a chance to improve what your watching. There are plenty of tv shows, that have good sound effects, and great music. Sometimes I'm amazed at just how good the sound is, and you would miss out on it, if all you ran was tv speakers.

Sighhhhhh why is there no point? The member may use the SS for 95-98% of watching. Of course there are benefits to using the SS that's why they have one already and use it. There are also turns when they may not feel like powering on the full system and this the SB is what they would use. I really don't see the big deal *shrug*

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Panasonic Th 58px60u 58 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Vizio
Gear in this thread