2014 Vizio Thread All models - Page 196 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #5851 of 5936 Unread 10-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Member
 
garikfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone using Component and Audio out ?

Every now and then I'll turn on the TV and theres no sound until I change the volume up or down then the sound comes in.

"Human's aren't the only species on Earth, We just act like it...."
garikfox is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5852 of 5936 Unread 10-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Member
 
mmukalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Was anyone able to do a comparison between the M702i-B3 and the P702ui-B3 as it relates to 1080p picture quality? I'm in the market for a new TV, and while having a relatively future-proof TV (4K) does have some merit, it's not a gotta-have for me. I'd be very much interesting in the HD/1080P performance, for movies/sports/gaming.


Has anyone looked at these two specifically?


Thanks! - M

"If I had a nickel for every nickel I had..."
mmukalian is offline  
post #5853 of 5936 Unread 10-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Newbie
 
mombasaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Been going back and forth between an E600i-B3 and an M602i-B3. Some people say the E's are better, others the M's. I know numbers-wise, the M is "supposed" to be the better tv, but some reviews say otherwise. Rtings has the E rated just a tad higher than the M. Yes, the E is good, but is it actually better than the M? If the M is the better of the two, is the margin so minuscule and indistinguishable that the price jump isn't worth it?
mombasaman is offline  
post #5854 of 5936 Unread 10-19-2014, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombasaman View Post
Been going back and forth between an E600i-B3 and an M602i-B3. Some people say the E's are better, others the M's. I know numbers-wise, the M is "supposed" to be the better tv, but some reviews say otherwise. Rtings has the E rated just a tad higher than the M. Yes, the E is good, but is it actually better than the M? If the M is the better of the two, is the margin so minuscule and indistinguishable that the price jump isn't worth it?

Since rtings.com evaluated different panel sizes for the E and the M and those different sizes were different panel types (55" is IPS while 60" is VA) the conclusions they provide over the entire series are not valid (especially for off-axis viewing and contrast) and neither are the comparison they make between the two Series.
fafrd is offline  
post #5855 of 5936 Unread 10-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Member
 
Visor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenex View Post
BUTTT for that 400 extra CDN you also get twice the amount of active LED Zones. 4 Times the Dynamic contrast ratio, 4 Times the Clear Action, and Double the Effective Refresh rate.
Well, to be honest those features are nothing more to me than advertising fluff. Reviews are already showing that twice the amount of LED zones don't make that much of a difference. Not sure if the "clear action" you referred to is either for the "Smooth Motion" feature, or for the TV's "Motion Resolution" capabilities. In either case, I despise the soap opera effect caused by "Smooth Motion", and I've never noticed any distracting blurring effects on TVs with apparently low "Motion Resolution".

At any rate, I decided to go for an 80" Sharp LC-80LE642. It's a 120 Hz set that supports pure 24p playback and I'm quite happy with it. FYI, there are no active LED dimming zones on that set, but I'm quite satisfied with its black levels. I came from a circa-2007 Sony KDL-52W3000 and the black levels were much higher on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomial View Post
What movies' clips did you use? The only time I've noticed 3:2 pulldown on a 60 Hz set is the opening pan in Casablanca. CNET says the 55 inch E series can do 24p, and Rtings says the same for the 60 inch E series.
I used a couple of clips from Star Wars: Episode II. Yeah, I know it's not the best movie, but it has good scenes to test with long camera pans. The first scene I used was a shot of Senator Amidala's ship landing on the platform near the beginning of the movie. There is a long pan across the floating platform that makes for an excellent cadence test. The second clip I used was also from Episode II, where Obi-Wan's touring the clone factory. There are quite a few slow pans here that make for excellent cadence tests.

Yes, I'm aware that CNET claimed that the 55+" E series sets could do 24p (despite the fact that nearly everyone else seemed to claim otherwise), which is why I wanted to perform the tests myself. It appears to me that CNET got it wrong; these sets definitely can't display pure 24p playback.

That said, it sounds to me like you don't really notice the 3:2 cadence in most scenes on a 60 Hz set, so you might be able to get away with picking up this model and not noticing much of a difference.

Cheers,
Visor
Visor is offline  
post #5856 of 5936 Unread 10-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Senior Member
 
JaremyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: MI
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Can anyone confirm what version of Amazon video is on these tvs? Is it a hacked version or a nicer one like on ps4?

Also, any hope for a wwe network app?
JaremyP is offline  
post #5857 of 5936 Unread 10-20-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 18,020
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post
Can anyone confirm what version of Amazon video is on these tvs? Is it a hacked version or a nicer one like on ps4?

It's the one on PS3 which I assume to be the one on PS4. They seem to be standardizing on that, since at some point my 2012 model Panasonic BDP's Amazon player got updated to that UI, though with a few panes on the main page having words in them instead of cover thumbs. Strangely, Fire TV's UI is different.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #5858 of 5936 Unread 10-21-2014, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
primetimeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 3,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Anyone have a high pitched whine/whirling sound for a couple seconds when first turning on the set? Wondering if this is normal as the set powers up or not? I have the 70".
primetimeguy is offline  
post #5859 of 5936 Unread 10-29-2014, 09:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 15,489
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Surely not any cable issue.
Use your warranty, looks like a backlight issue or bad panel.]

primetimeguy;
Sounds as a power supply issue and/or the LED's fireing up.
GrizzlyAnimal likes this.

.
.
Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
videobruce is offline  
post #5860 of 5936 Unread 10-29-2014, 09:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,047
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked: 616
@GrizzlyAnimal you are looking for the 2013 model thread. This is the 2014 model (ExBx). I agree with videobruce however. That is a panel issue. If you don't have a warranty it may be time to replace it.


Sent from an system/360
GrizzlyAnimal likes this.
Ph8te is offline  
post #5861 of 5936 Unread 10-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Member
 
GrizzlyAnimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
thanks alot fellas for the info. yeah, my warranty is still good till december 2015, so ill defenitley be giving them a call to come fix it..

thanks again
GrizzlyAnimal is offline  
post #5862 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
FuzzyReets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey Everyone,

I just ordered the 65" M series. I'm reading more about the zones and don't know if it's worth it to go to the P series or not. Is it a big difference? I'm not really looking for 4k future proofing or anything like that so I don't care about the 4k at this point. This is a "tide me over" TV until 4k makes sense. Also read that 4k TVs don't have as good of a picture quality for 1080 stuff as just straight 1080 TVs. Truth? Any help appreciated. Thanks.
FuzzyReets is online now  
post #5863 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
Rf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyReets View Post
Hey Everyone,

I just ordered the 65" M series. I'm reading more about the zones and don't know if it's worth it to go to the P series or not. Is it a big difference? I'm not really looking for 4k future proofing or anything like that so I don't care about the 4k at this point. This is a "tide me over" TV until 4k makes sense. Also read that 4k TVs don't have as good of a picture quality for 1080 stuff as just straight 1080 TVs. Truth? Any help appreciated. Thanks.
I can tell you from owning a 4k set that there isn't much of a difference with 1080p. There's really nothing noticeably gained or lost,but dvd and 480p content it depends. Some look great some don't. IMO 4k is nice, but once 2016 is when it will shine when there's 4k blurays etc. right now unless you want one I wouldn't rush to get one.
Rf13 is offline  
post #5864 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone had the clicking sound from their Vizios, or have their tvs switch off by themselves that I've read about quite a bit in reviews?
kition80 is offline  
post #5865 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 01:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,047
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by kition80 View Post
Has anyone had the clicking sound from their Vizios, or have their tvs switch off by themselves that I've read about quite a bit in reviews?

I've heard of that in 2013 and before models nothing of substance for 2014.


Sent from an system/360
Ph8te is offline  
post #5866 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
Googer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by kition80 View Post
Has anyone had the clicking sound from their Vizios, or have their tvs switch off by themselves that I've read about quite a bit in reviews?
The E400i-B2 had numerous reports of clicking when it was turned off shortly after it first came out but AFAIK there haven't been any recent reports of this, nor have I heard of it being an issue on any other model from this year.
Ph8te likes this.
Googer is offline  
post #5867 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 02:44 PM
Newbie
 
VeryEvilAsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Delaware
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys. New here so sorry. I posted this in the EXXX-BX thread but I saw this thread too that include all models. I'm not sure what category this falls in but here it goes.

I purchased the 55" E series-B2 a little over a month ago. I used CNETS settings to calibrate the set and it initially looked good. It was amazing watching Blu-Ray movies on my XBox One and PS4 and my Wii U looked crisp. Everything was all well and good until I watched my Comcast X1 box. During hockey games that scroll horizontally I can see a quarter inch thick light gray bar right down the center of my screen. During football games I can see a digital graininess around each player and the grass looks patchy. I pretty much can live with that but last night I watched a Walking Dead that was on my DVR and it was horrible. The black sky looked like a digital mess and when the scene would change an outline of the last character would remain on the screen for a few seconds. I haven't had much time to really sit down and watch cable on it so I've just noticed this last night. I"m hoping this is a setting that I may have screwed up by accident and will do a factory reset tonight.

My X1 box passes through my Xbox one and I figured that was causing the bad picture so I decided to go directly into my Vizio. I had the same problems. I even swapped out my DVR with one of my Comcast satellite boxes and it looked exactly the same. My 47" Philips doesn't have this problem. Can anyone give me some advice?
VeryEvilAsh is offline  
post #5868 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
primetimeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 3,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryEvilAsh View Post
Hi guys. New here so sorry. I posted this in the EXXX-BX thread but I saw this thread too that include all models. I'm not sure what category this falls in but here it goes.

I purchased the 55" E series-B2 a little over a month ago. I used CNETS settings to calibrate the set and it initially looked good. It was amazing watching Blu-Ray movies on my XBox One and PS4 and my Wii U looked crisp. Everything was all well and good until I watched my Comcast X1 box. During hockey games that scroll horizontally I can see a quarter inch thick light gray bar right down the center of my screen. During football games I can see a digital graininess around each player and the grass looks patchy. I pretty much can live with that but last night I watched a Walking Dead that was on my DVR and it was horrible. The black sky looked like a digital mess and when the scene would change an outline of the last character would remain on the screen for a few seconds. I haven't had much time to really sit down and watch cable on it so I've just noticed this last night. I"m hoping this is a setting that I may have screwed up by accident and will do a factory reset tonight.

My X1 box passes through my Xbox one and I figured that was causing the bad picture so I decided to go directly into my Vizio. I had the same problems. I even swapped out my DVR with one of my Comcast satellite boxes and it looked exactly the same. My 47" Philips doesn't have this problem. Can anyone give me some advice?
The gray bar down the center sounds like a defect and I would exchange it. The digital graininess, patchy grass etc is just the reality of the overcompressed signal we get from our providers these days. Nothing you can really do about it.
primetimeguy is offline  
post #5869 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 03:22 PM
Newbie
 
VeryEvilAsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Delaware
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
The gray bar down the center sounds like a defect and I would exchange it. The digital graininess, patchy grass etc is just the reality of the overcompressed signal we get from our providers these days. Nothing you can really do about it.
Unfortunately I've had it for 40 days (10 days past Best Buy's return policy). I contacted Vizio's warranty center and they told me to call back when in front of the TV (I'm currently at work). The TV also powers itself off every so often too. I downloaded a 1080p Walking Dead (Season 5 Episode 3) and threw it on a stick to play through the Xbox one and it still looked bad. That is making me think it's either my TV or bad HDMI cable (even though Xbox One's games look great as well as Blu-Rays).
VeryEvilAsh is offline  
post #5870 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
primetimeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 3,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryEvilAsh View Post
Unfortunately I've had it for 40 days (10 days past Best Buy's return policy). I contacted Vizio's warranty center and they told me to call back when in front of the TV (I'm currently at work). The TV also powers itself off every so often too. I downloaded a 1080p Walking Dead (Season 5 Episode 3) and threw it on a stick to play through the Xbox one and it still looked bad. That is making me think it's either my TV or bad HDMI cable (even though Xbox One's games look great as well as Blu-Rays).
Not your HDMI cable, and you don't say where you got this 1080p download but my guess is still the source. Regardless, I would return the set as you clearing have a defect with the gray line in the middle.
primetimeguy is offline  
post #5871 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 03:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,047
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryEvilAsh View Post
Unfortunately I've had it for 40 days (10 days past Best Buy's return policy). I contacted Vizio's warranty center and they told me to call back when in front of the TV (I'm currently at work). The TV also powers itself off every so often too. I downloaded a 1080p Walking Dead (Season 5 Episode 3) and threw it on a stick to play through the Xbox one and it still looked bad. That is making me think it's either my TV or bad HDMI cable (even though Xbox One's games look great as well as Blu-Rays).

I think you mean 1080i. As far as I know there is no 1080p broadcast of TWD. There are "conversions" but that is a discussion for a very different forum. If you have Blu-Rays use those as tests or even clips directly ripped from blu-Rays. There is a nice thread in the BR section with user made demo discs


Sent from an system/360
Ph8te is offline  
post #5872 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 07:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 18,020
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I think you mean 1080i. As far as I know there is no 1080p broadcast of TWD.

He said that he downloaded it; it's probably 1080p24, which'd be from just about any streaming or download service.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #5873 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 08:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,047
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
He said that he downloaded it; it's probably 1080p24, which'd be from just about any streaming or download service.

Yes I am aware, my statement still stands. Unless I am mistaken there are no "real" 1080p versions of the show until the blu-Ray comes out. Even those available for download are anemic and I would use for reference due to bit rate and unknown source. This is getting to a no no discussion though so I want to be careful. AMC however has locked down their shows so the availability is limited.


Sent from an system/360
Ph8te is offline  
post #5874 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 09:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 18,020
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Yes I am aware, my statement still stands. Unless I am mistaken there are no "real" 1080p versions of the show until the blu-Ray comes out. Even those available for download are anemic and I would use for reference due to bit rate and unknown source. This is getting to a no no discussion though so I want to be careful. AMC however has locked down their shows so the availability is limited.

What is a "no no discussion" ?

Every streaming and download video service is selling The Walking Dead in HD at their highest quality for their highest prices; Netflix has it in 1080p. Are you implying that AMC is providing them with crap to encode? I've checked out some 2-minute previews of VUDU's HDX (they let you view the first two minutes of anything at any quality level you want, which is often mostly production company logos and title sequences but in the case of The Walking Dead pre-title sequence opening scenes). Season One's a little soft but recent season episodes look pretty sharply detailed with good color, though kind of grainy; that could be intentional or some artifact of my television's upconversion of it to 4K (I think that it's an intentional effect of it being shot on Super 16). Netflix's 5800 Kbps 1080p isn't quite as good as VUDU's 9000 Kbps 1080p but it's also decent. I'd have checked out Amazon's 10 Mbps 1080p encode but for some reason they don't have it as Prime Instant Video and there are no samples of TV episodes.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #5875 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
primetimeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 3,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 157
No one is providing 1080p downloads that can be put on a stick and played elsewhere. But we are getting way off topic for this thread. The poster did have legit defect in the display and it should be exchanged.
Ph8te likes this.
primetimeguy is offline  
post #5876 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 10:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 18,020
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
No one is providing 1080p downloads that can be put on a stick and played elsewhere.

True, and illegal downloads would be a taboo topic, though mostly talking about where and how to get them.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #5877 of 5936 Unread 10-31-2014, 10:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,047
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked: 616
No no discussion is talking of anything downloaded that is not legal. He also said Season 5 in 1080p not HD. That would limit the choices and places he can download from.

I'm not saying AMC provides crap encodes at all. I am saying that when you have a show like TWD which had a lot of dark scenes that bitrate can matter (there's a large difference between 5800 and 25-30k. What I was saying is that I wouldn't use the steaming content as a reference for this set. While it's good and fine for everyday viewing I would hope one has multiple sources of media to run tests and troubleshoot. There are just way too many variables involved that can make things hard to troubleshoot.


Sent from an system/360
Ph8te is offline  
post #5878 of 5936 Unread 11-01-2014, 04:29 AM
Newbie
 
VeryEvilAsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Delaware
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
No no discussion is talking of anything downloaded that is not legal. He also said Season 5 in 1080p not HD. That would limit the choices and places he can download from.

I'm not saying AMC provides crap encodes at all. I am saying that when you have a show like TWD which had a lot of dark scenes that bitrate can matter (there's a large difference between 5800 and 25-30k. What I was saying is that I wouldn't use the steaming content as a reference for this set. While it's good and fine for everyday viewing I would hope one has multiple sources of media to run tests and troubleshoot. There are just way too many variables involved that can make things hard to troubleshoot.


Sent from an system/360

I downloaded this from an online source for test reasons. Source claimed to be 1080p not sure if it actually was or not. Either way it looked the same as watching it on the DVR. I did try all this again last night after doing some calibration adjustments and by making the picture a little darker I didn't notice the digital noise as much but I still know it's there. Also the TV seems to start off with this "noise" but after warming up for a bit and changing the picture mode to a custom setting and then back to my CNET settings the digital noise does lessen. I am still noticing the outlines (ghosts) of actors who were on screen when its a quick scene change. After all this I went back to the hockey game I have on my DVR and I am still seeing the vertical gray band right down the center of the screen during horizontal scrolling. I ordered the Disney WOW disc and it should arrive tomorrow. Either way I'm still going to go ahead and call into the warranty center since I am seeing the vertical band and the TV powers off every so often.

I also threw Inglorious Basterds Blu-Ray in last night and it looked beautiful.
VeryEvilAsh is offline  
post #5879 of 5936 Unread 11-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone know what the B# represent? I assume each one is a different panel?

I'm thinking about getting the M502i-B1, so just trying to figure out what the B is.
Keith90 is offline  
post #5880 of 5936 Unread 11-03-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,047
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith90 View Post
Does anyone know what the B# represent? I assume each one is a different panel?

I'm thinking about getting the M502i-B1, so just trying to figure out what the B is.

It is thought to mark the panel supplier. The B signifies that it is a 2014 model.


Sent from an system/360
Ph8te is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Panasonic Th 58px60u 58 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Vizio
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off