2014 Sharp AQUOS Line-Up - Page 122 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3631 of 3640 Old 07-21-2014, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there, 70SQ15U user here! I have a few questions I was hoping maybe some of you have encountered or could help me with:

1. How do I get the TV to convert 2D programming to 3D? When I hit the 2D/3D button I get a message that says NO OPERATION AVAILABLE. It was my understanding this TV could do a conversion? I've watched several actual 3D blu-rays on my PS3 and they look awesome.

2. With my Uverse receiver when I hit View Mode I don't get the option for Dot By Dot. It just says Full Screen. I get this no matter what video mode it's set in.

3. While watching Hulu+ in SmartCentral the video is constantly getting degraded and it stops to reload every few minutes, makes watching anything impossible. I tested Hulu+ thru my PS3 and Roku3 and it's flawless HD quality so I know it's not my internet connection. My TV is hard wired and I have 18MB Uverse service. Anyone else have this issue with Hulu+?

Thx!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 3640 Old 07-22-2014, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post
I don't know if this was already posted but if not, Sound and Vision posted their review of a 60" UQ and the reviewer seemed to like it aside from the mediocre black level. He felt the sharpness and colour was very good and it seems his feelings pretty much match mine based on my time with the SQ.

Here is a link to the calibrated settings he got.

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...-hdtv-settings
Thanks, those settings look very nice on my UQ!
rayven likes this.
post #3633 of 3640 Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicus007 View Post
Hi there, 70SQ15U user here! I have a few questions I was hoping maybe some of you have encountered or could help me with:

1. How do I get the TV to convert 2D programming to 3D? When I hit the 2D/3D button I get a message that says NO OPERATION AVAILABLE. It was my understanding this TV could do a conversion? I've watched several actual 3D blu-rays on my PS3 and they look awesome.

2. With my Uverse receiver when I hit View Mode I don't get the option for Dot By Dot. It just says Full Screen. I get this no matter what video mode it's set in.

3. While watching Hulu+ in SmartCentral the video is constantly getting degraded and it stops to reload every few minutes, makes watching anything impossible. I tested Hulu+ thru my PS3 and Roku3 and it's flawless HD quality so I know it's not my internet connection. My TV is hard wired and I have 18MB Uverse service. Anyone else have this issue with Hulu+?

Thx!!
I figured out #1 and #2 . Turns out my Denon 2113 was doing all the signal processing. When I turned that off I was able to change the View Mode and do the 2D/3D conversion. Which I might add was not very impressive. Seems like a poor mans 3D IMO.
post #3634 of 3640 Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Depends on the content -- I watched some horseracing with the 2D>3D conversion and
the TV was able to make the horses stand out from the background nicely.
It has to have a cue from parallax or something to work from.
post #3635 of 3640 Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfull View Post
Depends on the content -- I watched some horseracing with the 2D>3D conversion and
the TV was able to make the horses stand out from the background nicely.
It has to have a cue from parallax or something to work from.
Good point. I tried it on a few TV shows and it definitely made the object in the foreground jump out a little for that added depth. I'll give football a try once the season starts. LOL

I guess after watching The Avengers 3D BluRay it's not a fair comparison
post #3636 of 3640 Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

I like the 3D ok, but my 2012 set seemed to handle it a little better.
For one thing, it allowed a lot more control over the picture than this one.
More importantly, I've noticed some bright green one-pixel wide outlines of
objects on a couple of discs for brief scenes -- kind of like cut-outs that were
letting the background show through, or something. I never saw that on
the old set and I hope to not see it again on this one. If I do, I'll pause
long enough to make a note of the time and go back to the scene for
further analysis. Haven't seen The Avengers yet...
post #3637 of 3640 Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 128
So have all you owners gone and ordered your Darblets yet?

Next to getting a display truly calibrated, using/buying the Darblet is in my opinion the best thing a user can easily do to improve their picture quality at an affordable price.

Want more image pop? Use the Darblet instead of using jacked up colour temperature and colour settings. The Darblet gives off a perceived increase in ansi/intra-scene contrast while messing with those other settings does not.

Want a sharper image? Use a Darblet instead of bumping up the sharpness control of the TV/display which just adds ringing and artifacts.

I really can't stress how great the little thing is and how much it adds to the image. I have had mine since it first came out and if it broke tomorrow I'd be ordering a replacement right away. Hell, I need to order another one so I don't have to keep moving it from my home theater room projector setup to my bedroom LCD.

The best thing too is that it gives the user the control on how much the effect is used with the 3 different styles and then the percentage of effect to use. That there are some people who don't like it or think it adds very little to the image blows my mind and I think those people are crazy.

If you aren't tight on cash and enjoy your set and would like to take it to a bit of a next level then go order one of these little beauties. It may sound like I am some paid Darblet pitchman but I am not. I just really really like the device (I am passionate when it comes to things I like and endorse. You should see me talk about electronic bidet seats! Pretty much the best invention in human history) and want more people to use it and have a better image and I know based on experience it easily enhances the image these Sharp sets produce.

Cleveland Plasma had them for $250 as at Monday yet it seems the price has gone back up to 295-300. If they get them back to 250 then really, it is IMO a no-brainer to order one from them or if you find another place that has it for that same low price. Even at 300 it is a steal since it adds more than $300 worth of improvement (when say comparing a TV to one that is $300 more) to a display.

ROB

Last edited by rlindo; Yesterday at 03:57 PM.
post #3638 of 3640 Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Liked: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to randye007
Has anyone had any problems pairing their Sharp AN-3DG40 3D glasses with their Sharp LC-80UQ17U LED TV after updating the firmware to 205U1404211?

I went to my local Best Buy and was able to pair my same 3D glasses with the same demo TV. However, the firmware was 180U1402261.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Randy

Sharp LC-80UQ17U, Harman Kardon AVR2600, B&W 602 DM, B&W 302 DM, Paradigm PS-1000, Bell Fibe TV
post #3639 of 3640 Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Setup my new LC-60SQ15U set last Thursday and PQ was about the same as my 6 year old Sharp lcd. Which was heavily calibrated. I cheated and "calibrated " to rlindos calibration settings over the weekend. God what a difference. Have it hooked up to a brand new Sony HT-CT770. Sound is excellent. Just received a Panasonic BDT360 Blu ray. Will be hooking it up this weekend. Sharp Aquos 3D glasses coming this Friday. Can't wait to watch Avatar in 3D/4k upscaling. Anybody else have a similar setup and want to share settings/suggestions? Just synced/setup a Harmony 650 remote also. Hoping for heaven.
post #3640 of 3640 Old Today, 01:54 AM
Advanced Member

You can try these -- many SQ owners have expressed satisfaction. Enjoy!

Sharp UQ17U Calibrations

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
picture , Sharp 80 Inch Le650 Class Aquos Smart Led Tv , Sharp Aquos Quattron 70 Inch Class 3d Tv 2 Pairs Of Active 3d Glassses , Sharp He Lc 70ud1u 70 Inch Aquos 4k Ultra Hd 3d Smart Led Tv , smartcentral
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page