AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by teohenwhy View Post
Where do I find the dejudder function?

Film Mode Advanced +10 setting is what I use -- it gives maximum Soap Opera Effect.
Maybe it has something to do with running it through Play Station -- the TV has to pick
up the 24 frames per second signal in order to interpolate between frames. Just a guess...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 4289 Unread 12-13-2014, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfull View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teohenwhy View Post
Where do I find the dejudder function?

Film Mode Advanced +10 setting is what I use -- it gives maximum Soap Opera Effect.
Maybe it has something to do with running it through Play Station -- the TV has to pick
up the 24 frames per second signal in order to interpolate between frames. Just a guess...
I'm running the PS3 though my Onkyo Receiver which has 4k pass through and 4k up convert so it's actually displaying the PS3 as 2160p 30fps. I'm beginning to think something is wrong with my TV cause no matter what the settings are I never get a soap opera affect on anything I watch.
post #4263 of 4289 Unread 12-13-2014, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that these TV's take around 17 seconds to turn on, is this really true for everyone and all models? I am still considering buying a 70TQ15U, but I have a 1080p 32 inch Samsung EH5300 in the kitchen that turns on almost instantly. This just sounds very surprising to me.
post #4264 of 4289 Unread 12-13-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

"I'm running the PS3 though my Onkyo Receiver which has 4k pass through and 4k up convert so it's actually displaying the PS3 as 2160p 30fps. I'm beginning to think something is wrong with my TV cause no matter what the settings are I never get a soap opera affect on anything I watch."

As a test, you can run a BluRay movie directly to the TV and see if it triggers the Film Mode.
I'm still thinking that the TV doesn't get a 24 frames per second picture to work with by the time it's
run through the Onkyo. You may need to run the signal through the TV first through one HDMI and
to the Onkyo separately. At least try it to narrow down the possibilities. Film Mode doesn't work on
normal broadcast TV, but only on film sources. It has to have something to work with...

Last edited by johnfull; 12-13-2014 at 04:30 PM.
post #4265 of 4289 Unread 12-13-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewSRX View Post
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that these TV's take around 17 seconds to turn on, is this really true for everyone and all models? I am still considering buying a 70TQ15U, but I have a 1080p 32 inch Samsung EH5300 in the kitchen that turns on almost instantly. This just sounds very surprising to me.

They have to pre-load in order for the motion control and the backlight controls to operate.
There is considerably more processing involved in today's sets. I think there is a 'quick on'
feature in the System menu that you can switch on. I have never tried it, since I don't mind the
wait...
post #4266 of 4289 Unread 12-13-2014, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewSRX View Post

I have the 70s1...it now takes about 4-6 seconds to come on...Until recently was about 21 ..probably corrected with an update ..
post #4267 of 4289 Unread 12-13-2014, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue comet View Post
I have the 70s1...it now takes about 4-6 seconds to come on...Until recently was about 21 ..probably corrected with an update ..
Okay, that is good to know. I just went to BB today and played around with a 70TQ15U. I turned it off and then back on and it came on in about 2-3 seconds. This was for both cable and USB.
post #4268 of 4289 Unread 12-13-2014, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi guys... I picked up the 70" Q+ model (LC-70TQ15U) over black Friday. I used the settings listed in this thread to calibrate it. Overall, the settings are really good. Movies and HD programming look great.

My only issue is with regular standard def programing.. it just looks horrible. I have to DVR a lot of standard def because of space limits.

Is there anything I can do to make standard def look better? My last set was a 61" Samsung LED DLP and standard def didn't look as bad as it does on this set.

any advice is appreciated
post #4269 of 4289 Unread 12-14-2014, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevgret View Post
Hi guys... I picked up the 70" Q+ model (LC-70TQ15U) over black Friday. I used the settings listed in this thread to calibrate it. Overall, the settings are really good. Movies and HD programming look great.

My only issue is with regular standard def programing.. it just looks horrible. I have to DVR a lot of standard def because of space limits.

Is there anything I can do to make standard def look better? My last set was a 61" Samsung LED DLP and standard def didn't look as bad as it does on this set.

any advice is appreciated
DVD is standard definition and looks great.
I think it depends on the quality of your source.
Even LaserDisc looks good. Commercial VHS is passable.
Maybe you are seeing the combination of cable/satellite compression
and the degratation that recording onto tape causes.
You should use a new, high-quality tape at high speed (2 hours) to
maximize the output. For everyday, just put up with the blur.
Don't set the screen to Zoom, though -- leave it smaller and crisper.
More than that, I can't say...

post #4270 of 4289 Unread 12-14-2014, 10:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
I just went to BB today and played around with a 70TQ15U. I turned it off and then back on and it came on in about 2-3 seconds.
There is a fast on mode (forgot what it is called) that has a higher standby current. It puts the set in a elevated standby state so it has less to "boot'. The equivalent of the "sleep" mode with PC's.
If you think 17 seconds is too long I had a Mits DLP to took a full 60 seconds. But, that was far better than having it draw 24 watts 24/7 sitting there doing nothing in their fast power on mode. That still took 20 seconds.

kevgret;
DLP's were better with SD material. LCD's have always been terrible, especially with analog programming. They need (or prefer) a 1 to 1 pixel mapping and 480i is a long way off from that. What looked good on a DLP looks fair on a LCD. You can reduce the sharpness setting and/or increase the noise reduction setting to see if that helps. FWIW, SD does look better on the Sharp than the Samsung and far better than on the Vizio.
What's really noticeable is mosquito noise from excessively compressed DVDs'.

Did you sell your Sammy DLP with the LED lighting? Real foolish mistake Samsung did by dumping those sets after the 2nd year.
videokid likes this.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #4271 of 4289 Unread 12-14-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Did you sell your Sammy DLP with the LED lighting? Real foolish mistake Samsung did by dumping those sets after the 2nd year.

I still have my Samsung. I had to get a new set because my Samsung would turn on and off several times before it would turn on. as time went on it would take longer and longer... It looks like a common problem with the samsungs but I don't think it's worth the money to try and get it repaired. I called Samsung and they told me my set was not covered under the class action lawsuit even though it's the same problem they were sued for.

I don't know what to do with my set... I was thinking of putting it on craig's list for a few hundred.

Thanks for the info about SD viewing everybody...I guess I'll have to just get use to it
post #4272 of 4289 Unread 12-14-2014, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Ugh... I just found a dead pixel. Between the wifi issues and now a dead pixel, I'm starting to regret this purchase.
post #4273 of 4289 Unread 12-14-2014, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyP View Post
Ugh... I just found a dead pixel. Between the wifi issues and now a dead pixel, I'm starting to regret this purchase.
Too late to send 'er back?
post #4274 of 4289 Unread 12-14-2014, 05:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 170
kevgret;
If you can narrow it down to where the exact problem is, strip all the other boards from the set and sell them for parts on e-bay. With certain models and certain boards, there is a huge market for them.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #4275 of 4289 Unread 12-14-2014, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevgret View Post
I still have my Samsung. I had to get a new set because my Samsung would turn on and off several times before it would turn on. as time went on it would take longer and longer... It looks like a common problem with the samsungs but I don't think it's worth the money to try and get it repaired. I called Samsung and they told me my set was not covered under the class action lawsuit even though it's the same problem they were sued for.

I don't know what to do with my set... I was thinking of putting it on craig's list for a few hundred.

Thanks for the info about SD viewing everybody...I guess I'll have to just get use to it
Good luck getting rid of it.. Mine is sitting in a spare room... Nobody wants them.. Its outdated technology .. I migght donate mine to a charity if they pick it up
post #4276 of 4289 Unread 12-14-2014, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
Too late to send 'er back?

Nope. I qualify for Amazon's holiday return policy. I have until January 31st.
post #4277 of 4289 Unread Yesterday, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I hooked up my new Sharp over the weekend guys??? Oh my !!! What more can one say?? Sharp truly has the best pic of any t.v I have ever seen for HD only.
? I have a 50 inch M series Vizio which is the best besides there 4K sets? Sharp makes the vizio look like my moms old 12 inch pic from 80`s.lol.. No,Vizio is a great t.v ,but I don't know how other brands can even come close to the pic Sharp has developed! This is my first Sharp T.V. ,and I will b buying there 4K in a couple yr`s to replace this one . But that one will b a 70 incher? This 60 is like so much bigger than other brands I have looked at? probably just me? and I just replaced all the internal wiring in my Definitive Technology BP 2000 with silver coated OFC wire ,and these on the side of this new t.v is AWESOME!!! The sound stage has opened up ,and it makes the t.v seem just that much better? When Im watching a 24 bit flac video even on Youtube ,and seeing there lips moving seems so real!! Like there really in my living room singing>> Amazing... This is the best present I have bought myself since last yr??LOL.. I could however use some advice with my settings?? I`ve almost have the settings accordingly??? But if someone has the settings that I could compare too? And t.vs have become really complicated ,but I love it.. Never thought I would live to live out the Jetsons.?lol
post #4278 of 4289 Unread Yesterday, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyP View Post
Nope. I qualify for Amazon's holiday return policy. I have until January 31st.
Amazon told me their returns on TV's are 90 days now. I had always thought it was 30.
post #4279 of 4289 Unread Yesterday, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
For those looking at or for the remaining LE643U sets around....or primarily for some FYI to those already with them since they seem to be discontinued now....here are some interesting tidbits I discovered while messing with my problematic LC-65LE643U I picked up recently.

As it turns out, these are not true Sharp sets. They are 3rd party licensed sets like some of their low end smaller ones at best buy and the like. Both the LC-55LE643U and LC-65LE643U are both made by AmTRAN Video Corporation....and at least with the 65" model, uses an AUO T650HVN05.5 panel which is a 10bit AMVA3 panel. Full panel specs are here: http://www.panelook.com/T650HVN05.5%...iew_23780.html

Also interesting to note, is that these 2 models are shared with the respective sized JVC Emerald series sets (EM65FTR and EM55FTR). They are not quite 100% identical however. While exactly the same externally, panel wise, etc...the main board and tcon is slightly different. I mean they are the same boards shape/mount/port/etc wise and fully interchangeable in that sense, the actual component configuration with the chips and all is slightly different. Most noteable is the Sharp version has 2 LVDS cables going between the main board and tcon, and of course 2 from the tcon to the panel, but the JVC version uses one LVDS cable between the main board and tcon and the standard 2 from the tcon to the panel. All else it the same. Despite that slight configuration difference, the Sharp and JVC versions use the same firmware (which is how I stumbled upon that and started looking deeper in the first place), so I don't know what that configuration difference amounts to in terms of features or processing.

Besides gee whiz info, this gives you some options when the set is out of warranty and you want to try repairing it vs trashing it. Unlike most brands, you can buy JVC parts from their website, and actually reasonably priced in most cases. For example for these sets, the mainboard is $89 and tcon about $30. If you had one of those parts go out on your Sharp, you could theoreticly pick up both of those (note the above configuration difference) and turn your set into the JVC version...and of course the power board and other parts should be straight up interchangeable.

Also, I have seen various places, people comparing input lag and such to other Sharp models like the 650's and the like. Given this info, these models should have nothing in common with true sharp models, and should be nearly identical to the JVC Emerald FTR models, so keep that in mind.

As far as the problems I am having with mine, that stuff is here: Help! Bright scenes are good, dark scenes TERRIBLE blocky mess
post #4280 of 4289 Unread Yesterday, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsim View Post
I hooked up my new Sharp over the weekend guys??? Oh my !!! What more can one say?? Sharp truly has the best pic of any t.v I have ever seen for HD only.
? I have a 50 inch M series Vizio which is the best besides there 4K sets? Sharp makes the vizio look like my moms old 12 inch pic from 80`s.lol.. No,Vizio is a great t.v ,but I don't know how other brands can even come close to the pic Sharp has developed! This is my first Sharp T.V. ,and I will b buying there 4K in a couple yr`s to replace this one . But that one will b a 70 incher? This 60 is like so much bigger than other brands I have looked at? probably just me? and I just replaced all the internal wiring in my Definitive Technology BP 2000 with silver coated OFC wire ,and these on the side of this new t.v is AWESOME!!! The sound stage has opened up ,and it makes the t.v seem just that much better? When Im watching a 24 bit flac video even on Youtube ,and seeing there lips moving seems so real!! Like there really in my living room singing>> Amazing... This is the best present I have bought myself since last yr??LOL.. I could however use some advice with my settings?? I`ve almost have the settings accordingly??? But if someone has the settings that I could compare too? And t.vs have become really complicated ,but I love it.. Never thought I would live to live out the Jetsons.?lol
Which model did you get?
post #4281 of 4289 Unread Yesterday, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sorry. To excited still! Lol.. Sharp LC-60EQ10U
There is a Monster Conditioner and Teac CD -rec.
The new place is finally being finished after 3 months! So this will not look like this and will b proper. I cant wait to put this thing on the wall?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1418667299476-1423229701_1418667404209.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	423681  
post #4282 of 4289 Unread Yesterday, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsim View Post
Sorry. To excited still! Lol.. Sharp LC-60EQ10U
There is a Monster Conditioner and Teac CD -rec.
The new place is finally being finished after 3 months! So this will not look like this and will b proper. I cant wait to put this thing on the wall?
Nice!
post #4283 of 4289 Unread Yesterday, 05:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 24
So, apart from what's up on the Sharp website (which isn't a real lot), anyone have any useful info on the 2105 lines? Especially the 90 incher?

I didn't buy the 90657U and now I'm wondering if the 2105 will be worth the extra over trying to get the 2014 model.

Then there's the question about what to do with my Mits 73835 DLP...

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #4284 of 4289 Unread Yesterday, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So I think I have finally figured out what my issue is. My Onkyo receiver had a video setting that had different options. I had it set to " Cinema " which gave me a 2160p 30fps display but I changed it back to " bypass " which doesn't use any video options form the receiver and now I am getting a 1080p 24hz picture and everything looks alot better. You would think a 2160p 30hz picture would look better than 1080p but guess not. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by teohenwhy; Today at 12:27 AM.
post #4285 of 4289 Unread Today, 10:58 AM

Hello everyone. I recently purchased the Sharp LC70SQ15U, and am considering returning it. Either I don't have it calibrated properly, or my expectations were too high. I'm considering returning it in favor of the Samsung UN60HU8550F or the Vizio P602UI-B3, or posting here to ask for some calibration help.

I realize the other models are 4k and this one isn't, but the others are 10 inches smaller. I know they also make 70in models, but my options are limited to these 3 sets. Can someone help me calibrate my Sharp? Having only seen the picture quality on this Sharp "uncalibrated" I feel its a no-brainer to switch. But, I do want to give this TV the benefit of proper calibration prior to returning it.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
post #4286 of 4289 Unread Today, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinphilly View Post
Hello everyone. I recently purchased the Sharp LC70SQ15U, and am considering returning it. Either I don't have it calibrated properly, or my expectations were too high. I'm considering returning it in favor of the Samsung UN60HU8550F or the Vizio P602UI-B3, or posting here to ask for some calibration help.

I realize the other models are 4k and this one isn't, but the others are 10 inches smaller. I know they also make 70in models, but my options are limited to these 3 sets. Can someone help me calibrate my Sharp? Having only seen the picture quality on this Sharp "uncalibrated" I feel its a no-brainer to switch. But, I do want to give this TV the benefit of proper calibration prior to returning it.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Try the dynamic setting on this page:

Sharp UQ17U Calibrations
post #4287 of 4289 Unread Today, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfull View Post
Try the dynamic setting on this page:
Thank you.. I saw that and wasn't sure if the settings for the SQ would work. I'll check when I get home. In your opinion, is the jump from my SQ to a smaller 4k TV worth it? I know its not an easy question.
post #4288 of 4289 Unread Today, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinphilly View Post
Thank you.. I saw that and wasn't sure if the settings for the SQ would work. I'll check when I get home. In your opinion, is the jump from my SQ to a smaller 4k TV worth it? I know its not an easy question.
From a normal viewing distance, and with the lack of 4K content,
I think it is a step down to get a smaller 4K screen. My opinion.
Several SQ owners have used the UQ settings to satisfaction.
Other SQ owners have posted some Movie settings elsewhere.
Search Mechman and Rlindo for those if you want.
I like the Dynamic tweaked and use it for everything...
justinphilly likes this.
post #4289 of 4289 Unread Today, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C17chief View Post
For those looking at or for the remaining LE643U sets around....or primarily for some FYI to those already with them since they seem to be discontinued now....here are some interesting tidbits I discovered while messing with my problematic LC-65LE643U I picked up recently.

As it turns out, these are not true Sharp sets. They are 3rd party licensed sets like some of their low end smaller ones at best buy and the like. Both the LC-55LE643U and LC-65LE643U are both made by AmTRAN Video Corporation....and at least with the 65" model, uses an AUO T650HVN05.5 panel which is a 10bit AMVA3 panel. Full panel specs are here: http://www.panelook.com/T650HVN05.5%...iew_23780.html

Also interesting to note, is that these 2 models are shared with the respective sized JVC Emerald series sets (EM65FTR and EM55FTR). They are not quite 100% identical however. While exactly the same externally, panel wise, etc...the main board and tcon is slightly different. I mean they are the same boards shape/mount/port/etc wise and fully interchangeable in that sense, the actual component configuration with the chips and all is slightly different. Most noteable is the Sharp version has 2 LVDS cables going between the main board and tcon, and of course 2 from the tcon to the panel, but the JVC version uses one LVDS cable between the main board and tcon and the standard 2 from the tcon to the panel. All else it the same. Despite that slight configuration difference, the Sharp and JVC versions use the same firmware (which is how I stumbled upon that and started looking deeper in the first place), so I don't know what that configuration difference amounts to in terms of features or processing.

Besides gee whiz info, this gives you some options when the set is out of warranty and you want to try repairing it vs trashing it. Unlike most brands, you can buy JVC parts from their website, and actually reasonably priced in most cases. For example for these sets, the mainboard is $89 and tcon about $30. If you had one of those parts go out on your Sharp, you could theoreticly pick up both of those (note the above configuration difference) and turn your set into the JVC version...and of course the power board and other parts should be straight up interchangeable.

Also, I have seen various places, people comparing input lag and such to other Sharp models like the 650's and the like. Given this info, these models should have nothing in common with true sharp models, and should be nearly identical to the JVC Emerald FTR models, so keep that in mind.

As far as the problems I am having with mine, that stuff is here: Help! Bright scenes are good, dark scenes TERRIBLE blocky mess
Great info Chief! I'm still having a hell of a time getting this set dialed in the way I like it. The never-ending circle I guess.

I recognize you from Slickdeals too.

"We chase misprinted lies"
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
picture , Sharp 80 Inch Le650 Class Aquos Smart Led Tv , Sharp Aquos Quattron 70 Inch Class 3d Tv 2 Pairs Of Active 3d Glassses , Sharp He Lc 70ud1u 70 Inch Aquos 4k Ultra Hd 3d Smart Led Tv , smartcentral
Gear in this thread - Le650 by PriceGrabber.com