2014 Sharp AQUOS Line-Up - Page 149 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4441 of 4458 Unread 03-23-2015, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Thanks. I'm not trying to make it so I can view it off angle with an acceptable picture. Just trying to understand what I'm seeing. Looks like contrast is set all the way up.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4442 of 4458 Unread 03-23-2015, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
Thanks. I'm not trying to make it so I can view it off angle with an acceptable picture. Just trying to understand what I'm seeing. Looks like contrast is set all the way up.
Yup, off angle viewing isn't so great with these sets. If I get more than 30 degrees or so on either side the picture washes out. The other negative on this set is the glare is really bad. I have an open concept house and I have to turn off all the lights from the kitchen or it annoys the crap outta me. Still love the TV though
post #4443 of 4458 Unread 03-26-2015, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Watched LOL Five Armies in 3D. WOW. Just WOW!

This TV is great value at its price point.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #4444 of 4458 Unread 03-29-2015, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Help! Last night, as I had many guests for my 40th birthday party. Turned on the tv to watch the basketball and nothing but a green screen. Tried everything, different sources straight to tv and nothing. The menu would come up, but the tv would not display anything but the green screen!! I did get the protection plan through best buy and they are coming tomorrow. Can anyone help? I'm assuming its the panel? Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

4K. Yay.
post #4445 of 4458 Unread 03-30-2015, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Sounds like it's broken...

Best of luck
post #4446 of 4458 Unread 04-02-2015, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Any progress on a working bluetooth keyboard?

post #4447 of 4458 Unread 04-05-2015, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Have not found a discrete command for the Apps other than Netflis. Saved Pandora to FAVAPP1 and then used it in my Harmony Remote Activity. Which works but if there's a discrete command would rather use it. Netflix seems to get one most often including with this TV. Why not the others?

I will say this TV responds fast. No longer need to dial in the remote's activities with delays, etc.

I continue to be impressed with this TV.

post #4448 of 4458 Unread 04-06-2015, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Any progress on a working bluetooth keyboard?
I tried a apple bluetooth and the TV says "No device found"... that sucks...!

Best of luck

Last edited by 356c; 04-06-2015 at 09:21 AM.
post #4449 of 4458 Unread 04-07-2015, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is there a way to tell what model number a Sharp 80" Aquos Quattron TV is inside the menu? Someone is selling one online and has shown me the book with lots of models on it, and it's hung up on the wall and she can't get to the model back there, is there another way to find it?
post #4450 of 4458 Unread 04-07-2015, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Okay I am slightly confused. Is this TV not part of the 2014 models or just under a different model #? My local Sams Club has the "Sharp 70" Class 1080p Class Smart TV - LC-70C6600U". Yet Sharp's own website has a page for it but says it doesn't have any sellers for that product. When I search the model number LC-70C6600U all I get is amazon .com/Sharp-LC-70LE650U-70-inch-Aquos-1080p/dp/B00BG5M94S which is obviously a different TV. Does anyone have any opinions on this TV? I can't seem to find any reviews on it besides the ones on Sams/Costco's website.
post #4451 of 4458 Unread 04-09-2015, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Been fooling around with the motion enhancement settings. With the panel being 240hz if I set the motion enhancements to OFF does the refresh rate stay at 240?

post #4452 of 4458 Unread 04-10-2015, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Been fooling around with the motion enhancement settings. With the panel being 240hz if I set the motion enhancements to OFF does the refresh rate stay at 240?
I think the motion enhancements only change the backlight strobe rate.
post #4453 of 4458 Unread 04-10-2015, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Since I'm coming from rear projection TV all I can say is I know these terms, haven't lived with them. If that makes sense.

Why would I want to push the back lighting refresh rate past the panel's ability? Seems like any mistiming and I'm creating image blur, image instability, etc., issues.

I also purchased an entry level Sharp 50 inch for my son-in-law and dtr as a house warming gift. Well it was more for my grand dtr to watch Timmy Time....

Had motion blur until we turned Off all image enhancements. Just let it be at 120hz for the panel's default.

I've noticed on my 60 inch 960 Aquamotion makes picture dark and not really any better. Having to bump up the back light setting if I use Aquamotion 960 I end up with a picture that looks almost the same as 240 or even off. A plus B equals C I guess......

Watched the SD and SF baseball game last night. With everything Off the picture was amazing. Even when scanning the crowd and all the colors that have to be quickly updated there was no image degradation. Kemp in the outfield when catching a fly ball in front of the ball park's led score board looked perfect.

I found myself wondering what benefit in terms of the picture are these various refresh settings.

Thanks for your information.

post #4454 of 4458 Unread 04-11-2015, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Since I'm coming from rear projection TV all I can say is I know these terms, haven't lived with them. If that makes sense.

Why would I want to push the back lighting refresh rate past the panel's ability? Seems like any mistiming and I'm creating image blur, image instability, etc., issues.

I also purchased an entry level Sharp 50 inch for my son-in-law and dtr as a house warming gift. Well it was more for my grand dtr to watch Timmy Time....

Had motion blur until we turned Off all image enhancements. Just let it be at 120hz for the panel's default.

I've noticed on my 60 inch 960 Aquamotion makes picture dark and not really any better. Having to bump up the back light setting if I use Aquamotion 960 I end up with a picture that looks almost the same as 240 or even off. A plus B equals C I guess......

Watched the SD and SF baseball game last night. With everything Off the picture was amazing. Even when scanning the crowd and all the colors that have to be quickly updated there was no image degradation. Kemp in the outfield when catching a fly ball in front of the ball park's led score board looked perfect.

I found myself wondering what benefit in terms of the picture are these various refresh settings.

Thanks for your information.
I use the AquoMotion 240 to match the panel as well.
I could only watch the first 17 innings of the Yankees and Red Socks, though...
jsmiddleton4 likes this.
post #4455 of 4458 Unread 04-11-2015, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

At least Boston finally won.

I'm not the baseball fan in my home. My wife is as her dad was.

I use the games to test the TV. Seems like a great way to do so. Plenty of motion, colors, varying depths, etc.

Our Dbacks beat the Dodgers last night.

ANY time the Yankees AND the Dodgers lose, its a good day in my home.

I'll set it to the Aquomotion240 and observe.

I have it set to just 240 right now.

For this TV I've decided to start with one setting at a time and figure it out, move on to next. Thing has so many adjustable options.

post #4456 of 4458 Unread 04-12-2015, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Stumbled across something I'd like to see Sharp address. If you change the settings for Pandora app, whatever the last input was, it changes the settings for that input. Going to the Apps seems to leave the "brains" holding on to the last input.

So if HDMI 1, go to Pandora. Turn off all the resolution enhancements, etc., it is after all Pandora, when I go back to HDMI1 input for bluray, all the resolution enhancements, etc., are OFF when they had been ON.

If I start with TV input, go to Pandora, same deal, turn OFF everything, go back to TV Input, everything that was on is now off.

Doesn't really hurt anything to leave those image settings On for Pandora of course. Just seems like they should be fixed to the current input not HDM1 or TV Input, etc.

How do I explain this to Sharp?

post #4457 of 4458 Unread Yesterday, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Figured this might be a good place to ask for advice. I was at my local BB last night and they have an open box LC-70EQ10U, missing the remote but selling it for $1,300. Manager there mentioned he would get rid of it for $1,000 and I almost bit. I don't really care that much about the remote, I can either order one or use universal.

Does this tv have vertical banding issues ? (especially when panning the screen during sports.. My old tv was very noticeable when watching football or hockey) I see it's edge lit, so I assume it might.. but how bad ? Or did they figure out a way to solve them ?

Thanks for any help.
post #4458 of 4458 Unread Today, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chornee View Post
Figured this might be a good place to ask for advice. I was at my local BB last night and they have an open box LC-70EQ10U, missing the remote but selling it for $1,300. Manager there mentioned he would get rid of it for $1,000 and I almost bit. I don't really care that much about the remote, I can either order one or use universal.

Does this tv have vertical banding issues ? (especially when panning the screen during sports.. My old tv was very noticeable when watching football or hockey) I see it's edge lit, so I assume it might.. but how bad ? Or did they figure out a way to solve them ?

Thanks for any help.
This is on sale for $1799 right now so getting it for $1000 is a good deal... When you say open box, does that mean it was a return or a store display? Would you get a warranty on it? I use a universal remote but I do use the included remote once in a while. It has a ton of buttons including a "netflix" button which I use quite a bit.

I purchased my set on black friday and have not had any issues with banding. I do have slight clouding issues but I recently "rubbed" a portion of it out.

Once you get the settings dialed in (thanks to this forum!) the set is absolutely gorgeous... the 3D works great and the picture is just amazing.

I'm not sure I would buy this open box without some sort of warranty though.. anything can happen when you power it up for the first time at home...
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
picture , Sharp 80 Inch Le650 Class Aquos Smart Led Tv , Sharp Aquos Quattron 70 Inch Class 3d Tv 2 Pairs Of Active 3d Glassses , Sharp He Lc 70ud1u 70 Inch Aquos 4k Ultra Hd 3d Smart Led Tv , smartcentral
Gear in this thread - Le650 by PriceGrabber.com