2014 Sharp AQUOS Line-Up - Page 150 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4471 of 4480 Old 04-26-2015, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 41
IIM......

3D Avengers looked great. No artifacts noted. Only issue that I've noticed with 3D is if someone is sitting some distance from the TV they have to sync the glasses closer to the TV and then move back to their seat. Stay in sync onced paired. Don't seem to like attempting to pair if too far from the TV.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4472 of 4480 Old 04-26-2015, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey Johnfull!

I haven't been on this thread for awhile. I came back on because my TV stopped recognizing my Wi Fi network. As a matter of fact, it finds none when I try to manually find a network. I see some discussion on here, but I didn't want to waste my time, trying to make heads or tails of it all. I figured you would know the scoop and provide some advice or suggestions. I changed nothing with my ISP or router. It just stopped connecting. Any advice to lead me in the right direction?

Also, I have recently noticed 3 "stuck pixels" on y 80UQ. They are not noticeable during regular viewing distance. I only notice them in a black screen and when I am directly in front of the TV. Should I be concerned of this issue? Will more pixels begin to stick? Any known remedies to correct with this model?

Thanks in advance!

Rodney
post #4473 of 4480 Old 04-26-2015, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for checking your set, jsmiddleton4.

I borrowed a friend's PS3 to test. There were no 3D artifacts. I figured that was that, then I tried my PS3 again and now there are no 3D artifacts on it either.

Very strange.
post #4474 of 4480 Old 04-27-2015, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRod16 View Post
Hey Johnfull!

I haven't been on this thread for awhile. I came back on because my TV stopped recognizing my Wi Fi network. As a matter of fact, it finds none when I try to manually find a network. I see some discussion on here, but I didn't want to waste my time, trying to make heads or tails of it all. I figured you would know the scoop and provide some advice or suggestions. I changed nothing with my ISP or router. It just stopped connecting. Any advice to lead me in the right direction?

Also, I have recently noticed 3 "stuck pixels" on y 80UQ. They are not noticeable during regular viewing distance. I only notice them in a black screen and when I am directly in front of the TV. Should I be concerned of this issue? Will more pixels begin to stick? Any known remedies to correct with this model?

Thanks in advance!

Rodney
Yikes, Rodney! Is the set still under warranty?
I had an issue with the WiFi that turned out to be a matter of protocol.
The set will work with some better than with others.
You can ask your internet provider for a different setting to work from.
As for stuck pixels, I've seen YouTube videos that supposedly un-stick
them, but I haven't had the need to try as yet.
It's been so long since I have monkeyed with the UQ set that I've
gotten forgetful. Keep us posted on your progress!
post #4475 of 4480 Old 04-27-2015, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well ups is picking up my tv and amazon is sending me another one, thanks for being ignored...Peace out until next time avs
post #4476 of 4480 Old 04-27-2015, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Pretty sure my TV went bad yesterday. There's a dark, horizontal bad that runs about 1/3 of the screen starting from the bottom. It's darker on the left hand side, and gets lighter as it spans to the right. I'll try to upload a picture later today.

Sharp LC70SQ15U
Denon 4311ci
Ascend Acoustics Towers (NrT)
Ascend Horizon Center (NrT)
Definitive Technology Surrounds BP1.2X
Rythmik E15HP
Epik Empire
post #4477 of 4480 Old 04-27-2015, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRod16 View Post
Hey Johnfull!

Thanks in advance!

Rodney

Rod ...can'T help with pixel problem but similar issue with connectivity. Got it to work by simply unplugging the tv and reconnecting a couple of minutes later.
post #4478 of 4480 Old 04-30-2015, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Which of these Sharp TV's in the 70" size would be best for a conference room?

Thanks.
post #4479 of 4480 Old 05-03-2015, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardware_failure View Post
Which of these Sharp TV's in the 70" size would be best for a conference room?

Thanks.
The UQ17U has the brightest picture.
356c likes this.
post #4480 of 4480 Unread Today, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi guys,

Anyone fully implement the smart central functionality with IR repeaters as I have seen mentioned a few places? Did you just use a normal iR repeater system and how did it work out?

Denon 2312 (cooled with a Cool Components Dual fan cooler w/ temp controller)
Toshiba Regza 46SV670U
Xfinity/Cisco RG200N HDTV/DVR
Sony BDP S590
PS3
MB Quart QLC 404 Mains
MB Quart QLC 304 Center
MB Quart Balcony rear surrounds
HSU VTF 1 MK2
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
picture , Sharp 80 Inch Le650 Class Aquos Smart Led Tv , Sharp Aquos Quattron 70 Inch Class 3d Tv 2 Pairs Of Active 3d Glassses , Sharp He Lc 70ud1u 70 Inch Aquos 4k Ultra Hd 3d Smart Led Tv , smartcentral
Gear in this thread - Le650 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page