2014 Sharp AQUOS Line-Up - Page 151 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4501 of 4525 Old 05-29-2015, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

My Samsung just recently died and I am looking at the 70" EQ. My question is - how is it for gaming (PS4, PC)?
Input lag seems moderate at 60ms but I wanted to know if anyone has used it for shooters or action games - interested to know your experience.

Thx!

Last edited by tentacle2000; 05-29-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4502 of 4525 Old 05-30-2015, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Lc-65le645u

I am having problems with my LC-65LE645U, it is randomly rebooting while watching content.

Anyone else seeing this?

Watching a movie and the screen goes blank, sharp appears, and no single is displayed then finally it comes back on.
jinj likes this.
post #4503 of 4525 Old 05-30-2015, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundrog View Post
I am having problems with my LC-65LE645U, it is randomly rebooting while watching content.

Anyone else seeing this?

Watching a movie and the screen goes blank, sharp appears, and no single is displayed then finally it comes back on.
Yes!

I have a LC-70SQ15U and it does this.

I have a feeling that the software is crashing. It has done this about 20 times since I bought it. It got a firmware update a few weeks ago, still crashes while watching A bluray or netflix through an HDMI port.

This is why I would prefer a 100% dumb tv.
post #4504 of 4525 Old 05-31-2015, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinj View Post
Yes!

I have a LC-70SQ15U and it does this.

I have a feeling that the software is crashing. It has done this about 20 times since I bought it. It got a firmware update a few weeks ago, still crashes while watching A bluray or netflix through an HDMI port.

This is why I would prefer a 100% dumb tv.
If it is still under warranty, let Sharp know right away.
After 2 years of random reboots, they sent me a new set...
post #4505 of 4525 Old 05-31-2015, 08:36 AM

Liked: 11
it's 4 months old. I also have a 2 year plan on it at B&H. Should I service with Sharp, or work with B&H?
post #4506 of 4525 Old 06-01-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundrog View Post
it's 4 months old. I also have a 2 year plan on it at B&H. Should I service with Sharp, or work with B&H?
I would work with Sharp to start with.

Mine is just out of the Sharp warranty, it is under my credit card extended warranty now. I haven't decided what to do yet.
post #4507 of 4525 Old 06-12-2015, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
calibration settings for lc 60tq15u

Hello
I made this calibration and want to share with everyone.
Its in movie av but belive me looks like dinamic just tried:
Movie av
automatic sensor- off
backlight- +10
contrast- +29
brightness- +4
color- +5
tint- +2
sharpness-+6
advanced
resolution enhanced- mode 1
motion enhanced- 240hz
clear picture processing- off
cms- no changes
color temp- high
active contrast- advance
gama adjust: -1
film mode adv- off
digital noise red- off
monochrome- off
light sensor adj- max +16 min +10

I never like the movie av until now. I made this calibration using disney wow hd blu ray and calibrations tools of xbox one.
jhughy2010 likes this.
post #4508 of 4525 Old 06-15-2015, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekelleco View Post
Hello
I made this calibration and want to share with everyone.
Its in movie av but belive me looks like dinamic just tried:
Movie av
automatic sensor- off
backlight- +10
contrast- +29
brightness- +4
color- +5
tint- +2
sharpness-+6
advanced
resolution enhanced- mode 1
motion enhanced- 240hz
clear picture processing- off
cms- no changes
color temp- high
active contrast- advance
gama adjust: -1
film mode adv- off
digital noise red- off
monochrome- off
light sensor adj- max +16 min +10

I never like the movie av until now. I made this calibration using disney wow hd blu ray and calibrations tools of xbox one.
This is a good start... calibrating a display can lead down a long road of obsession and perfectionism. I'm a fan!

Movie mode is likely going to yield the most accurate color. Good pick attempting movie mode. I see that you chose to have your color temp at high. Remember, high will likely be above 9000k color temperature. 6500k is the most accurate color temperature (broad daylight in London). Setting your color temperature to its lowest setting will produce something closer to 6500k (but you will still need to adjust RGB controls to get this accurate).

If you would like, I can share my adjustments that I made using a colormeter and HCFR calibration software. I would venture to say that they would work for your display, but since mine is an SQ they might be off. It might be worth it to invest in a colormeter which can usually be found on sale at Amazon or B&H photo for under $200.
hidekelleco likes this.

Gear: Pioneer VSX-1124-K, NHT Classic Three (L/R), Classic Two (rear) TwoC (center).
PSA V1500 (x2)
HTPC/server (Emby), Fire TV Stick, Chromecast
OTA Winegard HD7698P
Sharp LC-60SQ15U (HCFR calibrated)
post #4509 of 4525 Old 06-18-2015, 01:13 PM

Trying to decide between the four below:

- LC-70UQ17U (Between 1080p and 4k, but haven't heard too many bad things, also cheapest by $250)
- LC-70UD27U (4k version of above, and only $250 more, but heard a lot of complaints on here)
- M70-C3 (PQ looks great but content is full 4k, haven't heard too many bad things, is it worth the extra $300 over Sharps 4k?)
- P702ui-b3 (Some are saying this is the better version of the M70-C3 even though its older, some disagree, price is about the same.)

I saw all four in BB and love them all PQ wise, however they always look good with the specifically made content the TV maker has BB play on the sets, even the 1080p Q+ has special content that BB has to play to make the PQ look as best it can.

When I asked the BB employee to put normal 1080 feed into each set so I can see how it will look at my house he tried to but apparently each set was locked into its content, whether or not he was being truthful, I'll never know.

I'll be sitting approx. 12 feet away from the TV, and mostly watch sports and downloaded or streaming content. My living is fairly bright, but not over the top, with direct sunlight never hitting the corner that the TV will be sitting it.

All TV are $2000 or less where I am looking at.
jhughy2010 likes this.

Last edited by vrenaut74; 06-18-2015 at 01:25 PM.
post #4510 of 4525 Old 06-18-2015, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrenaut74 View Post
Trying to decide between the four below:

- LC-70UQ17U (Between 1080p and 4k, but haven't heard too many bad things, also cheapest by $250)
- LC-70UD27U (4k version of above, and only $250 more, but heard a lot of complaints on here)
- M70-C3 (PQ looks great but content is full 4k, haven't heard too many bad things, is it worth the extra $300 over Sharps 4k?)
- P702ui-b3 (Some are saying this is the better version of the M70-C3 even though its older, some disagree, price is about the same.)

I saw all four in BB and love them all PQ wise, however they always look good with the specifically made content the TV maker has BB play on the sets, even the 1080p Q+ has special content that BB has to play to make the PQ look as best it can.

When I asked the BB employee to put normal 1080 feed into each set so I can see how it will look at my house he tried to but apparently each set was locked into its content, whether or not he was being truthful, I'll never know.

I'll be sitting approx. 12 feet away from the TV, and mostly watch sports and downloaded or streaming content. My living is fairly bright, but not over the top, with direct sunlight never hitting the corner that the TV will be sitting it.

All TV are $2000 or less where I am looking at.
Those are some good options. After owning the 2014 Sharp SQ and spending an awful amount of time calibrating with a meter and software I have come to the conclusion that Sharp really screwed up with the 2014 series of televisions. Until I read a review from a professional calibrator who says that these Sharps can get "near" perfect color accuracy and gray scale calibration I will not buy another again.

Very very many professional calibrators have stated that the Vizio gets near perfect color and gray scale calibration. I will definitely be looking at their televisions in the future and will include it on the short list.

It looks like the 2014 P series has more active lighting zones than this years M series. A deal breaker? I'm not sure but that is definitely something to take into consideration.

Gear: Pioneer VSX-1124-K, NHT Classic Three (L/R), Classic Two (rear) TwoC (center).
PSA V1500 (x2)
OTA Winegard HD7698P
post #4511 of 4525 Old 06-19-2015, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Remote Control

anyone have any luck pairing Samsung sound bar to the sharp tv remote? I also have a Sony bd player that seems to have synced easily but can't get the sound bar to be controlled with the "audio".
post #4512 of 4525 Old 06-20-2015, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the input...its a shame about the Sharp lineup, i don't know why, but I really want to love the Sharp TVs, and they look great in the showroom, but most TVs do when playing specifically adapted content for the tv.

I'll probably end up going with the M or P series...the BB rep said the M and P were pretty much the same, with the P having more active lighting zones, but the M series supposedly having better upscaling.

Tough decision...I can't imagine spending $3,500+ on a 4k TV until it has been out a year or two more. The Samsungs and Sony's look amazing, but their so are their price tags, and not in a good way.
post #4513 of 4525 Old 06-21-2015, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrenaut74 View Post
Thanks for the input...its a shame about the Sharp lineup, i don't know why, but I really want to love the Sharp TVs, and they look great in the showroom, but most TVs do when playing specifically adapted content for the tv.

I'll probably end up going with the M or P series...the BB rep said the M and P were pretty much the same, with the P having more active lighting zones, but the M series supposedly having better upscaling.

Tough decision...I can't imagine spending $3,500+ on a 4k TV until it has been out a year or two more. The Samsungs and Sony's look amazing, but their so are their price tags, and not in a good way.
I have the UQ17U in the 70" size and I'm quite happy with the Q+ function.
I am waiting for the next generation of Quattron to feature better cyan color.
Sharp has promised wider color gamut for the newest top of the line set,
using both the new Spectros phosphors and the Quattron filters.
Meantime, this set has outstanding brightness and contrast and very good
utilization of the blue LED/yellow phosphor scheme.
The UQ uses a better red phosphor than previous models. Just waiting for
that blue-green to makes its appearance...
post #4514 of 4525 Old 06-22-2015, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just want to report that my 70UQ has died. After the Sharp Tech had my try a hard reset by holding in 2 buttons while plugging it back in, I no longer get a picture. The power LED now flashes, 3 long and 1 short, which I think means a bad main board.

Here is a video I took before I called Sharp Tech Support this morning.

post #4515 of 4525 Old 06-22-2015, 10:04 AM

Ugh, that sucks.

Did it give any signs of breaking in the days before it died?
post #4516 of 4525 Old 06-22-2015, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfull View Post
I have the UQ17U in the 70" size and I'm quite happy with the Q+ function.
I am waiting for the next generation of Quattron to feature better cyan color.
Sharp has promised wider color gamut for the newest top of the line set,
using both the new Spectros phosphors and the Quattron filters.
Meantime, this set has outstanding brightness and contrast and very good
utilization of the blue LED/yellow phosphor scheme.
The UQ uses a better red phosphor than previous models. Just waiting for
that blue-green to makes its appearance...
Def not the case with SQ.... SQ does not have good contrast, brightness, color uniformity, etc. I would absolutely not buy this TV again. Looking for various ways to get rid of it whilst not loosing too much money.

PSA V1500 (x2)
OTA Winegard HD7698P
post #4517 of 4525 Old 06-22-2015, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyxv View Post
I just want to report that my 70UQ has died. After the Sharp Tech had my try a hard reset by holding in 2 buttons while plugging it back in, I no longer get a picture. The power LED now flashes, 3 long and 1 short, which I think means a bad main board.

Here is a video I took before I called Sharp Tech Support this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZUQVTbQBl8
Oh, no! My warranty just expired, so I hope it's not contagious!
post #4518 of 4525 Old 06-22-2015, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinj View Post
Ugh, that sucks.

Did it give any signs of breaking in the days before it died?
Not really. Couple of times I had to unplug the TV and plug it back in because the picture started to get choppy. Probably did that 5 or 6 times over the last 7 months.
The flashing you see in the video started 2 days ago. Unplugging the TV momentarily fixes it but the problem eventually comes back. It started coming back sooner each time.

I had a picture until I tried to do the hard reset while I was on the phone with the Sharp Tech. The hard reset never worked and I never got a picture again after that. The white power on LED just flashes now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfull View Post
Oh, no! My warranty just expired, so I hope it's not contagious!
My 1 year warranty expired last month. I had a case number from some stuck and dead pixels that I reported last year. They basically said it was acceptable and OK per their standards. I was a little pissed about that.

Since they already had me on file having a problem with this TV they are covering the repair. They said I will get a call from the local authorized repair company tomorrow to setup an appointment. I rather them replace the TV, but I can't complain since I am out of the warranty period.
post #4519 of 4525 Old 06-23-2015, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyxv View Post
Not really. Couple of times I had to unplug the TV and plug it back in because the picture started to get choppy. Probably did that 5 or 6 times over the last 7 months.
The flashing you see in the video started 2 days ago. Unplugging the TV momentarily fixes it but the problem eventually comes back. It started coming back sooner each time.

I had a picture until I tried to do the hard reset while I was on the phone with the Sharp Tech. The hard reset never worked and I never got a picture again after that. The white power on LED just flashes now.

My 1 year warranty expired last month. I had a case number from some stuck and dead pixels that I reported last year. They basically said it was acceptable and OK per their standards. I was a little pissed about that.

Since they already had me on file having a problem with this TV they are covering the repair. They said I will get a call from the local authorized repair company tomorrow to setup an appointment. I rather them replace the TV, but I can't complain since I am out of the warranty period.
I had a mid-priced set from 2012 that had an issue with re-booting without
a prompt. After several warranty repairs and two years, Sharp replaced it
with the top-of-the-line UQ17U last June. Like you, I had registered the
complaint early and they assured me that any future repair would be covered.
I've now had the UQ for over a year without any issues, so I'm no longer
covered. I hope it lasts until the next batch of Quattron sets come down in
price...
post #4520 of 4525 Old 07-01-2015, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought an LC-55LE653U.

I'm having HDMI connection problems.

Every now and then the picture and audio will drop out and I'll get a "No Signal" message. I've tried multiple HDMI cables which have no problems on my other tvs and all 3 HDMI ports on the Sharp and keep having the same problem. The only way to fix it is to unplug the tv and plug it back in.

Anyone else experience this? Not sure if I should call Sharp or the store I purchased it from.

Last edited by DanM64; 07-01-2015 at 01:15 PM.
post #4521 of 4525 Old 07-05-2015, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 44
No.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #4522 of 4525 Old Yesterday, 04:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM64 View Post
I just bought an LC-55LE653U.

I'm having HDMI connection problems.

Every now and then the picture and audio will drop out and I'll get a "No Signal" message. I've tried multiple HDMI cables which have no problems on my other tvs and all 3 HDMI ports on the Sharp and keep having the same problem. The only way to fix it is to unplug the tv and plug it back in.

Anyone else experience this? Not sure if I should call Sharp or the store I purchased it from.
Sharp is very helpful.
post #4523 of 4525 Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
John,
Do you have any insight on upcoming firmware updates? I've had issues getting screen mirroring to work since I 1st got my 70TQ and during my last chat with support, I was advised that there is an upcoming firmware update that specifically addresses screen mirroring.

Has anyone had any success with screen mirroring on the Aquos models?

Tony
post #4524 of 4525 Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Haven't tried. We use the AppleTV.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #4525 of 4525 Unread Yesterday, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Here is the cal to the Sharp SQ 60" using HCFR and i1display Pro (after owning about 1.5 years and spending over 80 hours perfecting the calibration for Rec 709):

AV MODE: Movie
Automatic Light Sensor: Off
Backlight: +8
Contrast: +27
Brightness: +0
Color: +0
Tint: +0
Sharpness: +0

Advanced
Resolution Mode: Mode 1
Motion Enhancement: 120Hz Low
Clear Picture Processing: Off

C.M.S -Hue
R +7
Y +3
G -7
C +4
B +1
M -8

C.M.S - Saturation
R -2
Y -1
G +1
C +9
B +4
M -3

C.M.S. - Value
Not used

Color Temp: Low
R LO: +0
G LO: +10
B LO: -28
R HI: -2
G HI: -30
B HI: -30

Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: -2
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Color Gamut Range: Standard
Monochrome: Off

After playing around calibrating for nearly 40 hours I finally discovered that having a lower contrast resulted in a lower average dE across the board with all saturation levels of the primaries/secondaries as well as decent color checker average dE. As a consequence, I increased the backlight. What resulted is a very accurate CIE diagram (compared to many other settings I have experimented with) and lower dE. Initially yellow was only accurate with a C.M.S. Saturation of +17. I found that this increased Orange on the color checker pattern too drastically (a dE of over 6) and flesh tones resulted in too much saturation making things noticeably orange... but the CIE diagram didn't reflect this as yellow "appeared" accurate between 0 and 90% saturation. When I used the color checker "yellow orange" pattern to reduce saturation to yellow then 100% yellow became accurate (low dE) and then Orange became accurate as well. Flesh/skin tones were much better.

Anyhow, anybody with an SQ should try out these settings. Remember, it is only good for Rec 709 material. Video games don't really do well as the input lag is too high for movie mode.

PSA V1500 (x2)
OTA Winegard HD7698P
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
picture , Sharp 80 Inch Le650 Class Aquos Smart Led Tv , Sharp Aquos Quattron 70 Inch Class 3d Tv 2 Pairs Of Active 3d Glassses , Sharp He Lc 70ud1u 70 Inch Aquos 4k Ultra Hd 3d Smart Led Tv , smartcentral
Gear in this thread - Le650 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page