2014 Sharp AQUOS Line-Up - Page 160 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 195Likes
post #4771 of 4778 Unread 09-23-2016, 03:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have a LC-60EQ10U that I bought in October, 2014.
I haven't experienced any problems with it.
356c likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4772 of 4778 Unread 10-19-2016, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 28
New issue as of overnight. TV audio is off. All signal is run through an AVR, where volume is controlled. As of some time early morning, when I adjust the AVR volume, I get TWO onscreen volume bars... one for the AVR, as expected, and one for the TV. THe TV is definitely not producing sound through speakers, and I have confirmed in Menu|Audio that nothing is enable.

In addition to being just plain annoying, the TV bar partially blocks view of the real volume bar, so setting to desired number requires real attention.

I have changed NOTHING on any component in the system in months, and am not specifically aware of any firmware changes (the AVR asked me a couple of days ago, and I declined the update).

I feel like this is "simply" a matter of the TV IR thinkin the AVR remote is talking to it... but how/why would this behavior have popped up out of nowhere? And more importantly, how do I make it stop?
post #4773 of 4778 Unread 10-21-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
New issue as of overnight. TV audio is off. All signal is run through an AVR, where volume is controlled. As of some time early morning, when I adjust the AVR volume, I get TWO onscreen volume bars... one for the AVR, as expected, and one for the TV. THe TV is definitely not producing sound through speakers, and I have confirmed in Menu|Audio that nothing is enable.

In addition to being just plain annoying, the TV bar partially blocks view of the real volume bar, so setting to desired number requires real attention.

I have changed NOTHING on any component in the system in months, and am not specifically aware of any firmware changes (the AVR asked me a couple of days ago, and I declined the update).

I feel like this is "simply" a matter of the TV IR thinkin the AVR remote is talking to it... but how/why would this behavior have popped up out of nowhere? And more importantly, how do I make it stop?
And now, making absolutely ZERO changes, it is back to normal. That is a little disconcerting.
post #4774 of 4778 Unread 10-26-2016, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Had the same problem.. unplugged the tv for a few minutes and all was well when re plugged...
labboypro likes this.
post #4775 of 4778 Unread 10-26-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue comet View Post
Had the same problem.. unplugged the tv for a few minutes and all was well when re plugged...
Thanks for the data point and solution*. That's an ominous problem that it gremlins it's way in and out so easily. Grrr.

*of course, that's just a "clear your cache and reboot"... which is what the 'support people' tell us to do when they have no clue what's wrong. As a 30+ year (retired) veteran of the bleeding edge tech R&D world, it was always a HUGE red flag when "reboot" was the 'solution' someone presented to a problem. That's fine if that really is the solution, but we'd need to understand WHAT a reboot actually did to solve the problem before we'd ship the product (I was in the high availability world, where things MUST work at all times. I suspect Sharp doesn't consider their products to fit this category.)

Oh, and don't take the above as dinging you... unless you're a Sharp engineer. We're not supposed to know how the product is architected. Thanks again.

/rant off
post #4776 of 4778 Unread 11-01-2016, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I have had my LC-70SQ15U for just over two years.

It has been plagued by the random reboot issues, which I have put up with.
Now it has developed several large white hot spots.

I have had a Panasonic 58" Plasma HD TV for about 7 years, not had a single issue with it.

Kinda sucks. But explains why Sharp has been losing money and got bought out.
jhughy2010 likes this.
post #4777 of 4778 Unread 11-02-2016, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinj View Post
I have had my LC-70SQ15U for just over two years.

It has been plagued by the random reboot issues, which I have put up with.
Now it has developed several large white hot spots.

I have had a Panasonic 58" Plasma HD TV for about 7 years, not had a single issue with it.

Kinda sucks. But explains why Sharp has been losing money and got bought out.
I'm very hesitant about Sharp because of this. My SQ froze up a few months ago when switching it to game mode and I had to unplug it twice to get it back to movie mode. I've been hesitant every since to switch to game mode. I've been eyeing the newer Sharp N7100U 70" but have been on the fence about pulling the trigger because of my experience with the SQ.
post #4778 of 4778 Unread 11-02-2016, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post
I'm very hesitant about Sharp because of this. My SQ froze up a few months ago when switching it to game mode and I had to unplug it twice to get it back to movie mode. I've been hesitant every since to switch to game mode. I've been eyeing the newer Sharp N7100U 70" but have been on the fence about pulling the trigger because of my experience with the SQ.
I personally wouldn't.

Do a search for "sharp white hotspots", it is mentioned many places.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
picture , Sharp 80 Inch Le650 Class Aquos Smart Led Tv , Sharp Aquos Quattron 70 Inch Class 3d Tv 2 Pairs Of Active 3d Glassses , Sharp He Lc 70ud1u 70 Inch Aquos 4k Ultra Hd 3d Smart Led Tv , smartcentral
Gear in this thread