post #121 of 121 Old 06-06-2014, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by eapleitez View Post

Why are you glad in reduction of features? 3D and FALD are not mutually exclusive, and 3D is not a cause of a panel having poor PQ. Vizio eliminated me as a potential buyer this year when they eliminated 3D. I cannot consider a television for purchase without it. And that's kind of disappointing, because it seems Vizio wants to get real serious about higher end televisions this year.

Since you probably don't know, Escape has a serious hatred for 3D and seems to think the technology is responsible for people in Hollywood being lazy with their movie making so his solution is to get rid of the tech at the consumer end which I guess will bring Hollywood back to the golden era and they'll suddenly stop making every 3rd movie be a sequel or remake and all those non 3D movies that are lousy will somehow turn into great movies because the tech they don't even use will be gone.

I would gather adding 3D to TVs costs very little since the tech isn't new so I simply don't buy the argument that a company needs to ditch it to focus on better PQ.

Interesting if there are people (I'm not implying Escape is as I do not know) who like or want 3D being gone for "cost" and "picture quality" reasons yet are fine with all the apps and other non image quality stuff they throw into TVs. The trend I see is how more companies are pushing their "smart" features on their sets rather than improved picture quality and I don't see that trend dying in the near future.

ROB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Ces 2014

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page