Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post
Amazon is once again taking orders on the 55" P
3-4 weeks now, getting closer :P

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
^^ .. fwiw, Amazon "signup to be notified" for VIZIO P702ui-B3.
post #633 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son View Post
^^ .. fwiw, Amazon "signup to be notified" for VIZIO P702ui-B3.
That has been around for a few weeks, and you could actually place orders as well. I ordered a 70 incher a few weeks ago.

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
post #634 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 72
i signed up or the email notification i still haven't received it and i knew it was available when it was posted here lol
post #635 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post
That has been around for a few weeks, and you could actually place orders as well. I ordered a 70 incher a few weeks ago.
.. oops, sorry
post #636 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 595
For those keeping watch on this thread all but 1 of the 50" sets are now available for preorder on the Vizio site. None have manuals that are live yet, but it states will ship within next 30 days.

Best Buy now offers the Pseries for pre order, when checking the 1st available delivery date for the 65" in my area was 9/23. This falls inline with the P series "launch" event that is supposed to be occurring around that same time.

Add Sam's Club to the list as well

Sent from my Flip Phone using DOS
mo949 likes this.

Last edited by Ph8te; 09-11-2014 at 04:31 PM.
post #637 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
For those keeping watch on this thread all but 1 of the 50" sets are now available for preorder on the Vizio site. None have manuals that are live yet, but it states will ship within next 30 days.

Best Buy now offers the Pseries for pre order, when checking the 1st available delivery date for the 65" in my area was 9/23. This falls inline with the P series "launch" event that is supposed to be occurring around that same time.

Best Buy is no longer available. I tried with both the 55 and 60. The best part... they let you THINK its available, add it to your cart, checkout, and even enter all your CC info and pay!!!! But then a pop-up comes up and says:

"We're sorry! Due to high demand, the status of one or more of your items has changed.

Sold Out: VIZIO - P-Series - 55" Class (54-5\/8" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - 240Hz - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV This item has been removed from your order."

The worst part... I have a 10% off coupon it let me use! That was $170 off the 60!
post #638 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 06:54 PM

Been lurking for quite a while following this thread and eagerly awaiting any new info, was stoked to see best buy finally added (there's one just down the road) and I like the idea of an easy return if (please don't say) our beloved p-series somehow isn't all its cracked up to be...
post #639 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdepoch View Post
Best Buy is no longer available. I tried with both the 55 and 60. The best part... they let you THINK its available, add it to your cart, checkout, and even enter all your CC info and pay!!!! But then a pop-up comes up and says:

"We're sorry! Due to high demand, the status of one or more of your items has changed.

Sold Out: VIZIO - P-Series - 55" Class (54-5\/8" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - 240Hz - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV This item has been removed from your order."

The worst part... I have a 10% off coupon it let me use! That was $170 off the 60!
Ive seen this recently with other items. I had to sign out, add to cart then check out. Of course they may still be updating the system as this was "just" added sometime this afternoon.
post #640 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 26

Many seem to be buying this set sight unseen. Is this not unusual for the AVS crowd?
videobruce likes this.

I'd love to get my hands on a Blu Monster's Ball.-LilStinky

Refering to a possible release of said movie on BD LOL
post #641 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 965 Post(s)
Liked: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urza View Post

Many seem to be buying this set sight unseen. Is this not unusual for the AVS crowd?

To an extent. The E-Series and M-Series have been well received and some of us have been waiting for these since they were announced at CES, 9 months ago.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #642 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member

I think its a couple things compared to the prices of the other previously released 4k sets, these are a steal. couple that with them being fald and the other gamer friendly features Vizio added. the P series is likely to steal a few from the sieki crowd as well.
post #643 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
It looks like the 50" set is available to pre-order from Vizio, but it carries $100 in shipping with it. Has the 50" popped up anywhere else at all?
post #644 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotide View Post
It looks like the 50" set is available to pre-order from Vizio, but it carries $100 in shipping with it. Has the 50" popped up anywhere else at all?

Be careful--that's the P502ui-B1E, not the P502ui-B1. The model with the trailing "E" is lower spec: 120 Hz versus 240 Hz, 16.7M colors versus 1.07B .
Riotide likes this.

post #645 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know people have mentioned that the metallic accents on the P series are not the same as the M series. However, has anyone here seen one in person, perhaps a CES attendee, that can describe the actual color? It appears to be a dark/gunmetal gray in most current images, but there are more than a few that make the accents appear much closer to the silver on the M series.
post #646 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 16
[QUOTE=Ph8te;27335914

Sent from my Flip Phone using DOS[/QUOTE]

That actually concerns me a bit, as Vizio has never offered their upper series tv's at Sams Club previously, not even at Costco (at least not the current year's models). I truly hope it isn't an indication of lack of faith in the product.

John

Last edited by John Clark; 09-11-2014 at 10:54 PM.
post #647 of 896 Old 09-11-2014, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
That actually concerns me a bit, as Vizio has never offered their upper series tv's at Sams Club previously, not even at Costco. I truly hope it isn't an indication of lack of faith in the product.

John

4k is the next big thing. Vizio really hasn't had anything above the M series to offer recently. Now that they do they'll try to maximize exposure to the greatest number of people. There are not many 4K TVs in Big Box stores so they will be one of the few offerings and due to the price they'll stand out against the rest. Not sure why one would worry.

post #648 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
That actually concerns me a bit, as Vizio has never offered their upper series tv's at Sams Club previously, not even at Costco (at least not the current year's models). I truly hope it isn't an indication of lack of faith in the product.

John
I would take it as the opposite myself. They are trying to push it out everywhere to get people to see their new line because of how great and afforable it is.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
post #649 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The review for the E Series was just completed on rtings.com:

https://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lc...vizio/e-series

I sure hope that the FALD on the P Series is better than the dimming they observed in the E Series (see the Q&A at the bottom for in-depth analysis). It would stand to reason that this be the case, but we'll have to just wait and see.
post #650 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 06:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Yes, there is a lot of 'first on the block' types here.
Thats' good for everyone else. Let someone else beta test the product.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.

Last edited by videobruce; 09-12-2014 at 06:40 AM.
post #651 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 06:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 161
On a separate note, has anyone noticed the power consumption of the P series? 3x the E & M series. 240 to 285 watts depending on size. One would think they were trying to out class Plasma.

dancinbear;
Next to test is a M series, the P's are not on his list (yet).

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #652 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinbear View Post

I sure hope that the FALD on the P Series is better than the dimming they observed in the E Series (see the Q&A at the bottom for in-depth analysis). It would stand to reason that this be the case, but we'll have to just wait and see.
Very interesting review. In general he likes the set, just not the dimming scheme, and the horrible grey uniformity.

My question about the Grey, since I am no expert. When watching movies,playing games etc, are we really going to be seeing a checkerboard pattern? Or is this just some picky thing the OCD AVS crowd has to "look" for in certain situations?

I'd love to get my hands on a Blu Monster's Ball.-LilStinky

Refering to a possible release of said movie on BD LOL
post #653 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinbear View Post

They seem to indicate that it has to do with the E-Series having too few zones. I don't know if the 60 or 70 zones in the P-Series will solve that issue of it's still too few. Time will tell I suppose.
post #654 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
On a separate note, has anyone noticed the power consumption of the P series? 3x the E & M series. 240 to 285 watts depending on size. One would think they were trying to out class Plasma.

dancinbear;
Next to test is a M series, the P's are not on his list (yet).

Its not always 3x 240 for 65M 360 for 65P..... Sure its more but not 3x more. I wouldn't even include the E series as that has the least amount of tech and is not in the same "class".

Quote:
Very interesting review. In general he likes the set, just not the dimming scheme, and the horrible grey uniformity.

My question about the Grey, since I am no expert. When watching movies,playing games etc, are we really going to be seeing a checkerboard pattern? Or is this just some picky thing the OCD AVS crowd has to "look" for in certain situations?

For the E series, yes you could, the M series solves some of the issues seen in the E series. If you search through the threads of the E and M series you'll see owners going from E to M and noticing a visible improvement especially with regards to the uniformity. While banding still has been reported in the M series, it is no were near as prevalent as the E series. Not sure why we are trying to compare the e (value) and P (premium) sets...Just adds to confusion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhhYes View Post
They seem to indicate that it has to do with the E-Series having too few zones. I don't know if the 60 or 70 zones in the P-Series will solve that issue of it's still too few. Time will tell I suppose.
E series is closer to the M, BUT the M series has better uniformity than the E series as well as a few other features that members who have gone from E to M series have noticed a visible improvement. Since the P series is totoally different Panel wise, we cant really use them as a "measuring stick" I don't think (I could be wrong). The only thing that may be similar is the implementation of the dimming zones (the algorithm)....
post #655 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That looks like the same model iceblast has. This review is just saying what we pretty much already knew months ago. The tvs a great value, but it deosnt have enough sones to be effective, that's why most owners just turn it off. Now when it comes to the m series local dimming becomes effective.

Most owners have reported blooming, some in certain scenes. Blooming is expect extend with the P series as well, but it'll have better local dimming and possibly better grey uniformity etc.

The E series still did quite well though scoring pretty high. I think maybe certain settings were off in order to actually see the LEDs
Ph8te likes this.
post #656 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:

I am just in a tough spot as my trusty plasma is no longer around, and I want something decent without breaking the bank. I don't so much care about 4k, but just want decent processing, and the future proofing doesn't hurt. Vizio seems to have been really making a name for themselves lately (at least as far as value is concerned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Ive seen this recently with other items. I had to sign out, add to cart then check out. Of course they may still be updating the system as this was "just" added sometime this afternoon.

Tried again first thing this morning... same thing happened. The only difference was when I got to the shipping date, it had changed from 9/23 to 9/24 ...so I thought maybe it meant it would work this time, and all the very first deliveries had been filled last night, but now a second wave had opened. Sadly, to no avail. the same error message came up after the whole transaction.
post #657 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

Well, the E series, and the M series are pretty good tv's, and the P series has a lot of hardware improves over the E and M. Sounds like most people want it for 1080p viewing, and could careless for 4k. Or they want it as a computer monitor, 4 x the desk space.

Then there's the R series, that's going to be pretty pricey. I think Vizio is going to be the best tv this year to get as well.

So, the P series is the perfect choice. You get a tv that should do everything, I would hope, I great deal better then the E and M, and every other tv, for a price that isn't overwhelming, Like the R series is probably going to be for most people.

As long as Vizio can do 1080p, as good or better then the current models, then everyone should be happy. Considering the hardware power, to handle motion, color, black and white, and AC Wifi speed. Plus, HEVC H.265 codec, and even better gaming, the P series really does sound like the winner to place your bets on.
bpdepoch likes this.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2

Last edited by iceblast; 09-12-2014 at 02:15 PM.
post #658 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I as others haven't had any luck with Best Buy's pre-order on the 70".
post #659 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 47
If you guys want to have an idea of the performance of the Vizio M602i-B3 check out the review done by Sound & Vision magazine available online.
The reviewer found no clouding, screen clouding or any backlight-related issues, all full-field gray test patterns looked evenly illuminated viewed full on, excellent black level and shadow detail, passed all video processing tests and full-on/full-off measured calibrated contrast ratio of over 37,000:1 with FALD engaged, otherwise native contrast ratio of over 4,000:1, both excellent figures.
The only "problem" was the unavailability of gamma presets or adjustments, which gave the picture a subjectively brighter look but at the same time maintaining the excellent black level.
post #660 of 896 Old 09-12-2014, 05:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Thanks, MCaugusto--said review can be read here:
Quote:
AT A GLANCE

Plus
  • Great black levels and screen uniformity
  • Mostly accurate color
  • Good set of streaming options
  • Low-glare screen

Minus
  • No gamma preset or adjustment

THE VERDICT

While it’s not quite the deal you get with Vizio’s lower-cost E series HDTVs, this M series set offers excellent performance at a very good price.
They also named it a "Sound & Vision Top Pick" .

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Ces 2014

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page