30Likes

post #511 of 516 Old 08-20-2014, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSonntag View Post
^^ I agree completely! So when joe six-pack buys a "UHDTV" this year, and in 1-2 years it can't support the color spectrum that the "final" UHDTV standard specifies, what manufacturers are going to step up and say "Sorry, we misled you, your brand new 4k bluray discs won't be presented in all their Rec 2020 color glory..."

Maybe the current standard should be called "pseudo-UHDTV", or maybe the final standard should be named "Full-UHDTV"...
Having a first gen DVD player that only had an s video out as it's best connection, I still had countless hours enjoying the crisp clear picture, far better then my LD collection. Buying a HDTV with only one component connection years before hdmi was a standard didn't stop me from enjoying every last bit of high def content I could find( enhanced DVDs were the best my point is that being an early adopter sucks only in hindsight. While everyone was yelling don't buy this! , I was enjoying the best pic possible, and thanks to me and other early adopters, everyone could then enjoy what I had years later...... Cut to today, and I'm glad people are picking up uhd sets.... The picture looks amazing today, and it might get better down the road, but who wants to sit and wait it out forever? Thank to high early demand, we get a vizio 4k set starting at $1000, just about $250 more than a regular 1080 p vizio m series.... In what world is that a bad thing....
channelserf likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 516 Old 09-11-2014, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I'm surprised no one's been talking about this for a while... any news from CEDIA about Vizio? They are supposed to have a press event right?
post #513 of 516 Old 09-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
I'm surprised no one's been talking about this for a while... any news from CEDIA about Vizio? They are supposed to have a press event right?
Idk about CEDIA, but I know there's a P series launch event in a couple weeks. That's probably when they'll say more about the R series.
post #514 of 516 Old 09-11-2014, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post

Press event is at the end of September...most likely though the information regarding the R series will be under embargo....There has been some discussion about the R series in the main Vizio thread, but really since not much is known outside of the webpage set up for it there isn't much to say...
post #515 of 516 Old 09-15-2014, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Surely the stand is removable, maybe the speakers bar too. How is this sucker going to hang on the wall?
post #516 of 516 Old 09-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes250R View Post
Surely the stand is removable, maybe the speakers bar too. How is this sucker going to hang on the wall?
The speaker/sounder bar is removable, so I assume it is wall mountable with or without it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Ces 2014 , Vizio

User Tag List