30Likes

post #511 of 511 Old 08-20-2014, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSonntag View Post
^^ I agree completely! So when joe six-pack buys a "UHDTV" this year, and in 1-2 years it can't support the color spectrum that the "final" UHDTV standard specifies, what manufacturers are going to step up and say "Sorry, we misled you, your brand new 4k bluray discs won't be presented in all their Rec 2020 color glory..."

Maybe the current standard should be called "pseudo-UHDTV", or maybe the final standard should be named "Full-UHDTV"...
Having a first gen DVD player that only had an s video out as it's best connection, I still had countless hours enjoying the crisp clear picture, far better then my LD collection. Buying a HDTV with only one component connection years before hdmi was a standard didn't stop me from enjoying every last bit of high def content I could find( enhanced DVDs were the best my point is that being an early adopter sucks only in hindsight. While everyone was yelling don't buy this! , I was enjoying the best pic possible, and thanks to me and other early adopters, everyone could then enjoy what I had years later...... Cut to today, and I'm glad people are picking up uhd sets.... The picture looks amazing today, and it might get better down the road, but who wants to sit and wait it out forever? Thank to high early demand, we get a vizio 4k set starting at $1000, just about $250 more than a regular 1080 p vizio m series.... In what world is that a bad thing....
channelserf likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Ces 2014 , Vizio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page