Vizio Reference Series UHDTVs at CES 2014 - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 35Likes
post #541 of 545 Unread 05-28-2015, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Anyone know if the speakers are optional on the 65"? I already have my own sound equipment and I don't want to pay a markup on something I won't need. Disappointed enough there is no 3d, both combined may be a deal breaker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 545 Unread 05-28-2015, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassConfusion View Post
Anyone know if the speakers are optional on the 65"?
They are reportedly removable but not optional. However, no official release so who knows. I'm probably going with Panasonic CX850U if we don't hear anything about the R by the time it's available.
post #543 of 545 Unread 05-29-2015, 03:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Are you guys aware Vizio showed this TV in April in New York City?? There were three 65" and one 120". For comparison there were also a Plasma and a HU8550. The purpose reportedly was to "showcase HDR with Dolby Vision".

The person who saw it wasn't impressed, but he is a Samsung fan, not Vizio.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #544 of 545 Unread 05-29-2015, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I don't care how many times they show prototypes. Until it's actually released and available I won't believe it's a real product. I have been waiting 2 years for this. The only reason I haven't purchased something else is that there hasn't been anything I've seen that's better than what I have now. I think the Panasonic CX850U may be the one, it's supposed to be released in the next few weeks. If it comes out and I like what I see, I'm not waiting on the Vizion R anymore.
mpgxsvcd likes this.
post #545 of 545 Unread 05-29-2015, 12:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 203
The point is, at least it was shown and it was more than one. Other than the initial showing last year, is this the first non show showing (for lack of a better term)?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Ces 2014 , Vizio