Forum Jump: 
post #3211 of 3228 Old 12-18-2014, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
Got my replacement. It's worse than the original.

Guess I'll just keep the original and keep Active Zones on
I tried a third set and it had the same problem, but was lucky enough to find a 51" Samsung PN51F8500 in stock for $999 as I considered trying a fourth. Bought the Samsung immediately, and returned the Vizio for a refund. I can deal with imperfect PQ, but that clouding took me out of every dark scene. Couldn't do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3228 Old 12-18-2014, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIVJackal View Post
Is the "Dirty Screen" something than can be fixed through firmware updates? Is there any sort of repair for it? I just wish that Vizio would listen to our complaints and really spend the time to Get It Right! It's the details that count.
Unfortunately, firmware doesn't generally fix it unless something got really screwed up with how it controls the display. Some models and brands just handle it better than others.
post #3213 of 3228 Unread 12-18-2014, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsfanatic View Post
I was having the same problems described here and I did a live chat session with Vizio and seemed to have fixed all the problems.

Of course we had to do through the normal reset the TV to factory defaults and reset the TV by holding the power button for 30 seconds etc. I of course explained I had already done this and the only cause of this issue was the firmware before the firmware everything was fine.

The live support person then gave another thing to try that I had not tried before. Go to System>System Info and then scroll down to the very bottom and select Service Reset and then after that the TV should turn off and back on if it does not turn back on by itself then turn it on manually. After it is back on then Reset the TV to factory defaults and check the TV settings after that.

For me after doing the Service Reset and then resetting the TV to factory defaults the Active LED zones set to off works(or at least is set to off by default)All the options seem to stick and stay at least so far....will update if anything changes.
Great info. This issue has been seriously annoying but I just haven't had time to dive into it. I will try this out and report back, thanks for the update. Maybe I should call into Vizio regardless, just to have one more ticket on this issue.
post #3214 of 3228 Unread 12-18-2014, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there a consensus on the best calibration settings for the E550i-B2. I am getting weird artifacts when watching live sports with the Cnet Settings. The team wearing white looks very grainy
post #3215 of 3228 Unread 12-18-2014, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyparsons View Post
I agree with your assertion that settings may not be the same set to set. I'd still like to see your settings as my TV exhibited the same red push that you describe.
I share this sentiment. I would still like to see the settings. My experience with my previous four of these has shown me that if you can start with settings from someone with the same set, and likes the same calibration "style" as you; it provides an excellent jump point for tweaking with a blue filter.

It's also interesting to see where your settings end up compared to others after tweaked to your liking.

It also drives me nuts having an 11 point calibration scale and not being able to calibrate it. Using someone else's calibration makes me happy.
post #3216 of 3228 Unread 12-18-2014, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have an E700i-B3 that I received as a replacement from Vizio for a defective E700-A3E. No matter which input I use, the screen will get dark on areas of the screen as if the TV is adjusting itself for some reason. I have all of the picture settings turned off, but it keeps doing it. It's very distracting and annoying.
post #3217 of 3228 Unread Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Titans_Fan View Post
I have an E700i-B3 that I received as a replacement from Vizio for a defective E700-A3E. No matter which input I use, the screen will get dark on areas of the screen as if the TV is adjusting itself for some reason. I have all of the picture settings turned off, but it keeps doing it. It's very distracting and annoying.
Yeah, this is the active LED zones being on despite the setting being turned OFF. It's a known issue if you scroll back a few pages and the reason I checked out this thread..had to make sure I wasn't alone. Hopefully the next firmware update will address this. This solution sucks, but you can go into the advanced picture settings and turn active LED zones from off to on to off again each time you turn the TV on to fix the problem in the meantime if it really drives you crazy.
post #3218 of 3228 Unread Yesterday, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_shackleford View Post
Yeah, this is the active LED zones being on despite the setting being turned OFF. It's a known issue if you scroll back a few pages and the reason I checked out this thread..had to make sure I wasn't alone. Hopefully the next firmware update will address this. This solution sucks, but you can go into the advanced picture settings and turn active LED zones from off to on to off again each time you turn the TV on to fix the problem in the meantime if it really drives you crazy.
Ok, thank you. It was weird the other day because I reset everything to factory settings and turned everything in advanced picture to Off. The picture looked fine. Then the next day I turned on the TV and it started doing the crazy LED zone thing again.

BTW, how do you know when firmware is available? Do you get notifications, call tech support or check somewhere on the website?
post #3219 of 3228 Unread Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Titans_Fan View Post
BTW, how do you know when firmware is available? Do you get notifications, call tech support or check somewhere on the website?
Unfortunately the upgrade system from Vizio is horrible. They just automatically push firmwares to you whenever they feel like it (assuming your TV is connected to the Internet), whether you want them or not, no prompting, no choice to accept or decline. If I'm happy with the way the TV works, just leave me alone, don't push something that may make it worse. And they seem to enable their spyware feature aka Smart Interactivity after each firmware upgrade.

Last edited by SirDracula; Yesterday at 12:21 PM.
post #3220 of 3228 Unread Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Taking delivery of my 3rd E700i-B3 this afternoon, hopefully this will be the winner. First one had a gap between the screen and the bezel for about 10" on the left hand side exposing a row or two of LEDs...second one had a group of dead pixels (about 20) in the top left hand corner...wish me luck
post #3221 of 3228 Unread Yesterday, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
After the latest update I decided to turn ON the active LED zones and cannot experience the issue anymore. This is the 60 inch B3. My settings are the edited vivid (off, 100, 50, 80, 55 *color*, -4, 57, normal * temp* , medium *black detail*, on, off, low, low, off. auto, 2.2 *gamma*)
Thank you VIZIO!
post #3222 of 3228 Unread Yesterday, 11:34 PM

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregka View Post
After the latest update I decided to turn ON the active LED zones and cannot experience the issue anymore. This is the 60 inch B3. My settings are the edited vivid (off, 100, 50, 80, 55 *color*, -4, 57, normal * temp* , medium *black detail*, on, off, low, low, off. auto, 2.2 *gamma*)
Thank you VIZIO!
What issue?
post #3223 of 3228 Unread Today, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a e700i-b3 and have noticed a horrible audio input lag after the update. Anybody else notice this or have a fix? Also am experiencing the terrible Active LED glitch where it defaults on with no help from Vizio...
post #3224 of 3228 Unread Today, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsfanatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
I bought an E650i-B2 about 2 weeks ago and did not have the issue mentioned above until 2 days ago when the tv received the firmware (V1.60.10-004.0443_125). After I received the 1.60 firmware I am having the same issues described above:

When I change channels any bright scene will become washed out and after a 5-10 seconds everything will go back to normal until another dark to bright scene appears. This also happens with the menu system and on the "flat test pattern" settings. This also happens while watching a movie on a ps3 and other sources. I have tried changing hdmi cables and hdmi inputs and picture modes. Nothing has helped. I have attached two images that sort of show the issue but you really have to see the problem on video. I have contacted Vizio and have an open case. I sent them the images and videos and they said some engineers will look at them and get back to me today. I will report back with whatever i find out from them. If anyone knows how to fix this or knows how to revert to the previous firmware, please reply.

Thanks to anyone that reads and can help with this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Just got off the phone with Vizio tech support. They said they are working on a new firmware "just for me" to fix this issue and if they can fix it, it will be done by Sunday evening. They asked to call them back on Sunday and if they cannot fix, they will send out a new tv replacement. To which i said, wont the new tv just receive the same 1.60 firmware and have the same problem again? They said that they do not think every E650i-B2 model is having this issue. So a new tv "should" take care of the issue. I told them several people on forums have reported the exact same issue. They said it could be a batch of tvs and not every single unit of the model.

If anyone else is having this issue with a E650i-B2 or other model. Please call vizio tech support to report it. Their tech support is based in the USA and are very nice the times that i have spoken to them. If no one reports it then it wont be fixed. I really liked this tv before this issue and i want to keep it because i bought it at a great price and the next decent tv with low input lag and the specs that I want is double or triple the price.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillpunk View Post
I am having the exact same issue and it was driving me crazy until I saw these posts. Registered just to respond that I have opened a ticket and will be referencing this thread if asked as my issue is exactly the same. I use my tv as a pc monitor as well as source for game consoles, cable and bluray and all have this super annoying brightness fade issue now. Hopefully they can resolve or I will be finding a way to ditch this TV. My first Vizio and this is pretty weak...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid33nyc1 View Post
I am also having a problem with the 11-point white balance settings not saving after update 1.6.As long as I locked in my settings I did not have this problem before the update.
I was having the same problems described here and I did a live chat session with Vizio and seemed to have fixed all the problems.

Of course we had to do through the normal reset the TV to factory defaults and reset the TV by holding the power button for 30 seconds etc. I of course explained I had already done this and the only cause of this issue was the firmware before the firmware everything was fine.

The live support person then gave another thing to try that I had not tried before. Go to System>System Info and then scroll down to the very bottom and select Service Reset and then after that the TV should turn off and back on if it does not turn back on by itself then turn it on manually. After it is back on then Reset the TV to factory defaults and check the TV settings after that.

For me after doing the Service Reset and then resetting the TV to factory defaults the Active LED zones set to off works(or at least is set to off by default)All the options seem to stick and stay at least so far....will update if anything changes.
Did this fix keep the Active LED feature off?
post #3225 of 3228 Unread Today, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BViz View Post
Did this fix keep the Active LED feature off?
Did not fix it for me.
post #3226 of 3228 Unread Today, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_shackleford View Post
Did not fix it for me.
Me neither, but my set is tolerable without me having to reset the active LED zone settings every time, I posted my "solution" a few pages back, At the time I thought it was 100% better, but the problem we are having is an exaggeration of what the active LED zones are supposed to do. If I leave my picture mode on vivid and LED zones to "on" the intensity of the zones is less radically different than if the TV boots and has it set to off. During normal viewing it took me several days to notice that the leds were still had subtle dimming effect.
My Netflix setting is vivid picture mode with active LED zones is "off" and it seems to work as intended without me having to adjust anything.

Rusty Shackleford eh? I hope you turned off the smart spyware feature, otherwise they will send the black helicopters after you.
post #3227 of 3228 Unread Today, 04:01 PM

Had anybody found a fix/setting to start a calibration where the audio is not out of sync? What would be better to start with, game or computer?
post #3228 of 3228 Unread Today, 04:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1210 Post(s)
Liked: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by BViz View Post
Had anybody found a fix/setting to start a calibration where the audio is not out of sync? What would be better to start with, game or computer?

The picture setting has nothing to do with the Audio lag. It has to do with the incoming signal. The only known way to fix it is to change to PCM.

Sent from an system/360
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
vizio e 600-b3 , Vizio E Series E401i A2 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lit Internet Hdtv , vizio m series m602i-b3
Gear in this thread - E401i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page