Official 2014 Vizio Exxx-Bx Series owners thread - Page 112 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #3331 of 3530 Old 01-17-2015, 04:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any long term experiences of the E480i vs E500i ?

Have to make that decision this weekend.

I read through the thread and it looks like initial opinion was the 16x dimming zones vs 6x doesn't seem to help as much and is counter-intuitive?

Last edited by NeedWheels; 01-17-2015 at 05:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 3530 Old 01-17-2015, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsGr8tomE View Post
Iceblast,

Did you mean for the Professional Picture, Color tuner BLUE setting to be: -50,-39,50? or should it actually be -50,-39,-50?

And.....I just got the 600-b3 and using the settings you recommended made ALL the difference in the WORLD! (I played with setting above and liked it better around -50,-39,-30, but that was with your earlier recommendation)

Thanks and Best!
John aka SoundsGr8toMe
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblast View Post
I'm glad it worked out for you. The 50 is positive for me. But -30 might look, or work better for you then me. You should adjust everything to what looks good for your eyes. Nothing is locked in stone.

I now own 2 E600i-b3's now. Using the same settings for both, and they both look the same. I really love this tv.

Amazon has it for $700 with Prime membership. You just can't beat a 60" this good for that price.
I initially tried your settings when i first got my 60" a couple of weeks ago. I found the whites a little yellow, so i decided to just tweak default settings with my Disney WOW disk. Results seemed OK.

Just tried your settings again .... And i think i'll stick with your settings. I was using the "computer" color temp, which gave me nice white whites, but the rest of the picture seemed too light. And that was after calibrating with WOW and using medium black detail.

Had to tweak your settings a bit when using WOW ... Minor stuff though ... Tint for me is 2 instead of 3 when using the blue filter.

I did find that the Tint and color were almost spot on when using the blue filter. If i put the blue saturation to -50 (as SoundsGR8 did) i couldn't calibrate the color with the blue filter ... +30 was ok as was +50.

Did you come to these settings via eyeball only or did you use calibration equipment? If it was eyeball, i'm amazed this setting worked so well with the blue filter. Especially since changing just one item in the color tuner prevented me from dialing in with the filter, when i couldn't really see much of a difference with my eyes.
post #3333 of 3530 Old 01-17-2015, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS18 View Post
I just leave mine on auto.
The PS4 sets it's RGB setting to AUTOMATIC. They even recommend this setting. Problem is the PS4 isn't properly communicating with your TV like you'd expect it should through HDMI. For example, I verified this with my own BenQ monitor. My display is clearly set to full, and the ps4 is set to automatic, but apparently the PS4's 'automatic' setting is assuming limited. The problem only fixes itself when I have to manually put the PS4 to output at full. The PS4 doesn't do this automatically. Which is stupid. EDIT It seems it depends on the TV model. It's problematic for some but okay for others.

Ether way, Sony should look into this, and you - should just assume the worst and set it up manually.

If you notice that often times you have to lower the games in-game brightness settings really low in order to achieve whatever the game is asking (usually : lower brightness until said object is no longer visible) than likely your RGB setting is off. Or, if you feel that dark areas in games are just too damn dark, like looking into a black hole of darkness - we call this crushed blacks. Your settings may also be off. Please look at the end of this post for descriptions on what settings between your PS4 and TV cause what problems.
post #3334 of 3530 Old 01-17-2015, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How do the newest e series compare to the older e601i-a3 for 2 years ago...

I need another 60" for another room, and for the most part I couldn't be happier with the one I have...
post #3335 of 3530 Old 01-17-2015, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnier6 View Post
How do the newest e series compare to the older e601i-a3 for 2 years ago...

I need another 60" for another room, and for the most part I couldn't be happier with the one I have...
The new E600i-b3 is a great tv, and Amazon has it for $749 and $50 off if you have Prime. $700 with free delivery and install. I own 2 of them.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
post #3336 of 3530 Old 01-17-2015, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyVee View Post
I initially tried your settings when i first got my 60" a couple of weeks ago. I found the whites a little yellow, so i decided to just tweak default settings with my Disney WOW disk. Results seemed OK.

Just tried your settings again .... And i think i'll stick with your settings. I was using the "computer" color temp, which gave me nice white whites, but the rest of the picture seemed too light. And that was after calibrating with WOW and using medium black detail.

Had to tweak your settings a bit when using WOW ... Minor stuff though ... Tint for me is 2 instead of 3 when using the blue filter.

I did find that the Tint and color were almost spot on when using the blue filter. If i put the blue saturation to -50 (as SoundsGR8 did) i couldn't calibrate the color with the blue filter ... +30 was ok as was +50.

Did you come to these settings via eyeball only or did you use calibration equipment? If it was eyeball, i'm amazed this setting worked so well with the blue filter. Especially since changing just one item in the color tuner prevented me from dialing in with the filter, when i couldn't really see much of a difference with my eyes.
I came up with my settings in 3 ways.

There was someone on here that calibrated his E600i-b3 with equipment, and posted his settings.

The settings worked great, but I felt I could fine tune the flesh tone settings a bit more. Because I'm in a dark room at all times.

I tried the WOW disc, and that helped a little.

The reds are hard to get right.

But I was reading the P series thread, with them trying to calibrate the Sharp panels there, and added their knowledge to the E600i-b3 Sharp panel, since they are both Sharp panels.

Started up the WOW disc again, and adjusted the Professional Settings, to combat the Red, with the knowledge I learned from the P series thread. I eyeballed it, with the help of just the photo in WOW.

I'm pretty happy with the settings, and I haven't changed anything since.

But every tv can be a bit different, or your eyes may see the colors in a different way, or the lighting in your room my bit different. So, always adjust the settings to what feels good for you.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
post #3337 of 3530 Old 01-18-2015, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmany Navas View Post
What do you mean by tame the whites?

1. a little under 30ms
2. According to Rtings, No you don't
3.Try Rtings.com settings, or just use game or computer mode settings. PS4 looks really beautiful on either 3 settings
Clouds or white jerseys just glow unnaturally and contrast seems to be cranked in most of the presets found here and on tech sites.
post #3338 of 3530 Old 01-18-2015, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Iceblast, will your settings work with my E700I-B3, or are they different panels?
post #3339 of 3530 Old 01-18-2015, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglen View Post
Iceblast, will your settings work with my E700I-B3, or are they different panels?
I'm not sure, but they are both Sharp panels. So, there is a possibly that they will work. I'm not sure if the size difference will be a issue or not. Unfortunately, I've never had a chance to play with a 70" to try.

The 60" and 70" are the best in the E series, far as I know.

Last edited by iceblast; 01-18-2015 at 01:15 PM.
post #3340 of 3530 Old 01-18-2015, 01:19 PM

e700i-b3

had this fine piece of equipment for a week.the price per picture quality is very satisfying.hockey night in Canada looks great the leafs stink.highly recommended 70 inched.any questions go ahead to those on the fence.
post #3341 of 3530 Old 01-20-2015, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McUndecided View Post
Clouds or white jerseys just glow unnaturally and contrast seems to be cranked in most of the presets found here and on tech sites.
Could be a few things. Make sure ‘Black Detail’ is turned off. That thing over contrast the picture (both ways, darker shadows and brighter whites).

Changing the ‘Contrast’ wouldn’t really help. A little bit, but not much. Reducing the backlight will, even though it doesn’t really change the contrast, it reduces the luminosity of the screen, producing a more neutral one.

Last edited by Yasmany Navas; 01-20-2015 at 02:25 AM.
post #3342 of 3530 Old 01-22-2015, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Picking up a 60" from Best Buy. I was wondering if I should bother hooking up internet. I've been reading about problems with the latest firmware. I don't use any "smart" features on my current TV. Yea or Nay?
post #3343 of 3530 Old 01-22-2015, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop99 View Post
Picking up a 60" from Best Buy. I was wondering if I should bother hooking up internet. I've been reading about problems with the latest firmware. I don't use any "smart" features on my current TV. Yea or Nay?
Not worth the trouble, IMO. Especially if you don't use the smart features. I regret mine updating.
post #3344 of 3530 Old 01-22-2015, 10:17 AM

Ice!

Got mine for $699 at Costco and they extend the warranty to 2 years at no cost. Also, 90 day return policy!

Thanks VERY much for your comments AND the info posted about this TV! I used ALL of your settings and It made ALL the difference in the PQ and am enjoying mine VERY much!

Thanks again and Best,
SoundsGr8toMe aka John
post #3345 of 3530 Old 01-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey all, I just bought an Onkyo NR626, and a Vizio 70" e700i-b3. I am unable to get ARC to work!

I feel like I've got all the settings correct on both the receiver and the TV, but I get nothing.

On the setup page for the TV/CD input on the Onkyo, there is no option available for ARC.

At the same time, my TV recognizes the NR626 as a CEC device in its menu.

I'm using a brand new 25ft high speed HDMI cable.

Help?
post #3346 of 3530 Old 01-22-2015, 11:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1880 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Official 2014 Vizio Exxx-Bx Series owners thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst96se View Post
Hey all, I just bought an Onkyo NR626, and a Vizio 70" e700i-b3. I am unable to get ARC to work!

I feel like I've got all the settings correct on both the receiver and the TV, but I get nothing.

On the setup page for the TV/CD input on the Onkyo, there is no option available for ARC.

At the same time, my TV recognizes the NR626 as a CEC device in its menu.

I'm using a brand new 25ft high speed HDMI cable.

Help?

Look at the manual for the Onkyo. At least wit my my older model it was under Hardware or something like that. Arc has to be enabled to work on the receiver.

Edit: a quick google search, shows you need to enable arc in the source set up menu.

Sent from nowhere
post #3347 of 3530 Old 01-24-2015, 08:32 PM

Hi ph8te

I have a panny av and using arc. I get a 38 second delay between turning on the tv and it turning on the panny. Maybe your onkyo just needs a bit of time to connect.

If any one knows why the delay, I would sure like to get rid of it.
post #3348 of 3530 Old 01-25-2015, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Returned my e600i-b3 to Walmart expecting to get a 1.34 firmware but got home and hooked it up and to my horror it had 1.6 already on it :[
post #3349 of 3530 Old 01-25-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgut1 View Post
I recently picked up the e500 from costco for $479 and while I really like the set, I am a little bit bothered by dark corners that I see when the screen is a uniform color. I've read that this is pretty common and was wondering if I should take a chance and swap it out with another one. My other question is whether anyone would return the e500 for the m502 for sale this week at best buy for $499. I've read that the picture is not that different and not sure I want to lose the extra year warranty from costco for the difference. Thanks to all of you for contributing to this thread and answering my questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIVJackal View Post
I notice it as well but it doesn't bother me, doesn't really affect the picture quality imo.

* I added two things to my list of complaints above.
1. Active LED Zones ON - creates clay like skin tones, they look fine when zones are off.
2. Allow the use of the 4-colored buttons to be used for saving favorite channels.
I had opened a case with Vizio and sent them the attached picture (taken with iPhone). They say that this is normal. I realize that the iPhone may be exaggerating the effect, but is anyone with an E-series *not* seeing these darkened corners?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	501753  
post #3350 of 3530 Old 01-25-2015, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwci View Post
I had opened a case with Vizio and sent them the attached picture (taken with iPhone). They say that this is normal. I realize that the iPhone may be exaggerating the effect, but is anyone with an E-series *not* seeing these darkened corners?
My e series looks nothing like that
post #3351 of 3530 Old 01-25-2015, 01:37 PM

settings for those without 11 point white balance not saving problem

Hey everyone,

I have been reading some of this thread after purchasing a vizio e600i-b3. I'm debating whether to keep it or not.

Does anyone have their complete settings for the television if your 11 point white balance saving is not an issue e.g., Iceblast. I have a feeling it might be a particular combination of settings that are causing it to reset. Thank you in advance.

Otherwise my tv seems to be working well. I'm also experiencing that red screen bug each time I boot the tv. that was mentioned by IVjackal. I am running 1.34.44.0180 and I have turned off the wifi because of the 1.6 firmware update. I will turn it on if they release a good stable build with some useful fixes.
post #3352 of 3530 Old 01-26-2015, 09:04 AM

Question

Quote:
I don't get the darkened corners, but I do get the alternating gray / dark gray bars when viewing a gray / neutral colored screen (gray sky, big field, twilight sunset scene). It's quite annoying. A normal, color balances scene is spectacular and I have 0 complaints, but seeing the alternating bars on some colored scenes is disparaging.

Any suggestions to combat that? I try the Active LED Zones, but hate the skin tones that setting produces (very waxed / non-detailed / glowing skins). Is it a backlight setting? I tend to keep mine pretty dim (40 backlight and below).
post #3353 of 3530 Old 01-26-2015, 11:42 AM

So I bought a VIZIO E550i-B2 from amazon about 2 weeks ago, and today half of the screen started to dim. It's subtle, but it's there. There was even a point where it would flicker between the same brightness as the unaffected side and then dim again. Turned it off for about 30 min, and that seemed to fix it for about an hour. Does it sound like my panel is f'd or maybe something that can be fixed? Would be a real PITA to ship this thing somewhere to return it or have it fixed.
post #3354 of 3530 Old 01-26-2015, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

But I was reading the P series thread, with them trying to calibrate the Sharp panels there, and added their knowledge to the E600i-b3 Sharp panel, since they are both Sharp panels.
Iceblast, i've been running your settings since i got my E600i-b3 a few months ago; Thanks!

Out of curiosity, do you have any source for our panels being produced by sharp? Haven't been able to find any real information on that.
post #3355 of 3530 Old 01-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteShoes View Post
Iceblast, i've been running your settings since i got my E600i-b3 a few months ago; Thanks!

Out of curiosity, do you have any source for our panels being produced by sharp? Haven't been able to find any real information on that.
I don't have any sources I could point to, but it's a well known fact, that the 60" and 70" B3's are Sharp panels. Professional calibrators have confirmed this. IMO, that's why they are the best in the Vizio line. Sharp makes very good panels.

post #3356 of 3530 Old 01-26-2015, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Question, can you see the dark corners, while watching tv?

Usually, you would only see dark corners on a white screen like that, but rarely anywhere else. It's not like you're going around watching solid white screens. Try to be careful not to overly nitpick. Judge the tv on real world use, not once in a blue moon use.

post #3357 of 3530 Old 01-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Just picked up the e550i-b2 from Costco yesterday. Got it mounted and then picked up the 42" sound bar as well. Really enjoying this TV. Noticed what some of you guys see as "blooming" on the tv but I realize that is the nature of this type of TV. I have searched cnet and this forum for some calibration settings, but am interested seeing anyone else's settings that can enhance the television experience. Thank you in advance.
post #3358 of 3530 Old 01-26-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Question, can you see the dark corners, while watching tv?

Usually, you would only see dark corners on a white screen like that, but rarely anywhere else. It's not like you're going around watching solid white screens. Try to be careful not to overly nitpick. Judge the tv on real world use, not once in a blue moon use.
Yes, that's good advice. However, I do notice it when watching cable or Netflix.
post #3359 of 3530 Old 01-27-2015, 03:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes, that's good advice. However, I do notice it when watching cable or Netflix.
If you notice it while using real world content, then fall back to, if you don't like the picture, then take it back. Your tv just might have a problem, you need to swap it, or get something else.

It's not unusually to see darker corners on a white screen on a LED TV. But you usually don't see them while watching real world content. If you still see them. Then there is a problem with the screen, or you're very sensitive to it, or you're looking for hard.

post #3360 of 3530 Old 01-27-2015, 07:29 AM

So I purchased a E550i-B2e last night from Target which had a $20 gift card. When I first powered it on I noticed a flashlight effect in the top left and bottom left corners but it seems to go away as soon as I actually watch something. Although I had little time to watch something before going to bed and heading to work this morning. I saw the screw trick on here and will try that when I get home.

More to the point, my questions stem from it being the B2e model rather than the B2. Are the calibration settings going to be the same for this model? I assume so but want to validate that. I quickly tried some calibration settings from CNET and they were terrible. I tried to watch the first 5 minutes of SW Episode 3 and the blur was just too much. They suggested turning all the motion blur off but it was horrific without it. Overall, the only thing I liked about their settings was skin tone.

Also, I am not entirely sure what firmware I am on. How would I find that? I do not want to spend much time on calibration if its all going to change when the update rolls through.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
vizio e 600-b3 , Vizio E Series E401i A2 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lit Internet Hdtv , vizio m series m602i-b3
Gear in this thread - E401i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page